Midsummer Werewolf

Thanks for the pretty table Jesse! And for fixing my error xD

Yeah, I've always been for not voting on the first round. The odds of getting an innocent (or useful role) vs a werewolf are too high, so the innocents are only likely to die more quickly by lynching on the first day.

The only down side to not voting somebody off is that on day two we will still be absolutely clueless (the seer isn't likely to reveal themselves so soon). If people were voting today, then whether we lynched an innocent or a wolf, we might be able to later examine who voted for who and start to piece things together. I think not voting on day one is a good idea, because of the odds, but tomorrow we will likely still be as in the dark as we are today, which is just something to bear in mind. =))

This has never occurred to me before because at least one person has always voted on the first day when I've been playing, so I've been able to withhold my vote without consequence. Not trying to start a lynching bandwagon :D

Having followed the counsel of the old wise man of the village, everyone gathered in the square to try and weed out the werewolf amongst them. With caution, they all expressed dismay at the terrible action of the previous night, but none could bring themselves to pointing the finger of blame. They agreed to wait until the morrow in the hope that a night's sleep would leave them a clue.

Nobody has died. It is night. Night roles should PM me their actions as soon as is possible.
Uneasily the villagers slept and many were jolted awake at every small sound. But it wasn't until morning that they realised the werewolves had struck again - and not one of them had even heard it happen. They shivered with fear, knowing that despite all their best efforts to hear the wolf coming, they were in vain, for the wolves could be silent killers when they wanted to be...

Amber Chou Wilson, the bodyguard has died. It is day

Maybe we should have lynched :r

Question: If the bodyguard is guarding a wolf, would they get eaten? I figure they can save an innocent from a wolf with their life. Hmm who would Amber have guarded..

Losing the bodyguard early sucks :(

I know in previous versions, guarding a wolf kills the BG, but I don't know if it applies here.
If they die guarding a wolf, is it stated, or do they just die that night? Do we get told if they died guarding someone? It's hard to discern whether Daphne was attacked directly or not, but I feel like thats the case.
NameRole
Professor Katherine Alicastell-
James Cade-
Amber Chou WilsonBodyguard
Professor Sloane Stark-
Amy Rosemary-
Professor Monty Pendleton-
Ainsley Lynch-
Samuel Phillips-
Georgiana Night-
Professor Justin CliffetonGhost / Villager
Professor Wren Louise-
Evelyn Manning-
Lyra Potter-
Sara Moon-
Aurora Night-
Professor Kida Frost -
Rama Mowry-
Geovanna Volt-
Marisol Woods-

Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
Dire wolf
Cursed
Sorceress

Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Seer
Bodyguard
Mayor
Spellcaster
Hunter

Ghost

I agree Jesse. I think I'm this case she was attacked directly rather than by guarding someone.

Dang we lost a really good role early on :(

I feel like Daphne was targeted and not just happened to be killed by accidentally guarding a wolf, though I can't know for sure. :/

I know In past games it's been sort of explained that they were trying to protect someone if they guarded so I feel daphne was probably targeted by the wolves and her role didn't play a part in her death

Whoops, sorry for not being around yesterday, busy day. RIP Daph :cry:

It definitely reads to me like she was targeted though. Daphne always plays these games pretty competitively, so she would make sense as an early target to anyone who's been playing regularly imo. That's about as far as I can get strategy-wise.

So we seem to have established that Daph's death was likely just a random eating by the wolves - and not much else.

Right now I'm most suspicious of the people that have been talking about getting started with lynching, as we still really have nothing to go on evidence-wise, really - but again, that's basically conjecture at this point and could go one way or the other. I'm happy not voting with no clear suspects, as in the end it just takes longer for the wolves to try and win and gives us more time to see where they might be slipping up in day conversations, as well as not risking more special roles and villagers (whose votes count when the time comes) than we already do just by nature of the game.

I don't believe it's ever been revealed who is guarded unless the person who was guarded was a wolf. But, I honestly don't think she would have protected someone this early in the game.

Ainsley Lynch said:
Daphne always plays these games pretty competitively, so she would make sense as an early target to anyone who's been playing regularly imo. That's about as far as I can get strategy-wise.
I thought so, too. Whenever I play as a wolf[note]I'm not one though[note] I target the more competitive and vocal players, like Daphne or Claire, to take out the bigger threats early.

