Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
12 and a half inches willow with unicorn hair
Trophy Showcase:
Hi guys!!

As you know, each month we like to draw attention to, congratulation and dole out some well-earned props by spotlighting a character who we feel deserves some recognition, whether it be for their excellent biography, or character development, or to highlight the hard work that goes into creating these characters. This month, our deserving spotlighted character is the wonderful Therese Rosenberg, roleplayed by Jamie! You can read Therese's brilliantly detailed bio here, or check out her Character Development or her Relationships thread!

As per, we asked Jamie a couple of questions...

What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?

I was shocked haha! I didn't suspected it at all. So it was a nice suprise when I opened the messenge! And since Therese is leaving Hogwarts NZ.. since she graduated sadly. I love the moment where you picked her.. It's really cool! I am happy haha.

What was the inspiration for your character?

Well I wanted to create a Hufflepuff at first thought. And ofcourse we all have images of how a person in a house should be or act. But not that much anymore glady sometimes! Like the typical Slytherin or Ravenclaw. But Therese was my first Hufflepuff and I really wanted one! I just had an idea in mind of a girl that is so positive and doesn't feel hate or negative feelings towards anyone. Like a too good to be true person. A person to light up a room and help others when needed. Even if someone makes mistakes or act unkind or do stuff that 'normal' people don't. I learned in my studies (pedagogics) to look at a situation from different perspectives and I wanted to take that to Therese. And there she was! And I really loved creating her and letting her interact with people.

What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?

I really have to say the ones with Rory Fergusson. And if you know Therese a bit, you can say what he?! Rory was not the most easy person people would now. But I still take that as a great example of how unplanned plots or rp's can go. It was just a topic where Therese went to buy her wand at Ollivanders. And she and Rory met and Emzies and I never had spoken of the two before. But it was just magic to me. The connection between the two and how sweet Therese just showed interest in Rory who was just doing his job. When I think of it, it gives me a smile on my face.

What is your favourite aspect of your character?

Well for sure how sweet she is and how positive she looks at the world and people. Like for example to a criminal that done the worst things in life she would still see him or her as a person with feelings and would ask herself what happend to him/her that he became this way? Ofcourse she doesn't like it when people are hurt, but she would not judge someone easily in a negative way. I love her positivity!

Your least favourite aspect?

I think her positive way of looking can also make her a bit naive. And she can be a bit unrealistic too. I am more of a realistic thinker sometimes. But she dreams of a future with peace in the world. It's not that I don't like this from her. But I can look a bit different. I can't name a thing I don't actually like from her other than the different thinking we both have I guess.

If you could meet your character in real life would you want to?

For sure! I am a positive person mostly, but I can be thinking negative easily as well. I can be influenced by others easily. And I guess with a person like Therese close to you, you have a sunshine next to you to cheer you up.

What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?

I think I can create interesting backstories or think out of the box in some situations. Like with Lauren and her abuse. From my own experiances out of my studies and how people and especially children behave in certain situations I can make behavior of my students realistic. It's not a nice backstory. But I can say that I am a drama lover, so interesting backstories and human behavior I like to play out. Seeking out playby's is also a strength of my I guess. I just like that. By looking at someones face you sometimes just have a feeling like, this is where I am going for.

Your weakness?

Sometimes I want to much. And than I forget that I have more students and people get neglected. Or things I had inside of my mind go differently and than I have to improvise. And I think just as with Therese and Rory I pointed out earlier I want that more. I plan a lot of stuff usually. I can let things go more, and see how things turn out.

What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?

Choose a playby where you feel something with. Like I look at a actor or singer and try to picture something with. Just name a few personality traits and don't plan to much in detail! Sometimes just by doing lessons or meeting others you find out how someone would respond.

What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?

One Word: SORTING!!! And seeing all new characters come to life and yeah I love that time. Also a fresh start for me to pick up where I left with some characters.

What is your favourite part of HNZ?

For sure the community. I love to make idea's together and see how creative people can be. I like to SKYPE and talk about plots or just vague idea's or stuff in life. Also it's so good for my english. I am not the best at it sometimes. But it's been really good for me. Thanks!

CONGRATULATIONS JAMIE!!! :wub:

~Maia :maia:
(On behalf of the site staff)

Amber Chou Wilson

💗 Friendly | Gladrags Shopkeeper | 2048 Grad💗

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual (Ainsley)
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Jamie!! Well deserved ^_^

Stanislaw Kurek

Orphan | Rule Breaker

OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Sturdy Reed Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congratulations Jamie!

Elliot Briar

American | Softie | Nervous™

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats, Jamie! Good to see more puffs getting back in the spotlight :r

Samuel Phillips

Part-Veela | Artist | Scrivenshafts Owner

OOC First Name
Annaleise
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2" Flexible Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Jamie :party:

Emmy Cooper

OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Trophy Showcase:
YAY congrats Jamie!!!!

Wendall Layton

🤡 “star”; horror fan; loves candy; ghost hunter 🤡

OOC First Name
Pheeb
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Curved 16 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Trophy Showcase:
A new Dolores! Ahaha Claire you’re welcome

Chloe Thompson

½ French ☆ Astrophile ☆ Dancer

OOC First Name
Marijke
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
???
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Larch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Trophy Showcase:
Yasss Jamie, love Therese!

Therese Rosenberg

Keeper at Woolongong Warriors | Sweetheart

OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Leif
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Swishy Alder Wand with Mermaid Scale
Trophy Showcase:
Thanks guys :hug:

April Ward

🌟Energetic | 2050 Grad | Dancer🌟

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual (Norton)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Whippy Dogwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Trophy Showcase:
Question, was any part of Therese's development over the year unexpected to you? Something you didn't plan?

Evelyn Manning

👗 Owner of 'EVELYN' Fashionbrand & Model Agency

OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Lucas
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Trophy Showcase:
Question, was any part of Therese's development over the year unexpected to you? Something you didn't plan?

Thanks for your question Daph! Well for sure! For example I never had thought about her trying out for quidditch or even play it. And now she will make her work of it. But it just happend and the position of keeper fitted her. There was just an opportunity and when she was selected for the team she started to like it a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)