14th Birthday Werewolf!!

I love a ghost.
Well, I'm going to make a table since there's not much else to do day 1.

Role:Character:Role:Character
Wolf:Underdog
Wolf:Coward
Dire WolfVillager:
Ghost:CyndiVillager:
Governor:Villager:
Traitor:Villager:
Seer:Villager:
Guardian:Villager:
Fool:Villager:
Villager:

I THINK those numbers are right, but somebody double-check me.

Edited because I realised that there would be a nineteenth role because the ghost has another role on top of being the ghost.

Last edited:
Always so hard in the beginning. :oy: Lovi is not voting for anyone yet.

With the randomized lynching I do think it's important for us to vote for someone before the day is up, though I'm not ready to pick anyone right this second.

I love the ghost role, but it is a pain that there's no real information from the first death :(

@Elliot Briar I think she's allowed to speak one letter today, yes?

Oh nooo Cyndi D: Much as I hate to say so, I do agree with Daph about choosing someone to lynch. We've learned from previous games that not lynching only gets us less people and no information to go on.

If I'm understanding correctly, the underdog will have taken on whatever role Cyndi was originally, which is interesting. If Cyndi had a helpful role it'd be good to still have that around.

I have some other thoughts but I'll hold on to them for now because they're paranoid ones and I don't want to be the first to start throwing around names xD

I'm hoping Cyndi can throw us a bone to help us pick something for the first round :/

Well Cyndi has pretty much as much information to go on as we do right now, unless she was a seer and saw a wolf before they killed her. (Even then, that would be a risky thing to tell us, because she could just as easily have been a fool) One thing she could tell us is what her role was before she died, so we'll know what the underdog became. Since there aren't any roles in this game who are on the wolves side without the wolves knowing their identity, there's no chance she's lying to us to defend team wolf. Beyond that though, I don't think she can offer any more guidance about who to lynch than anyone still alive in the game.

Hmm, I agree with Rowan. Could Cyndi's 'V' be telling us what her role was?? Maybe a villager, only because it's the only role starting with a v? xD Just a thought, but it could be helpful

Yep, I'm pretty sure Cyndi was telling us she was a villager. It was the most likely option given how many there are, which means our underdog will have become another villager as well.

So, to update Maia's table

Role:Character:Role:Character
Wolf:Underdog (Villager)
Wolf:Coward
Dire WolfVillager:Cyndi
Ghost:CyndiVillager:
Governor:Villager:
Traitor:Villager:
Seer:Villager:
Guardian:Villager:
Fool:Villager:
Villager:

Legit question here, but is there a benefit to the Villagers by voting on the first day vs a random lynching? I feel like voting early only enables the wolves to pick off folks whereas a random lynching is equally likely to get a wolf right?
The role get revealed either way doesn't it?

The benefit comes later on. By looking back and analysing early lynchings and who suggested/voted for whom it can become possible to pick up on a wolf from their voting pattern. It's valuable information the surviving players won't have later if there aren't any early votes.

That's also why everyone's so hesitant to name anyone right now, because pointing fingers at innocent people by accident could easily come back to bite them in the future.

Hopefully this isn't a mistake to mention, but I can at least say for now that I trust Maia 👀

You can only trust yourself this early in the game :p

Interesting. If you're team village, that seems like an insanely risky thing to say. Could conceivably be a wolf gambit, but again, a risky one.

This creates a dilemma, because we could vote to put that to the test, and risk Kris being correct and losing likely two innocent people at once, at least one of whom is potentially quite valuable. Or, we could wait and see what the wolves do tonight, and either they go for Kris and we lose someone innocent who could potentially be valuable, or they don't, which substantially raises my suspicions of both Kris and Maia. (Or the guardian guards Kris and either keeps her alive or we lose our guardian) OR, now that I've said that, the wolves could leave Kris alone tonight, and make us lynch a potentially valuable player ourselves out of the assumption that they're a wolf. Or Kris was just making an offhanded guess and I've thought myself around in circles over nothing.

I always wind up trying to play this game four steps ahead and never getting anywhere in the present moment, but Kris I'd estimate you've given yourself max one night left to live. Anyone with less of a chess brain wanna weigh in on what they're inclined to do?

