Open A Fergusson-Hensel Reception

Fraser took one of the bombs that auntie Liusaidh had given him and looked to the girl who had joined them. Though he'd never met her before he gave a wide and toothy grin before nodding. "Ye throw it on the ground," his english had a heavy scottish accent, not unlike the rest of the family and he threw the confetti bomb away from them, though it didn't go very far and it exploded into pretty colours. He ran towards the now falling confetti and was giggle excited as he tried to grab some of the pieces out of the air.

Rory thought about the question as his gaze moved towards Aonghas. His brother's new wife was walking away and perhaps now was the time to go over to him, there wasn't anyone else speaking to him, his parents were elsewhere speaking to some other couple, and Rory knew he needed to at least thank him for the invite and hope that his brother didn't hate him. Rory had never kept in touch at first because it had been painful but after it had just felt pointless. "I should, at least thank him..." Rory said slowly, he appreciated how loving and supportive she was being to him in this moment, but he gave a little nod, "Let's go over to him, say some quick hello's and then make our own fun," Rory imagined that Aonghas wouldn't want to take to him, wouldn't want to say anything to him, but he had to at least be polite. He lightly squeezed Therese's hand and then moved to walk over to his brother, closing the not too long distance and giving Aonghas a nervous smile, "Hey, congratulations, and thanks for the invite.." he started awkwardly, unable to really phrase it much better but just looking at the lines of his brother's face trying to see from them what the last few years of his brother's life had been and hoping that he was truly happy with Katia, with this arrangement.
@Therese Rosenberg

Misha laughed lightly, this wasn't what he'd expected but it wasn't completely horrible either. He just shrugged, "Did you know that Professor Styx really rudely didn't invite me to his last wedding?" he said in a joking tone. He took a sip of his drink and just shrugged, before glancing round at everything, "It'll end up being I know more of these people that you do. In fact, my daughter's even here, she'd talked about this function she had with her boyfriend, but turns out it was this," he joked, "I'm glad I could be of company, even if I fear I may have to teach a married teen next year, it was his sister that set off that glitter bomb in your office wasn't it?"
@Professor Lydia Drage

Natalia nodded as Tilly talked about the professor, who was her cousin. She had thought she kept her expression neutral, but Tilly made a comment that made it clear she had noticed something about her expression. Natalia felt her cheeks head up slightly, and she quickly shook her head. "I didn't say anything." She said quickly, glancing around to see if anyone was nearby enough to hear. If her parents got the idea she was speaking badly about professors, especially one invited to this wedding, she knew she'd be in trouble. Natalia nodded, happy to move on to the topic of Quidditch instead. "I do. I have been considering trying out next year." She admitted, though it had more to do with her loneliness than with a love for the sport.

@Tilly Drage

Isadora grinned as the girl said they were confetti bombs. They sounded like something she hadn't expected at all at a stuffy event like this, and she knew immediately her mother wouldn't approve. But if she saw Isadora spending time with the Fergusson kids, she couldn't be angry. "That's awesome!" She said excitedly. As the boy threw one, Isadora clapped and grinned. "Thanks for explaining." She told the young boy kindly, then she grabbed one for herself and laughed with glee as she threw it, aiming for somewhat close to the boy, as he seemed to enjoy the falling confetti a lot.

@Liusaidh Fergusson

Coming to the wedding of her best friend was something special, but also difficult. Lauren didn't knew what she felt or not felt. He was her best friend, but he was also the person she cared about deeply. Lauren had never knew love, but was confused about if this was just an friendship to her. But she needed to get that out of her head. She needed to be there for him, and congratulate him. She didn't knew Katia that well but she was very beautiful she seemed confident and smart and all. Everything she was not. And she was an pureblood. The blonde walked around and went to get an drink. She wasn't very relax being in public and all, it wasn't that her dad would come here. But she didn't liked to come outside, what if her dad all knew what she was about to do and planning with the headmistress from Hogwarts. But she tried to not think too much about that. After getting her drink she tried to spot Aonghas. But ofcourse he was busy with all the people who were for him or his wife. It sounded strange wife and stuff. She frowned as she spotted Therese with Aonghas, her cousin was here as well? She seemed to be with the boy who was standing with Aonghas. She wasn't paying attention and wanted to move an bit in the direction of Aonghas so that he could notice her. Almost bumping into an woman. '' Oh I'm sorry!'' she said as she was just in time to prevent her drink to spill over someone. Than noticing it was the bride herself who seemed to be on her way to someone. '' Congratulations.. '' She didn't knew if Katia knew who she was or had seen her before. It wasn't like she was talking to much people at Hogwarts and when she was still there. '' I'm Lauren. An good friend of your.. uh husband.''
@Katia Hensel

