Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
As Saturday 19th November approached Willow had been busy. it was the big SDA semester 1 meeting and this year it had taken quite a lot of organisation. Talking to the headmistress, then sending owls to the relivent people at the ministry before finally being able to advertise the event to the club members. but she hoped it would be worth it. She was up early to get a run in before she showered and made sure that she looked her best before meeting her future colleagues. After lunch, she and analei had the great hall to set up. glad of being able to use magic she was able to clear the house tables to the side and set up chairs in a half-circle around a platform. and there were some drinks mini muffins and biscuits set up to one side the food courtesy of one of the professors who heard that her cousin was going to be visiting.
it was almost no time before they were heading to the gates to welcome the aurors. "Hello Aurors Deniro and Cade. Welcome to Hogwarts. I'm willow Cullen and this is Analei Louw. Thank you so much for coming to talk to us today" she said as before letting them in and making their way up the path to the castle.
once they were in the great hall she was glad to see some people arriving. this would be a total flop if no one came. "We will just give it a few minutes for people to arrive. did you want a drink or something to eat" she said. wanting her guests to be comfortable and feel welcomed. as well as wanting to give a good impression to her future co-workers.

OOCOut of Character:
just arrivals for the first 24 hours then we will get the event properly underway. we have two weeks when the guests have permission to post. open to all SDA members. non-members please contact myself or Analei first. thank you

@Analei Louw @James Cade @Maya DeNiro

When Flynn had learned that first years couldn't take part in the dueling tournament that was a bit of a shame, but when he had learned there was an 'Ask An Auror' event he could attend as a member of the SDA, needless to say, he was going to be showing up. The first year was eager beyond belief, more or less racing into Great Hall for the meeting, beaming from ear to ear and trying to pretend that he wasn't completely out of breath from running the whole way there. "Am I the first one?" He wondered, taking a quick glance around as he made sure to find somewhere front and center to sit himself down, quite eager to ask all the questions he had on his mind.

Lysander was stoked to hear that there'd be some real-life aurors in the castle for the SDA to meet. They were practically like wizard heroes, taking down all the bad guys and stuff. It sounded exciting, and it was something Sander wondered if he'd one day do. He wanted to be that person, out there dealing with dark magic and having epic duels that people would tell stories about. He expected the aurors to look as cool as he imagined them to be, with awesome scars from all their fights, maybe even an eyepatch or two, but when he stepped into the Great Hall and noticed the adults present, they kind of looked like just regular people instead. Did they even have amazing stories to tell? He could ask an auror, that was the whole point of the event, though he had to hope they could deliver.​

When Hilda had told her that Aurors were going to come to Hogwarts to answer their questions, she didn't hesitate a second to go there,she had so much to learn from this experience. .And today here she is sitting in the Hall waiting for the event to start, she had arrived a little early and for the moment there were only a few students and teachers in the room, so she started scribbling in her drawing book while waiting for things to happen.

Liusaidh had been some what pleased that her detention didn’t mean she couldn’t still go to the SDA event that would’ve been the worst thing to ever happen to any person ever. She hadn’t minded the detention, it had essentially been a more complex clean your room punishment and Liusaidh had made her best attempt while knowing that it was pointless. The slytherin walked into the great hall and spotted the seats and then the leaders of the club and the aurors. She spotted in the room, that boy from the lake, ”Lake boy!” she greeted him warmly as if they were old friends, she wouldn’t have sat front and centre but since he was sitting front and centre, she decided that she would sit with him. So she took the exactly spot next to him, not caring if perhaps he had that spot reserved for someone else.

Derek had thought learning about what aurors did would be cool, he knew that wasn’t a career path for him, but maybe it could be. He didn’t think so, it seemed to be quite busy and he didn’t want to end up doing that. He liked working at school stuff but he was mostly hoping for a break after it all, perhaps eventually he’d return to education but in no time soon. Derek walked into the great hall where the meeting was due to take place and found himself a spot near the front of the room. Derek was quite curious about what sort of things people would ask and what sort of things they would say. It could be quite fun.

Lumio didn’t want to be an auror when he left school, but he knew there was something for him to gain from being at an event where someone talked about it. He had gone along, and was heading into the room now. He took a seat closer to the back of the room and waited as others were arriving too. The teen wasn’t sure what he wanted to do after school, there was so much time for him too decide that it seemed pointless to think about, but with aurors talking to them, it was something to consider - though he knew he’d need to get his grades up if he wanted to and that would be his biggest challenge. Getting his awful grades up but that wasn’t to think about today, he had some questions and was ready for it.

