🌕 Halloween Werewolf 🐺

Though that said I wasn't exactly suspecting Ana of being seer, but I think that has more to do with me xD

Man, after playing two whole games, I'm surprised to realize I'm a fairly aggressive player. Surprised myself this game by throwing my weight around very early, but I hope it helped :x

Though that said I wasn't exactly suspecting Ana of being seer
I said it before, but I thought she was the seer until her question about the Fool. Completely fooled me ahaha.

I've noticed I don't really analyze people to see what roles they could be unless that role is wolf

Here was my working chart. I was curious if you were the Fool with how you were fishing for roles, thought you might be trying to confirm a seer check.
Screen_Shot_2020-11-04_at_6.13.42_PM.png

(I had no idea who the hunter was)

Here was my working chart. I was curious if you were the Fool with how you were fishing for roles, thought you might be trying to confirm a seer check.
Screen_Shot_2020-11-04_at_6.13.42_PM.png

(I had no idea who the hunter was)
pew pew 🔫

I nearly shot Samantha when I went down, but I realized the wolf would have jumped on the Anna train so I went for Ruben instead.

Rowan can confirm Jesse was my third choice though I was very uncertain about it

Kris, I was really impressed when you figured out that Soho was the Silversmith. I was absolutely convinced that she was the Fool since I'd assumed the Silversmith would save herself if they were on the chopping block. And when no one died, I thought you might be the Silversmith and was trying to bait someone into falsely claiming the role.

I was very wrong xD

I'd decided pretty early that the spellcaster was a hard role to play usefully, so I played like an expendable villager and just started throwing accusations around to get deets. Kinda wish I hadn't cursed Jesse though, would have been interesting to see what he had to say that day, but I needed someone who I knew would post so people wouldn't think Teigs was the spellcaster.

(Also, I knew Soho was someone, but I only had her as the silversmith when she confessed to it for sure, I also thought she might the Fool for a bit.)

OK SO HERE IS THE BIG BEHIND THE SCENES INFO DUMP

First off, here's a general table of everything that happened

ROLEPLAYERNIGHT 1NIGHT 2NIGHT 3NIGHT 4
SEERHarper Alston*Amy RosemaryPoppy PerkinsRonald LazaraoLysander Summers
FOOLSamuel PhillipsSkylar AndersonHarper AlstonElliot Briar
BODYGUARDProfessor Cyndi KingsleyLysander SummersBobbi Bacuzzi
MAYORPoppy Perkins
SPELLCASTERElliot BriarAbstainBobbi BacuzziLysander SummersAmy Jewel
SILVERSMITHLillith Montgomery
HUNTERAmber Chou Wilson
WEREWOLFLysander Summers
WEREWOLFAmy Rosemary
DIRE WOLFRuben Right*
WEREWOLFRonald Lazarao
VILLAGER/GHOSTAdorah ZumwaltAmy Jewel - 1Samuel Phillips - 2Harper Alston - 4
VILLAGERLily Harbour
VILLAGERBobbi Bacuzzi
VILLAGERSelene Le Fey
VILLAGERAmy Jewel
VILLAGERZennon Baros
VILLAGERSkylar Anderson
VILLAGERJames Cade
Ruben was indeed bonded to the seer, which like. Day 1 my first thought was 'oh no.' As far as the ghost goes the information she was given had a 4 tier system of usefulness, where 1 was incredibly vague, and 4 was outright stating someone's role. I used a RNG to decide what she would get each night, and whether she would get anything. These are the exact clues I sent Kiersten

Night Two: As you haunt the village at night, you hear sobs of grief echoing from the home of Amy Jewel.
Night Three: Haunting the village at night, you are drawn to Samuel Phillips living room light. Passing through the room, you see your former neighbour hunched over his desk, poring over something.
Night Four: Floating through Harper Alston's house, the crystal balls, tarot decks, and smell of incense tell you clearly, this neighbour could be nothing but the SEER

If anyone wants to see the absolutely awful handwritten notes I've been keeping as we go, including the full Fool list of roles, they're under the spoiler here
hiGVxu7.jpg