Elliot had never been to a wedding. At least not a big, proper one like this. He knew pureblood families could be extensive, but there were a lot of well-dressed and important people here and Elliot was starting to sweat. He was glad Alice was here with him, pleased for any excuse to spend time with her before he had to head back to school without her this year. He was also pretty sure he'd spotted Lauren and Cyzarine around here, along with Mikhail, and Elliot wondered if he could find them again to say hello. He knew he needed to at least go congratulate Aonghas and Katia, as awkward as it was to think he was already married and done with school. It was like Aonghas was on a whole new life level Elliot didn't know how to relate to any more and the idea of trying to talk to him and his wife felt overwhelming.

"This is.. a lot, Nice. But a lot," he said quietly to Alice, keeping a tight hold of her hand as they milled quietly around the reception. "I feel like we should be doing something but I have no idea what," he added, trying to gauge what the other guests were doing. He supposed he could get a drink, he'd turned 17 just after the school year had ended, but he was worried that would add even another layer of this weird game of pretend adult he felt like they were all playing by being here. @Alice Holland

Brooke had been thrilled to be invited to what was probably one of the social events of the year. She'd asked her parents for new dress robes just for the occasion and was doing her best not to fuss with them as she excused herself from the table once the reception was in full swing. She'd spotted Liusaidh earlier, causing a ruckus as usual, and while Brooke knew she should definitely go thank her for the invite, she wanted to put it off until she was doing something that maybe involved a lower chance of Brooke leaving the party covered in confetti.

Instead, she made a beeline for Natalia, spotting her talking to Tilly Drage of all people. Tilly had a bit of a reputation herself at school, and Brooke was curious to see if she acted as roughly out of school as in. "Natalia, Tilly, hey, you both look nice. I didn't know you could dress up in anything other than Quidditch robes, Tilly," Brooke said brightly, joining the two girls. @Natalia Novak @Tilly Drage

Therese hold her boyfriends hand and could almost feel his nerves and emotions. Rory had been acting all tough and all but she was the only person who could see how he really felt. That was in her opionion at least. Her parents had to get used to him at first, but after an while he was part of the family, and he was always welcome there. Therese wished for Rory the same with his own family, she would not give up at least. She saw Rory looking in Aonghas his way and than looked at him. She nodded as he said he had to think his brother. '' I'm sure he would be pleased with that. And seeing you.'' She than said sweet and supportive. Therese smiled as Rory said they were actually doing it. She was proud of him, and hoped this would turn out good. She walked along with Rory and than came to Aonghas. She smiled as they arrived. She kept silent for an moment, so that Aonghas could have an change to react. She was not important now. Introductions could wait.
@Rory Fergusson @Aonghas Fergusson

It seemed that Aonghas didn't need to approach his brother as, his brother approached him. He looked between Rory and the girl whose hand he was holding. He could tell his brother had changed, he could see the lines of stress on his face, the way he was holding himself, this wasn't the same sort of person that he'd grown up with. Perhaps that was for the better, he stole a glance to Liusaidh and had to admit that their family wasn't particularly good at raising children. Bonnie and Graeme were the best adjusted of all of them, and perhaps there was something to that. He wasn't sure why he seemed so nervous, and Aonghas shook his head. He felt a moment of anticipation before he just moved and wrapped his arms around Rory in a tight hug, and strangely for the elements which had changed, the feeling of hugging his brother hadn't.

Rory had been nervous about Aonghas' reaction and more so as a moment of silence passed over them, but Aonghas hugged him, and in an instant Rory's arms were around Aonghas, letting go of Therese's hand and tightly holding his brother back. He whispered a small apology into his brother ear but held him tightly. He had missed him, worried for him, hoped that he would manage. He wanted to apologise for all he had done to put this situation in motion, for leaving, for not writing, and he hoped that he could express this in a hug. After a few moments passed which his grip and his brother's seemed to get tighter he was finally able to pull away. He reached out and kept a hand on his brother's shoulder. "I missed you so much, I miss home so much. I'm so sorry, I didn't want this to happen to you," Rory said in rapid gaelic, his voice shaking as he was rather overcome with emotions. "You're happy right? You want this?" he knew it was probably wrong of him to ask when he knew the consequences of not, but he hoped his brother was happy. Rory then motioned to Therese, "This is Therese, I think you guys knew each other a bit. She's my girlfriend. Therese this is Aonghas, my not so little, little brother," he revert to english to introduce the pair to each other though he was sure they already knew who the other was.
@Therese Rosenberg

