Open Y34 Club Fair

Alice was surprised when Ilija asked to help too, but she gave him a bright smile. "Oh, Ilija, are you in the Wild Patch Club too?" She asked him, she didn't remember him from last year. "Or are you joining?" She hoped so. It would be nice to have someone else she knew in the club. Soon two young girls came to join the club, and Alice looked carefully how Norton helped them. Though it also made her wonder if he really needed her help, he was doing a great job. Another girl asked if they grew any magical plants, and Alice wasn't sure how to answer that. She didn't know what Norton was planning for this year, so she wasn't sure what to say. But Ilija did, asking the girl a question. Alice gave him a small smile, resolving to be more helpful. So when a boy came up and asked for a crown, Alice grinned at him. "Hi! Of course!" She said, gesturing to the ones on offer. "Pick whichever one you like." The boy seemed to know Ilija, and Alice glanced at him. "I didn't know you worked there." She said curiously. But she supposed she didn't really know him that well. That would hopefully change.

@Ilija Olaf @Lysander Summers

Sophie frowned a bit as the girl said not many people would want to hear her words. She wasn't sure what she meant by that. "Well, sometimes writing is easier than speaking." Sophie said after a pause. "I'm sure you have interesting things to say." She didn't know why she said it, but she wanted the girl to know she wasn't just dismissing her. "But simply reading the issues is pretty helpful too. Makes us feel like we're actually doing it all for a reason."

She smiled as a very young girl walked up to her stand. While Sophie herself would never be called 'tall' by anyone, she still marveled at how small the first years were. She didn't know if the girl would actually be interested in the paper or if she was just curious, either would be fine with her. She nodded in response to her question. "Yes, a group of students work on the articles for the paper each semester. We write about things that happen around the school, like events." She said in her best helpful voice. "I'm the editor."

@Maggie Ryan Rosendale @Poppy Perkins

Freya listened intently to the older boy's explanation about the Wild Patch Club. "If there's future flower crowns, I want in." she nodded decisively. The bit about having their own garden area interested her especially. A replacement for the garden back home might help Freya shake off her lingering homesickness. Joining the club would give her an excuse to hang around the gardens, and she doubted she'd get in too much trouble if she decided not to sell her soul to a school club and bailed later.

@Norton Gillespie

Norton glanced at the new girl and boy that appeared in front of him and smiled easily. Pleased when Alice offered them both crowns. He nodded a little, "We don't grow any magical plants, but, there's no reason why we couldn't," Norton said as he looked at them, it seemed that . Alice and Ilija had a handle on that, so he focused his attention on the other people attempting to sign up. Norton looked towards the girl whom he'd given a long explanation about the club and smiled slightly at her, letting the smile grow when she said she was in for the flower crowns. "That's amazing! We'll have plenty more crowns in the future!" the boy said happily as he handed her a sign up sheet.

After signing up for the SDA, Nora waved good bye to Alistair to find another club to join. She passed by the Wild Patch Club, it was too flowery for her taste and then there's Heta Omega that has a sign that said they have cookies. The dark haired Slytherin girl glance at the girls running the club, they seem slim but was offering cookies anyways. She shrugged, cookies don't kill, she joked to herself.

Nora went on to the Heta Omega booth,
"Hi, what a lovely booth. I would like to join the fun,at least for this year." She told one of the girls. It was odd she was even joining some clubs but with NEWTs and everything, she would need some enjoyment for her last year. @Athena Rey-Martinez

As a member of both clubs, Alexis thought it would be nice to spend some time in both booths. Since she had been a member of Heta longer, she stepped in there first and waved hello to the group. "Hey!" Athena and Emilia were co-presidents this year and it was great to see new faces join them. "Heta Omega!", she had called out, shortly @Nora Seville-Maxwell approached them and said she would join. The Ravenclaw did not exactly know her but they were quite relatives by marriage, courtesy of Achim.

"Great!" Kauri beamed, handing a signup form to the boy who had asked about lego ((@Daniel Remdond )) "I hope we see you in meetings!" He was happy to see a couple of other younger boys signing up, giving them a bright smile and a wave before they headed off to other things. He smiled warmly when one of the older new boys ((@Elio Zephyr )) offered to help, shaking his head. "Oh no thanks, you should enjoy the fair." He said cheerfully. As it was finally starting to calm down Kauri looked over the list of names, pleased to see so many new members for the club.

Clifton looked the yearbook the boy had handed him over, impressed with the work. He had never really thought about how yearbooks got made before, but it seemed like a lot of fun. Clifton liked taking photos, but he had never dedicated himself to it quite this much. Still, maybe signing up to the club would be a good way to really develop his skills. He looked up when the boy mentioned an application, wavering a bit. What if he was only asking for an application to laugh at people? But no, Clifton was brave this year. He wasn't going to chicken out because he was afraid. He was putting himself out there. Clifton nodded firmly, setting the yearbook he had been holding down. "Yes, please. I'd like to apply." He said firmly, trying to convince himself as much as the boy at the booth.

