Open Y44 End of Year Feast

Seamus glanced at Gwen and frowned a little at the question. He shook his head. "No, I'm sad to not be graduating," he replied with a little exaggrated expression. He didn't know if Celia had been telling people and wasn't the sort to tell others who weren't his brother about the date he'd been on with her. "Are you sad to leave school for the break?" he returned the question to her, though his tone didn't indicate that he was that interested in her reply.
@Gwen Goodwin

Valeria smiled at her dormmate, she would miss sleeping in a room with the other girls. It was always fun to her, and having people to always talk to. "I'm going to art school in Auckland," she said. "It's a muggle school, but that'll be good," Valeria told her with pride in her tone. "What about you?" she was very curious as to what Crystal would do.
@Crystal Holmgaard

Teddy listened to the boys plans while filling his plate with all sorts delicious food. "That sounds fun and it'll be summer up there!" Teddy shook his head "I've never been snowboarding before but I've wanted to go for ages," he admitted, his voice tinged with excitement. "Have you done it?" He asked, hoping for some tips if he had snowboarded.

@Fraser Fergusson

Gregory glanced at Ezra and gave the boy a tight smile while nodding. "Yeah," he said a little lamely. He knew that Ezra was being nice, or trying to be and he wasn't being very nice back to him if he didn't continue the conversation somewhat. "How are you?" he said, hating that he sounded a little stilted. "Sorry, I'm just nervous," he apologised, hoping that would keep him on Ezra's good side.
@Ezra Ito

The blonde listened as Valeria spoke and explained what she was gonna do. It reminded her how less she knew of some of her classmates. Crystal had not been too active in that, unfortunally. But the thing Valeria went to do was not something she figured many people did. So perhaps she didn't judged her. Crystal smiled and replied back. '' That seems interesting. What do you hope to accomplish after that?'' She than asked further. She would never study again, that was one thing she knew. At least not like in an school, the stuff she wanted was way different. The question back was not an suprise. And Crystal spoke an bit softer but didn't lied this time. '' I'm hoping to study dragons.'' She explained and looked at the plate in front of her. Wondering what she would think of it.

@Valeria Iglesias

Callie shook her head at Marley's question. "Probably just spend time with my parents," she said, she was sure, her parents would have plenty for her to do, plenty they wanted to catch up with and various other things that would make her time at home really fly by. "You?" she asked her friend, curious as to what the other girl would do with her break.
@Marley Pattinson

Valeria gave a little frown at the question and then giggled lightly. "To be an artist," she said. "I'm not entirely sure what type specifically, but I want to be an artist," she said. It was surprising to Val that Crystal wanted to work with dragons, but she could admit she did not know Crystal as much as she knew the other girls of the dorm. "Yeah? Will you stay in New Zealand for that?" she asked, curious as to where a person might do such a thing.
@Crystal Holmgaard

Fraser gave a little laugh. "Summer is a bit of a strong word," he replied but he knew what this boy meant by it. "Oh no, but I've seen muggles do it," he said with a smile. "It must be like flying, right?" he then added. "If you stand on a broom that is, not like sitting." Fraser replied. It was pretty clear that though he knew what snowboarding was and had seen it be done, he didn't know anything else about it.
@Teddy Pirrip

Vanity turned her head as another girl spoke up, she also seemed older. Maybe she was in June's year? She talked to her like they knew each other, but what she said didn't sound entirely nice. Vanity tilted her head a little. "Are you two friends?" She asked. The girl introduced herself as Tempest, and Vanity smiled. "I'm Vanity." She said, immediately liking this girl more for also disagreeing with the mere idea of taking every elective. June said she was able to combine it all, but Vanity was pretty sure anyone who did all classes would do nothing but study all day. She shrugged when the girl said some activities were childish, guessing she meant club activities. June answered Tempest's question with a very mysterious answer, and Vanity furrowed her brow trying to figure out what she meant.

@June Davenport @Tempest Vero

Isadora smiled as she listened to Aurora's answer. She nodded when she heard the girl didn't have a lot of plans, though it stood out to her that she mentioned hanging out with Soren specifically. It piqued her curiosity, and Isadora couldn't help the question that came out of her mouth. "Are you and Soren dating?" She asked, wondering if that was why she mentioned him specifically. "I'm not doing anything special either. Probably going to try to be out of the house as much as I can, hang out with Margo and Cameron."

@Aurora Archer

Tempest glanced back at June as she responded. She did agree that Astraea was horrible, and if June hadn't also been there, Tempest was pretty sure she would have rather lived in an empty classroom. Gemma was at least tolerable, but Tempest didn't know her that well and wasn't sure if she cared to. June made some conceited statement in response to Tempest's last question and tried not to roll her eyes. She wasn't sure why June thought she was better than her, but Tempest also thought she was better than most people. Maybe it was a general Slytherin trait. "If people already know then you shouldn't have to spend so much time studying," she added, taking a bite of her food.

