🌕 Halloween Werewolf 🐺

Oh yes okay I know what you mean now

m just saying, only 3 people voted for Dan, but he was lynched.. so maybe that indicated in that voting group is someone we can trust.

I noticed this as well, I wasn't sure whether to mention it or not, but since it was mentioned. The people who voted for Dan are:

Poppy Perkins
Amber Chou Wilson
Ruben Right.

I was happy to stay vague because it's still so early but here we are

This is kind of information I would have kept until it was more relevant

Mooving on, I'm pondering a vote and wondering whether it benefits us more to try and pick someone to lynch based on current posting/voting, or take a second look at who still hasn't posted, which I believe is just
Teigs/Zennon
Anna/Samual
Lauren/Lily

(correct me if I'm wrong and missed someone's post though)

I hesitate to vote for someone completely inactive (or only picking a suspect based on that short list) because based on post activity these last two day cycles, I'm starting to wonder if all of the special roles are being used.

That's why I still find people who are occasionally contributing to the conversation but not giving much information a bit suspicious (and why I was looking for reasons in votes during the last round, even if it was as simple as someone saying they chose randomly). Last game, I remember a couple of wolves making shorter posts so that they were somewhat active but they weren't contributing substantially (I know that's subjective)

I also realize there's likely an active wolf who could be trying to guide the conversation, but nothing's really ringing alarm bells for me on that front at the moment

That's why I still find people who are occasionally contributing to the conversation but not giving much information a bit suspicious (and why I was looking for reasons in votes during the last round, even if it was as simple as someone saying they chose randomly).
Yeah I am leaning more towards this line of thinking, especially since we've made it clear that we'll be looking closer at quieter/inactive players as suspicious or, to put it a bit harsher, useless to the team.

I'm starting to wonder if all of the special roles are being used.
I am curious if you could elaborate why you think some of the specials aren't? There's not really any that super benefit being loud and obvious about their role yet, and it's not super easy to tell since a lot of special things happen in the night phase.

I wasn't sure how explicit I should be, but there's been a distinct lack of gifs xD

(There could also be other reasons for that)

I'm stuck trying to like, bring up the pros and cons of certain things without giving too much information to the wolves
But yeah, I noticed this too. I don't think its a big deal to bring up, given how its kind of a comic ability and not totally useful

I'm stuck trying to like, bring up the pros and cons of certain things without giving too much information to the wolves
It's a struggle cause don't want to help the wolves but you also don't wanna hinder the village either x_x

Yeah, I guess my thought was the person with that role is likely inactive? It's not very useful so lynching them doesn't do that much damage but at the same time, it leaves more village slots for wolves to hide behind later down the line

@Ainsley Lynch quick question. If you have been spell cast can you quote someone so people know what your gif is referring to or can you only put a gif and hope that people understand.

@Ainsley Lynch quick question. If you have been spell cast can you quote someone so people know what your gif is referring to or can you only put a gif and hope that people understand.
I think quoting posts is fine, it's enough in line with the spirit of the curse that I'm fine with it.

I don't think I have any useful things to add to the current werewolf puzzle, but I have been thinking about coming up with a system to help Kiersten, as the ghost, communicate most effectively.

I agree with Soho, that "X" would be for when she doesn't learn anything about the wolves and "V" could be for when if she finds out someone is a villager. It isn't that important to differentiate since with only one letter there's no way to identify specific people as villager or wolf.

As for identifying wolves ( and all of this is assuming she's working in favor of the village) I think sticking with the first letter of the persons IC character name would be a good and obvious rule to stick with. I was trying to figure out if going with something more specific like, second letter of their last name would help. But....second letters tend to be vowels and there are only so many of those so it didn't really help. BUT if anyone has any better ideas feel free to add.

This early on I tend to agree with voting for inactive people, but I'll wait until tonight so the few inactive ones have some more time to respond to the thread.

I also think discussions on voting numbers like with Dan should be kept quiet as much as possible... like pay attention without drawing attention to it. I worry about putting a target on someone's back like Kris said.

EDIT: On a side note it was Jesse and Soho drawing attention to it in a way I find unwise. Especially odd then for Jesse to call Soho out after starting asking questions in the first place and practically forcing Kris to spell it out.

I do like the idea of trying to give Kiersten a system to work with, though there is still the ever so slight chance she's not working for the village so we need to be careful how much stock we can put in her insight. I think an X, V, W system works well too, perhaps (assuming it's allowed, @Ainsley Lynch?) she can quote whomever she's referring to.

As for identifying wolves ( and all of this is assuming she's working in favor of the village) I think sticking with the first letter of the persons IC character name would be a good and obvious rule to stick with. I was trying to figure out if going with something more specific like, second letter of their last name would help. But....second letters tend to be vowels and there are only so many of those so it didn't really help. BUT if anyone has any better ideas feel free to add.
@Ainsley Lynch can the ghost use numbers to communicate or is it exclusively letters? We could go off the order people signed up for the game, if Kiersten can use numbers. I guess we could also go alphabetically (eg. A is the first person to sign up, B is second, so on).

I do like the idea of trying to give Kiersten a system to work with, though there is still the ever so slight chance she's not working for the village so we need to be careful how much stock we can put in her insight
This is a fair point, just something to keep in mind.

The ghost can use letters or numerals, as long as they only post one character per day. Unlike the spellcaster's curse though, I think quoting posts is too far outside the spirit (womp) of the ghost role, so I would say that's not allowed for the ghost.

To expand on why I'd draw a distinction between the Ghost and whoever's been cursed... the Spellcaster is a role I took directly from the card game, who removes their victim's ability to speak out loud for a day cycle. They can still communicate by gesturing though, which would include things like pointing to other players and nodding in agreement, so quoting posts to respond to feels within the spirit of that.

The Ghost was also originally pulled from the card game, but I've modified it from the last time I ran Werewolf, where the Ghost didn't have any extra information at all. In the card game the Ghost writes one letter per day on a piece of paper, and has no additional information. As our games go on for a long time though, I wanted to make the role more fun and active as a consolation prize for dying first, so I introduced the random information. A ghost is still a dead player though, and were this a physical game, they wouldn't be using body language to react/communicate, which is why I would rule against quoting posts to react to them.

I hope this makes sense! There's an internal logic I'm working from here but it's hard to communicate haha

Can the ghost adjust the font styling? @Ainsley Lynch

Then Kiersten could use first initial + user group color to indicate who she is referring to. Strikethrough for wolf, normal for villager. And then maybe use extra styling (bold/italics/underlining) or font sizes for how much info she's received.

Can the ghost adjust the font styling? @Ainsley Lynch

Then Kiersten could use first initial + user group color to indicate who she is referring to. Strikethrough for wolf, normal for villager. And then maybe use extra styling (bold/italics/underlining) or font sizes for how much info she's received.
Font styling is absolutely fine, as it feels in the spirit of the role to me.

I do like the idea of trying to give Kiersten a system to work with, though there is still the ever so slight chance she's not working for the village so we need to be careful how much stock we can put in her insight.

Of course. We can't know for sure if the ghost is one our side so what ever information Kiersten gives us shouldn't be our ONLY evidence to go on.

Font stylings good idea! Didn't even think of that.

So first letter and user group color to identify the person, sounds great. And it might be worth taking the time to go through the player list and checking if their are duplicates of letter color combos.

From what I can see the doubles are L and S and their usergroups are all different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back