OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather

I'd like to blame Emzies for making me late, but we all know that's not the truth. Here's your Tri-Weekly Update!
Note: We have not actually changed the frequency of the BWU, except when I post it. <3

Week 3: Almost over!
Week 3 has gone as quickly as it came, and this is a friendly reminder to stay on top of classes for those sweet, sweet, housepoints before they become too much to handle: and for profs to stay on top of that grading, too!

Sorting Stats
Sorting is wrapped!
Here are the final counts:
SlytherinGryffindorRavenclawHufflepuff
You can still react to the surprising results, the not-so-surprising results, and the sassiest hat replies over here! :D

Quidditch!
Well, it was over before I got around to the BWU - but the first Quidditch game of the year happened!
Check out all the Ravenclaw v. Hufflepuff action here and join the OOC conversation about Quidditch over here.

Earn some Galleons!
Are you unemployed or underemployed? Why not run a shop?! In a fascinating economic reality, no purchase is required! I suppose they're government owned and heritage sites or some such - no matter, apply to be a shopkeeper today! (Applications closing soon. More information right here.)

Join a club!
If you're looking for some extra-curricular fun, don't turn to those wizarding wheezes, look no further than school-sanctioned clubs! The Y40 club fair is happening now, check it out.

It's Old School Week!
Old School Week started on Sunday and there's still time to get in on the quick replies, random interruptions, OOC comments, and strangely intentional grammatical errors! Start your own OSW topic today, or join one that could use some love!

Who's your Santa? :santa:
Shhhh. 🤫 It's a secret! That's right, Secret Santa is back and you have one more day to sign yourself up! Hurry! Do it now!

Character Spotlight!
This might be the quickest turn around from back-on-HNZ to character spotlight in a minute, but it's well deserved! Camilla's @Aine Thompson is December's character spotlight! Congratulate Camilla, read her thoughts on developing this character, and ask her any questions you might have about Aine, or her process, in that announcement topic!

• Halloween Feast!
  • More Quidditch!
  • RL holiday seasonzzz
  • Character development
  • Plottsss!
  • Stuff
  • & things!

I bet you're all looking forward to the next BWU a week from now!
Just like youtube, there's no useful dislike feature here - so leave those comments below!

-Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Last edited:
Omg I couldn't for the life of me remember how to search for all the OSW topics so thank you. Going to have to reply to a few now :p

Thank you very much for the update, Nick!!! :party:
Every time OSW happens I'm like... I need to do more short posts in general, they're SO fun :lol:

Yeah I'm in favor of doing more OSW stuff even when it's not OSW week xD it's way less stressful than normal posts :p

Thanks for the update!!

I mean, for the record, our expectations haven't changed over this time... you guys have.
Generally, OSW-type content is perfectly valid on HNZ. In many ways, it's encouraged! See Amanda's blog post Open, says me! and also my rant Try to enjoy the journey (Or “A Roleplay is not a Fanfiction”). :r

TBF, the beginners guide does discourage short RPs and specifically say not to use messy grammar/formatting :r I agree wholeheartedly with both blog posts though :p For me the fun of OSW isn't just the open threads, it's going back to a sillier and looser form of RP, not stressing about details and having fun with the kind of grammar/spelling I used when I started out RPing ^_^ (see: corner, limmon, and licehander's thread) That's what distinguishes true OSW from OSW-style open threads outside of OSW itself in my mind. OSW-style open threads year round for liiife, but there's something special about throwing grammar to the wind and just getting chaotic once a year :p

TBF, the beginners guide does discourage short RPs and specifically say not to use messy grammar/formatting :r
I would say it discourages described actions (stage directions, really) and encourages narrated posts where "[e]ach post is usually a few sentences to a few paragraphs long." (which was mostly true in ye olden days, as well, given that that those articles are from 2008 :r ).
But fair enough for you OSW is more about throwing grammar to the wind, to me it seems like a lot more random/unexpected/silly things actually happen in the threads vs. other "open" threads which usually stay pretty tame.

Archived

It's time for some new news, so we're archiving this to get it out of the way.

Please make sure to check out the news and updates section for the most up to date site news. If you have any questions about this piece of news, please reach out to an administrator.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back