What are you watching?

I’ve been watching Schitt’s Creek since Rowan introduced me to it! It’s honestly so well done and David reminds me so much of Samuel I can’t deal =))

Dan Levy is honestly one of my favourite humans.

Well I have been watching a lot of series' the last few days. But I have mainly watched Friends (I am on season 2 now) There is another tv show I have watched and finished a series that recently came out on Netflix called, I Am Not Okay With This.

I've been watching Picard on Prime

Schitts Creek and I could watch it over and over again :lol: Not as haha funny as Brooklyn 99, but definitely on par as far as my favorites go!

Schitts Creek is hilarious.

"David!"

So my partner and I watched Letterkenny over last weekend, and it was just great. Such a good comedy show.

So my partner and I watched Letterkenny over last weekend, and it was just great. Such a good comedy show.
Did you feel like you learned a lot about rural Canadian culture, did the jokes translate cleanly? So many questions!
I remember when Letterkenny was just shorts on Youtube. Those were amaazzzinnggg.

My wife and I just watched One Child Nation last night and it was so difficult to watch I had to watch Recess on Disney+ afterward to bleach my brain and my eyeballs. :(

Did you feel like you learned a lot about rural Canadian culture, did the jokes translate cleanly? So many questions!
I remember when Letterkenny was just shorts on Youtube. Those were amaazzzinnggg.

It translated well enough, there were maybe some points that would've gone over our heads without even realising, but there were never points where I was so out of depth with the jokes/references. It was really enjoyable.

I have just been watching Ragnarock on Netflix (with English dubs) It is not the most high-brow show but i am enjoying it. It is about a family who moves to a small town in Norway and the main character starts to realise that he is developing some super abilities. and it is how he copes investigating the death of a friend. and what it has to do with the towns biggest business family and how to bring about justice. from what i can tell it is loosely based from Norse mythology. but set in a modern setting, i don't know Norse myths that well so cant say for sure how loose the basis is. but i am figuring it is quite a long way from the actual myth (I am waiting to find out htat the main character's mother had an affair with one of the other people in the town and that he is actually only a half brother but that hasn't come up yet)

I recently started watching Game Of Thrones! I'm on the second season (first episode) and I'm filled with surprises at the moment haha

I've been watching Schitt's creek still and it's great!!! I'm so invested =))

There are three series I've recently finished binging.
  • Killing Eve (thriller, WATCH IT)
  • What We Do in the Shadows (comedy and mockumentary)
  • Attack on Titan (anime)
I am anxiously waiting on new episodes (though it will be a while.) I recommend all of them :wub:

Watched what we do in the shadows recently - the tv show, and it is so good. Matt Berry who plays Laszlo is one of my favourite actors like ever. It's even just the way he's type cast in certain roles and I just thoroughly enjoy those roles.

I have just been watching Ragnarock on Netflix (with English dubs) It is not the most high-brow show but i am enjoying it. It is about a family who moves to a small town in Norway and the main character starts to realise that he is developing some super abilities. and it is how he copes investigating the death of a friend. and what it has to do with the towns biggest business family and how to bring about justice. from what i can tell it is loosely based from Norse mythology. but set in a modern setting, i don't know Norse myths that well so cant say for sure how loose the basis is. but i am figuring it is quite a long way from the actual myth (I am waiting to find out htat the main character's mother had an affair with one of the other people in the town and that he is actually only a half brother but that hasn't come up yet)
I really liked Ragnarok - I watched in in the original language mostly because I can't with dubbing - but yeah, it wasn't like the BEST show I'd ever watch but it was like highly watchable, good enough and I think a good basis to do more. I'm glad they got a second season.

I also recently watched Dark - the german netflix series - which was like amazing. It's described as the german stranger things but aside from the promise of a boy going missing it's entirely different. It just got it's series finale and it was just amazing. it's a well crafted, well made story. Like It can be confusing as hell at times, but the end was pretty satisfying and while it left you with questions, almost all of the main confusing points had been resolved. I would super recommend it.

I dont know if I mentioned that I watched Money Heist with English subtitles, and it was the best thing ever.

Also rewatching Schitts Creek because that's also the best thing ever.

And currently half way through Community! Love me some comedies.

I'm currently binge-watching The Office. I'm on season 8 at the moment haha I just started watching the show a week or two ago? I take binge-watching very seriously. I have been watching it while doing uni work that is pilling up! :O

I'm actually watching Wizards of Waverley Place too! That's funny! I'm on season two at the moment. I guess its cos my friend from uni and i were talking about it, and I guess it got me to rewatching one of my favourite childhood shows!

I've gotten my parents to start watching Schitts Creek. I told them about it when they asked for things to watch.

I've recently just finished the french series La Revolution, which is a fantasy retelling of the French Revolution, the season itself doesn't quite get to the actual revolution, but it very nicely sets it all up. It can get pretty heavy handed both in its messaging about the revolution and how pro-france it is. But enjoyable enough.

So, I recently watched Schitt's Creek. It's fabulous! But now I've started The Good Place, and I think I'm not as impressed because the writing on Schitt's Creek was just so good. but the acting on The Good Place is still enjoyable.

I've recently started watching Lucifer and can't believe no one told me how good this show is before now. I knew my mum watched it but she never told me anything about it. Also Tom Ellis is just... mm yes.

My partner and I started Schitt's Creek recently, and it really is everything everyone has told me it would be.

I'm also in the middle of watching Seinfeld. It's one of those shows that a lot of people my age have seen but I never had. Am a few seasons in. It took some time to grow on me but enjoying it now.

Oh, I have been watching a couple of things recently. About a week or two ago I had started and finished Julie and The Phantoms, only seen the show a couple of times. I also started watching The Good Doctor! The new episode of the new season just came out, so I'm excited for the new season! I'm also watching the new season of The Mandalorian!

A lot of binging lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back