Get to know you!

New question! What's your must have snack for a road trip?

I need a cold drink, either iced coffee or a 7-11 Slushie to start and then something like skittles to keep me going later on xD

What if it's really cold, do you still have to have a cold drink??

Ughghhhh unfortunately I get motion sickness on long car rides; a new thing which i DO NOT LOVE.
So I gotta have something ginger xD, some salt chippies (crisps), and some sort of fizzy drink!

Ughghhhh unfortunately I get motion sickness on long car rides; a new thing which i DO NOT LOVE.
So I gotta have something ginger xD, some salt chippies (crisps), and some sort of fizzy drink!
Awhh noo! Does the ginger help? I’ve always been curious if that works

My go-to would be a flapjack or something (but I think flapjack means something different in other parts of the world :lol: I’m talking about a bar of oats)

And water!!!!

Ginger is a life saver! Also disgusting thoigh so there's that :lol:
Also flapjacks 10/10 means pancakes

I did have a migraine at work the other week and forgot my tablets. a ginger nut did help me. but it may have been a placebo effect

my go-to is a cup of tea (variety varies on my mood, today it was a summer orange tea). and a bag of lollies (sweets/candy) once again variety varies, but I do like the oak milk bottles at the moment. and (especially summer) a cup of water.

So, it really depends on the length of the journey, but if driving, always coffee, always some water, usually some like crisps or popcorn and usually some chocolate.

I love the oat bar flapjacks :wub: (wish they were a common thing here,) but it definitely means pancakes where I live.

My road trip snacks are usually some sort of protein and fruit. That could be a protein bar, cheese, jerky/meat sticks, and something portable like a banana or apple. I don't eat while I drive. For beverages, I'll go for water, chocolate milk, coffee, soda, etc.

What's your must have snack for a road trip?
I get motion sickness too... it's been that way since I was a baby... So my must-have is iced coffee and salted chips...

The coffee helps with my ADHD and tends to calm me down enough so that I can sleep... The salted chips are nice when I wake up in the middle of the trip and feel a bit peckish...
unfortunately I get motion sickness on long car rides
I find driving with the car window slightly open for the wind to hit my head helps with the motion sickness (if I can't sleep)...

Next question.
So if you somehow could have an animagus form, what animal do you think it would be?

It would most likely be a cat/miniature tiger

For the road trip snacks question, my parents were very much of the 'IF YOU EAT IN THE CAR YOU HAVE PERMANENTLY RUINED IT' mindset, so I usually don't even think of packing snacks when I travel nowadays :p The only exception is curiously strong mints, which have always been my nan's motion sickness preventer of choice.

As for animagus form, mine would definitely be a goat! 🐐

For the road trip snacks question, my parents were very much of the 'IF YOU EAT IN THE CAR YOU HAVE PERMANENTLY RUINED IT' mindset, so I usually don't even think of packing snacks when I travel nowadays :p The only exception is curiously strong mints, which have always been my nan's motion sickness preventer of choice.

As for animagus form, mine would definitely be a goat! 🐐
Ginger chews are also great for nausea! Not sure if they have them in NZ.

also, I have to ask… why a goat? :lol:

I want to guess it would probably be something feline related, but I also think it could be something that lives in water. I feel like that would be an interesting animagus form to have, as well.

also, I have to ask… why a goat?
Ahahah I grew up on a small farm and we kept goats for a lot of my youth. They're really lovely and gentle animals, and they've been my favourite for a long time. Like having a lawnmower who likes scritches!! In terms of relating to them I'm also quite nimble from the dancing, and I have a tendency to come off a bit strongheaded (I'm autistic and tone isn't my strongest suit.) when something's important to me. They're also just. silly and I love them

Tongue Goat GIF

Ahahah I grew up on a small farm and we kept goats for a lot of my youth. They're really lovely and gentle animals, and they've been my favourite for a long time. Like having a lawnmower who likes scritches!! In terms of relating to them I'm also quite nimble from the dancing, and I have a tendency to come off a bit strongheaded (I'm autistic and tone isn't my strongest suit.) when something's important to me. They're also just. silly and I love them
I was terrified of goats for the longest time because one started eating my jacket while it was ON ME when I was like 4 at a petting zoo. But people raise them around here for 4H and such so once my friends starting having some, I realized they are super cute. And there's an instagram for a goat rescue (Goats of Anarchy) that has helped with my fear.

Oh nooo I can super get how they would be scary when you're that young!! I'm glad you've been able to find ways to ease the fear though! Goats are indeed super cute and I love them very much 🐐 :wub:

Time for a new question!

What's the scariest thing that you've done for fun?

I ziplined. I'm scared of heights so it was terrifying but once I got going it was such a rush and a pretty view.

Also, I swam in a cenote. We had to wear flashlight bands as parts of it were dark.

I played Chicken

If you don't know what that is... It's a game where you see how long you can stand in the road when a car is driving close...

Ahh there have been a few things that i thought was the scariest thing i have ever done, so its hard to think of a specific one...

But I think it was a tree walk i did last year. It was a place called Redwood Treewalk based in Rotorua, New Zealand (Just incase you all wanted to see any pics or anything lol) I'm not necessarily scared of heights, but we had to walk on wobbly bridges high from the ground which connected from one tree to another, which I thought was a bit scary lol

Ahh the scariest thing I've done for fun was go on the tower of terror at Disneyland =)) I was crying the whole time but once the ride was over it really wasn't that bad, I don't know why I was so scared but I've never been a fan of the feeling of falling so that's probably why, and it did end up being fun :p

It's been a while! But here's a new question!

Are you the oldest/youngest/middle/only child in your family?

I'm the oldest (of a lot of siblings)

I'm the youngest sibling, but I also only have the one sister.

I'm the oldest, I have one younger sibling

I've fluctuated throughout my life - I'm the oldest of my biological siblings (a half-brother I've only met once, and a sister I grew up with,) but during my teens my mum was married to someone with 4 adult children, so I temporarily became one of the youngest. (A very strange adjustment to make. Did not like it at all.) I'm quite a lot older than all of my cousins/my sister (nearest person in age to me in my generation is 5 years younger and the youngest was born in December last year) so I've spent my life doing ALL THE CHILDCARE :p

This is always a hard question to answer, but I am technically the middle child in my family, I have an older twin sister by a small amount of time, and then a younger brother. I also have two younger half brothers. I'm pretty sure this makes me a middle child =))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back