Midsummer Werewolf

Tbh he's probably spelling a random word out, like I did early on as a ghost with the YMCA :p
If Zach wants to point the finger at someone, I'd suggest the first letter/character group colour tactic

I was literally just about to say we should bear in mind that Jesse spelled YMCA as a ghost XD I would imagine he's spelling RIP but again I could be wrong

I was thinking the same thing :p

Since Teigan has voted to lynch Kathy and someone is going to die today, I'm going to go with my feeling about Kait, so
I vote to lynch Lyra Potter

I don't see how I'm suspicious. I just went with what everyone else was doing. :p Since I don't want to die because I'm not a wolf, I'm voting for Kathy since she's already got one vote from Teigan. I might not be able to post before voting closes because I have to work.

I'm not really surprised that Kait is voting for me, seeing as wolf or villager she's saving herself. What is surprising is Abby, who on page 5 (post #72) said that Zach's letter R made her think of 'Rory' (or Aurora Night) at first thought - despite KR's post immediately below it that quoted the unedited version of her post which didn't mention me at all. Kind of curious for something that was a 'first thought,' particularly after someone finally decided to vote (for me).

I'll be going to bed after this but I'll vote for Abby while I still have the chance to do so, because of both her actions that I've mentioned above, as well as other circumstantial evidence I've been collecting so far (I assure you, I do not 'lay back and watch' in Teigan's words, this game behind the scenes, and you can see an example of my thoughts about Abby below). To be honest, I suspect this will be a repeat of the last game where I will wake up dead and you won't have gotten a wolf out of it, but at least it will make most people and their 'process of elimination strategies' happy. Not to mention the wolves themselves.
Abby is one of the people I previously mentioned being suspicious of, my first feeling being that I felt like she deliberately misinterpreted Teigan when the latter said she thought the beginning of games were telling, due to "people scroung[ing] for leads and in my opinion it is those who try the most who seem to be the least invested." I read into this as being wolves who were the ones Teigan meant were least invested, trying to both lead people away from themselves and cast suspicion on non-wolves to be lynched. Abby, however, said "Oh like they have nothing to lose?... But I see both sides, since they are presumably the innocent ones..." I admit this is all purely circumstantial evidence, and depends solely upon what Teigan actually meant by that statement vs. how Abby interpreted it - but this was the base of my suspicion, founded or no. In that same post, she also brought up the mention of voting, which to me felt like she was trying to kickstart a lynching without actually committing herself too heavily (something that her mention of me without then voting for me seems reminiscent of, especially as that post was also edited, with the last comment (generally the added one, assuming that's the edit in question) being the one where she may have tried to get lynching rolling by bringing it up).

Also, completely before all that began, Abby responded to my statement about my preference for not voting with "Yeah but not voting also reduces our chances of killing a wolf though if we're not even trying?" This also made me more suspicious of her - one because she responded to my statement directly, and usually when someone's not concerned with something someone's said they tend to ignore it, and two, because she was trying to counteract my stance - worried I might influence others into not voting, perhaps?

Added bonus: The literal copy-paste of what I wrote into my table concerning her (which is actually the quote, not the spoiler)
(Yes, my table that I have every game, and write down everything I notice in what people say, post by post. It's a bit early in this game for me to be 100% sure I'm right about Abby, but given the fact that last game (Birthday Werewolf) I was a villager who literally discovered two wolves, told everyone who they were, and then got lynched while they lived to lynch another day (and also, does anyone remember my first game ever (Yuletide Werewolf) where I went after Teigan on the first day (literal wolf) and Claire the second (literal Alpha wolf who tricked me and sacrificed herself so they ate me the next night :p )?Also you wolves in Valentine Werewolf, where I was the Devil, remember (or not haha) that I also rightly suspected at least three of you before I used my role to confirm one wolf and as such made contact with them.

This is literally me right now, complete with all the following trappings of the plot that came with this episode:
tumblr_msfznjhgvZ1s14cmno1_500.gif

Is that arrogant? Completely. But I am NOT a wolf trying to throw suspicion on someone else, however wrong or right I may be this one time. What wolf is this noisy? (Which was my argument last time, but hey, it apparently still gets villagers lynched.) Speaking out like this is suicide for anyone who does so, but at least once I'm dead I'll be able to contribute this particular information (wrong or right) through virtue of it being posted here - but not anything else, cause hey I'll be dead.

