Open Y37 Club Fair

After hearing about his brother’s time at Hogwarts, and all the clubs he had been in, Knox returned to school with a new motivation to join a few clubs himself. Knowing Archie had so many fun and happy memories of being in the wild patch and in the brotherhood, made Knox want to see what it was all about, and actually participate around the school and make some new friends in the process. Knox had realised that Hogwarts had much, much more to offer than he ever thought it did, and he wanted to make the most of his time at Hogwarts while he still could. Smiling, Knox looked around as he arrived to the club fair, soon spotting a table with a banner for the brotherhood of magic. Knox approached the table, noticing the club must have been popular as a few students where already there to sign up. Picking up a piece of candy from a nearby bowl, Knox waited until the other students spoke before he spoke up himself. “I’d like to join too, please.” Knox said, trying not to talk with his mouth full.​

Sydney scowled when Tyler joined her, piling various unnecessary things to clutter their table. She could appreciate that they didn't want people signing up uninformed about the club, but she also didn't want to encourage people joining for the wrong reasons. That's how you got idiots like Eric Holland duelling just so he could hit people every year. Taking the sign, Sydney dropped it unceremoniously in front of their table, non-plussed if it sagged a little. "You'll be too busy arranging photos of yourself to do anything useful then I take it," She said sweetly, moving the sign-up sheets pointedly. @Tyler Lee

Nicole was sure Cyzarine had things under control, but she wanted to stop by the fair and make sure everything was going okay. She'd also brought her personalized Heta mug, with her name and everything listed on it. Just in case she got thirsty. Cyzarine seemed to have things under control and Nicole hovered by the table for a bit before stepping up. "Looks like it's going well," She said brightly. "I'm here to help if you need it though." It seemed smart that the secretary could help organize the list of new members and everything anyway, and Nicole was happy to help. @Cyzarine Haden

Noah arrived at the courtyard, there was an announcement in the bulletin board announcing some sort of club fair. His sister never talked to him about that but again, she didn't seem the type to join a club.
He wandered around the open space learning about all the clubs in there and then saw his friend Zay about to sign up at one. He approached and listened to what the president of the brotherhood had to say about the club "Let me sign up too" he said seeing that his friend was also signing up.
@Abian Hunter

Beckett went to the courtyard with a goal, he was a man on a mission. He needed to add some extra curriculars to his schedule and just the SDA wasn't enough so he went to the courtyard to sign up for a club that he had considered to be the best option for him, the Hogwarts Monthly. He arrived at the both and smilled at the girl who was there, reading some articles she had brought. "Where can I sign up?" he said to the girl already decided to write his name in the sheet.
Once he had signed up he saw one article that caught his attention, not because it was exceptionally good but because of the person who wrote it. Emmaline Hopkins-Vance. This meant that she was in that club too. This was going to be an interesting year.

@Nell Wright

Last edited:
Weston was more than ready to join all the clubs. Okay, maybe not all of them. He didn't really like writing or the outdoors, and the idea of dueling was kind of scary. But he knew he definitely wanted to join the Brotherhood and the Conglomerated Arts Club. If he could, he'd also sign up for Heta Omega, if only to double his pool of potential friends. But he knew that space wasn't really meant for him, and besides, the "Brotherhood of Magic" sounded way cooler and more mysterious than "Heta Omega," whatever that meant.

It seemed that the Arts Club didn't have a dedicated space at the clubs fair, which was kind of disappointing. He'd have to ask Jordie about that as he assumed the other boy would know how to sign up. So instead, Weston made a beeline for the Brotherhood table, thrilled to see that Zay, Bran, and Noah were already there. "Hey guys!" he greeted. It would be so cool to be in a club with all of them. He could already tell that joining the Brotherhood would be a great idea. Weston turned to the older boy behind the table. "I want to sign up too!"

@Abian Hunter

Eoin did think it important to take an interest in the school clubs, but when he arrived to the fair and actually got to have a look at what was on offer he did slowly start to lose interest. There wasn't even a club based on animals, because that was something he would have joined without a second thought. A club just for boys sounded lame, he wasn't a girl so the he didn't care much for writing or plants and a club for duelling just didn't sound like him in the slightest. But he did see some other Ravenclaw boys hanging around the Brotherhood stand, so Eoin did quietly move towards them, shoving his hands in his pockets as he peered over Bran's shoulder. "You guys signing up for this?"

