cautiously optimistic about plots

Hello! I figured I would actually try to RP for once (and inevitably get overwhelmed and forget RPs again). Keeping it fairly small, just probably two or three per person max atm. Please don't be offended if I turn some down! Just trying to manage capacity around work and things. I've got some students I probably want some things for a bit more but others I would certainly be happy to do things with!

You'd think after being here so long I'd be okay at actually managing RPs but alas here we are...

Yuelia Rossingol - Slytherin 7th Year
She's the weird goth girl I originally wanted to do a lot more with but totally fell off the wagon keeping up with her. She's very awkward and timid unless she has a wand in her hand. 6th year was a rough one because she both got her heart broken and accidentally severely injured a prefect, an incident which may well have spread around. She's probably going to join the arts club, continue duelling, and I'm up for anything with her really. Romance (boys 6th-7th year only), friendships, enemies, you name it.

Oswald Brambleheart - Hufflepuff 5th Year
I really haven't done a lot with him but I'd like to. He's a chaser on the Quidditch team though he's abysmal at it, fluked his way to a dueling tournament win, enjoys carving and sculpture, and also is about the height of a first year. Would be keen for some friendships, maybe some crushes he can develop (girls only, unrequited or requited, either or), angst about his short stature/goblin heritage, anything.

Miranda Dawes - Ravenclaw 3rd Year
This is the big one I've got this year. Miranda has some new authority and a bit of a taste for gossip. She's usually extremely nice and complimentary, at least tries to be, but there's a bit of a buried mean streak (inherited from her HoM professor mother) that I'd like her to start cultivating. Doesn't fit in with her roommates very well, has issues with her mother being one of her teachers, hint of power, being thirteen...it's a difficult time. She's not going to be as foolish as to print gossip in the paper again, but doesn't mean she might not print some that isn't directly involved with the school paper...

Ideally I'd like her to start small, get gradually a bit nastier and nastier until she eventually hits a break point where she realises that being a mean girl actually doesn't feel good at all anymore and have to make amends. Realise that she doesn't have to force herself to be ultra nice all the time but that it does feel a bit better to be kind than horrid. To that end, anyone who'd be willing to be involved in gossip I'd love to plot with, as well as just some more interactions, especially with the paper. Anyone who wants to push her along her mean girl path is welcome too. :r

Ruth Thorne - Slytherin 1st Year
She's my newest, I'm still working her out a bit but I think she's going to come off pretty laid back. She's pretty lazy, but she's clever and more perceptive than she lets on. Just doesn't want to get any sort of expectations placed on her. But she's certainly friendly if perhaps a tiny bit manipulative. Down for anything with her, friends mostly, especially anyone who wants to just try out new things and see what happens. Ruth wants to find something that's hers but doesn't want to put too much effort in in case it doesn't work out, so she's really up for anything (half-heartedly).

Michael Watson - Ravenclaw 7th Year
Honestly he's always just keeping on keeping on. Sad about his girlfriend graduating, busy with Quidditch, prefect duties, NEWTs etc. Down for stuff with him but it's not a major priority.

Dahlia Doherty - Gryffindor 6th Year
She would be in the top part but for my lack of muse for her. Sorry Dahlia. She likes acting and performing so if anyone's interested in anything with that? Could use a boyfriend or a girlfriend? shrugging motions

Audrey Beauchamp - Ravenclaw 4th Year
I'm always down for stuff with Audrey, she's probably just less in need than the others. But I'm happy for anything with her. She could use a boy to kiss at one of the dances maybe?

Ignatius Wolffort - Slytherin 2nd Year
Same boat as Dahlia I fear, though watch this space I'm hoping to do something with him down the track. He's a terrible seeker and an uppity, snivelling brat, not quite as desperate to go home to mummy in 2nd year but still is a little bit.

