Last BOOK you read

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan.. :r

Third book of the Kane Chronicles.. :)

the last book I read is Godess Girls: Persephone the Phony by: Joan Holub and Suzan Williams but I didn't finished reading it 'cause I lost it

The last book I read was Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets. I'm up to Prisoner of Azkaban now! xD

I just finished reading Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I got it for Christmas, and only started reading and finished reading it today. :r

It was really good! I enjoyed it, and time to read the rest of the series now. :D

The last book I read in its entirety?
Performing the Sacred: Theology & Theatre in Dialogue
By Todd E. Johnson & Dale Savidge

I just recently read a book called 'Entertain Us!' by Craig Schuftan, about alternative rock in the 90s. It was very interesting. He's written a couple of others - one about modern art and modern music, the other about music that drew of Romanticism (like The Cure and My Chemical Romance).

I like being a music nerd at times. :p

The last book I read was called Two states. It was by an Indian author called Chetan Bhagat. I found it really nice. The story was about two people who fall in love and are from different states and caste and how they convince their parents and clan to allow their marriage. Sometimes the English was crappy but it was in the dialogues and some Indians have crappy English xD

The book I've finished recently was The Slap By Christos Tsiolkas. It is very confronting, I would only recommend it to people who have a firm hold on what they believe.

Handmaids Tale- Margaret Atwood.
A difficult read at times when it jumps around, but I grew to really like this book. It's quite interesting and a good read. Though not usually the genre I go for, I still managed to like this.

The Elite - Kiera Cass

It's the second book of The Selection Trilogy and it's really worth reading... xD ... Too bad the third book's not out yet though.. :p

I do a lot of reading during the summer, and the most recent one I read was The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. It was really good. A really nice easy read.

And now, I'm currently reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. Summer holidays are great for reading.

Tybalt Archer said:
I do a lot of reading during the summer, and the most recent one I read was The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. It was really good. A really nice easy read.
This is one of my favorite books ever. :correct:

I just finished reading This Beautiful Life by Helen Schulman. It was way different from my preferred genre (and much shorter too :p ), but it was a pretty interesting look at how a family deals with a very specific type of scandal.

So I really do read a lot, I finished Lolita, which I really enjoyed. It was a really good novel in how it made you almost sympathize with the main character.
I also finished this crime novel set in Florence. The only reason I even got it was because it was set in Florence. But it was all right. Not incredible but not awful either.

All Good Children - Catherine Austen

I really enjoyed this book. It is set in a future where the government decides that children need to be controlled in order to better society.

Recently I have had a thing for reading Cassandra Clare and my reading list for this week includes her short stories for the Bane Chronicles. A sweet little insight into the warlock who is Magnus Bane and how he came to be so deliciously gorgeous. It an interesting read, currently I am on book six, Saving Raphael Santiago

The recent convo in Spam reminded me to look up this topic. :p

I just finished reading Geek Love by Katherine Dunn. It's about a family of carnival freaks named the Binewskis. Their parents made them by having the mom ingest drugs and expose herself to radiation while she was pregnant. That should let you know how crazy the book is. :p

Finished reading a Historical piece on an amazing and formidable woman in the Elizabethan era called Bess of Hardwick, she's someone i'd definitely invite round for dinner! :wub:

The last book in the Fablehaven series. I highly recommend it. People say it's like Harry Potter, but I think it is pretty much it's own unique thing.

FREUD - A Life for Out Time by Peter Gay
It's probably the most beautifully worded novel regarding someone I hold to high respect.
If you enjoy anything about the topic of physchology, then this Sigmund Freud read is for you. It contains his unethical observations of his own daughter, Anna. Which are SO interesting. By the way when I say unethical, I mean by society's standards, not humanistic natural thinking's.

</SIZE></COLOR>
The Blood of Olympus
By Rick Riordan​
<COLOR color="#000"><SIZE size="150">

I went cuckoo for this, thank gods I recovered. ;)
So this book, is actually the final book in The Heroes of Olympus Series. It's about how the Greek and Romans fulfilled the quest that has been given to them. I highly recommend this for teens who likes a mix of history and modern stories.

Strictly speaking i have finished it yet but I'm reading a book called Ready player one by Ernest Cline and frankly I'm hooked. I haven't been this hooked on a book since I started reading the women's murder a couple of years back.

I read The Gentleman Clothier by Norm Foster, didn't enjoy it much. Immediately before it, though, I read Leaving Home by David French and now I want read the rest of the plays in that universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back