Y44 Sorting Reactions!

Sorting is still a short while away, but that doesn't mean we can't have some exciting sorting chats here! It's never too early, right? ^_^

As always, we love to hear your thoughts and reactions as we work through the process of sorting and transfers and exchanges! This is always such a fun time! :party:

Are you having a character sorted or transferred this year? Maybe more than one? Ten? (You know who you are. :r )

Are you going to try for an exchange student?

Where do you think your character will end up?

Do you think they'll be happy about where they end up? How is it going to impact their first year or their entire schooling? Do you think the sorting hat will have a difficult time placing them? Any character expecting that the sorting hat won't be able to place them and they'll have to go home? :p

If you've already been sorted: Did you get what you/your character expected? Did the sorting hat say something funny to you? What'd you think of that? How nervous was your character to be sorted? How nervous were you?

Happy Sorting! :party::party::party:

*pretends to be shocked, but is not actually shocked* Yeah called it. Had some Ravenclaw in him but the ol' Slytherin won out in the end.

Dante, can't say I am surprised. His nature and behavior makes him a solid Slytherin. Plus. I apparently can't go a year without getting a Slytherin firstie xD

Artemis, finally a Hufflepuff. Gryffindor was certainly an option for her, that was certain xD But I am glad I have one of those puffs now

i’m so glad Ten got Gryffindor :cry: It’s definitely where i see her most and i legit can’t wait to get started with her :wub:

Back to back Gryffindors woo! (ignoring that I skipped a year shh). I think Gryff suits Milo perfectly though I appreciate the hat confirming my other house speculations too :r (Claw!Milo would have been a hoot).

Sorting - Eluned Strangewayes. She's Mervyn's little sister and a little obnoxious =)) she's self-centred and bossy and has some unusual interests, like collecting bones. I could honestly see her anywhere, but Hufflepuff seems least likely!
Having finished the form - well, she 100% wants Gryffindor to be with Amortentia, but I sense a Ravenclaw in there as well!!! Can't wait to seee

I am not sorting this year, hoping to give time to the multitude of characters I have and neglected. Most of them don't have formal bios, and if I can hold out 2 IC years until Lena's kid is sorted, I will be happy. But I love seeing all these firsties!

how do you intepret 'Traditional'?

I feel similarly to Kris' interpretation. I look at their surroundings. I think of societal expectations - the question that always pops into my head is "Would they be into that 2.5 kids, white picket fence life if they were a muggle?" which I suppose is a very American ideal but helps me start sorting out the answer for that character.

I also find "Unmitigated Ambition" difficult to answer for some reason. Maybe it's because I feel like I don't know my characters that well in terms of their future, and I associate ambition with future? I don't know.

I just focus on the mitigation. I didn't give Audrey as high a score on that because while she's ambitious, it's kind of mitigated by not having grand earthshaking ambitions and more 'I want to learn to be an animagus because boy will the prank potential be great'. :lol:

I think about it more in terms of like. how far would they go? Whatever the ambition may be, would they step on people? Would they sacrifice things? How far is too far?

So if we get a mini Griffith from Berserk the unmitigated ambition is a 10, got it.

In that case, how many of these have I been reading wrong! :lol: At least most of my characters have ended up where I wanted/am not too upset about where they ended up. Though if I could go back Aine might've actually slid more closely to Ravenclaw or Slytherin like I initially intended. No wonder a lot of my characters have gone "well they have Slytherin potential...".

I mean, this is purely my personal interpretation! I have no idea how the hat reads that question (or any other) only the way I approach it in my own sorting forms. It's why I brought it up, because so many of them are open to interpretation and I struggle a little knowing how to approach those because I have no idea what metric the hat's using. (Like I said - Traditional is the one that trips me up every single t i m e augh)

The Slytherin dorms are safe...for now. :r

I would've been happy with Audrey in either blue or green tbh, but I'm not surprised Ravenclaw just won out over Slytherin. Seems like it was a close decision though, sorry Sorting Hat if I made your life difficult!

On the bright side, firstie drama can be spread out further amongst the year level. :lol:

And there it is, she's a hufflepuff!! it was either gryffindor or hufflepuff for her! I'm glad she got hufflepuff!

I just realized I never reacted to my girl's house. I did think Slytherin was most likely for her, and it is kind of funny that I got a new Slytherin after one graduated.

Will come back later probably to talk about the traditional interpretation, it's an interesting discussion.

Ooooohhh I was convinced Ned was going to end up in Claw despite how much she wanted Gryffindor - but the hat made it sound like Slytherin was the second closest option? I could totally see it!! :lol:

She will be so, so happy to be with her best friend <3

Let’s go Eluned :party::party::party:

Tens gonna be clapping extra hard at the Gryffindor table seeing her take a seat there too :wub:

I'm sorting!! :o :party:
No idea where my new guy - Benicio - will end up. He's feeling kinda Slytherin-y but my guess is that actually sitting down and writing his sorting app will change my mind on that. xD
Well then xD

But I have my first ever Hufflepuff! This is going to be so fun! :party:

I'm really torn on whether Amauri will be Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff xD She thinks she'll be Slytherin since that's where a lot of Kendall-Wu's were, but it's the only house I don't see her in at all :r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back