Birthday Werewolf

I definitely don't think there's any evidence yet that Phoebe's a wolf, and so I'm suspicious of anyone trying to untie the vote and lynch her. I'm changing my vote to James Adams

Pitchforks raised and torches lit, tensions in the village grew higher and higher as the day went on, names flying back and forth and disagreement running rampant. Despite a few close calls however, none could agree on a reasonable target and, unwilling to potentially sacrifice one of their own, the villagers returned to their homes as the sun set, once again no lives taken that day.

IT IS NOW NIGHT.

Night roles have 24 hours to PM me with their actions.

The town hall in disarray and littered with debris from the day's arguing, (discarded torches, stones thrown in anger) one lone member of the village stayed up late to sweep away the clutter. As the Mayor, responsibility weighed heavily on James Cade's shoulders, especially in times of such strife. The village relied on him to guide them, and it was no small burden to bear. One that had left him needing a moment of solitary thought on this fateful night.

Unfortunately, a man with such power was a clear target for the wolves.

The town hall doors left unlocked by the last disgruntled villager to leave made the wolves work easy, and the Mayor had so kindly cleaned up all obstacles in their path. And when the townsfolk awoke the next morning, there was nothing left of their leader but a puddle of blood behind his podium.

IT IS NOW DAY.

You have 24 hours to decide who, if anyone, to lynch.

OKAY SO

Yesterday I was silenced by the Spellcaster :cry: it was not a fun time for me. I'm not sure who to lynch yet, though, so I'll withhold my vote until things progress a bit more but I just wanted to put that out there xD

RIP the mayor :( you'll be missed. *moment of silence*

Professor Justin Cliffeton said:
OKAY SO

Yesterday I was silenced by the Spellcaster :cry: it was not a fun time for me. I'm not sure who to lynch yet, though, so I'll withhold my vote until things progress a bit more but I just wanted to put that out there xD

RIP the mayor :( you'll be missed. *moment of silence*
Wait, I thought you can communicate via emoticons and gifs? "Spellcaster - A trickster of sorts, each night the spellcaster charms away the voice of one of the townspeople. The recipient of said curse may only communicate via emoticons and textless gifs for the following day cycle."

And also, I'm suspicious of Kathy. She change her vote the last minute to make the votes tie and no one has to die :glare: is she trying to spare the lives of the wolves? I'll vote when I'm ready to go to bed

So I'm just gonna quickly jump in before I go to work - so I said I was suspicious of Cyndi yesterday (and still slightly am because of her immediate reaction to lynching Sally), but in light of recent events I'm going to vote for Annaleise.

The first day when I said I wanted to tie the vote and have no one die, Anna said this may be counterproductive in finding a wolf and untied it again (although thanks to Dan we both ironically managed to do the opposite of what we wanted xD ). Yesterday she untied the vote again, choosing to vote for Phoebe with no real reason.

I think the fact that Emzies and Dan were the last kills hasn't been random - as of the first day, either they or I could have been the Mayor, and I realised it was Dan once Emzies died. Yesterday he actually tied the vote first between James and Phoebe, so I decided to vote for Cyndi, not only because I was actually suspicious of her, but because it kept the vote tied - and also looked like Cyndi may have actually been ahead at 3 votes if I were the Mayor. After that was when Anna voted for Phoebe, as I suspected she might after her actions the previous day phase - it raised Phoebe to three votes if I was the Mayor (and thus saving Cyndi if she and Anna are wolves), and still would have put Phoebe ahead if Dan was the Mayor - until I changed my vote at the last second to James Adams and tied it again.

I've been trying to tie the votes because I truly didn't think Sally or Phoebe were wolves, and Sally has since been proven innocent. I believe lynching is a very good way for wolves to get ahead in the kill count, especially in the early stages of the game, which is why I've always been against voting on the first day, and am suspicious of anyone who seems to be adamant in doing so - which is why Cyndi's post of 'one day Sally might actually be a wolf' raised a flag to me. Sally was an easy target to try and lynch, and so became Phoebe. Unless Cyndi and Anna convince me otherwise, I believe them to be wolves right now.

Aurora Night said:
I'm going to vote for Annaleise.

