Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Happy New Year to all of you lovely people here! I loved spending 2018 with you all here on this site. I hope that 2019 brings you all lots of joy, love, and happiness!

I've never been big into resolutions but I do have a few this year. My first one is to start eating clean and healthy. Less junk food. My second one is less of a resolution but it was inspired by someone I know who recently passed away, and that is to choose happy. I want to choose happy because life is too short to do otherwise.

Does anyone have any resolutions for 2019?

Mine are kind of things I want to improve on generally, but it's saying no when I don't want to do things and saying sorry less xD generally being less apologetic I guess.

Also eating healthy but I don't know how long that will last.

saying sorry less
This is a great resolution! People, women especially, apologize for so many things that really have nothing to do with them or don't need apologies. I was speaking with Donna about this one day.

This is a great resolution! People, women especially, apologize for so many things that really have nothing to do with them or don't need apologies. I was speaking with Donna about this one day.
Yep! And I've noticed I do it a lot xD I've gone through messages before sending them in the past and just taken out the sorry's, but I definitely want to keep doing better with that.

I think I'm going to keep the same resolution I had last year as it worked quite nicely. I want to do/try something new every month.

I tried a lot of foods (snails were a standout) and things (a Kpop dance class was pretty fun; cupping was less fun but interesting) last year. ^_^

My resolution for 2018 was to get better at listening and change some bad social habits I had built up over the years. I've been trying to work on it over the year, and I think I've done okay, but there's always room to keep working on yourself as a person.

I've got a lot of major change coming up in 2019, so I don't want to commit to anything too dramatic. I think I'm going to focus on trying to be less shy, and start conversations more. I'm really bad at talking to people when they don't start the conversation, so I want to try and work on that and get better at making friends.

I think my 2018 was to be a bit more assertive. And I definitely think I was in some aspects :teehee:

But this year, I guess to be better with money (saving for London trip yaassss), and to be kinder to myself and those around me :wub:
EDIT Also be a greener and tidier kiwi, and be better at listening!?

At the very beginning of the year I was sat in a pub with my friend and I said I didn't want to still be living at home at the end of the year. I didn't think I'd actually achieve it given I was only temping at the time and struggling to find a permanent job. Yesterday I actually moved into a new place, so for all the ups and downs the year has ended pretty well.

Cyndi I like your resolution but I think one new thing a month might be too ambitious for me (I don't get out much). But what I do want to do in 2019 is to just get out and do more things, I have exciting things to look forward to in the new year and I just want to try new things on top of what I have planned and make it as exciting as possible.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Great resolutions guys!!

I need to read way more, so I'll probably set a goal to read X number of books in 2019 (not sure how many is a good number yet xD but I kind of want to make it stupidly high to challenge myself). I'm also determined that 2019 will be the year I finally get a job (anxiety has made it hard!) and maaaaybee actually finish a novel and/or make money from my music. I don't generally set firm resolutions but I always want the next year to be better and more productive than the last!

Happy new year everybody!!! :hug: To 2019! :party:

Hmm, I've been thinking about these ones.
1. I want to prioritise my health more, start working out regularly (not for aesthetic reasons, but to make my mental and physical health better.)
2. GET MY DEGREE! So very, very close, but the next few months will make or break me.
3. Manage my time better, this will help with parts 1 & 2

I havent activly thought about new years resolutions this year as i am fairly happy with where my life is going. but a couple of goals have crossed my mind.

To drink more (water of course)
To donate more to people in need
To keep up exercising (maybe find a new sport)
To try and learn a song on the guitar every month (I haven't picked up my guitar for about seven years until last night)
To read at least once per week (the last book i have been reading for a year and a half, and i am still two chapters from the end)
To be better organised when it comes to assignments (so I am not trying to do two assignments the night before they are due).

My resolution is kinda the same as one that I've adopted over the last year and its just: Be better. Be a better friend, be a better person. Just be better, try to be better than the day before.

My resolutions is to take life one day at time and be a bit more positive.
To help out when I can and make little changes here and there. Set smaller goals and work my way up.
Eat healthier and work out a routine so that I do go to the gym.

Making changes is hard, nothing happens overnight. But making little changes here and there helps. I always feel ashamed when I miss a day on something, but you really shouldn't be. It's a day missed, okay, you're aware of that, now don't miss the next day. Or adjust something to make it work. I hope I'm making sense. :p

Happy New Year Everyone!!