((@Vader Hume ))

Joshua was running late to the club fair, he had totally forgotten it was today. He had rush down the staircases as fast as he could with a messenger bag flung across his shoulder. Every time he lifted one of his knees, the bag would bounce on his kneecap. Joshua eventually made his way to the entrance hall only to find out the club fair was being held outside in the courtyard. Damn it. Joshua sprang back the other way and headed outside to the club fair. It was pretty crowded from where he stood observing the others briefly, which is always good if you want to recruit new members. Joshua pulled his messenger bag behind him and spotted Sophie chatting it up with some of their peers. Joshua headed over to the table and sat down beside Sophie. "Sorry, sorry I'm late. I k-know. It's my first club fair ever, I think. What did I miss? Congrats on making head girl, Sophie. The pin looks nice on you."

Wendy has heard so many wonderful things the clubs did around school that she made the effort to join at least one of them this year. It would be great if she made it first line in quidditch, if not at least she had one other distraction from lessons. Wendy came around to the club fair, it was being held out in the courtyard. Pushing her thick frame glasses up her nose, Wendy maneuvers around between students and tables. She was trying to keep an open mind, though there was a club already that called to her attention. Heta Omega did held a talent show at one time, so she was told. Wendy thought it would be interesting to bring the show back and see what other talents her schoolmates would like to share with the rest of the school. "Hey, I'm interested in joining. Are you guys gonna host another talent show anytime soon? If not, it should be a thing!"

After spending two whole years at Hogwarts and joining the quidditch team last year, Sophie figured she might as well also join something else. Her decision was hesitant however as she was unsure what to pick, if she would have time, and how it would all work. She still felt as though she was new to the whole wizarding world but thought that joining a club would hopefully familiarise herself with it more. The Ravenclaw entered the courtyard where a large number of students gathered. Different stands were set up advertising each extracurricular activity. It seemed like such a busy job to be the leader of a club, but Sophie just wanted to try something out. She passed a few stands, including the Wild Patch Club, the Hogwarts Monthly, and the Heta Omega. She didn't think she would fit into any of those however as they just didn't seem like something she would dedicate extra time to. Instead, the girl approached the Student Defence Association stand that seemed rather busy but interesting nonetheless. She always thought it was important to be able to defend yourself and signing up for the club for a year would not hurt at all. "Um, hello, could I just... sign up?" she asked the older Slytherin student, nodding to the sign up sheet in front of him.

@Alistair Lancaster

Throughout Hattie's first year, the Ravenclaw mostly kept to herself, trying her best to settle into the new school. She loved Hogwarts and Ravenclaw House and decided this year would be the perfect opportunity for her to branch out and interact with others, particularly in a club environment. It would help her meet new people, and maybe one day she would be able to take over as a leader if she found something she was really interested in.

Hattie made her way to the courtyard a little bit later than when it started, not wanting to be there when large groups of people would also be making their way around. By the time Hattie showed up she hoped people would already have signed up for things and left. Unfortunately, that did not seem like the case when the Ravenclaw finally joined them. Everyone at each stand seemed extremely busy, but still the girl made sure to lurk, trying to find something that could appeal to her. As she saw a stand called 'Sisterhood', Hattie curiously made her way over to it, wondering what such a club could be about if it only contained girls. She waited until the girl behind the stand was free before speaking. "Hey, I was just wondering what this was all about?" she asked, eyeing the cookies and the bracelets that were on the table. Did they bake cookies or make bracelets or both?

@Athena Rey-Martinez

Scott made his way to the courtyard for the club fair, it was already busy with motion. He wasn't sure if he was going to sign up for anything or even if he would be allowed, but he thought it would be good to check it out anyway. Looking around at all the different options, he made his way to the Brotherhood table. "What exactly is the brotherhood?" He wondered if muggleborns would be allowed in too, but was afraid to ask.

There was one main thing that was of interest to Kara at the club fair, Hogwarts Monthly. She really wanted to write in the newspaper and wondered if they allowed first years. Even if she could just join to learn, she wanted to be a part of it as soon as she could. Kara walked over to the table and smiled politely. "I was wondering if you allowed first years on the newspaper? If so, how could I join?" She said excitedly, she always loved writing things down and making observations. Kara's time to shine would be in the newspaper.

Elizabeth heard that first years would be allowed in duelling club and that is exactly what she wanted to do. She was interested in quidditch, but she wanted to wait to try out until her second year. It seemed like a better idea considering she hasn't taken flying class yet and would need special permission. Elizabeth approached the SDA booth and smiled proudly. "I would like to sign up, please!"

Ever since Cyzarine had told her about joining the Hogwarts Monthly, Vi couldn't shake this mounting curiosity about the club. Back home, the muggles newsletter was always so dreadfully boring where she lived. None of the mundane nonsense that was written in the newsletter ever appeal to the young girl, it was no wonder why they get stacked up and unread in a corner. Vi read the newsletters a handful time, and that was as much as she could stomach any of it. Cyzarine made the Hogwarts Monthly sound 'fun' and seem to enjoy the prospect of getting passed her internship title. They may have different taste when it comes to fun, however, curiosity won her over. Vi approached the Hogwarts Monthly's table, first glancing to an older boy who just sat down and the girl with the head girl badge pinned to her robes. "I'd like to join, are we allow to write about anything we want?"