Yesterday she untied the vote again, choosing to vote for Phoebe with no real reason.
1056.gif

I admit, Cyndi I am slightly less sure of you - but it's unfortunate that the spellcaster seems to have targeted you, so you can't defend yourself xD I remain unconvinced just yet sadly, you could just be trying to throw Anna under the bus.

If Kathy were a wolf, I don't think she'd be trying to save anyone from being lynched off :D (besides, that's way too complex an explanation to have come up with as an alibi if it weren't true xD )

I'm not that suspicious of Cyndi, either, because it would be very rash of a wolf to make the comment she did after Sally died. It'd probably be wiser to keep a low profile.

Aand since I'm leaning towards trusting both of you guys,

I vote to lynch Annaleise

What if one of the wolves had a vote yesterday? She would know if she's a wolf. So, maybe she's saving that person by tying up the votes. I have no life apparently and have the time in the world to analyze xD

My vote goes toward Kathy still. I vote to lynch Aurora Night ... I'm heading to bed and so I'll be MIA

And is Jesse going to spell YMCA soon? :teehee:

I HAD A FEELING HE WAS SPELLING YMCA =))

Anyway, damn. The mayor is gone :o

I'm sorry that ya'll think I'm suspicious, but I just don't want to waste time making a tie when we could potentially lynch off a wolf. They seem to have had leads by voting off a hunter and the mayor so far, and it just seems dumb to not vote for people when we could be getting wolves.

I personally feel that this effort to make ties has stopped us from getting wolves. It's still counter productive to me. Obviously, we're still saving some villagers by not voting. But the wolves have taken out the mayor role which could have been really useful, and we're doing nothing but getting ties to 'save' people that could be the wolves themselves. It doesn't seem useful to continue saving people through making the votes tied, when the wolves are taking full advantage of that and taking out roles that could be used to defeat them.

I don't know if Cyndi is trying to put me under the bus or not (it would be ridiculously obvious if she was, which might be the wolves' strategy???) but I'm really just trying to vote off people for the sake of getting wolves. While the votes continue to be tied, the wolves continue to kill people and it's just pointless to me to not lynch people, because that is essentially offering the wolves more people to kill. If we continue making the votes tied, we're not getting wolves and they're getting us. Idk if this makes sense but long story short: I'd still rather try and lynch wolves, instead of letting them kill us off one by one.

Therefore am going to vote for Cyndi, because she seems to be putting me under the bus, and that could be an admittedly very obvious way of making her look less suspicious, but it's all I really have to go on. No one else seems suspicious at this point except KR, who still hasn't posted in the game (when she is usually active in these games) despite being online.

Okay, ot's morning here and I'm just out of bed, so a bit groggy but I wanted to check in before work. Kathy, to be honest, your reasoning doesn't make much sense to me? I've always thought that tying the vote purposefully wasn't really helpful, since the lynching is our only way of fighting back. The night time killings don't help us, obviously, because only villagers die, but we also lose the chance to fight back if we keep tying the vote. I'm sorry if that makes no sense, I'll read fully through them all later when I'm home.

While I am suspicious of Cyndi, I get a worse feeling with Kathy. Her logic about tying the vote doesn't make much sense, like Maia pointed out.

I actually have the feeling they are maybe both on the same side but trying to look like they aren't. It seemed like that to me since Kathy voted for Cyndi only to take it back to tie the vote. I also find it suspicous that Cyndi said she might change her vote to break the tie Kathy made two nights ago but never did.

I feel like Kathy and Cyndi are both suspicious. For now I'm voting Aurora Night

I feel suspicious of both of them, looking back.
Hmm. I don't want to tie the vote though. So, I guess I'll vote for Aurora Night.

To clarify - Cyndi quoting Kathy's vote for Anna with a thumbs up is the silenced version of voting.

The votes currently stand
Samuel Phillips - 3
Aurora Night - 3
Professor Cyndi Kingsley - 1

Ok, so I'll address in order:
Teagan Maxwell said:
What if one of the wolves had a vote yesterday? She would know if she's a wolf. So, maybe she's saving that person by tying up the votes.
Yesterday the only person I saved by tying the vote was Phoebe - who may be a wolf, I admit. But there's absolutely no reasoning for that other than 'she's been lying low.' Others have been as absent as her (and there always seems to be a few every game), so I don't think it's really good enough reasoning to lynch her off. I didn't really save James Adams because he was already safe - and I've only been voting for him because I was shamelessly using the mayor's votes to tie things up. The day before that, of course, the only person I really saved was Sally - who was a villager.
Samuel Phillips said:
It doesn't seem useful to continue saving people through making the votes tied, when the wolves are taking full advantage of that and taking out roles that could be used to defeat them.