Vanity's question to them was valid, but Tempest interjected before June could respond. "Of course. June's like my closest friend here," she added in a suddenly perky tone. She wouldn't say best friend because Tempest wasn't exactly sure what a best friend was, but June was the person she shared the most with, even if it wasn't the most vulnerable information. She looked at June, giving a little smile before looking back at her food. She really hated this salad. @June Davenport @Vanity Mettlestone

It was getting interesting at the Slytherin table. It was never dull for sure. And June actually enjoyed it so far. It was entertaining in a way. For them to question her actions. That said a lot about themselves. Vanity seemed to keep her mouth shut now about it, so June was glad with that. It was in a way entertaining, but also annoying, people who didn't understood the important things in life. As she asked if they were friends, June was glad Tempest was quicker. June could tell that nobody was, but ofcourse she didn't. And she nodded and gave an smile to Tempest and Vanity. '' That's right. Tempest is someone who is actually interesting and fun, than most of the people here. '' She would give compliments, because it was still very usefull having Tempest at her side. And not annoying usually. June than stated. And now she knew the name of the girl again, Vanity. As Tempest replied she smirked. And tried to watch her face. '' That's not how it works. When you are on top, it's about staying there. So you rub it again in someones face, that's better.'' June said joking and not too loud that the whole table could enjoy it, but she actually wasn't joking. She also knew this was the mentality and and kind of dumb thing to say from Tempest. And that was why June knew she was better than everyone. She knew what to do and what she had to do. She had to hold in an actual laugh. And than figured she liked speaking about herself, and how great she was. Usually you could see the conversation went about June, many times. But now she would move on. '' But enough about me. What about your plans for the break Tempest?''

@Tempest Vero @Vanity Mettlestone

Gwen was happily surprised not to be dismissed outright, though Seamus was understandably wary. She looked at him and blinked in surprise. "Really? Why the rush?" She asked, genuinely wondering. "I'm glad I didn't need to deal with the NEWTs yet this year." She told him with a small shrug. Gwen shook her head at his return question. "Not at all, I'm glad for the break... it'll be nice to get away from things here for a bit."

@Seamus Reid

Ezra wondered why it was that Gregory never looked very happy, even when he smiled. He knew better than to ask that outright but wondered if he could help him in some way. He was glad Gregory responded to him and asked him a question in return, that seemed promising. "I'm good, how are you?" He asked with an easy smile. "I'm ready for weeks without homework. And next year my little sister is coming to Hogwarts. I'm excited." He said happily. He hesitated. "Why are you nervous?" He then asked more gently.

@Gregory Friend

Vanity raised her eyebrows a bit when Tempest told her June was one of her closest friends, kind of a weird way to talk to your friends, but what did Vanity know? She wasn't overflowing with them herself. And at least for now, these cool older girls were giving her some attention. That could be good. Vanity turned her attention to June as she spoke again. She really sounded like someone who thought she was very important. Vanity shrugged, picking up her fork and playing with it. "I mean that only really works if the other person also cares about it." She told the older girl. "Like, you can tell me you got more points than me... but I don't care that much about points, so you can't really rub it in my face." She paused. "And you're not on top because I didn't hear your name said just now." She added, gesturing to the headmaster with her fork. She didn't know if June would take that well, but she was just telling the truth.

@June Davenport @Tempest Vero

Mercury looked around the room and then back at her food. She'd barely paid attention to what the headmaster had said. She was too distracted by the fact that her mums had only given her a few weeks notice that they were moving back to London. She barely remembered the city, but both her mums and Arlo had gotten new jobs, and they were moving into one of her mum's family's home. Even though Mercury had been struggling to make friends, she was enjoying her classes, and moving meant having to actually start over when, something the Ravenclaw was dreading. She leaned on her hand and looked at the tables in front of her trying to see if there was anything that she actually cared about or if she was just afraid of something new.

Marnie had made sure to seat herself across from Penny at the feast. Sure it made it a little harder to hear her but it meant she had a perfect eye line to the Ravenclaw table which doubly meant she could spot the second Emmanuel looked at Pen.

She clapped politely as the professor went through the end of year stuff, barely acknowledging yet another win for Slytherin, though she did cheer loudly when she heard Aine's name. Lennox, Yuelia, Wish, and the other Slytherins really must be working hard. Finally though, the feast proper had started and Marnie immediately learnt over the table to get closer to Penny, nearly dipping her sleeve in mashed potatoes and not caring. "Are you kidding it's totally a date! He's inviting you to the same place as our last uh.. outing. That's totally a sign! He's definitely smitten with you, trust me I just have a sense for these sorts of things since I got a boyfriend this year," she said sagely, sparing a moment to look around for Emrys before continuing. She'd found herself kind of cooling on him as the year ended, the shine wearing off, but it didn't mean she didn't know that Penny and Emmanuel were totally in love with each other. "Oh Merlin you'll have to tell me everything over the holidays okay we should have a sleep over before you go OH we should have one after too even maybe I should just stay at your place this holidays oh wait no but I have to work you have to come by Scrivenshafts after okay!" Marnie said excitedly. @Penelope Marshall