If anyone's interested in having a penpal, I have at Beauxbatons Niniane Archambeau (6th) and Celestine Gauthier (3rd) and at Ilvermorny Hadrian Murphy (5th, Wampus). They mostly just play Quidditch but out of them Celestine at least has some more thought, she likes singing and fashion and will probably become an opera diva after graduation. Just throwing them in if anyone wants some letter threads/to have a stranger to talk to for fun. Would definitely be keen (especially for Celestine, but any are good)!

Aine Thompson - newly graduated
I'm just putting her here for completion's sake because she is my baby and I'm down for things with her, but she's also spending some time in the muggle world and being a normal eighteen year old girl for a bit. Still, if anyone wants to do anything with her, I'm down.

Professor Gabrielle Moncrieffe - History of Magic (1-4)
One of the grouchier professors with a sarcastic streak. This will be her seventh? year teaching. Absolutely loves out of the box thinking and enthusiasm for learning, will probably be easy to sway on restricted section access if you want it. If anyone wants a teacher to get them in trouble, on the other hand, feel free. Or professors can befriend or butt heads with her, either way!

Professor Lawrence Hale - Divination (3-4)
He's only here for first semester but I'm throwing him in anyway. He's somehow muddling his way through teaching Divination despite his previous job having been as a maths teacher. Would be the type to catch a student out past curfew and pretend not to see it (but suggest they go back to the dorms before someone else catches them).

Last edited:
Ruth and Lumos have already sort of met, so I think it would be fun to get them together again, especially as he is currently hatching a plot to pay them a visit with a prank! (the girls dorms I mean)

I have Hinata Edogawa who’s a 5th year Hufflepuff for Oswald! She’s a really good flier but has been too shy to join the Quidditch team. She could help him practice :r

Hey, I have a couple to offer you!

I think Ruto and Oswald would be good! They will most likely get along. Roo is very unpredictable, happy-go-lucky, head in the clouds etc, but they could bond over sculpturing, as Roo enjoys doing that as well. And maybe potentially they could crush on each other? I also am in dire need of some sort of romantic relationship for her lol.

Another good one could be Violet and Miranda who are both in the same house and year. Violet has no friends and has a hard time getting people to like her. She could definitely help Miranda on her path to being a mean girl. I feel like they are either going to get along or be total enemies, which could be fun.

Let me know what you think ^_^

Oswald and Fraser could be friends, they're both in fifth year, and both chasers on the team, so it could be quidditch friends?

For Miranda, she could be mean to Apolline, make her cry or something. Happy for her to be a mean girl to Apolline.

For Ruth, she could be 'friends' with Winnie, they're in the same house and year, they've just met in the dorm. I don't think they'd necessarily be friends and Winnie will be pretty straight laced, so won't do a lot new, but she'd probably always grow frustrated with Ruth being lazy.

if any of this is of interest let me know.

Yuelia x Chase: Iiiii don't really know but this sounds like an interesting combination in my head (or just a very awkward and quiet one lol). I reckon he'd at least be impressed with her duelling so could even turn out to be a little crush situation or something? I just need to do more with my boy :r

Oswald x Eloise: I remember them interacting at one of the dances at some point which was very fun and now that she's back at school she'll be trying to make some more friends so that could be an option.

Miranda x Summer: would be happy to have my baby involved in some gossip!

Ruth x Harrison: I'm still figuring him out a little but he's definitely going to be someone that pushes boundaries a little so he'd be up for trying new things and just seeing what happens.

yay Camilla.

okay some sugestions

for Os i have Hugo Stark West. i am fairly surethy are already friends but we can defiantly RP that more.

for Miranda i have hugo Stark west they will be running the paper together and i can see some words getting said about the gossip column.

or any other suggestions that you would like.

To that end, anyone who'd be willing to be involved in gossip I'd love to plot with, as well as just some more interactions, especially with the paper. Anyone who wants to push her along her mean girl path is welcome too. :r
Vanity just perked her head up, JK but she could definitely push her along the mean girl path. She's kind of horrible and likes to gossip so she'd love to be involved.

