Last BOOK you read

The Grownup- Gillian Flynn
Very short, but an interesting read.

Sherlocks Holmes Memoirs - Arthur Conan Doyle
Have been reading the entire SH series and this is the last of them.
Absolutely loved it. Just started The Fall by Glen L.Hall, the first in the Last Druid Trilogy and am loving it, it has me intrigued and page turning like with Harry Potter. Nowhere near finished but would recommend it already ^_^

I just finished rereading Terry Pratchett's Men at Arms.
I really love the Discworld series and I have a lot of feelings about this book right now. I'd forgotten how much the characters have grown over the course of the series, particularly Vimes.
Fantasy books that deal with real-world issues are so hard to find, let alone ones that are engaging and hilarious while doing it.

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I liked everything about the book except the fact that it was 700+ pages. :doh: I finished it a month ago and only just picked up another book today (Game of Thrones psychology :p ).

I haven't finished it yet (I'm somewhere in the middle) but I'm currently reading Fingersmith by Sarah Waters and it's really messing with my head (In a good way), it's very good so far.

I just finished reading the sequel to Six of Crows, Crooked Kingdom ^_^ Now I'm probably going to continue my re-read of the HP series and start book 4 :)

I just read "Good to Great and the Social Sectors" for a course - but only because it was small enough to do so. :tut:

Renegades by Marissa Meyer

I love superhero stuff sometimes xD

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. The series is so good! I don’t want to spoil anythingn but y’all should read the series.

Now I’m reading an unedited manuscript for a book to be released next year called Fire Song. It’s about this Anishinaabe teenage boy who is struggling to get off the reservation after the death of his younger sister. It’s really poignant especially with the changes that people in my direct circle are trying to make about the treatment for Native Canadians.

Wyatt Finch said:
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. The series is so good! I don’t want to spoil anythingn but y’all should read the series.
I love that series so much!! :woot:

I'm currently reading 'The Scorpion Rules ', though I'm not sure how much I like it yet

I reread Neverwhere for inspiration for my own miniseries.

Tristan Collins said:
Wyatt Finch said:
I love that series so much!! :woot:
It gives me emotionssss I've pretty much been harassing Abby via text reacting to the series as I've read it. I highkey i feel bad for her.

Reread Ready player one. I'm pretty sure I'll read it again before the film comes out.

James Cade said:
Reread Ready player one. I'm pretty sure I'll read it again before the film comes out.
I love this book!

I just finished reading The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet, damn this book is good.

I just finished The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
It was pretty good.

It's not the last thing I finished, but I recently read the Quantum Thief trilogy by Hannu Rajaniemi and oh my gosh it's incredible. . . And no one I know has heard of them. Seriously, if you've read these and enjoyed them please message me, I need someone to yell about them with.

It's this fantastic, convoluted sci-fi epic, with astonishingly good worldbuilding, where nothing is stated explicitly - you just have to pick it up as you go along, and as you realise more about how the world works it ties into what's happening with the story. Just. wow.

I just finished Time to Say Goodbye by S.D. Robertson. It was OK - it's about a father who's trapped in the world as a spirit and has to decide whether to move on and leave his daughter behind, or stay trapped on earth for the rest of time. I mostly just read it for more ideas for my own story :lol: and it gave me a few.

Last week I finished reading The Handmaid's Tale for the 9269493th time. It's soooo amazing and definitely a good read! Can't say much because I don't want to give it away, but it's basically set in a fictional dystopian world where a war happens and then women are forced to breed. It can get a bit confronting but it's good if you're interested in that kind of stuff.

Now I'm reading a book of short stories, mainly to read something different, but also because I want to get some ideas for a story I'm writing :D

Charlotte Owens said:
Last week I finished reading The Handmaid's Tale for the 9269493th time. It's soooo amazing and definitely a good read! Can't say much because I don't want to give it away, but it's basically set in a fictional dystopian world where a war happens and then women are forced to breed. It can get a bit confronting but it's good if you're interested in that kind of stuff.
Have you seen the TV show too? Do you think it holds up because I loveeee that book?!

I read The Rocking-horse Winner by D.H. Lawrence which was pretty dull but it's to be expected from him, I'd say.

The Handmaid's Tale is so good! (I like dystopias far too much.)

I just finished Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris. I always love her writing (particularly the Norse mythology stuff, she does Loki so well), and this one was definitely up to her standard, and satisfyingly convoluted. And it had a very surprising twist ending, although the twist left me feeling uncomfortable for reasons I can't fully reveal because spoilers. Lets just say it plays into that awful LGBT villain trope.

I'm currently reading FantasticLand by Mike Bockoven. I'm trying to finish it by the end of the year even though I'm dreadfully behind on my Goodreads goal this year. :( But wow, am I enjoying this one. It's interview style set after a hurricane hits an amusement park with some disastrous results.

I just finished A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart, which is a story about a dad trying to repair his relationship with his wife and autistic son, who he's always struggled to understand. I bawled my eyes out at the end :cry: it was emotional and uplifting and made me laugh and cry all the way through!!

I haven't had a lot of time to read anything new, so I've been rereading old books and recently I went back through Animal Farm. I friggen love this book so much.

I finished A Legacy of Spies - John LeCarre and really enjoyed it, felt it finished too quickly for my liking though but then again I can never get enough of his books, never want them to end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back