Ajaccio walked excitedly into the great hall, he’d noticed the signs for this event in the common room, and had been really excited by it. Ajax hadn’t thought about his future in much of a sense, but he could always be crossing things off his list. He glanced around the room, spotting his brother whom he waved to, and Flynn the young skateboarder he knew, ”Flynn, hey!” he greeted loudly, but he didn’t go to sit with him, instead finding an empty spot next to Lysander, they had certainly been coming to a lot of these events and he was enjoying spending this time with him. "Hey man, is Wendall coming to this?" he asked with a warm expression.

Daintree liked the SDA club purely because it was duelling and though he knew he didn’t need to be a part of the club for duelling, daintree thought it just made sense. He walked into the great hall, and up to the front where the two organisers were clearly setting up, and he smiled, ”Hey Willow,” he said, ”Really looking forward to this,” it didn’t matter to him if she didn’t know who he was and thought it an odd interaction, he thought it was important to be saying things to the leaders so they knew his face, were more aware of who he was. The slytherin smiled towards the aurors before finding a seat within the room, opting to sit relatively close to the back of the room.

Beckett was arriving to the Great Hall as he received an owl for an upcoming event of the SDA Club, he didn't really knew what was gonna happen but he presumed they were going to spend some time with Aurors since the name of the even was 'Ask an Auror'.
He entered the Great Hall who was now very different from the place he ate at this morning, he saw some snacks and he decided to take a mini muffin. He didn't knew anyone at all so he thought it would be better to stick in the shadows and just participate whenever the event begins.

Sydney arrived to the Great Hall, she was excited for this event. As a first years one of the disadvantages of this club was that unfortunately she couldn't participate in the duels competition so she intended to take full advantage of what she could, including these type of events.
"Hey everyone!" she said loudly enough for everyone to hear, she hoped she didn't come off as awkward the last thing she needed was a bad reputation amongst the older students. She knew from experience that a bad reputation was like gossips, they spreaded faster than fire.

Maya gave a nod in greeting to both teens, offering up half a smile to the SDA club leaders. "Nice to meet you both, it's our pleasure," Maya spoke up for James and then followed their hosts inside. Maya attended Hogwarts Scotland but she somewhat remembered coming to Hogwarts New Zealand during a tournament many years ago. Was it a tournament? She not so sure as it's been a long time, though, the castle still looked the same. Ancient, yet still standing strong. Just like the one in Scotland, they truly were sisters castle. "I'm good," Maya decline the offer for a drink or eat. She's already had her bitter cup of coffee for the day and filled up on a protein salad before her visit. "Thank you," Maya smiles at the blue-haired Gryffindor. Maya waited as the students were arriving to meet them. It's the first time she's ever done anything like this, so she's not sure what to expect. Yet, she stood around confidence that this day will go smoothly in their favor.

Willow was glad when people started to arrive starting with a young Gryffindor "you are the first but not by long Lysander is also just arriving" she said as she saw the Gryffindor beater also enter the room followed by another Gryffindor. she was glad that her house was really putting in the effort to show up. but then this was a good event for the brave Gryffindors. she wondered what house the Aurors had been in themselves. she knew geo had joined the Auror department. and she had been a Hufflepuff. but she had a feeling that it was the kind of job that would attract lions.
soon the room started to fill with people from all houses who began talking among themselves. she was glad. as it meant that she didn't have to entertain them. she turned to her guests and smiled. "We will just give it a couple more minutes.and professor Le Fey told me to make sure to let you know she did the baking" she said passing on the message not quite sure why it was so important that they knew. It was then that a voice behind her caught her attention. "Hey Daintree. I am glad that you are. i am looking forward to it too. It wont be long until we begin" she said. hoping that it would go as smoothly as she was planning. she turned back to the group of people sitting.
"Okay everyone Welcome to the SDA ask an Auror event. Let m introduce you to Aurors Maya Deniro and James Cade. they have kindly agreed to come and speak to us today and to answer any questions that you have on what it is like to be an Auror. she said pausing to let any applause or comments settle before continuing " for those of you knew to the term, Aurors are the most elite of crime-fighting witches and wizards. they are somewhere between the muggle police, secret service and military. today is the chance for learn about what they do and to answer any questions you have about their job. please raise you hand if you have a question and wait to be asked. as we all want to hear what they have to say" she said. thinking it a good idea to introduce the guests and their title to anyone who was not familiar with the name. "So lets have a round of applause for Aurors DeNiro and cade" she said taking a step back

OOCOut of Character:
obviously RP raising your hand and asking the question in the same post. and to make it easier for those reading please make the question clear in the text (such as bolded or a different colour) so that it doesnt get missed. thank you

Jenna came around to this 'Ask An Auror' event that was hosting aurors from the Ministry of New Zealand. Willow and Analei took it upon themselves to put this thing together, and Jenna had very little interest in the event unless they were going to duel or something to that effect. If answering questions was all they had to offer today, Jenna would most likely bail and call it a day. The latina sat down next to a fellow snake, crossing one leg over the other. Jenna inspected her fingernails while she waited to be 'amazed' by their guest speakers.