Therese believed in the good of people and in piece and people getting along again after an harsh time. So when Rory let go of her hand and Aonghas started to hug Rory without saying something she almost felt tears in her eyes. She took an moment to give the brothers their moment of reunion. She didn't understood a lot of what they were saying in their language together, but she figured Rory didn't understood her Swedish as well. But it seemed all nice what they were telling eachother. And the smile stayed on her face of seeing Rory like this. When Rory than mentioned her she came standing next to him and smiled at Rory and than looking at Aonghas. Putting out her hand in Aonghas his direction to introduce herself. '' Hi Aonghas. Nice to meet you. Congratulations, you wife looks stunning.'' She than said friendly and looked at Rory with an smile. '' I'm very glad to see you like this together. Rory is been missing you.'' She than said and figured she could speak for him as well. She was proud of Rory, he could be stubborn sometimes but this was just what he wanted as well. She gave him an kiss on his cheek and smiled, looking back at Aonghas.
@Aonghas Fergusson @Rory Fergusson

The idea of attending a wedding of two people her own age wasn't sitting right with Alice. They were seventeen, and Aonghas should be returning to school with them. But she knew pureblood customs could be backwards and old fashioned, an opinion she was trying her best to keep of her face as she arrived at the reception on Elliot's arm. Marriages that were arranged between pureblood families were nothing short of barbaric in Alice's eyes, and she knew her mother was trying to put a stop to these traditions. She could only hope Aonghas and Katia were happy, though she couldn't see how they could be without getting a choice in who they were marrying. Especially this young. "It is certainly a lot." Alice said to Elliot as she squeezed his hand, forcing a smile. "What we should be doing is try to enjoy this." She said, glancing around. "And try to ignore how weird it all is." She added under her breath. But really, marrying at seventeen was bizarre.

@Elliot Briar

In all honesty he didn't want to let go of his brother, it had been a good five or six years since he'd last seen him and it felt like a lifetime. He had lost interest in all his hobbies as he'd become singularly focused on this goal, but it was here now, and he was one step closer to preventing from them having to repeat history. He had once been angry with Rory's choice but he understood it now more than ever, the weight of what this decision meant, and he knew he did in part love Katia, he'd gotten lucky with it, he could only imagine the scottish girls that his parents would've been parading him in front of. He remember the summer when Rory had decided against it, the pureblood families at the house, he remember how terrified he'd been during the argument. He hadn't really told anyone about what had happened, and never told Rory about how it had made him feel. There had been no time. Immediately out his brothers his arms he wanted to just go back. He wanted to know how Rory had been, how he had managed during these years. His gaze remained steeled on Rory's and he was glad for the hand remaining on his shoulder and the rapid gaelic, Rory had lost some of the accent when he spoke it which reminded Aonghas of how much time it had been since Rory had spoken it properly. "You never wrote back once!" he said, his tone wasn't nearly as annoyed and he just wanted to know in part why he hadn't written, "Katia and I agreed to this, we wanted this, trust me brother, this is the best outcome and it'll be the end of it. You can come home," he assured him rapidly, reaching up and lightly squeezing his arm on his shoulder.

Aonghas had almost forgotten about the girl, but he looked towards her and gave a little smile. He reached out and took her hand, he remembered her from quidditch, she'd been good. He wasn't sure how they had ended up together but he was happy if his brother was happy. "It's nice tae meet ye Therese. Katia certainly has the beauty ae our union," he nodded in agreement. He looked at his brother as she repeated unknowingly what Rory had said, and smiled, "Liusaidh and ah missed him dearly. Ye'll come visit right? Rory can show ye where we grew up? Mum and dad have decided to take some time away, they'll be going to Harris fae a while," Aonghas was asking this in english and mostly towards Therese because he was sure he'd have a better chance of persuading Rory to come home if Therese was there and if he knew that the parents wouldn't be. He gave Rory a smile, "Right I need to keep doing rounds but, we should make arrangements," He looked between them both, feeling reassured that he could come back to them and be able to relax more knowing that had gone well.