It wasn't as though Audrey really wanted just to study, but it was something to do to keep her mind occupied. "My cousin just graduated from Ilvermorny, so I'm hoping he'll come and visit," she added, as though that would somehow make her sound mildly more interesting. She hoped she'd get to see Dion, at least he was fun. Interested in things that weren't just Quidditch. Oz was going to visit his grandparents and probably do cutesy arts and crafts and all that, not that she would have had much to say to him (or him to her). "You could always tell them you know how to curse them if they don't take you hiking," she joked, though Audrey knew Lucy was too nice for that and probably had perfectly good parents. "I hope you get to go, though." Audrey half wondered if she should consider inviting people to hang out, but thought the better of it. She really didn't want anybody to meet her dad.

@Lucy Montague

Cameron stared idly at the Slytherin green spread out around the hall, aware of how smug their head of house and some of his housemates no doubt were feeling, he thought, glancing around for Celia or Gwen to confirm the feeling. He rolled his eyes as Professor ward started and he heard Aine and Monday were top points earners (though maybe more fondly for Aine than he might have once done). What a surprise, the try-hards, he thought, shifting so his robes better obscured his prefects badge for the moment.

He itched for his camera as the feast proper started, always happier to have it on him for big school events like this so he didn't have to talk to anyone. He really needed more friends in his house that weren't just Ngawaiata. It'd be a lot better than trying make friends with his dinner. At least Isadora was back and he'd see her and Margo on the train home...

"So, we gonna see you back next year or are you fleeing into the streets the second the train arrives?" He asked Brevity vaguely, picking her out as the most familiar face nearby. If he was gonna try this making friends thing, she was a safer target than most; if he messed it up she might just up and transfer out any second anyway. @Brevity Boone

"Oh, that's cool! Congrats to him! Do you have many cousins?" Lucy asked with interest. "I just have the one. I'm hoping she'll go here too when she's old enough." Lucy was looking forward to seeing her cousin at school. Lucy laughed at the idea of saying she knew curses. "Hmm, threatening parents. I wonder if that'll go down well," she joked back, a smile on her face. She didn't know how they'd react to that but she was a little curious. "And thanks," Lucy said to Audrey's well-wishes, her smile not fading.

Raafe followed Anisha's eye line up to the Slytherin banners, mentally agreeing with her line of thinking. "It's not like they could take points if the year's already over," he offered to her quietly, though it was probably for the best that conversation moved on before they could really encourage whatever clever destruction he was sure Anisha was cooking up.

"Five years," Raafe mused, counting on his fingers thoughtfully. "Sure, Gryffindor could do it... Assuming we're not the ones who cursed it," he said gravely. @Anisha Khatri @Conan Elliott

Tempest was pleased to hear June say what could be perceived as nice things about her, but she was also wary to take it to heart. She believed there was a mutual understanding between her and her friend, and she preferred keeping it that way. But as she was about to come up with some lie about the break, Vanity piped up, and Tempest bit her lip to keep her from laughing. The younger girl wasn't wrong, and Tempest understood why a second year couldn't feasibly be a top points earner, but it didn't stop her from thinking the dig at June was hilarious. "I think that it's not even like, the actual top points earners, anyway, so it's not really that important. Because they only choose one from each house so, you know, maybe June is up there. I guess we won't really know unless she beats everyone in our house." Tempest looked at her friend before pushing her food away. "Anyway, I don't know what I'm doing for break yet because my parents like to surprise us with a trip every year. So, I'll have to let you know when we get back," she added, never having shared her actual new family situation with anyone. @June Davenport @Vanity Mettlestone

Aurora nodded. "Yeah we are," she said, and there was a warmth in her tone, and a slight pride too. She glanced towards him before looking back at Isadora. "That's cool," she said, she didn't know Margo or Cameron well, but had to imagine they were alright, given that they were friends with Isadora. "Maybe if you get a job, it'll keep you out the house more?"
@Isadora Novak

Seamus frowned, thinking that it was dumb that people in his year, who were about to be in their last didn't want to get out of the school. "We've been at the school six years, hardly call wanting to leave after six years of this place rushing," he replied. He also was happy to not deal with NEWTs yet, but they would still have to deal with it. "Yeah it will be," he agreed with her. Looking forward to getting out of there and doing something else for the break.
@Gwen Goodwin

Brevity had fully expected to not have to speak to anyone until she got across to Maisie, but the boy from her year group started speaking. "We'll see," she replied, since it fully depended on what her girlfriend's plan was. "I might just come back so I can spend time with my girlfriend," she added. "You?"
@Cameron Roswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back