Y44 Sorting Reactions!

Sorting is still a short while away, but that doesn't mean we can't have some exciting sorting chats here! It's never too early, right? ^_^

As always, we love to hear your thoughts and reactions as we work through the process of sorting and transfers and exchanges! This is always such a fun time! :party:

Are you having a character sorted or transferred this year? Maybe more than one? Ten? (You know who you are. :r )

Are you going to try for an exchange student?

Where do you think your character will end up?

Do you think they'll be happy about where they end up? How is it going to impact their first year or their entire schooling? Do you think the sorting hat will have a difficult time placing them? Any character expecting that the sorting hat won't be able to place them and they'll have to go home? :p

If you've already been sorted: Did you get what you/your character expected? Did the sorting hat say something funny to you? What'd you think of that? How nervous was your character to be sorted? How nervous were you?

Happy Sorting! :party::party::party:

I'm hoping for a fresh start with new IC year and I'm back to sorting :party:
Going to be sorting Milo Frogg this year 👀 He's Marnie's little brother and while not as chatty as her, he's trouble in his own way... I'm not sure what house he'll lean towards though his more outgoing/stubborn nature makes me think Gryffindor (though I thought Marnie would also be Gryffindor...) or possibly even a bit of Slytherin in there. Excited to see!

Yaaaaaay sorting!! I'm sorting two kids this year against my better judgement

Marama Te Rangi is the youngest Te Rangi sibling, she's sort of somewhere in between Manaia and Rāwhiti personalitywise. She's got Manaia's easygoing social side, and Rāwhiti's outdoorsiness. Hufflepuff seems the most likely to me, but I wouldn't be surprised by Gryffindor either.

Trevvo Boot is the first of a family Kris and I have been bouncing around for a looooooong time, proper kiwi farm kids. Rural culture here is so unique, and I'm really looking forward to RPing that. Trevvo's a kid I can see going just about anywhere; he's adventurous and outgoing, bighearted and loving, extremely curious, and very protective of his title as three-time under-13 sheep shearing champion. I'm looking forward to seeing where he winds up and how it shapes him!

Ahhhh it’s that time of year again and i’m so excited!! I can’t wait to meet and see the new firsties!!

I’m only sorting one character this year and that’s my character Marley Pattinson! I can see her being in Hufflepuff though i wouldn’t be surprised if she’d be in Gryffindor either. She’s quite creative and bubbly. But who knows the sorting hat always surprises us hehe

I am sorting two this year since that is my absolute limit, and no possibility of transferring anyone.

Dante Styx is Cassius' little brother and hopefully not as big of an a**hole. I imagine he has a bit of a sharing problem. A little rumbustious or something. But he loves to learn so he can easily be any of the houses.

And Artemis Vasilakis is my sweet girl that I'm hoping is a Hufflepuff. But she could be a Gryffindor too.

:frantics:

I've been looking forward to this girl for a bit, for the first time I've had a bit more time to develop a character before sorting them. Audrey is a bit of a menace, but like an "I will act up because I'm bored" kind of menace. Loves a challenge. I'm thinking probably Ravenclaw or Slytherin most likely, though I guess Gryffindor is not out of the realm of possibility. Really hope I don't get yet another Hufflepuff though I'd want to believe that's the least likely option here!

YAY!! This year I'm sorting one and will apply to transfer one

Sorting - Eluned Strangewayes. She's Mervyn's little sister and a little obnoxious =)) she's self-centred and bossy and has some unusual interests, like collecting bones. I could honestly see her anywhere, but Hufflepuff seems least likely!

Transfer - he doesn't have a name yet but if accepted he's going to be quite a sweet, vulnerable kid who covers that up by being a bit of a troublemaker. Would never intentionally hurt anyone but naive enough to think he and his friends are immortal. This would be, like, his third school in as many years, but hopefully at HNZ he'd settle down. My gut says Hufflepuff for him 🦡 :D

Sorting!!!! So excited for new firsties but for the first time I'm not sorting anyone! Am curious to see how tempted I get but for right now I'm looking forward to having a little more breathing room. But don't worry I have plenty of kids planned for the future haha.