Liusaidh was pretty pleased with how happy Fraser seemed to be with the confetti bombs, and the girl seemed do the same with him, which made Fraser seemingly more giggly, "Yer Natalia's sister right?" she said before pointing to where Natalia and Tilly were standing with Brooke and she giggle lightly, "Why dinnae we grab a couple and go throw them at them, gee them a wee scare, maybe then they'll have some fun," Liusaidh said, she thought it would be funny to scare the three if they could. She was less interested in dragging Fraser along with that, "Fraser, go to uncle Aonghas," she instructed the boy in gaelic, and he needed no prompting to immediately run through the crowd in search of Liusaidh's brother. "What dae ye say?" Liusaidh switch back to english for this girl, "Either that or we could take some ae the flowers that are droppin' they're just maer delicate?"
@Isadora Novak

The point about never writing back was valid and Rory just shrugged. At the very least Aonghas didn't seem too pressured into this, but they were at the event and so surrounded by family that it was probably a bit unavoidable to have to be positive. He shook his head a little at the last statement, he wasn't sure he could yet. Aonghas might've forgiven him, but his parents hadn't. He wanted to go back, at least to be able to see the place again and be able to take more part in Aonghas' new family and with Fraser, there were always stabs of jealousy when he heard Graeme talking about Fraser and the others playing together. He was glad to have Therese by him and gave a little smile as she said as much as he had really. He knew he'd been lucky with her, and her patience, he knew she had noticed the tear in his life where his family had once been. For all of the wrong that they had, their beliefs, in their treatment of others, in their elitism, they were still his family sometimes he just missed the sound of accents like his own. He frowned at Aonghas invited them to the home, knowing why he as saying this in english with Therese able to understand. "We'll think about it," he said quickly but nodded, moving to let his brother go and mingle more and just turned to Therese. This hadn't gone as well as he had believed but he just took her hand and gripped it lightly. "I need to sit down and then a drink," his emotions left him feeling a little unsure and he just wanted to sit calmly and recoup himself a little.
@Therese Rosenberg

Fraser loved the confetti, and the other girl set it one off next to him too. He giggled so contently watching the pretty pieces of coloured paper fall. He was distracted as Liusaidh told him to go find uncle Aonghas, and really Fraser didn't need to be told twice. He had barely gotten to see Uncle Aonghas with everything else going on. He raced around the different people as fast as his legs would carry him until he spotted him, "Uncle Aonghas!" he immediately ran towards him and jumped in his arms not really giving the man much of a choice.

The corners of Tilly’s mouth turned up as Natalia tried to backtrack. Oh, well, it wasn’t a big deal to Tilly. Lydia was a hard potion to swallow. Tilly was more than content to switch to the subject of Quidditch. “Yeah? What position are you thinking?” Tilly knew that making a spot on the Slytherin team would be quite the feat- they were competitive and undefeated. She just hoped Hufflepuff could turn things around next year so they weren’t in dead last place.

Speaking of- Tilly swore she just saw Elliot out of the corner of her eye. Did she need to be on her best behavior even over break? Not that she was raring to get into any more fights. She subconsciously shrank a little and tipped back her punch. Her parents, especially her dad, had been so disappointed with her.

Tilly turned, lightening up as Brooke addressed her. They’d been in the SDA together last year, although they hadn’t spoken much. “Thanks. Quidditch robes are more comfortable than regular clothes,” she joked.

@Natalia Novak @Brooke Townsend

Olivia smiled back at Ernie, smoothing down the ruffles of her uncharacteristically fancy gown. “It is,” she said, taking a breath, hoping she hadn’t gone and overwhelmed him. “I like your jacket.” She’d managed to introduce Ernie to Lydia and Tilly so far. Her two meathead brothers were off doing their own thing.

“Literally? Hundreds,” Olivia replied. Trying to count all of her Styx and Zhefarovich cousins in her head would make her dizzy. Not that she knew most of them, even their names. “Mom- raised us away from all of this,” she said.

Olivia pointed out Kalif, who was far away, but entirely visible, looking serious as ever and making rounds with his wife Jacqueline. “That’s my grandfather, Dad’s dad,” she explained, “think he’s had like… fifteen children.” She couldn’t help making a face as she said it. “Want a cocktail?”

@Ernie Wilder

Lydia snorted when Misha complained about not being invited to Kalif’s last wedding. “I bet that was boring, too,” she quipped, “can’t imagine you missed much.” Since Kalif and Jacqueline had married several years before, Lydia hadn’t been invited, either. Lydia nodded when Misha mentioned that Cyzarine was attending. It was easy to forget that Misha had a daughter. “She’s a seventh year soon, right?”

Lydia’s nose wrinkled when Misha mentioned Liusaidh. She’d been keeping an eye on the red-haired hellion all evening, wanting to avoid being the victim of her next prank. “The very same,” Lydia said, still feeling salty about the glitter she had found in her cups of tea all semester.