Sydney had had her doubts about this whole event when she'd heard about it. While it seemed likely that Aurors probably knew all sorts of interesting magic, Sydney wasn't sure she trusted any ministry watchdogs to use it responsibly, or trust them to not come to their event and feed them some law abiding propaganda. Still, Sydney couldn't miss the opportunity to at least observe, and if the opportunity arose, put the aurors in a tough spot. She took a seat just as the event began, clapping weakly before the aurors took the stage to begin.

Analei was excited for this event. She couldn't wait to get to know the Aurors, and she hoped that they would be impressed with her, so that they could put in a good word for when she went for the job. After getting the Aurors comfortable and ready, Analei helped welcome the students that entered, starting to feel nervous as well. She wanted the event to go smoothly. Finally, they got started and Willow introduced the Aurors and what the event was about. Analei clapped loudly for the Aurors, a grin on her face.
"I'll start us off. What made you decide to become an Auror?" Analei asked them. She knew that people often didn't like to start off with questions in these sort of things, and she was more than happy to ask them everything on her mind; she had a lot.

Vi made an effort to participate more in club related stuff. More like club related stuff when it comes to the SDA club specifically, Hogwarts Monthly already had all her attention. Not as much attention as she wanted as she was trying so hard to do better this semester. Today the SDA club leaders invited aurors for a special event. If there was a time to take a break from her assignments and writing articles, it was now. Vi took a seat upon entering the great hall very close to the front to get a good listening advantage. The Slytherin pulled out a notebook and something to write with from her bag, maybe she can combine this with Hogwarts Monthly after all. They might want an article for the issue, so here she was killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

It felt strange to be back in the school he had attended, but there was no way James would have passed up the invitation to talk to members of the SDA about his career as an auror. He was over half a year out of training so felt like he a decent enough experience under his belt to give people a reasonable account of what it was like to be an auror even though he had just missed being apart of arguably the most important event of the wizarding world calendar, the election. James was surprised that it was just he and Maya that ended up at the school, he had been hoping Geo would be one of the aurors invited so the two of them could revisit their old stomping ground together but it wasn't to be.

Arriving at the Great hall James introduced himself to the members of the SDA already there, particularly the leaders of the group he hadn't previously been introduced to. "Good to see you in person Willow, I hear you're quite the seeker," James beamed at the girl, not mentioning it was the position he had held while a member of the same team. James scanned the room to see who had arrived, he was sure Christian was a member of the group but couldn't see that his cousin had arrived yet. It was one of the co-leaders that kicked things off with a question, it was a good one too so James decided he'd jump in and answer. "I'm not sure I did decide to be one, for as long as I can remember it was what I wanted to do, though for a short period after graduating I gave serious consideration to having a long professional Quidditch career, but ultimately I knew this was what I wanted,"

He wasn't the first one to arrive for very long, but Flynn didn't mind, just so long as he was here. Though soon he did hear a familiar voice, turning his head and frowning as the Slytherin from the lake decided to sit down right next to him. "Hey chicken girl," he responded just as casually, a grin on his lips as he said the words. And then Ajax arrived and Flynn made extra sure to wave back at him, "Hey Ajax!" Though the meeting was properly beginning now and Flynn eagerly turned to the front, eyes wide as he listened to the aurors. But now came his own questions, sticking his hand up in the air (which was a rare move for him), anxiously waving it to get attention, "Me next. Me me." He let out a deep breath lowering his hand again as he just barrelled right into his question, ""What is like... the most dangerous thing you've done on the job?"

@Liusaidh Fergusson , @Ajaccio Skey

Last edited:
Though Skylar technically wasn't part of the official SDA club since she was a first year, after seeing the flyers that had been put up around the school, she knew she couldn't miss this event. Walking in, she saw that people were already seated and an Auror already looked to be answering a question, so she instead quietly walked in, taking a seat near the side so as to not disrupt everyone by trying to get to the middle, and listened to what the Aurors and others were saying. From what she gathered, the question that the Auror was replying to was something like why they'd decided to choose that job in the first place, and though the answer was kind of vague, Skylar supposed it was better than nothing. As the Auror finished, Skylar contemplated raising her hand to speak and ask her own question, but was beaten to it by a boy from her year and house, who asked a pretty cool question anyway, so Skylar decided to wait until a few more turns before asking a question of her own.