Aurora Night said:
Right now I'm most suspicious of the people that have been talking about getting started with lynching, as we still really have nothing to go on evidence-wise, really - but again, that's basically conjecture at this point and could go one way or the other. I'm happy not voting with no clear suspects, as in the end it just takes longer for the wolves to try and win and gives us more time to see where they might be slipping up in day conversations, as well as not risking more special roles and villagers (whose votes count when the time comes) than we already do just by nature of the game.
Yeah but not voting also reduces our chances of killing a wolf though if we're not even trying?

Professor Katherine Alicastell said:
Ainsley Lynch said:
Daphne always plays these games pretty competitively, so she would make sense as an early target to anyone who's been playing regularly imo. That's about as far as I can get strategy-wise.
I thought so, too. Whenever I play as a wolf[note]I'm not one though[note] I target the more competitive and vocal players, like Daphne or Claire, to take out the bigger threats early.
<i></i>
Smooth =))

Since we lost the bodyguard so early on, I'm a little more reluctant to stay from voting since the only role useful to us is the seer, and they now can't freely voice any wolves they find without becoming targeted.
I do feel like maybe voting will kick start the game, otherwise it'll be us talking back and forth each day until we slowly dwindle down to just the wolves remaining.

That being said, I'm already suspicious of one person, which is Kait, but it might just be me grasping at straws or reading too much into things because this early on you just can't be sure. To me, her first comment on seeing who was active in the chat seemed like she was waiting to see who the more vocal/competitive people were to start killing off. Then her comment on wanting to just wait and see like everyone else makes me feel kind of like its phrased by someone on the outside trying to blend in, if you get what I'm saying?

But honestly, I don't even know, I'm probably just pulling poop out of my ass and overthinking it :p

Also I'm disappointed that no ones been spellcasted yet? :(

I'm not saying we shouldn't be trying, just that random voting never ends well in my opinion and I personally prefer to wait for a tangible lead before casting my own vote. Trying to get wolves is great, I'm just a 'sit back and collect info' trier rather than a 'process of elimination by lynching' trier. Which doesn't always work out for me, but it's how I seem to play (that is until I think I know everything and yell it out for everyone, which always leads to my death xD )

Daphne :cry:

So, as being newer to this game I have read through all the points everyone has been going through and I'm not sure which will be better in the long run. Lynching now could possibly get a wolf but it leads to that there are more of us then them sort of thing were we could lynch a villager because we have 'hunch'. Not lynching gives the wolves another night to pick off yet another villager. I'm going to sit back for now as well and see how the rest of this conversation goes before I make up my mind with which might be better for us.

Okay so I don't know why, but I'm really suspicious of Kathy at the moment. I vote to lynch Kathy because she's always talking about being a laid back and watch kind of person. What a great strategy for a wolf, right?

Honestly I've been suspicious of Kait too, so the fact that Jesse is suspicious too only makes me more suspicious lol. Though Teigan seems suspicious to me too... I'm not going to vote just yet but I'm leaning towards those two.

Professor Sloane Stark said:
Okay so I don't know why, but I'm really suspicious of Kathy at the moment. I vote to lynch Kathy because she's always talking about being a laid back and watch kind of person. What a great strategy for a wolf, right?
From memory she literally is laid back in these games though so idk :lol:

Assuming that Zach wouldn't waste his time typing an entire word one day at a time, I'm going to assume he wants to say Rowan.

I thought the R could also be for Rama Mowry? Not sure if he's indicating OOC names or IC names. :unsure:
Also my first thought went to R for Rory as in Aurora :o

Marisol Woods said:
He can only post a letter a day ;)

I thought the R could also be for Rama Mowry? Not sure if he's indicating OOC names or IC names. :unsure:
Sorry, I meant that I doubt he'd take days to write an entire word out, one letter per day.

You're not wrong, though. Hmm ...

Oh, and that's hard to go by anyway, he might not even know who killed him. Or, as the role stated, he could be trying to implicate the wrong people because he can pick which side he's on.

ohh I didn't know he could do that :o

Professor Sloane Stark said:
ohh I didn't know he could do that :o
Making the ghost not to be trusted!
oh_i_see_what_you_did_there.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back