Last BOOK you read

I've been reading my way through Victoria Aveyard's Red Queen series. I'm in the middle of book 3.
I just finished this series with the 4th book, War Storm(?). I actually found the ending more satisfying than I expected to.

I've started reading another Brandon Sanderson book called The Way of Kings, and love it already haha

Okay I recently finished My Sister's Keeper and the ending totally ruined it for me!! I could think of so many better ways to end it and achieve the same result without ruining the rest of the book =))

Which is a shame because I loved the story until that point :zombie:

I recently read Paris in the 20th Century by Jules Verne. I really enjoyed, i read it in like a day and then got my friend to read it so we could discuss it. It was a really great book.

I've just finished the break by Marian Keyes. Not my typical read by I found myself quite attached to the characters by the end...didn't like the ending.

Finished How to Stop Time by Matt Haig today. It was an enjoyable book, though a teeny bit slow at times, as it lingered on events in the past that didn't seem super important. But it moved me to tears which is what I read books for soo thumbs up from mee

I finished a book called The Weird Sisters. I think I would have liked it more if it had more Shakespeare in it. xD It was a meh book about three sisters returning home to care for their sick mother and learning about themselves and each other.

this afternoon I finished the fellowship of the ring. after reading it for an embarrassingly long amount of time.
I think my next book or two will be a little lighter before I make a start on the two towers.
I am thinking either a tangle of gold by jaclyn Moriarty or the rules of magic by Alice Hoffman.

I just finished Neil Gaiman's American Gods and oh my gosh (or, perhaps more appropriately, oh my gods)
What an incredible book
There is so much going on in there, and it includes my favourite characterisation of Odin I've read so far, and the plot twists at the end are that wonderful sort of plot twist that are completely unexpected but in hindsight seem utterly inevitable

I've started reading another Brandon Sanderson book called The Way of Kings, and love it already haha
I stopped reading this about half way through, and only recently finished it, and was so hooked I went out immediately to by Part 2 :lol:

I finished Dumplin' recently. I'm excited to see if the Netflix adaptation holds up.

That Stephen King talk the other day made me want to pick up something of his, so I recently finished The Green Mile. I read it in 24 hours, it was amazing =)) (I'd already seen the film but it was gripping even knowing what was coming)

The last book I read was Vampire Knight volume 11.
I may not be a fan of vampire love triangles but that one has me hooked.

I'm about four Arcs into an audiobook called WORM that @Briar Rowan-Cullen got me started on. So good so far.

Before that I reread Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

I've just started reading Heroes by Stephen Fry and it's just as good as Mythos was!

I was rereading Kingdom of Ash last night, the last book of the Throne of Glass series and I am still very much in love with the series. :wub:

So the last book I read was A hundred Years of Solitude. And it was a really good book, it follows a family through a number of generations in a town. The name repetition can sometimes make things tricky, but I really enjoyed it. I'm on a staycation holiday from work, so I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done.

I am currently listening to an audiobook called the girl in red by Christina Henry. It is good, interesting, and so relevant to what is going on in the world
It is a retelling of little red riding hood. So it is set in a post apocalyptic America. The apocalypse being a disease where people dye by coughing. And red is a girl walking to her grandmas house. Add into that that she has a prosthetic leg. And a bolder personality than she should have. She already lost her parents (due to racists with guns) and brother (who I am still getting to how) and there is certainly some sci-fi or horror stuff going on though I don’t know what yet.
But you know the weird thing about this Book that makes it the most scary. It was published in June 2019. Yet it reads as a fictional retelling of events happening/that happened this year.

I just finished The Conference of the Birds by Ransom Riggs. It's a continuation of Miss Peregrine's Home for Pecular Children (#5). Decent read, not my fave of the series, but I'll pick up the next one when it's out. I think it's so cool that the stories are developed around random vintage photos.

@Willow Cullen That is so spooky! I will have to put that book on my list. I've had a copy of the Stand at home forever and I really want to read it, but I'm hesitating because I feel like it's going to be too raw.

Spilled Milk by K.L. Randis

Currently working on The Secret Life of Bees.

Currently working through the Secret Commonwealth by Philip Pullman. It's a continuation of His Dark Materials. I'm liking it better already than La Belle Sauvage, although that prequel was interesting.

I find that the more I'm on HNZ, the less I read real books. Oops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back