I could also offer Hazel since they're in the same year, but she would be less inclined to be part of it. She could be the subject of gossip though? She's (trying very hard to be ) weird and quirky and wears a lot of strange things all the time, which I imagine makes her an easy target (Though she's friends with Summer, and I saw Marijke say she could be involved too so that could also be interesting)

Camillaaaaaaa. Throwing some spaghetti at the wall, here we go.

Yuelia x Leah: I think Leah this year is going to try and get better at dueling so could be fun if she goes to the champ for advice.

Oz x Santiago: I think I’ve wanted to throw these two together for a minute now. They have some things in common like quidditch and somehow beating June. I can see them maybe being something like friends.

I also just had this specific thread idea after starting one with Daph. But it could be very funny to have Leah try and talk to Michael to “convince” him to let Cyrus on the team.

Trying not to dump too much on you so adding these as some more broad ideas for later or if you're interested: Ruth x Sybil buddies, Dahlia x Leah awkward crush, and Audrey x Oskar another awkward crush or she can pick on him for dropping quidditch.

posts a PD and dips good job me (work and family stuff kept me busy sorry!)

@Victoria de Lacey - could be interesting! I will get back to that park thread this week and then we could maybe have them meet in the Slytherin common room seeing how we go? I know Ruth was kind of siding with Sybil but I could definitely see her wanting to be on pleasant terms with Lumos, lol.

@Jonah Edogawa - sounds fun! Oz is okay flying it's just the quidditch playing part he's less good at, but practice could help. Would you like me to start a thread?

@Ruto Vernier-Raison - definitely down for Oz and Ruto, I really like Ruto and would be keen for them to do stuff! And yes to Violet and Miranda, I feel like there's potential for an awkward split down the middle in that dorm. Or maybe Violet will just have found Miranda's trying hard to be nice annoying, up to you really. But I'm keen to throw both these pairs together to see what happens. Would you like me to start one and you start the other?

@Stefan Archer - yes definitely Oz and Fraser, I think he could just use some guy friends in general and they could practice together. I feel like Miranda's bullying would definitely be a bit more subtle and backstabby, burn book kind of deal. :r Though I could see her maybe making some snide comments about her mother being Minister? Not sure. Also keen to see Ruth and Winnie down the line, I guess we'll continue this first year thread and go from there. So at least happy go with Oz and Fraser as a starting point for the moment, would you like to start something or shall I?

@Chloe Thompson - oh yes I love Chase (apologies for probably throwing Weird Goth Girl at him) and would be totally down to see how that goes, I can start something in the duelling chamber or something? Down for Oz and Eloise, though he's not especially fond of June so he might be wary if Eloise and June are close. Miranda I'll hold off a bit while I work things out but yes to Summer being involved in gossip and certainly down for Ruth and Harrison just trying something out and seeing what happens. Not sure what but random is always fun. Feel free to pick which of those you'd rather start with and we'll see how it goes!

@Professor Elvera Le Fey - yes to Hugo and Oz, like I said to Emzies the boy needs more guy friends! And definitely down for a Hugo and Miranda thread, maybe something in the Monthly getting to know each other a bit? Happy to start with that one since they'll need to actually interact a bit (and also I'll message you on discord about meeting ideas lol)

@Amber Chou Wilson - 👀 maybe Miranda and Vanity can overhear the other and get involved gossiping or something, tentative alliance struck. I feel like if Miranda does inevitably blow up at Elise/Briony/Lucy, Hazel is going to be lumped in that group because of the friendship there and that could go sour haha. But keen for some mean girl gossip with Vanity for a start!

@Poppy Perkins - Down for Leah to ask Yuelia advice and probably be weirded out by how socially awkward and nervous she is, lol. Definitely keen for Oz and Santiago buddies, more guy friendships (and the two of them having no idea how they got this far is sweet lol). Though a short thread with Leah trying to 'convince' Michael to let Cyrus on the team would definitely be fun if you're keen.
The later ideas are all good to me, I could certainly see Audrey getting an actual embarrassing crush on Oskar and making more of an idiot of herself and getting her heart broken :r Same with Leah and Dahlia and maybe entertaining it and it just ending up a bit awkward just for some drama, maybe those more around the Yule Ball or something?