@Branson Archer, @Weston Stirling

Seeing all the hustle and bustle around the Heta and Brotherhood tables, Nell wondered more than ever what she was missing about those clubs. People obviously enjoyed them but even going into her sixth year as a member of Heta Omega she still didn't have the foggiest idea what the club was for. She was pulled from her thoughts by a boy approaching her table, greeting him with a bright smile. "Right here!" She said happily and handed the boy a signup form, pleased that the Monthly had found its first new recruit already. She smiled warmly, jostling the bowl of sweets Professor Kingsley had been kind enough to provide. "Take some lollies too if you like!"
@Beckett Harrington

Indi was very curious about what kind of clubs the school would offer. She walked around the hall, pausing to look at some of the booths. There seemed to be some kind of gardening club, which sounding interesting but she was never really into plants and she wasn't about to join a whole club about them. But the next booth caught her attention so she walked over to see what it was all about. "What does Student Defense Association even mean?" she asked the girl sitting behind the table as she read the sign and looked at some of the photos. She also noticed some fancy badges that seemed very interesting. @Sydney Townsend

Sydney grinned when a girl approached the booth and spoke to her first, making sure to jump and answer before Tyler could. "We're a club that focuses on learning and practicing types of defensive magic. I like to think of it as a bit more practical than your Defense Against the Dark Arts classes. We also host duelling tournaments to put those skills to the test each year," She added, nodding to the badges Tyler had placed on the table, begrudgingly admitting to herself that maybe those had been a good choice to bring. @Indira Khatri

Indi listened intently as the older girl spoke. "So basically you practice casting a bunch of spells at each other?" she asked, she sounded more unsure then she felt. She honestly loved the idea of practical magic and getting to use it outside of normal classes. And duels sounded most exciting out of all of it. "I think I'd like to sign up." she said, before spotting the sigh up lists in front of her and writing her name. @Sydney Townsend

Poppy felt a little overwhelmed as she entered the Club fair. It felt like yesterday she was a first year exploring all the different club options and now she was Assistant Editor for the newspaper. Hopefully she'd get to help a few new students join the paper as well. She found Nell quickly, and felt bad she had had to set up the table by herself. "Hi!" she said brightly and took in the nicely decorated table with last years issues displayed. "Welcome to the Monthly!" she said, noticing the boy signing up. "You're going to have so much fun!" @Nell Wright @Beckett Harrington

Sydney frowned at the girl's response, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. "It's about learning to apply the magic you learn in a practical scenario," She corrected, sliding the sign up sheet towards the girl dubiously. "First years aren't allowed to duel, but we do encourage you to come to events. We'll make sure you learn enough to have an edge come next year if you're so inclined," She added. @Indira Khatri

Indi shrugged off the girls correction, she was pretty sure she understood and didn't appreciated being talked down too. She wanted to argue that the rule against first years didn't seem very fair. But she bit her tongue and kept those opinions to herself. She didn't want to get off on the wrong foot quite yet. "I guess I'll just be extra prepared then." she said tightly before smiling and heading off to see what else there was. @Sydney Townsend

Adorah had been a member of Heta Omega since she first came to Hogwarts, and while she wasn't quite sure what their purpose was, she did enjoy having access to the room. They sometimes did fun things to, and she had enjoyed the big and little sister bonds she had endured, or at least most of them. However, she had been wanting to add another activity to her already hectic schedule - something else out of her comfort zone. She considered looking into the yearbook but thought it might be awkward or that Aisa might think she was stalking her, none of which were true, but Adorah's anxiety had her convinced otherwise. As she perused the tables, she noticed Nell manning the Hogwarts Monthly booth and considered for a moment. She had never been one to write publicly, but she did enjoy every copy of the paper. Plus, it would look good on her accomplishments, and it would give her something to research outside of her prefect and academic duties, hopefully. She walked up to the table right behind a younger boy she noticed and then gave Nell a wave. "I hope I'm not too old to be at the club fair," she said jokingly and jotted her name down on the paper. "Do you have any big plans for the paper for this year?" she asked the Ravenclaw as she moved out of the way in case any younger students continued to notice the table.

@Nell Wright

Nell gave Poppy a bright smile when the younger girl joined her, pleased to have an assistant on board for this year. Balancing the Monthly, her other clubs, a social life, and OWL studies last year hadn't been Nell's most successful venture, and she was glad that going forward she wouldn't be doing it all alone. She looked up when Adorah approached, greeting the younger girl with a cheerful smile. "Not at all!" She said brightly, pleased when Adorah signed up. "Hmmm, bits and pieces." Nell said cryptically. "I've got a few ideas, but mostly I just wanna keep the gears turning and make sure we have something to publish." She laughed softly.
@Adorah Zumwalt

"Yes, i wanna join Wild puch. I heard club is realy grate" Tessa told him and smiled and she needed only sing up. "Where, i can sign my name?" Hufflepuff girl smiled the boy.

