Celebrate good times...c'mon!

What kind of dance?? So proud of you for doing it anyway!

And can we know more about the antique?! Sooo cool!!

I dug the most holes at work yesterday and we got to go home early because of it! (I promise that isn't a figurative phrase I'm using, I do dig holes for a living xD )

My partner and I were supposed to go to Ireland over this weekend but obvs due to covid we haven't been able to go, BUT the good news is that I managed to get the money back for the flights we bought and used the recovered money to buy a new pair of headphones (my last ones were like 10+ years old and broken to hell)

After being unemployed and looking since March, I have finally been offered a job. It's only temporary over Christmas, but honestly it's a start

I just got home from sittin a dance exam against Many odds and I'm feeling very good about it :V I'm about a decade older than most dancers going through these exams, and due to numbers dropping over lockdown I wound up being the only candidate for the exam (which meant I had to perform both halves of a duet one after another, entirely solo) it was. very stressful but I'm proud of myself for going through with it & also proud of my students who sat their exam today as well!! (I wasn't allowed to watch them but I have ZERO DOUBT they did amazingly well)

That sounds challenging, congrats! Let us know how you do!

I have just submitted the last assignment for my professional honours (assuming I pass everything)
After over two years studying part time while working full time with many of my days off in front of the computer And the last two nights up until midnight working on it it doesn’t feel real.
of course I will be back studyingnext year to upgrade it to a masters. Because i am a sucker for punishment.

I know this may not be "good times" to everyone, BUT I just finished with my first *virtual* counseling appointment. I have been putting it off for years so it's a win in my book. Hopefully I continue through with it :D

I just got home from sittin a dance exam against Many odds and I'm feeling very good about it :V I'm about a decade older than most dancers going through these exams, and due to numbers dropping over lockdown I wound up being the only candidate for the exam (which meant I had to perform both halves of a duet one after another, entirely solo) it was. very stressful but I'm proud of myself for going through with it & also proud of my students who sat their exam today as well!! (I wasn't allowed to watch them but I have ZERO DOUBT they did amazingly well)
Just realised I never shared my result!! I got a 90%, which is definitely good considering I was dancing on what I didn't realise at the time was a sprained ankle (I've been in physiotherapy since the exam x_x ) V happy and proud! My students got marks in the mid to high 90s as well, so overall incredibly proud!!

So a few things
  • My muse is back :frantics:
  • My state is surging badly again with COVID-19 and we are feeling it at the hospital, the worst it's been so far. I worked an extremely long shift on Monday and placed several feeding tubes. Despite the critical nursing shortage, the fear, and the high stress levels, the teamwork and creativity I have seen has been inspiring.
  • Related to this, my coworker just offered up a PTO day this coming Friday, and you bet I snapped it up!
  • Grad school is over and I'm finally starting to feel the sweet, sweet reality of this :party:

I have a few good times the last few days.

firstly I got my degree. it arrived via owl email while I was eating my breakfast on Friday morning but I believe I have a solid copy coming through in the post.

The last few days have been good at work. I feel like I have just been on top of things even though we have been busy. today was especially great as there was a big festavle in town with street markets and entertainment and the main stage was just outside the shop which meant I had air conditioning It was a rather chilled day and everyone was in a good mood. and i got to wear a red dress instead of my usual white and enjoyed dancing around the shop (when there were no customers of course)

and finally. one of the photos I entered into the photography competition won first prize in its category which was very exciting.

I started two new jobs over the last week! One scarier than the other but both involving animals so definitely in my happy place :wub:

Ahhh just a couple of things!

I recently got a job offer! This is my first job and all, so I'm pretty excited! Though I am a little bit nervous about it hehe! Not sure when I'll be starting, it's still in process of when I'll be starting.

I also found out that I'll be graduating uni next month, so I'm pretty pumped about that!

Things I've found to celebrate:
  • I've gotten back into working out consistently, and I love how much it has improved my mindset and emotional health. I even started using our spin bike (I hate exercising indoors) because it's been bitterly cold here and I'm finding it's helping me with my stir-craziness and not the worst after all.
  • My muse is somewhat back. Thanks again to everyone for their patience with me. ^_^
  • I'm cooking a lot again, which makes me happy. Today I made mushroom ramen from scratch, soy sauce eggs, and a lemon ricotta cake.

Three pretty great things happened to me today!

Firstly, got my new laptop! My old one's been on the brink for a LONG time and when it started freezing every time I would... swap tabs (not even open a new one, just click on one that was already open) I took that as a sign that it was Time. Spent the day swapping things over and BOY I am enjoying having a Functional Computer again.