...While the votes continue to be tied, the wolves continue to kill people and it's just pointless to me to not lynch people, because that is essentially offering the wolves more people to kill. If we continue making the votes tied, we're not getting wolves and they're getting us. Idk if this makes sense but long story short: I'd still rather try and lynch wolves, instead of letting them kill us off one by one.
As I said before, I believe Emzies was a loss in the wolves' effort to find the mayor (which it's so unlucky she was the hunter), and unfortunately Dan was the next causualty - his role was undeniably revealed during Rowan's vote tally on the second day, as at that point Dan had been the only one to vote for James, who had two votes. As for the full number of wolves continuing to kill people - including the kill from the hunter, they've only been directly (and indirectly) responsible for three deaths, as opposed to the five they would have had on us at this point. We're not giving the wolves 'more people to kill' - they have the exact same amount of people to kill and they're having a harder time doing it. Yes, they're picking us off one by one, but at least we're not dying two by two.
Sara Moon said:
...the lynching is our only way of fighting back.
This I completely agree with. But, I only believe lynching is useful when there is actual reasoning behind it - which to me Sally and Phoebe did not have.
Amber Chou Wilson said:
While I am suspicious of Cyndi, I get a worse feeling with Kathy.

...I actually have the feeling they are maybe both on the same side but trying to look like they aren't.
This is funny because I totally didn't notice that there could be a connection between Cyndi and I xD But if we are on the same team, we don't know it.

I also have two extra additions:

Firstly, I was going to save this suspicion, because it hinges on whether I'm right about Anna, but I think Maia may be working with her too. She indirectly defended her today by disagreeing with my logic on tying the vote (which Anna has always been against), voted for Kelsey Ruth yesterday (who Anna said she was suspicious of today), and I got the feeling she was agreeing with Cyndi a fair bit too (who was the one who put forward inactivity as something that might be a lead). This suspicion is more conjecture, which is why I was going to hold it back, but I figure I may as well say everything now in case I don't get a chance to later.

Secondly, can I just say - if I were a wolf would I really have come up with this kind of reasoning? It's so attention grabbing. And sure maybe that's trying to throw people off track - except I'm in quite good danger of getting lynched. (Of course I am, I never thought otherwise xD ) How does one wolf dying in a failed attempt to blatantly throw suspicion on someone else help the team? Especially when it's revealed that person is a wolf and everyone knows not to trust whatever they were saying. If I were on the wolves' team, I really wouldn't be this loud, and I definitely wouldn't have been tying any votes.

I sort of get your logic but at the same time tying the vote constantly feels like stalling the game and making it harder for the villagers to actually do something. Even if we lynch randomly, at least we have a chance of getting a wolf. No lynching means the wolves just win in the end because the villagers didn't do anything. Some wolves are often attention grabbing and loud, while others are quiet. I don't think you posting a lot or trying to tie votes makes you less likely to be a wolf.

I stay with my vote.

The ratio of wolves to innocents makes it highly unlikely that we will choose to lynch off a villager at random and without any evidence - that is why Kathy tied the vote, I believe. We are far, far more likely in the early stages of the game to lynch off villagers than we are to hit a wolf, therefore killing ourselves off more quickly.

I'm not sure what to do, now. If Kathy ends up getting lynched off and turns out to be a wolf, I'll look mighty suspicious =)) but on the other hand I just really, really don't think she is one. And I'm suspicious of the people who are so suspicious of her!!

Kathy tied the votes the other day and saved Sally, a villager. Why why why wouldn't she have just let Sally die if she were a wolf? She would KNOW Sally was innocent and want to kill her. It just makes no sense.

Professor Kalif Styx said:
I still haven't found out if anyone is really suspicious.

Professor Kalif Styx said:
I feel suspicious of both of them, looking back.
Hmm. I don't want to tie the vote though. So, I guess I'll vote for Aurora Night.

giphy.gif

At risk of being shunned ill tie it back up by voting for Aurora Night, it's too risky that we lynch a villager or good role and put us at a bigger disadvantage against the wolves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back