My resolution is to try and go to the gym for at least 20 minutes a week. I know you're supposed to get at least 20 minutes a day, but I want to work up to that and not force myself to do something I know i can't do.

I also want to not eat in the middle of the night anymore. It's become a bad habit that needs to stop. I will be keeping super cold water by my bed to help me not eat so much in the middle of the night.

I am also starting a YouTube channel this year. I also want to put my blog back up as well.

I can't really remember what my 2018 resolutions were or if I even had any, but I know for a fact in 2019 I want to make two changes.

The first one is to stand up for myself more, I've always been a bit of a pushover and a people pleaser that avoids conflict and is unable to say no when someone asks for help and I don't have the resources to help them. This has been a particular problem at university where I constantly get asked to help people with assignments, I have to put my own assignments on hold to help them, which really isn't ideal. Going into my final year at uni I know my own work is what matters most and I need to stand up and say this and make sure I'm in a good place with my own stuff before helping someone else, like how in plane safety videos they talk about putting your own mask on before helping others.

Standing up for myself will also be good in other aspects of my life too which is why it's a good enough resolution I think:p

The second resolution I have is to make healthier choices. Whether it be for my physical or mental health, I just want to work on things and get into better habits. There's nothing specific here because I just want to take things day by day and make choices that are good for me in the long run and know that what I am doing is the right thing. I hope if I keep up making healthier choices it would add up to being much happier and healthier during the year :D

I always feel ashamed when I miss a day on something, but you really shouldn't be. It's a day missed, okay, you're aware of that, now don't miss the next day. Or adjust something to make it work.
Yas. I feel like everyone can use this reminder every now and then.

I can't really remember what my 2018 resolutions were or if I even had any, but I know for a fact in 2019 I want to make two changes.

The first one is to stand up for myself more, I've always been a bit of a pushover and a people pleaser that avoids conflict and is unable to say no when someone asks for help and I don't have the resources to help them. This has been a particular problem at university where I constantly get asked to help people with assignments, I have to put my own assignments on hold to help them, which really isn't ideal. Going into my final year at uni I know my own work is what matters most and I need to stand up and say this and make sure I'm in a good place with my own stuff before helping someone else, like how in plane safety videos they talk about putting your own mask on before helping others.

Standing up for myself will also be good in other aspects of my life too which is why it's a good enough resolution I think:p

I think this is so important, especially when it comes to people you are close with. Standing up to them can be the hardest thing to do, especially when you are trying to correct negative/bad behaviors

I don't really do resolutions but I want to try to think more critically about why I make certain choices and what they stem from like my therapist suggested I do. I think it will help me feel more safe in present day and maybe heal from past traumas. Also I want to discover more music of all genres so if you have suggestions on that front hmu

First off, happy New Year to those already in 2019!! :party:

Warning, it’s a sentimental post (sorry, I didn’t expect it to turn out this long or this deep hehe). I also apologise in advance if any of this doesn’t make sense. It’s possible my thoughts are muddled, it’s 2:50am =))

For the past couple of months I have been having trouble with some changes in my life - namely one to do with myself, and how I’ve been having a lot of realisations as well as a slight personality change. It’s probably just got to do with growing up, but ever since I’ve started uni ive noticed things about myself here and there that have made me stop and reflect on them. I’ve been feeling quite sensitive to certain things or comments as well. I think because I’m so nice to everyone and in a way I’m similar to Anna in that I can’t really say no (especially to people I’m close to, or have known for years like my family) it’s quite hard to stand up for myself and take care of myself and my needs first. It’s not actually as bad or as dramatic as this sounds, but I’ve had lots of moments in the past where I’ve bottled up how I’ve felt about this, because I’m the type of person who really dislikes talking about my feelings xD I try to let go of little things that could stick with me or hurt me in future, and I at least attempt not to let others do and say what they want, though I guess I still have a lot of work to do.

I’d suggest if you sometimes feel like this, or anything similar, find someone you can talk to (trust me, it helps - I’ve made such good friends at uni and they have given me amazing advice on stuff). Don’t keep it to yourself all the time, it’s only going to make you feel worse and sad. It’s a new year, so my goal is to be a stronger person on the outside, instead of just the inside where nobody can ever see my emotions, and also to let go of things that have hurt me in the past. Sometimes it’s quite hard to realise/notice what’s wrong until it’s too late :)

And on that beautiful note, I hope everyone will have an awesome year ahead :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back