I get that this all sounds very salty, but I'll only feel apologetic about it if I turn out to be the Cursed role and didn't know it on account of not being bitten yet - in which case this whole rant will just be funny and I'll be very embarrassed. xD
Abby | Wolf? said:
Thinks Zach can say one letter today but he already posted a sad face/Is interested in why Teigan thinks the beginning is so telling, as she herself thinks it's too random
I feel like she deliberately misinterpreted Teigan, saying that the people going for leads were the innocent ones trying to save people/Brought up the mention of 'are we voting for someone?'/Edited her post
Liked Teigan's post about the wolves attacking Daph directly/Expressed sadness at losing a good role/Agreed with the general consensus about Daph - but is it just a bandwagon opinion to seem active? Didn't say anything new, just repeated the same things as everyone else
Says 'not voting reduces our chances of killing a wolf if we're not even trying?' - true, but people who have nothing to fear from my suspicions wouldn't feel the need to respond to me and defend random lynching, would they?
Thought Zach's 'R' referred to Rama/But apparently 'R' meaning 'Rory' meaning 'Aurora' was her first thought/Edited her post (which KR's quote handily tells me didn't involve me the first time, so what already feels like reaching feels even more so now)
Says she's been suspicious of Kait too 'now that Jesse says so' and that Teigan seems suspicious to her too, and is leaning towards those two​

Oh my dog, Kathy, that spoiler.

Oh boy, I thought I'd be targeted soon because I'm being too vocal in this game. These types of games give me major anxiety which is why I don't play them often lol but I actually got the courage to play this round and I wanna be as active as I can so I can feel like I'm actually playing & not just speculating from the sidelines like I usually do lol.
At the risk of "defending myself" I tend to ask a lot of simple questions for clarification & edit my posts a lot cuz I wanna be transparent. You're not 100% sure you're right about your suspicions about me, but I can assure you, you're 100% wrong lol.

When I posted about losing Daphne's role and "repeating what others said" Teigan managed to post right before me while I was posting so then it looked like I was just hopping on the bandwagon. And then when Jesse mentioned Kait I was glad because I *do* have suspicions about her and I was glad I wasn't the only one, but then I immediately saw how that could look like I was just jumping on the first vote. I've purposely withheld my vote right after Jesse made his cuz I wanted to wait and see if anyone else had any suspicions about others, and partly cuz I lowkey don't ever trust Jesse in these games either :glare: so I'm def not just bandwagoning on his votes/ideas lol.

I think people who are really vocal are targets so I fear that the wolves will try to take out Kathy as well. The fact that Kait voted for her makes her more suspicious to me so I vote to lynch Lyra Potter.

Because of the mass of overwhelming evidence that I very much appreciate Kathy for putting together, im going to change my vote to Abby.

....I have no idea what to say or think anymore. :lol:

I'm already confused at what to make of it all xD

I have to say it's strange you think Kait is suspicious though considering I also started the chat about seeing who was most active at the start :r

I think daphne is the type of person though to use bodyguard instead of save, even if it is the first round, so I don't think she was directly attacked. Also if it were me, I'd leave the most talkative till last since they're likely to point the most fingers and since we're day 2 they're not really in any danger.

That being said Jesse may be trying to frame Kait for something, and because Abby backed him up on that reasoning (and has most voted now I think..), I will vote for Abby. If Abby is a Wolf I would be very careful of Jesse..

Tbh, Kathy has fully won me over with that essay (? Not sure if that's the right word, but it was very structured.) As such, I vote to lynch Marisol Woods, unless convinced otherwise. Also, I do find editing posts to be suspect. Abby explains this as wanting to be transparent, but for me it's the opposite.I feel like editing your post looks like you're hiding something a bit. I find it a bit weird, that in the unedited post, she immediately says she thinks it could mean Rama Mowry; which we can presume was what first occurred to her since it's what she wrote first, but then when she edited it after she said R for Rory occurred to her first, but surely if that was what first occurred to her, she would've written that first? Obviously I may just be reading way too much into it, but it seems a bit suss to me.

I can't really argue with Kathy's lenghtly argument so I'm going to vote for Abby.

If the villagers didn't lynch me I figured I'd be killed off by wolves next anyway so oh well if you wanna start off with a losing streak, good luck village :tut:

Kathy's argument is very convincing. I'll switch to Abby as well.

I was just gonna accept my fate but I don't wanna die yet :( either way I'm not gonna go down without a fight. Tbh I wasn't very suspicious of Kathy, in fact I was worried she'd be a target but now it just seems like she's making a lot of hoopla over posts of mine that had no ulterior motives but try and make sense of the game so I think she's trying to keep attention away from her, which now seems suspicious to me. Obvs I'm biased & getting defensive cuz she's targeting me for no good reason as I'm not a wolf but just thought I'd point that out so you guys keep it in mind for the future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It likely won't make a difference in how you vote for me, but there is still time to change your vote :r :p

But she did give reasons, and you haven't explained the "Why" of those reasons, like why you edited the post rather than add another post?

