Get to know you!

I am a huge fan of my birthday depending on the year. This year I will be 21, so I am really excited about it, and I hope it becomes one of my favorite birthdays. However, I do not have one at the moment because my past birthdays have been mediocre at best.

I love birthdays. My last few have been each spend away from home as I have been attending conferences overseas that always seem to fall in that week.
I think my favourite must be my 24th. I was in Taiwan My friends supposed me with some beautiful earrings at breakfast. The rest of the dau was quite stressful as it was the last day of the conference and I was running workshops and marking tests I had organised earlier in the event so I count the following day as my birthday where me and my friends who I don’t see often spent a day touring around Taipei. We had lunch in a fantastic restaurant went up Taipei 101. Went up elephant mountain to watch the sunset over the city. There were a lot of people there with big cameras and tripods so I became the crazy Australian with a big camera half way up a tree) and then we went to the night markets. It really was a fantastic day.

Ok, we are back with a new question!
Which location in the HP world is your favorite?

In the books, I always loved reading about the burrow. I liked the description of it being a mishmash of architecture held together by magic, the whole backyard full of gnomes, the clock that told about their existence. It sounded cozy. xD

In the film, the Ministry of Magic headquarters had some very cool spaces.

I always loved Grimmauld Place, particularly as a base of operations of sorts for the main three. I love the secret hideouts that are a little small and haphazard, and it having all of its own dangers in itself was an added layer that was fun to see. I was crushed when they had to abandon it after Yaxley followed them in :(
The Burrow is another favourite, just because it's so endearing and full of heart. Its the best reference to a domestic life from a magical point of view, and I would have loved to see more of that sort of thing.

I love the Burrow but for me, nothing beats Hogwarts itself xD

I love Hogsmead and the Shrieking Shack :D I think it’s partly cause PoA is my favourite too, but it’s like school so still mostly safe area to go but you can explore and buy interesting things and get some independence. And the shack is just creepy I would like a character to go there :r

Generally, Hogsmeade. Like Pheeb PoA is one of my favourite books and particularly the visuals from the film with the village covered in snow, I always loved that.

More specifically I've always loved the Three Broomsticks. Though not particularly how it looks in the film. I've always had a mental image of it feeling more cosy, warm and welcoming.

New question! What's something you cook really well?

Ribs, for me!

I am amazing at grilling hamburgers, chicken and fish.
Baking wise, people say I make the best brownies.

I'm pretty good at Lasagne I think, but that's because it's one of my favourites so I probably take more care with it :r

I cook A LOT, but the thing I'm proudest of is definitely my pasta sauce... it's a recipe I developed myself & involves slowly cooking fresh tomatoes with garlic & herbs for 3+ hours, which makes the whole house smell amazinggggg

Sauteed sugar snap peas with garlic and butter, sweet potato mash, and glazed pork chops.

I make ramen and spaghetti very well. I do have cooking ability to cook more but I just don't. :teehee:

I don't really cook, I'm alright at it in general, but I can make a pretty good ratatouille

Baking an egg. No joke I'm more of a baking stuff person, but I can cook pasta kind of good.

Another question, since there have been a lot of thunder storms in my area recents:

What do you think about Thunder and Lightening storms?

Sauteed sugar snap peas with garlic and butter, sweet potato mash, and glazed pork chops.
Can you please come cook for me???

I LOVE THUNDER STORMS!!! ⛈🌩⚡️ I get so excited and 5 year old Donna comes out (she's out a lot tbh)

I can't stand noisy weather of any kind, so storms are not high on my Favourite Weather list, but lightning especially stresses me out. I know it's really rare that it actually strikes a person, but I would still very much rather be as far away as possible D:

I LIVE for thunder and lightning. I honestly think that if thunder were a daily occurrence I'd be happy. I love falling asleep to it :lol:

I kind of hate it. Hard thunderstorms for sure. Makes me scared haha. Recently I actually thought it would hit somewhere in close ⛈ I like the sunny weather more. But I do like it when it rains heavy sitting inside with a blanket and a cup tea (or wine) xD

I love it as long as I'm inside. I love looking out of the window and seeing it all happen, it's exciting xD

I love it as long as I'm inside. I love looking out of the window and seeing it all happen, it's exciting xD
I thought I was an inside lover too, but yesterday I actually ran out and stood in it and watched it and it was so exciting

It’s 50/50 for me. The other day we had a storm that (almost) hit our house, and our electricity went out. The light went out about four or five times and it wasn’t nice since we were all doing stuff on our laptops and it was annoying having to re-do everything from the start =))

But generally, I love them :wub: it’s refreshing :p

Suddenly hearing really loud thunder is pretty scary when it's unexpected, but generally I do like thunderstorms. It's cool to feel cozy and safe inside while all the thunder and lightning is outside :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back