Issac walked around the club fair. There seemed to be a lot of cool clubs at this school. As he looked around he noticed at one of the club stalls there was some legos that sat on the table. He enjoyed playing with legos and designing cool buildings with them. He decided to walk up to the stool. He noticed that when he walked up closer to the stool that the club was called 'Brotherhood'. He remembered his sister mentioning about the club to him. Once he got to the stall, he noticed that there was a boy that was older than him. "Hi uh, sorry to interrupt, but where would I be able to sign up?" Issac asks the boy ((@Kauri Tipene ))

Even if they weren’t able to duel, Alec didn’t think it would be useless to join because they might still be able to do something, although she did want to do something else fun in her first gear. After signing up for the SDA, she caught sight of Sandy being dragged towards some plants and figured she could go and have a look at that too. She popped up a few seconds later next to the Gryffindor, listening as he starting talking to one of the older boys.

@Lysander Summers

Maggie listened to the Head Girl when she was talking about writing for the paper but she still didn’t think she had anything useful to include, although an idea came to her from her final comment. “What do you do to get students to read it?” She asked, believing that they were able to help themselves in the entrance hall to the papers, but perhaps that wasn’t enough. “Do you need.. a..um,” Maggie wasn’t sure what the word for distributor was in English, “person to give them out?” The Hufflepuff might have been quiet, but she didn’t mind approaching others and besides, she would be like Santa giving out something good to read.

@Sophie Wilson

Elio wasn’t sure if he was pleased or disappointed that he wasn’t allowed to help out. At least he could go and do something else too but since leaving Accio! and getting stuck in a hoop for an hour at the Quidditch try outs, he was feeling a bit useless. “Alright,” he nodded at the president, before turning to see what else he could find. Another table seemed quite busy and as he wandered over he heard it was the SDA. He’d never been part of them before but then didn’t really know what they did. The Gryffindor hung around though hoping to hear what was going on.

Ilija turned to face a small boy when he heard the word Dervish, and he saw the student who had come in to buy figurines of his family members, “Hello,” he replied, giving an extra wave to the girl he was with time, perhaps another relative if he knew a lot of people. “Yes, I’m joining this year,” he replied, glancing up as his cheeks were turning red as he realised Alice had asked him too. Was it too noticeable that he was joining for her? As she seemed engaged herself with students, the Hufflepuff continued on to the first years, “Maybe you could try it too? It looks interesting,” he added as his eyes scanned the table. Ilija was feeling a bit bombarded with questions stood here, but trying to take them one at a time instead of walking away, he looked back at Alice with a nod. “I started a few months ago,” That was probably why she didn’t know, but then again why would she have anyway? Nervous that he might now have to contend with her coming into the shop, he tried to change the subject a bit, “Do you want a crown?” It was easier for those around him were focus on something that wasn’t himself, “They’re quite nice,” Looked like something his sister would have made.

@Lysander Summers @Alice Holland

Juno listened as the boy spoke about the year book, and while it did look interesting she wasn’t sure she’d be very good at the photography. She was more hands on herself rather than looking through a camera. Nevertheless she signed up and handed in an application form, it was after all one of the more creative clubs she thought she could fit into. “Thanks,” she added, before heading off to see what else there was to do. She needed something that would give her an outlet and that she could take her mind off stressing about school with. Reaching another table of students she listened as what appeared to be the Head Girl talking about writing events. At least that would give her a reason to attend. “What sort of events?” She asked, wondering what they had going on here.

@Vader Hume @Sophie Wilson

Wendall was grinning when he saw Lysander sign up too, it would be good to know someone else in the club for sure. That was when he turned to see another new friend coming towards him wearing a crown made of actual flowers. “Hi Ajax!” He waved at the Ravenclaw and admired the thing on top of his head. “Where did you get that?” He needed one too, although he didn’t know what club he had to go to to get it.

@Ajaccio Skey

Emma had asked Fleur all about the clubs at Hogwarts, and knew she wanted to join the same one her sister was in. She knew Iris wanted that too, so she had her sister by the hand as they navigated the crowd to head to the Heta Omega booth. Emma did not let herself get distracted on the way, focused on her goal. When they arrived, she beamed. "Hi! I'd like to join and also a cookie and a bracelet!" She said to the two girls standing there, not paying attention to anyone else who was trying to sign up. "And my sister too." She said, gesturing to Iris.

Iris was happy to spend some time with her twin, even if that time was spent being dragged around by the hand because Emma had an idea. Iris was pretty happy to join Heta Omega, though she also hadn't really thought about what other clubs she could possibly join too. Maybe she would have a wander around after they had signed up for Heta Omega. "Please." She added to Emma's words, hoping to make up for her impolite tone. "Could we both have one of each?" She asked, not wanting to assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back