@Professor Misha Haden

Aonghas had begun walking away from Rory and Therese when he heard the familiar voice of his nephew. He looked down and spotted him. He opened his arms and caught the boy as he jumped into them. He pressed a kiss to his forehead and then glanced around. He shifted the boy to sit on his hip and he felt himself smile as the child leaned his head on his shoulder. "Shall we say hello to more people?" he asked the young boy, and he glanced around. He spotted Lauren talking to Katia and decided to not interrupt that. Aonghas spotted his old dormmate and his girlfriend. Aonghas decided to go speak to them. "Elliot, Alice," he approached them with a warm tone. Despite everything he was more relaxed than usual. "Thanks for coming," he said sincerely. He knew this probably wasn't a good thing in their eyes but it was happening.
@Alice Holland @Elliot Briar

Ernie smiled and relaxed a little when Olivia pointed out his jacket. “Thanks.” he said and tugged at his sleeves. He was glad she thought he looked ok while she looked amazing. He tried to talk himself down from his growing discomfort by telling himself that it was just a wedding, a totally normal wedding. He was doing a pretty good job of it until she answered his question. “Hundreds?” he asked in a strangled voice, slightly louder than he intended and he whipped his head around to see if anyone heard him. Ernie was fairly certain he could count his blood relatives on a single hand, and most of them were either dead, estranged, or at the very least in America. He had met Olivia’s sister and niece, who both seemed delightful but he got the sense that wasn’t the case for all of them. “I see.” he said with a fake sense of ease as he looked around the reception at all of the guests, and swallowed when Olivia pointed out her grandfather. He was a severe looking older man that made Ernie reach for his collar again. “Busy guy.” he blurted out, not knowing if the joke would be appreciated but he couldn’t help it. The idea of fifteen children was making his head spin slightly. “Yes please.” he answered quickly as he took Olivia’s hand gently and started to lead her over to the bar. @Olivia Drage

Elliot let out an amused huff when Alice said they should be enjoying themselves. He hadn’t really realized he was on edge enough to probably classify as not having fun and made a conscious effort to at least relax his shoulders. “I kinda kept hoping he’d change his mind and come back to school,” he admitted to Alice quietly, not wanting any of the more ‘traditional’ party guests to hear the comment. “But I guess this for uh. Keeps,” Elliot settled on.

It helped the Alice found the whole thing a bit weird too, getting married so young, leaving school to take over the family business. When Elliot spotted Aonghas heading their way with a kid on his hip as well he nearly balked, blinking a few times to assure himself that it was probably a young family member. “Hey, yeah, thanks for inviting us. And uh, congratulations. Right?” he said, glancing at Alice briefly before back at Aonghas. “You look… Happy,” he settled on, giving Aonghas a small but fond smile. And it was true. Aonghas did look more at ease than he had at school. Elliot still didn’t know how he felt about all this, but maybe at least leaving school really was what was best for Aonghas. @Alice Holland @Aonghas Fergusson

“Sorry if it’s a bit much,” Olivia said, smiling apologetically as she took in Ernie’s reaction, “should’ve invited you to a Drage thing first.” At the very least, Ernie had met a few of the other Drages at Ilvermorny, Erik, probably Christian, and perhaps others, which would have made things much easier. Oh, well, the damage was already done. “I take it your family’s not this intimidating?”

Olivia snorted loudly, turning red with amusement at Ernie’s joke. It was lucky she hadn’t been drinking at the moment, or she would have choked. She only wished her grandfather had been within earshot. Her stomach was still hitching with laughter when Ernie took her hand and guided her to the bar. “Ooh, I’d love a Paloma, please,” she asked of the bartender, wondering what Ernie would order.

@Ernie Wilder

Alice hadn't exactly expected Aonghas to approach them so quickly, with how many people there were to greet. He was carrying a young boy Alice guessed was a cousin, or even a sibling. He looked around Lucy's age. "Hi Aonghas." Alice said, feeling a little worried about him. But she wasn't close enough to Aognhas to say anything about it, so she didn't. "Congratulations." Alice said, forcing a smile even though she definitely felt conflicted about this. "I wish you two all the best." She added, holding onto Elliot closely. In a different life, maybe she would have been married at this age too. It was a strange and alarming thought. Alice was confident she loved Elliot, but even with that, she couldn't imagine being married to him. It sounded so stifling, and Alice looked at Aonghas with pity even though she tried to hide it.

@Aonghas Fergusson @Elliot Briar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back