I will catch up on shopping threads but be down to start threads properly in the coming days!

@Jonah Edogawa - sounds fun! Oz is okay flying it's just the quidditch playing part he's less good at, but practice could help. Would you like me to start a thread?
That's perfect cause Hinata likes to play keeper, but can be a fair chaser so she could help him practice either way. And yes please!

I'm here!

Yuelia/Emrys- how are they so old? We could just throw them together as friends and see how they're getting along rn?

Oswald/Airen- we've established them as friends, they should hang out?

Ruth/Teo- he's so obnoxious, they could fight? be enemies? frenemies?

Ignatius/sunday- could also be enemies, or frenemies?

zaros/celestine- they could be penpals, it would be fun

valerius/aine- could be a bestie meet up after school?

@Stefan Archer - yes definitely Oz and Fraser, I think he could just use some guy friends in general and they could practice together. I feel like Miranda's bullying would definitely be a bit more subtle and backstabby, burn book kind of deal. :r Though I could see her maybe making some snide comments about her mother being Minister? Not sure. Also keen to see Ruth and Winnie down the line, I guess we'll continue this first year thread and go from there. So at least happy go with Oz and Fraser as a starting point for the moment, would you like to start something or shall I?

Happy to start with Oz and Fraser now, and certainly see about Ruth and Winnie down the line also for Miranda and Apolline - if we can find a way for that to come about naturally.

I do have an open thread on the pitch with fraser: https://hogwarts.nz/threads/practicing-in-the-snow.121778/unread which you could join for ease?

posts a PD and dips good job me (work and family stuff kept me busy sorry!)

@Victoria de Lacey - could be interesting! I will get back to that park thread this week and then we could maybe have them meet in the Slytherin common room seeing how we go? I know Ruth was kind of siding with Sybil but I could definitely see her wanting to be on pleasant terms with Lumos, lol.
For sure, we can get a bit more established in the park thread and then throw them at each other in the Slytherin Common room at some point. Should be fun!

oh yes I love Chase (apologies for probably throwing Weird Goth Girl at him) and would be totally down to see how that goes, I can start something in the duelling chamber or something? Down for Oz and Eloise, though he's not especially fond of June so he might be wary if Eloise and June are close. Miranda I'll hold off a bit while I work things out but yes to Summer being involved in gossip and certainly down for Ruth and Harrison just trying something out and seeing what happens. Not sure what but random is always fun. Feel free to pick which of those you'd rather start with and we'll see how it goes!

Yay! Maybe we could do Chase + Yuelia and Oz + Eloise for now? In that case I'll get the latter?

@Stefan Archer no problem, I'll jump into that one and we'll table some others for later on!

@Chloe Thompson yes please, I'll get something started for the older two soon!

@Amodeus Jones goodness so many! I'm just picking a couple for now because of already having to catch up on shopping threads (thanks work) but I would be curious to try Zaros and Celestine? Not much rhyme or reason to it just something a bit different, I've wanted to do random penpals for a bit/use my other school students more. Probably either Yuelia/Emrys or Oz/Airen for the other for the moment, whichever character you have more muse for.

@Stefan Archer no problem, I'll jump into that one and we'll table some others for later on!

@Chloe Thompson yes please, I'll get something started for the older two soon!

@Amodeus Jones goodness so many! I'm just picking a couple for now because of already having to catch up on shopping threads (thanks work) but I would be curious to try Zaros and Celestine? Not much rhyme or reason to it just something a bit different, I've wanted to do random penpals for a bit/use my other school students more. Probably either Yuelia/Emrys or Oz/Airen for the other for the moment, whichever character you have more muse for.
sure! i could start zaros and celestine?

And maybe... yuelia/emrys, since they're about to graduate?