Secondly, had my first drama class for a VERY long time! Been dipping my toe back into acting the last couple of years and I've decided to jump in properly and it was a LOT of fun :party:

Thirdly, I went up for an audition for the first time in YEARS (I usually just.... latch onto productions people I already know are doing and dodge the whole audition process for I am a coward) and got cast in a fun wee dance piece in a couple of months!!! 🕺

(Requisite disclaimer that I live in New Zealand where it's safe to do shows and things)

Last edited:
A few positive things to celebrate:
  • We're having a warm spring week and I have been able to turn the heat off and leave the WINDOWS OPEN. Helloooo fresh air! And I'm getting some cleaning done.
  • I joined a boxing gym (virtually) a little over a month ago and have been doing shadowboxing + strength training six days per week. I feel so good and I love getting stronger.
  • The muse is back :frantics:
  • I made a "bucket" list for 30 things I want to do before I turn 30 (next year) and I've crossed off three so far ^_^

Today I am celebrating two small things that made my day!
1) I was able to get Bad Bunny concert tickets with my friends :party:
2) I am about to watch the early screening of the In The Heights movie :frantics: This may be too early to celebrate cuz what if it's terrible?! :o but I doubt it will be :p

Today I am celebrating two small things that made my day!
1) I was able to get Bad Bunny concert tickets with my friends :party:
2) I am about to watch the early screening of the In The Heights movie :frantics: This may be too early to celebrate cuz what if it's terrible?! :o but I doubt it will be :p
Woohoo! I don’t know Bad Bunny but can imagine being able to go out to a concert during these times is exciting ^_^

This is such a lovely thread!

My achievement is getting good progress reports back from my tutors and supervisors this week. Sometimes it’s hard to know if I‘m on the right track because a lot of our work is practical and not exam or test based, so it’s been a big relief!

So people may have noticed I've been MUCH more active on HNZ lately than I had been for a long time and I've avoided talking about this because I didn't want to jinx it, but I think it's been long enough now that I can say this pretty confidently.

I'm on new meds, and for the first time in my life I've found something that actually helps with my anxiety. The last meds I was on essentially made me into a zombie, I could barely remember anything and I had no drive to even feed myself or bathe, and they took a long time to wear off after I stopped taking them. So I've been really hesitant to try something new, but I've been on these for a month now and I feel lighter. Like, the anxiety for sure isn't gone, but for the first time in years I'm approaching actually feeling like a functional human being. And I can write again!!!! I can enjoy writing again!!!!!!!!!! It's been so longgggggg :V I've been stuck in a pattern for about two years where I just sit around thinking 'I should write' and feeling guilty for not having written anything and feeling too bad to write anything because I should have already written it and when I do try to write I get stressed out about how late my replies are and etc etc etc and eventually nothing gets written but NOW writing is FUN AGAIN

(The bad news is that I wasn't actually prescribed these for anxiety, I was prescribed them to help with my epilepsy and they haven't made a dent in my seizure pattern at all so far. Most anticonvulsants can also be prescribed for mood reasons though, and in this case I've just hit a wild coincidence that it's worked on that front but not for the seizures.)

So people may have noticed I've been MUCH more active on HNZ lately than I had been for a long time and I've avoided talking about this because I didn't want to jinx it, but I think it's been long enough now that I can say this pretty confidently.

I'm on new meds, and for the first time in my life I've found something that actually helps with my anxiety. The last meds I was on essentially made me into a zombie, I could barely remember anything and I had no drive to even feed myself or bathe, and they took a long time to wear off after I stopped taking them. So I've been really hesitant to try something new, but I've been on these for a month now and I feel lighter. Like, the anxiety for sure isn't gone, but for the first time in years I'm approaching actually feeling like a functional human being. And I can write again!!!! I can enjoy writing again!!!!!!!!!! It's been so longgggggg :V I've been stuck in a pattern for about two years where I just sit around thinking 'I should write' and feeling guilty for not having written anything and feeling too bad to write anything because I should have already written it and when I do try to write I get stressed out about how late my replies are and etc etc etc and eventually nothing gets written but NOW writing is FUN AGAIN

(The bad news is that I wasn't actually prescribed these for anxiety, I was prescribed them to help with my epilepsy and they haven't made a dent in my seizure pattern at all so far. Most anticonvulsants can also be prescribed for mood reasons though, and in this case I've just hit a wild coincidence that it's worked on that front but not for the seizures.)
Yessss Rowan that is so amazing 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
Exciting news: I got into grad school!
That's awesome! 💕

Users who are viewing this thread

Back