Sorting! I have a little time from my flight. I not sure this time where i want to be. Mayby again Hufflepuff house, i love Hufflepuff but i will do this time that i will choose to trust you and you make decicion for me. Becouse i not sure where i wanna be. Mayby my trip will give me some vibes to do it.

Sorting time! I'm sorting the one this year, Toby, and honestly.... I don't see him ending up anywhere but Slytherin to be honest. Maybe I could see Ravenclaw, he is smart though he tends to use his smarts to manipulate other people, so I think the Slytherin in him will win out in the end.

I'm only sorting Vanity this year, she's Emery's little sister and kind of a menace (seems like there will be many of those around). She's a spoiled, rude person who always wants to have more. She has a habit of stealing trinkets and things she likes, so watch out. She does get fiercely protective over people she cares about, but also doesn't like admitting she cares about anyone. She's squeamish and thinks almost everything to do with nature is 'gross'. She tends to announce her opinion loudly.

I think Slytherin would be an obvious pick for her, but I could see it going differently. Could even see Hufflepuff, though it would be a long 7 years for her if that was the case.

I've had an IC year with no students but I am going to sort one this time. He's textbook Gryffindor - mischievous and loyal, and Quidditch mad! But you never know, he might surprise everyone and go somewhere else.

I'm sorting nobody because this girl demands a lot of attention. But I'm looking forward to the new firsties!

I'm sorting nobody because this girl demands a lot of attention. But I'm looking forward to the new firsties!
Give in to the sorting temptations.

very wise, I didn't sort last year and I don't regret it

Just did Milo's form and while I'm pretty certain there's Gryffindor in his future now I was surprised to see more Claw potential than I thought there'd be! But I don't think it'll win out over the Gryff or Slyth possibilities 👀

Just did Audrey's and I'm having a harder time working out where she'll be between Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Still think Hufflepuff is not likely unless it's a 'idk Hufflepuff I guess call' but I hope not. :lol:

I just did Marley's form, and after doing it, its defs either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor for me. I can't wait for what house she will be sorted into!

I love how informative the sorting form is, I always wind up learning things about my characters I hadn't even expected.

After doing the forms, I feel like Marama is likely to either wind up in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, her curious side came out a lot more than I expected. She's outdoorsy-curious, not bookish-curious, so it took me a bit by surprise. Hufflepuff wouldn't necessarily surprise me either, but I think Claw or Gryf feel like more likely fits.

Trevvo was an interesting one too, and I'm not any closer to nailing down where I think he'll wind up. At this point Hufflepuff feels most likely, but he could easily skew into just about any other direction. (Not that it matters to him - he's gonna be in denial about this whole magic thing for a while yet. There's an answer to this puzzle that makes sense, he's just gotta crack it. It can't be that magic is real, that wouldn't make any sense.)

There's one question in the form I'm curious on other people's interpretations of, because it's always stumped me a bit. In the list of values to rank, how do you intepret 'Traditional'? I've always taken it to mean a character's relationship to their own family and cultural traditions, but it could just as easily refer to the Wizarding Tradition specific to the books, which would come with a very different answer. I always wind up hedging my bets and giving a fairly middle-ground answer because I'm not sure how it'll be interpreted, but I'd love to know other people's read on this question and how you approach answering it?

how do you intepret 'Traditional'?
I always interpret it as the character's own understanding or relationship to their personal traditions or traditions of their society. It applies less to some muggleborns depending on their background, but it definitely means different things to different characters to me depending on their background.

I've never understood that one either so I've probably given wrong answers for it in the past. :lol:

I'm not going to lie, I meant to make Elodie my main after Jordie's graduation, but I can't lie- Amodeus may take it. Elodie is going to be fun- she's independent, sweet, resourceful- but this absolute *idiot* is the most fun I've had in ages with writing :lol: i'm suspecting two puffs but I could be surprised

Users who are viewing this thread

Back