Sara Moon said:
But she did give reasons, and you haven't explained the "Why" of those reasons, like why you edited the post rather than add another post?
When it comes to editing, I've also done this but you can't really tell unless you notice it yourself as I check off the don't show edit button thing..

I SWEAR IT'S NOT ME.. hear me out xD

I think for editing posts, it's just to make you sound clearer. I've reread my post and change my mind or realised it doesn't make much sense.. That being said I still think it could be Abby :r

Sara Moon said:
To be fair if you try to post immediately after you have just posted, it merges your post into one - though I'm not sure if this is relevant at all or if when this happens the post says 'edited' xD

Kathy did mention some good points, I'm also leaning more towards the wolf being Abby, though I'm not 100% sure. Marisol is a werewolf, does that count? :p

I wouldn't normally go with the majority unless I find it convincing and see why that person has been pointed out to maybe being the wolf, but this time I do vote for Abby as well. I get suspicious of most people too in this game though tbh. I can understand that everyone feels defensive.

I vote to lynch Abby. I have been convinced after watching what's gone down.

At this point I'm just wasting my time since the day period is almost over, but okay, I'll explain why I edited my posts & try to keep up with Kathy's super long post.

Thought Zach's 'R' referred to Rama/But apparently 'R' meaning 'Rory' meaning 'Aurora' was her first thought/Edited her post (which KR's quote handily tells me didn't involve me the first time, so what already feels like reaching feels even more so now)

1) I edited my post because it originally was telling KR that Zach can only post one letter a day, and I thought KR was saying that Zach could spell out a word one post at a time, multiple times a day. But I immediately realized what she meant, so I edited that out.
2) I included the R for Rory/Aurora bit because we were all trying to figure out what Zach's R could mean, since it's so vague. KR threw out the possibility of Rowan, I threw out the possibility of Rama, but then Rory came to mind as well, so I figured mentioning it to cover all our bases for possibilities as to who Zach could've referred to might help in some way. That's it. That's all I was doing, throwing out all possible options, no matter how "far-fetched" it can be equating R=Rory aka Kathy. We have absolutely no idea how Zach is choosing to play his role or if he's even on our side, so throwing out possibilities so no one goes under the radar seemed like a good idea to me, though now I'm obviously regretting that choice.

Also yes, when you double post, it does include the Edit line in your post and usually I uncheck the box, but for the sake of transparency I've been keeping it in during this game in case others read my first post and react to it quickly (like KR did).

Thinks Zach can say one letter today but he already posted a sad face/Is interested in why Teigan thinks the beginning is so telling, as she herself thinks it's too random
I feel like she deliberately misinterpreted Teigan, saying that the people going for leads were the innocent ones trying to save people/Brought up the mention of 'are we voting for someone?'/Edited her post

1) I forgot that emoticons counted towards his "one post a day" rule so that was just an oversight on my part.
2) Since I don't play this game often, I was trying to figure out how others play it, and since the beginning of the game is so random, I was interested in how someone would think that point of the game is "so telling." I didn't deliberately misinterpret anything? I was just asking for tips and/or clarification so I don't misinterpret anything.
3) Again, since I don't play often, and no one had voted, I got paranoid and thought we weren't supposed to vote yet/I had remembered the rules wrong and I didn't want to jump the gun for fear of making myself look guilty. xD

As for all the other claims Kathy made in her post, I think I have explained why I said/thought the way I did.

I realize all this aggressive defensiveness makes me seem more guilty :tut: but Marisol is a werwolf, not I. :correct: :p
It doesn't matter now since the day is almost over so I guess I'll just continue to play from the sidelines like I always do lol.

Whilst the villagers were uncertain whom to trust and whom to remove, the debate raged between them. Eventually, a few brave souls stood up and announced the names of those they wished to lynch. Much discussion later, a violent mob took off the head of Marisol Woods, someone who had been much admired by many of the villagers.

My count: [ul][li]Lyra Potter - 2</LI><LI>[li]Marisol Woods - 8[/li][/ul]Marisol Woods, a villager has been killed. It is night.
OOCOut of Character:
Well done to Abby for getting that extremely late post in ;)

Damn guys that's awkward for most of us being wrong there xD

RIP Abby :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back