Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Lizzie)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom Core
With a new board comes a lot of new things to learn, and a lot of fun exploring to do!
So we thought we'd do a topic where we can all share any neat tricks/tips that others might not know about.

For example, I've learnt that the small and big codes work as well as using font sizes!
When you scroll down the page, you also get a handy dandy arrow that will take you to the top of the page!

What're some of the things you've learnt?

Last edited by a moderator:
What're some of the things you've learnt?
I've learned you can highlight the part of a post you want to quote and then click "reply" or "quote" in the menu that appears with your highlight.

Also, when you click the green bar above a quote it scrolls you back up to the post that's being quoted!

I've also learned that "reply" means just the basic quote function and the "+ Quote" button that appears below posts (or the highlighted section of posts) is a multi-quote function. If you use the multi-quote function, you have to click "insert quotes" under the post box to organize and insert those multiple quotes!

Last edited:
Oooh to avoid getting thousands of close tags ([ / hr ] [ /font ] etc. ) at the end of your post, make sure you close everything, including your hr's!! Otherwise you get lots of lines at the end of your page.
So your hr's especially should look like
Code:
Post post post
[hr][/hr]
post post

I learned that you have to go in and reset up your profile. You can add a line that appears under your name when you post but it also shows on the home screen which is super cool to me!

Also, you can post on a character’s profile which is super fun! You just click on the name and it appears. You can post on your own or on other people’s!

The notifications from sub accounts to your main is gonna be a godsend.

So close.

I found out something less nifty but still important to know for people I think. It appears that links to RPs or other threads are broken now (like the bio link in a sig and all RP's people may link in said bio's)

Last edited:
I found out something less nifty but still important to know for people I think. It appears that links to RPs or other threads are broken now (like the bio link in asig and all RP's people may link in said bio's)
this is mentioned in the FAQ.

One thing I've noticed is that since avatars show up a bit larger on profiles than in the side bar things (I am great at this wording!!), they show up pixelated in the profile if you're using an avatar smaller than 200x200 pixels. There's a message about recommended avatar sizes when you go to add/change an avatar, and it's not the end of the world if there's pixelated gifs becase not everyone would mind this, but this seemed fitting to mention just in case others were using old avs and might want to avoid it!

Also, for anyone who's redoing their links; you can click on the words like "Sara's bio" and an option comes up to edit link. You can also do it the ol' trusty bbcode way, but I'm liking the new trick!

One thing I've noticed is that since avatars show up a bit larger on profiles than in the side bar things (I am great at this wording!!), they show up pixelated in the profile if you're using an avatar smaller than 200x200 pixels. There's a message about recommended avatar sizes when you go to add/change an avatar, and it's not the end of the world if there's pixelated gifs becase not everyone would mind this, but this seemed fitting to mention just in case others were using old avs and might want to avoid it!
Ya, avatars appear in a few different sizes and scaling down is always easier than scaling up - so try to find avatars that will look good at both extremes!

Good tip!

I've discovered that if you're putting a spoiler in your sig it won't display properly in the rich text editor... I spent ages struggling to figure out what I had done wrong and why it was just showing the spoiler code and not the spoiler, but when I eventually tried just applying it and looking at it on a post, the spoiler was just fine!

I've also discovered member titles have a much lower character limit, which will take some getting used to:cry:

Yes, just because the WYSIWYG editor is showing your code doesn't necessarily mean it won't appear in a post or signature. The preview function is still your friend! (Or be cool like me and disable WYIWYG and do straight code! ;) )

7201edac478fd082218308799d79ac8f.png

I spent ages thinking that every time I posted something, I lost the ability to edit the code... until I found the nifty little 'toggle BBcode' button (gear, top-right) that lets you view/edit it again. I mean... I could just be really slow, but thought I'd share in case anyone else was wondering =))

Also this BBcode help page is amazing, thank you :D I love the more advanced table options!!

I've learned that on a few of my characters a few threads were already 'watched', and that even though I turned off the setting that I get an email for every reply to a watched thread, that doesn't change the ones you were already watching before you changed the setting. So if you don't want the emails make sure to go to your watched threads list, select them all and select 'disable email notification'

this also means (I think) that you can turn it on for one or two threads you're watching, which could be useful!

What happened to the notifications? I kept track of which lessons I had done and which were left by deleting the notifications for the ones I'd finished so now I'm lost. Help??

this also means (I think) that you can turn it on for one or two threads you're watching, which could be useful!
Yes, you can still choose to watch threads and even click to receive emails when you watch it. The notice was just to recommend changing the default behaviour!

Yes, you can still choose to watch threads and even click to receive emails when you watch it. The notice was just to recommend changing the default behaviour!
Yes and it's been very helpful in preventing me from being covered in a pile of emails xD but it does seem that any threads you had been tracking/watching before the site transferred over have email notifications turned on even when you didn't before or if you turned it off as soon as you logged in. Which can be useful to know ^_^

I keep thinking how cool the watched thread area is and I don't think I'm actually watching any. Lemme go change that. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back