Hey Camille! I have one for you! Feel free to decline it if you wish!

For Miranda i’d like to offer Fiona for you - I think they had like one or two threads together but I’d be keen so put them in a thread together again and see what happens? I’m not sure if Fiona would be interested in the whole mean thing so maybe eventually once Fiona starts to see that mean streak there could be drama there maybe?

Again, feel free to decline the offer!

@Professor Elvera Le Fey - yes to Hugo and Oz, like I said to Emzies the boy needs more guy friends! And definitely down for a Hugo and Miranda thread, maybe something in the Monthly getting to know each other a bit? Happy to start with that one since they'll need to actually interact a bit (and also I'll message you on discord about meeting ideas lol)
sounds good. Maybe start with Hugo and Miranda talking about hm stuff. And then maybe add the other in in a couple of weeks if that works for you?

@Ruto Vernier-Raison - definitely down for Oz and Ruto, I really like Ruto and would be keen for them to do stuff! And yes to Violet and Miranda, I feel like there's potential for an awkward split down the middle in that dorm. Or maybe Violet will just have found Miranda's trying hard to be nice annoying, up to you really. But I'm keen to throw both these pairs together to see what happens. Would you like me to start one and you start the other?

Sorry took me a bit, but
Yes, very happy for this!

I have jumped the gun and started the topic for Ruto and Oz if you want to start something for Violet and Miranda. The link to the topic I started is here: https://hogwarts.nz/threads/a-brand-new-energy.122126/

@Poppy Perkins - Down for Leah to ask Yuelia advice and probably be weirded out by how socially awkward and nervous she is, lol. Definitely keen for Oz and Santiago buddies, more guy friendships (and the two of them having no idea how they got this far is sweet lol). Though a short thread with Leah trying to 'convince' Michael to let Cyrus on the team would definitely be fun if you're keen.
The later ideas are all good to me, I could certainly see Audrey getting an actual embarrassing crush on Oskar and making more of an idiot of herself and getting her heart broken :r Same with Leah and Dahlia and maybe entertaining it and it just ending up a bit awkward just for some drama, maybe those more around the Yule Ball or something?
Pretend this isn't super late lol

But yay, I think Leah trying to 'convince' Michael sounds like the clearest thread idea so maybe we can start with that and one other thread, maybe Oz and Santiago? And we can take note of the other ideas to do a bit later?

@Amber Chou Wilson - 👀 maybe Miranda and Vanity can overhear the other and get involved gossiping or something, tentative alliance struck. I feel like if Miranda does inevitably blow up at Elise/Briony/Lucy, Hazel is going to be lumped in that group because of the friendship there and that could go sour haha. But keen for some mean girl gossip with Vanity for a start!
So sorry for not responding to this earlier, I like this idea a lot but I missed it in all the PD stuff atm :unsure:am very happy to focus on Miranda and Vanity for now (though also interested in the other plot so will keep an eye out for her blowing up :r )

Do you want to start it or should I? I think Vanity might have a bit more of a mean reputation than Miranda does if that helps.

Belated response, sorry! I am very slowly catching up and getting to the promised threads.

@Chloe Thompson for Chase
@Amodeus Jones for Emrys

@Samantha Jacobs that could be fun! She's still mostly nice at the moment I think she's just going to have her nerves fray a bit and it cause her to just be meaner until we get to the inevitable burn book :lol:

@Poppy Perkins I left this so late sorry that I couldn't actually end up squeezing Cyrus onto the team (and feel terrible about it) but still up for something with Oz and Santiago, he's next on my list of catchup posting so I can start something there?

@Amber Chou Wilson I'm happy either way, I can start something of Miranda seeking her out perhaps?

Sounds good! I’d love to put them together and see where it goes, but Fiona would defs not be keen on the mean stuff, so potential drama would be interesting after a while when Fiona notices it and such, but that drama can be saved for later 🤭 but for now, we can have them on friendly terms? Did you wanna start something or shall i?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back