Elio had managed to quietly slip into the SDA event just before the Auror's got up on stage, although uncharacteristically for the Gryffindor he was stood at the back of the room, by himself, just watching to see what it was like. He'd never met any real Aurors before, and had no intention of being one himself either, but it also interested him to see how those that had graduated from the school managed when it came to professions. He'd been nervous to leave Rowan for something that he didn't need to attend, but after bringing it up for the third time in two days, Rowan had ultimately sent him down to the Great Hall and see what it was all about. The prefect stood quietly listening, arms folded over his chest as the man woman did their best to answer the other students questions, throwing his own around in his head. When he found an opening, his raised his hand, "What do you find to be the most rewarding parts of your job?" he asked, genuinely curious to know whether it was the way they could help others, or because of its link to magic. Then again, maybe it was neither.
God mod approved

Ah, Maya could facepalm right now if she didn't have so many eyes on her. She totally forgot her cousin was a professor here...Maya is going to blame motherhood for this...A bitter cup of coffee is not the answer to remembering things...Maybe purchasing herself a remembrall would come in handy if she decides to get one. "My cousin did? Well, in that case, don't mind if I do...," Maya indulges in a little bit of sweet. It was perfect timing as the students started to bombard them with questions. James took the lead, Maya followed after, "I think it was when I lost a friend during my school year that I decided to become an auror after graduating from Hogwarts. Not this school, Scotland. He was killed by a gang of wizards, it was really horrible. So, I decided to become an auror to fight crime in sort of his honor," that wasn't the greatest start but it was the truth. Maya wanted to be openly honest with these kids, it's not fun and games when one decides to become an auror. And then there was that whole part of her muggle dad being a convicted felon. They didn't need to know that. "You," Maya points to the eager first year, she listens almost instantly regret picking him. "Being a auror is a dangerous job enough...Hmm, I was once on a rescue mission going through a house of horror type of scenario. A mad witch who adopts children and basically experimented on them from what I can remember. It was terrible stuff. Wouldn't wish it on anyone to see what I saw back there," she shutters in place, just thinking about it made her skin crawl. Sure she can remember horrible things, but not remember her cousin worked here. Her head was a messy place sometimes. Can you honestly blame her? Maya picked another, a teen wearing glasses. Maya smiles, "Knowing that I am, that we are trying to make New Zealand into a better place. We aren't perfect, but we try to be as close as possible. Your safety and knowing that you trust us to keep you safe makes it rewarding."

James was impressed listening to Maya's story about the most dangerous thing she's ever done on the job, he didn't have such a story so he decided not to answer the question, "Yeah I can't top that so I'll just move onto another question," James said turning his attention the the Gryffindor boy who asked what was the most rewarding part of his job and he couldn't help but smile. "Well theres all the obvious bits, I like helping people, making the community safer, putting bad guys away and all that but the best bit is the relationship I forged with my partner, she became my best friend on and off the job and frankly she makes the bad days bearable and the good days great, I don't think I could do the job with out her, or even if I'd want to,"

Listening to the Auror's talk and answer questions, Skylar was fascinated with their stories and answers. Their job seemed so cool, yet kind of scary at the same time. Wondering if she'd ever have the guts to become an Auror, she decided to ask a question that could narrow down her decision a bit. Once she was called upon she asked, "What subjects do you recommend we take, or which ones do we at least need to be good at?" she asked this because she thought that if the Auror's answer was something that she was already pretty bad at, she needn't bother with the hope of ever becoming an Auror, and rather focus her energy on learning and bettering herself in something that would actually contribute to a successful career for her, like Care of Magical Creatures or something to do with Charms.

Selene was not a member of SDA. however she had seen the poster for the event and had managed to find analei and ask if she could atttend the event as her aunt was one of the speakers. she entered the room and saw a group of people were there. She had only heard little bits about her aunts job. and aunt Lilith was also an Auror in France but she didn't hear much about that either. she sat and listened to the introductions and then to each of the questions. Aunt Maya was her favourite aunt even if she wasnt technically her aunt. but listening to them talk convinced her of one thing. she did not want to be an Auror. she tried to think about a question "is there anything that we can do as students or as normal people to protect ourselves and the community" she asked hoping that it was not a weird question it was a lot less personal than the others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back