Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Dragon Heartstring Core
Rules are pretty simple. We're here to give suggestions of what to watch on Netflix. Simple really. Obviously board rules still apply and no unnecessary bashing of a particular show/movie. Respect each others opinions and enjoy!

Recently I watched Sense8 - a show about eight people who are linked mentally. They experience each others lives through their eyes and can communicate in a number of different ways. The show aims to explore subjects that its writers feel science fiction shows, at least ostensibly, tend to ignore or skim through such as politics, identity, sexuality, gender and religion. I personally thought it was amazing and is definitely worth a watch if you're into Syfy/Drama.

YES TEIGAN DID IT! :woot:

Recently I watched Daredevil, and it was absolutely awesome! It's a new take on the Marvel Comics story of Daredevil which is a Superhero who is actually blind; it's actually awesome and I would definitely recommend it.

The only thing I've watched regularly on Netflix lately has been Ru Pauls Drag Race. It's actually pretty good and only expected to watch a few episodes of season 3 because a Youtuber I like was a contestant but so far I've watched all the episodes on Netflix and I love it xD

I have Netflix but don't use it, I really should though.

My mum, stepdad and I were watching House of Cards while I was at the farm though. Started a few episodes in so I need to go back and watch the start, heh.

I'm currently watching Bates Motel which is a prequel, of sorts, to Psycho. I am enjoying it so far.

I just finished watching Video Game High School, which was super fun. Gaming is considered a sport in this show, and the show follows this kid who gets accepted into a special gaming high school after beating the #1 ranked gamer in the US.

While I watch a lot of different things on Netflix's, I more or less always go back to watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

It's about five friends who own a bar together, and about the stuff they get up to. The first season is great, but some find it difficult to watch, it improves greatly in the second season. Fair warning, this show is not for kids or the easily offended. It's really great but there are moments.

I started watching Suits. It's quite funny. I like it so far, but it's definitely not for everyone. If you like cop shows and comedy though, I'd give this a try ^_^

Once upon a time! It's all the fairytale stories but its aimed at a more of an adult audience compared to the traditional fairy tale stories. I'm absolutely addicted, we're on hiatus at the moment though :(

Also trying to get into Dexter at the moment but I just can't seem to get excited by it :doh:

I'm watching Dexter as well. However, I'm thrilled by it. I binged Season 1 and half of Season 2 just yesterday and last night. I need to watch more. You don't understand!

I tried to get into Dexter, but I got like three episodes in and was like I'm not paying attention, this is pointless.

I've been watching The Returned, I'm watching the American netflix version and then the original french one. And like I like it, it's good, but it's not fantastic, I don't feel the need to watch every episode back to back. The premise is just that certain people in a town start coming back to life, so interesting premise but I don't think it's pulled off that well. Maybe the French version will be better.

Stefan Archer said:
I tried to get into Dexter, but I got like three episodes in and was like I'm not paying attention, this is pointless.

I've been watching The Returned, I'm watching the American netflix version and then the original french one. And like I like it, it's good, but it's not fantastic, I don't feel the need to watch every episode back to back. The premise is just that certain people in a town start coming back to life, so interesting premise but I don't think it's pulled off that well. Maybe the French version will be better.
I've seen the French version, and it was quite enjoyable (if slightly confusing to begin with) ^_^ I didn't know there was an American version, but I guess I won't be watching it xD

I also watched Grace and Frankie, which I found to be hilarious. It's got an allstar cast too with Martin Sheen and Jane Fonda. For those of you who don't know, it's about these two old couples who are dealing with the revelation that the two husbands, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston, have been in a secret relationship for over twenty years. Basically it follows Grace and Frankie, Fonda and Tomlinson, in their grief and uncertainty of these facts. It's a real slice of life show,mount it's quite witty.

They recently added to the British Netflix, Still Game, which is an amazing Scottish comedy, so funny. It's about two old scottish guys who are best friends and their antics. It's good!

I have recently started 30 Rock, it's pretty funny. All of the characters are annoying though. Not sure if it's meant to be like Mad Men where you're not supposed to have a favourite character because they're all vile? :r

Au Contraire Lauren, I always have a favourite character. Usually its the most vile of them all :r

Doctor Who :D

I finished Bates Motel though they won't have season 3 on Netflix until February. :(

I've been watching a movie while I work out. It's called 17 Filles, and it's about these girls who decide to all get pregnant at the same time. :tut:

That sounds like an interesting choice Cyndi. Where'd you come up with that? xD

I have eclectic taste? :p I think it came up in my recommendations based on a documentary I watched about adoption.

Isn't that based upon real events in a town in North America?
I've heard about it before but I can't place it.

Yea, it happened in Massachusetts. There's also an American movie based on this called The Pregnancy Pact. :tut:

I'm in the middle of a documentary called Red without Blue. It's about a set of identical twins, and one is transgender. Pretty interesting so far.

That sounds really interesting, Cyndi. I'll have to take a look at it!

I've got three series on the go at the moment :p the main one I'm watching is called Raising Hope. It's about a family being forced to raise a baby when the son gets a serial killer pregnant. It's really funny, and heart warming. The second is Hannibal. I've seen all the seasons, but I am forever rewatching. The third is criminal minds. With this one I binge for a few weeks, and then leave it for a few months just because there are so many dang episodes.

Its not strictly netflix , it's amazon prime :unsure:

But I've recently been binge watching Downton Abbey, I'm on series 4 now and I cant get enough of it. Cant work out why I didn't watch it when it was on tv?

I started watching Pretty Little Liars when I had a week off work and I got to half way through series three. I've not been able to watch it as much the last couple of weeks as i'd like but its pretty addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back