Damn it Jesse commented while I was rambling, which brings me to a completely unrelated thought I had earlier. I'm always suspicious when Jesse survives night one (sorry Jesse but you know what happened last time I trusted you in this game 👀 ) Either someone just wanted to give him a chance to actually play for once, he's a wolf, or the wolves are majority people who haven't played before/recently (which looking at the list would be Kris, Annabelle, Deniss, Harleigh, Marga, and possibly Clara) I'm not willing to vote for anyone based on that alone, but it's been on my mind for certain.

I wrote all this up and have been staring at it debating whether or not to actually post for 10 minutes instead of getting lunch so I'm just gonna throw it all out there and go make a sandwich 🤷‍♂️ welcome to Rowan's Werewolf Essays That Take 1000 Words To Say Absolutely Nothing 2019 Edition

I'm immediately suspicious of any of the players who have more experience, which does put Rowan on top of my list, but there's also a lot of quiet folks still which is suspicious.
I have my reasons for saying things but I also very well might have put a huge target on myself and Maia (sorry Maia) so we'll see.
No risk glory I guess

I'm curious about why you're more suspicious of more experienced players... we're no more likely to have been randomly selected as wolves than you are. The game having started differently to the last what... 3 or 4 we've played (bar the game when Jesse was a wolf) isn't insignificant though (though as I mentioned, it could easily just be wolves wanting to let Jesse participate for once.) that's the reason I've got an eye on newer players. (Though now that I think about it, that is the exact kind of thing Daphne would have done to psych Me out Personally so at this point who even knows)

I'm aware I have a tendency to talk way too much and jam my own foot down my throat in these games, but if you've got concrete reason to suspect me beyond just having experience and being excited to play, I'd be keen to hear them :p

I'm not always bad =))
To be fair I do think I make for a good Ghost, so anyone with experience might not have wanted me to die first, because then I'd still be an "active" player in the game. It could also be that the wolves are majority newer players, or it could be the total opposite, in that they're experienced players who don't want to show that fact by killing me/other notably experienced players off on night one (I at first would go for someone like Claire to take out the competition early, but to avoid being predictable I can't always do that whenever I'm a wolf :lol: )

I've also been thinking and wanted to say that since Cyndi didn't have a Special role (Being a Villager), the Underdog shouldn't reveal themselves as taking up her old role. From the standpoint of the village and not knowing who is who, even if you did reveal yourself we wouldn't know if we could trust that claim, but from a wolves point of view, it would give them someone to avoid targeting so that they can focus on the major support roles (Guard/Seer/etc) that are often crucial to the town winning

Oh wow, so much to read as I haven't been online for few hours. I agree that definitely someone suspicious should be picked, either a very experienced player or exactly opposite - non-experienced, hoping not to kill a random person, leaving us with less people. And I'm really interested now what has happened in the previous games as a lot of you are mentioning Jesse

Lol Kris, it’s fine I never last very long in werewolf xD

But I would advise also that early on there’s no way you can know who’s on-side and who’s not, generally you’ll start to notice later in the game, and you’ll see as we go on, people will present their theories as to why the lunching/killing pattern goes the way it does.

I don’t really mistrust/trust anyone at the minute so am going to do the classic random number generator for day one.
I got number 7 so I vote to lynch Chante Ateara. (Sorry Madz)

Sorry for double posting, saw Deniss’ post.?
I don’t think there’s anything to do on day one but vote for a random person, the whole pattern only gets set off once one person is dead, there’s no real pattern to vote from on day one so we have to set it in motion, and there’s not really a logical way to do that yet.

True, Maia. First day is always the most random, can't wait to see where it will go from that.

I also vote for Madz then, if you say that you random generated number and I'm too lazy to do that too. (Sorry!)

Jesse is definitely correct about the underdog not showing their hand. I've messed up in a previous game by announcing I was a villager early on, and wound up the second to last active team village player still alive, long after we'd lost all the useful roles. Because forum play is extremely longform, it's absolutely the best strategy for nobody to claim roles until very late in the game.

Given that nobody's cast any votes yet, it's not a bad idea to choose by random number. I'm gonna hold on to my vote until I go to bedtime, since Claire will likely end the day while I'm sleeping. It's not likely that anything will change between now and then, but I wanna keep an eye on things until the last possible second before deciding whether to add a vote for Madz or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back