Get to know you!

I'm allergic to citric acid, so sweet all the way for me :V

I don't eat a lot of candy, but lemon drops are my jam- even better if they're sour. I also like licorice (black and red.) So it's mostly a toss-up for me.

All of the lollies. I like both sweet and sour. I probably eat more sweet because that is what we have at work. And it is less messy.
I also love super salty liquorice when I am studying ( think so salty it looks like it is sour with the crystals on the outside except it is salt)

I am here for the black licorice love. I have a killer sweet tooth so everything is good, but I do love sour candies. Sour Patch Kids are a fave but I also loved Sour Skittles as a kid.

I don't mind, but I prefer sweet candy. I have a HUGE sweet tooth!

I'm definitely more a fan of sweet than sour :p

I'm more a fan of sweet than sour, but I won't turn down sour sweets either.

Here's a new one from Mia:

what is one unusual yet useful skill that you have?

I can make sausages. Really anyone could make them if they tried and had the tools, but I can't say I know many people who do it.

Plan to get more creative with it once grad school is over. I have done mostly pork/beef so far. Also interested in making veggie sausage but I haven't ventured into that yet.

i have had to have a think about this one. thank you cyndi fo putting a more positive spin on the question.

because of work, I would say I am able to read some absolutely shocking handwriting. and I can also recognise a lot of tablets just by looking at them. (I spend a good two days a fortnight checking webster paks. which could almost be a skill in its self because everyone I have told about that says they would hate that. but I enjoy it)

as for non-work-related skills. I am really good at making things last. and am fairly practical at stuff like building flat-pack furniture, putting up tents and fixing things, not technology (though it does seem to like me) but things I can visualise or see.

Because of my old work I know a lot about farming but that's kinda useless

I don't have many unusual talents, the closest I have is I'm really good at map reading, like I never really got taught map reading, I've just kinda always been good at it, and in general I have a pretty good sense of direction, if i go somewhere once I can 9/10 remember how to get there by memory alone the second time. So it's not really unusual but it is useful.

I can fix broken staplers! Staples can be stuck or it's literately in two pieces and I always manage put it back together.

Now that I think about it, I'm oddly good at fixing random things, like printers, fax machines, furniture, clogged drains, broken windows, doors etc. If something's broken, I'll work until is usable enough until professionals come, or to where they aren't needed :r

I can work on cars. Apparently it is "unusual" to see a woman working on her own car. I am also great at video games. I can also name all kills, on and off screen, that Michael Myers has done in the Halloween movies.

The last two are pretty useless.

Not sure if this is 'unusual' per say, but I can roll up cables and cords so they don't tangle. Air pods are more the thing now, but my headphones never get into a twist and if I am traveling all my chords are packed neatly and never messed together. It's definitely useful!

This is hard to say, because most of the dance stuff I know how to do is unusual by non-dance-person standards, but the usefulness is fairly limited :p I suppose flexibility is both unusual and useful? I can put my palms on the floor standing on my tiptoes with straight knees, which is handy when I drop things, or when I'm sitting comfortably but my cat is sleeping cute on my feet and I want to Bother her. OH also I can type without looking at my hands and have a completely separate conversation out loud at the same time? That's sort of useful.

I was going to reply to this this morning but then I had a migraine and didn't want to form words if I didn't have to.
anyway. I have not thought much into it until Cyndi asked the question but I think it is a fairly good choice. I haven't seen mads Mikkelsen in many of his things. I mean I have seen doctor strange but can't really remember his character. I have seen his brother, Lars Mikkelsen, in a few things, notably ride upon the storm, and he was really great so I have faith that Mads will be just as good.
the choice of a danish actor is an interesting one. first and foremost I am very much a daneiophile. so on a personal level, I am happy.
I think I would suit the character as from what I am aware/have interpreted Grindelwald went to durmstrang which is somewhere in northern Europe (given the heavy uniforms and talk of flying over snowy mountains) and services northern and eastern Europe (seeing as the Bulgarian Krumm attended) so it kind of makes sense that Grindelwald is from northern or eastern Europe (and unfortunately most English speakers wouldn't be able to differentiate and pinpoint accents much more than northern or eastern).
Although i haven't watched the Hannibal (and don't intend to) from what i can tell from interviews and clips Mads has experience in playing the charming man who is twisting the way others see him to his own ends, or should i say the twisted man who will do whatever he wants to and using a charming facade to get others to like him.

and that response is sort of longer than expected so i will leave you with a cartoon from my favourite webcomic about the role of mads in Dr strange.

My two cents- I like Johnny Depp as an actor, but I was very irritated when they picked him for Grindelwald. His costume/appearance was cartoonish (to be fair, I haven't watched Fantastic Beasts 2, so I might be judging it too harshly.) Mads Mikkelsen is an excellent actor and I'm looking forward to watching him in this if I ever get around to it. To be honest, I'm not that crazy about the HP world anymore, I just like writing with you all.

New question! How many pillows do you sleep with?

I sleep with one very firm pillow... if I use a pillow at all. I strongly dislike soft pillows D:
But mostly I sleep on my own arm. xD

One big one and sometimes a smaller one if I feel like it :p

Just one. But it is a rather firm memory foam one. I also sleep with a teddy bear called huggies who sometimes gets used as a pillow. I also sleep on my arms sometimes but regret it when I wake up with horrific pins and needles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back