@William Kaimarama

After a year of experience, Lily had a clearer idea of what she wanted to do and which clubs she wanted to join, she walked around the clubfair for a while and then went over to Heta Omega table to sign up for another year. She approached her previous big sister won't a smile and said " Hi Cyzarine. I'd like to sign up again. "

@Cyzarine Haden

Saira walked along the club fair, knowing which club she would join again that year. She wasn't so sure if they had to sign up again, so she decided to go ask and re-sign up if it was needed. "Hello, Do we need to sign up again for this year?" She asked the two head of the clubs who were manning the Wild Patch Club's booth.

@William Kaimarama @Elliot Briar

Cyzarine was a little concerned by the girl saying she was watching her figure, not sure she thought it was good for a young person to be concerned with losing weight, but perhaps it was just that she didn't want one and that was what she chose to say. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to just always be aware of. She smiled at Nicole, "Thanks for coming to help out," she said. She looked towards her little sister as she approached and just gave her a smile, "Oh girl, you don't need to sign up again, as far as we're concerned, once you've signed up one you're a heta omega girl for life," she giggled lightly, but then motioned to the cookies, "but do help yourself to a cookie!"

Cyzarine smiled at the next girl who came over to their stall. She nodded, "Go right ahead," she passed them the sign up sheet. This girl was older too but she'd never met her before, perhaps she was a little new.."I'm Cyzarine by the way, feel free to grab a cookie!" she told the girl. It was good to have new blood in the heta omega in terms of older and younger girls.
@Kiara Wood

Kiara nodded with head. "Oh, I'm Kiara! That's nice to meet you! Cookie? Thank you!" yes, of course, she didn't skip any chance to get a cookie so she took it. She didn't really want to join any another club so that was it.

Apparently shaking the bowl of candy wasn't necessary, as it only took seconds for a boy to appear at his booth. Abian grinned. "We do lots of stuff." He told the young boy, who he guessed was a first year. "We have meetings and they're always fun. Sometimes we play games, or have a party. It's all fun." He said with a shrug. "You can sign up here." He said, gesturing to the sheet. He then said the same thing to the next boy to show up. An older boy showed up to sign up as well, and Abian grinned at him. "Here." He said, giving him a signup sheet as well. He repeated it with the next two kids, who were again first years. Another boy asked two if they were signing up for this, and Abian tried to catch his eye. "You can sign up too?" He said hopefully.

@Isaiah Thompson @Branson Archer @Knox Ivers @Noah Mendes @Weston Stirling @Eoin Armati

Isaiah nodded as he listened to what the leader of the club had to say. It sounded pretty cool, just doing casual things, hanging out with the guys. He was for sure going to sign up. He nudged Noah with his shoulder when his friend joined in on wanting to sign up and did the same for Weston when he joined the crowd. "Yeah dudes!" Zay smiled, sliding the sign up sheet towards himself so he could sign his name. With handwriting as terrible as he own he tried his best to make his name readable. He wasn't sure whether they'd just need his first name or his last name as well, so the safest option was to just write it in full. Once he was done he slid the paper towards whoever was next. "Cool, can't wait for the first meeting." Isaiah excitedly smiled at the older boy, waiting for his friends to finish before he turned around to look if there was any other club that seemed interesting to him. @Abian Hunter

Tyler rolled his eyes as Sydney dropped the sign. Of course she couldn't even do that properly. "They're not photos of me." He snapped at her. "I'm trying to promote our club, and your presence isn't helping things so we have to balance it out somehow." He told her. A young girl asked what the club even meant, and it was such a dumb question that Tyler didn't even mind that Sydney jumped into answer it. He looked past her into the great hall, hoping for a glimpse of literally anyone who wasn't a eleven year old girl interested in the club.

@Sydney Townsend

Ivy hadn't signed up for any clubs last year, and now she had decided on one. She was going to join the SDA and become the duelling champion of the school in a few years. It was a way to show off her knowledge and magical ability without having to do so in classes. As she approached the SDA booth, she noticed the guy standing there seemed to look right over her head. She frowned, then looked at the girl. "I want to sign up." She said bluntly.

@Sydney Townsend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back