FLANn8o.jpg

(Amy R is crossed out for the ghost night 2 cause I rolled who Kiersten was gonna get info on before the vote had actually finished so I had to reroll lmao)
If anyone cares enough to read a phase-by-phase breakdown of my thought process/where I've been at this whole game it is in the following spoiler below
ROLE ASSIGNMENTS
I used RNG to assign all of the roles, and to be TBH it was very hard not to reroll some of them. I knew Anna would absolutely hate being the Fool, and I really didn't want to feed into Jesse's reputation for either dying early or being a wolf. (I very much hope that people will keep that in mind going into the next game and let him live) That said, it def would have been unfair to reroll stuff I knew my friends wouldn't like, so I just stuck with it. Also, the seer/fool being Ana and Anna was fun.
NIGHT 1/DAY 1
I was nervous for the wolves the second Ruben picked his partner, and Ana making a crazy lucky guess night one didn't help that at all. Knowing that the wolves were extremely unlikely to go for the Seer and would be down a member if anyone went for the Seer was a pretty substantial disadvantage. The day was pretty standard, I don't have much to say about that beyond it was surprising how many people voted day one. Definitely refreshing. Also, I got a lot of messages night 1 from people saying they really hoped Jesse survives this game which I just thought was wholesome and nice.
NIGHT 2/DAY 2
At this point I was starting to think the wolves were going to pull through, even down one so early. Getting the Bodyguard was good, and it looked for a long time like the votes were going their way. Kris swapping votes at the last second i stg i was on the edge of my seat like I was watching a v intense game of sportsball.
NIGHT 3/DAY 3
This was where it started to become clear that the wolves didn't have much of a chance. Jesse was silenced, Ronald had been Seen even before I randomly rolled him to die from the Silversmith, (I was silently SCREAMING at the wolves not to go for Soho oh my god) it was all a bit of a mess. AND THEN THE GHOST STUFF HAPPENED OH MY GOD I was out most of that day teaching, so I could only check in in bits and pieces and I was absolutely losing it watching the village fall apart more and more as the day went on holy CRAP I felt so bad for Anna tho IMO she did a really really good job defending herself, FR bravo for playing such a hard situation so well. That was absolute chaos.
NIGHT 4/DAY 4
So things were looking bleak for the wolves and great for the village. It was pretty clear they were in trouble soon as Ana PMed me, but Daph noscopeing Ruben really cemented it. I basically spent these entire two days just feeling absolutely awful for Jesse and nothing else

Overall I think that while there was some phenomenal play from the villagers (especially SOHO baiting the wolves like that damn) I do think the village got absurdly lucky this time around. There were so many random calls that just happened to work in the village's favour, and I don't think I've ever seen a Seer hit so many wolves. Genuinely mind blowing.

For future reference for whoever runs Werewolf next and/or the Rowan of the future looking back on this next time I run, I think the main change I would make to this system would be nerfing the Silversmith slightly, making it so they die along with the wolf. I'd also possibly add one more wolf, which is wild, considering when I was making up the list of roles I was concerned this would be too many werewolves. It's really hard to say what needs to be tweaked because the luck in this game was off the charts.

Congrats to the villagers and condolences to the wolves, you all played a really excellent game, and it's been extremely fun to watch! And thanks to admin for letting me, run, running Werewolf is one of my top 5 favourite non-RP things to do on HNZ and this has been an absolute blast so thank you!

Night Four: Floating through Harper Alston's house, the crystal balls, tarot decks, and smell of incense tell you clearly, this neighbour could be nothing but the SEER

Well I'm glad I posted before Kiersten could tell the village to kill me too :p

Thanks for hosting, Rowan! This was a lot of fun :D

Yes, huge thank you to Rowan for all the work he put in running the game :wub:

Well I'm glad I posted before Kiersten could tell the village to kill me too :p

Thanks for hosting, Rowan! This was a lot of fun :D

I honestly was not going to respond anymore after the debacle that happened unless it was absolutely necessary. I felt SOOOOO bad.

I FELT SO BAD FOR YOU KIERSTEN that was genuinely worst case scenario for the ghost lmao

Thanks Rowan. Can't wait to play again. And yes the idea of adding another wolf is great I was just about to suggest that, as a wolf i felt like we could have used an extra member as the villagers were like...ten thousand compared to us.

I do feel that if we had gotten less lucky this amount of wolves would have been fine, but it is a hard balance to find

Yeah it's definitely hard to say with the amount of bad luck the wolves hit this time around. One of the rules of thumb with Werewolf though is that the more times you play with the same/similar people the more the advantage swings to the Village, as people learn each other's play styles and get better at the game. It actually outright says that in the rule book that comes with the cards. I used the same amount of wolves I used last time I ran in 2017, but I do think enough time has passed since that advantage has swung more in the villager's favour just as an overall group.

Of course the next time we play there could be half as many wolves and absolutely horrendous luck on the village's part and the wolves could tear them to shreds so there's just no way of knowing for sure.

Oh wow what an info dump! It looks like so much thought and effort goes into planning it all! Thanks so much @Ainsley Lynch ^_^

Edit: oh and thanks @Amber Chou Wilson for not taking me down with you and taking Ruben instead ;)

On the subject of adding more wolves it is a double edged sword, because the more wolves there are, the more likely the village is to just lynch one at random, and from there they can look at voting data and figure out who was likely allied with that player. Number of wolves is a tricky question and I don't know if there's a right answer 🤷‍♂️

Do def agree about nerfing the silversmith, since otherwise they just live the entire game until it's just them and the wolves left. It's pretty hard to get lynched by accident as them, since there's no danger revealing the role, and wolves are almost guaranteed to try to eat you eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back