Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
Hello friends and acquaintances!
So! Wizard Pokemon Go just came out as a pre-release in some places and I'm a little bit excited. :p
At the moment the game is very basic (No character customisation as of yet :( ) but its still early stages so its not very surprising. You basically get to make a character for it though, and can choose your house, wand and occupation among other things, which is really cool. There's also voice acting which surprised me, and it seems to take place in the current year, with HP and friends present as adult characters. I'm excited to see where it goes, though I haven't had a chance to use the actual Go part considering its like 11pm here, and thats practically half the gameplay, but I'm looking forward to my walk to work in the morning to try it out. :lol:

Here's a little preview of what it looks like (My guy is green now however, since I picked his house):
m6Q4jfY.png

Whos excited? :woot:

I hadn't even heard of this. What exactly do you try to catch in this game since we don't have Pokemon in the HP universe?

I have heard of it but admittedly know next to nothing about it aside from it being Wizard Pokemon Go. :p
So...tell us more Jesse and others with early access. ^_^

I had no idea this was happening xD I'm not sure yet if I'm excited or not, but I'll definitely check it out.

So I had to close and open the app because I was traveling but for some reason it still thought I was at home :lol:

But now I've finally had a chance to play and for now I'm still mostly confused by what I'm supposed to be doing. I've encountered like four "Confoundables" but two ran away because I was apparently not strong enough to fight/capture them, even when I boosted my attack with a potion (Which are like berries in Go). I think I can brew more potions from the ingredients I seem to randomly find in the world. I think there's a few different encounter types, from dueling wizards/creatures to rescuing them, and you have to trace spells with your finger, the more accurate the shape the better (Which is really hard to do while on a bus :p )

I found an inn (Basically a PokeStop for those who know) and you can recover energy there (Every spell you use in an encounter uses WIZARD ENERGY and if you run out I guess you can't cast a spell!). There's a sticker book that you fill out with every successful encounter, though it seems like you can do the same encounters multiple times (as if you were catching multiple of the same Pokémon). There's also these portmanteaus that are basically chests that unlock when you've walked a certain distance. I'm still waiting for mine to open so I can figure out what the heck is inside :p

And that's about where I'm at! I'm sure it'll hopefully make more sense later, but for now I'm still figuring things out =))

Aaahh I'm so excited for this :lol: when Pokemon GO came out I did soo much walking and made some friends :teehee: so I'm hoping this will be the same!! (especially as I actually know stuff about HP and knew nothing about Pokemon)

I received an email about this last week...but I haven't read it yet xD
Maybe I have early access too??

I think someone else mentioned receiving an email to me but they still couldn't download it. Meanwhile I've still been enjoying wandering around fighting dark wizards and things :r

That may have been me.. I got an email the other day but I’m still waiting for it to be released in the UK ;-;

Sooooo, it was released today and it sucks that I live in the middle of nowhere. For now it's pretty slow as it's the first day of release. I might play it while me bf drives me around town xD

xbg60g.jpg

It's also pretty slow for me here, but there is a lake in my apartment complex that seems to spawn some events. I get a lot of potion ingredients but haven't really been able to travel anywhere.

Is there something like incense in pokemon go?

It seems fun so far! I actually have the day off so I'll be out and about. Will post more thoughts tomorrow!

I finally got this up and running today :wub: Making the most of being by the sea in the US before I go back to the UK, never know, maybe there’s other things I can get =))

There's an achievement for playing in two countries so you'll get that! :claire:

I was really excited for this game because I don't like Pokemon so I missed the whole Pokemon Go hype, but it turns out my phone isn't compatible for some reason x_x apparently there's a long list of phone models it just doesn't function on for some reason, even though they were compatible with Pokemon Go...

That stinks! :( That was a problem with Pokémon go when it first came out. You’d think Niantic would’ve been able to figure it out by then.

One thing is that, but not a problem for me, is them putting monuments or whatever you call them that actually doesn't exist anymore. We have a city water tower that was torn down just a couple blocks from my parents house and it's still registering on the game. It has been 4 years xD

EDIT: addddddd meeeeeee 0171 8921 6919

Last edited:
very spell you use in an encounter uses WIZARD ENERGY
Duelling points are now canonical!
Thanks, JKR! :wub:

That stinks! :( That was a problem with Pokémon go when it first came out. You’d think Niantic would’ve been able to figure it out by then.

Ya, that's very odd because with Pokémon Go they imported their stops from their previous AR game, so you'd think they'd have imported all the stops from Pokémon into this new one, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back