Hufflepuff Camp Fire Y37/S2

The Hufflepuff meeting was always fun although she never did much, she always enjoyed the warmth and happiness these events had. When she arrived at the door she spotted a little note and her heart filled with excitement. She walked into the common room to water all her plants since she was sure she was going to sleep outside tonight. She grabbed a succulent and walked outside to where the camp fire event was in full blown activity. She walked straight through the flower crown table, although the activity was pretty ridiculous and Rose was against abusing plants for decoration she couldn't be moody all the time. After the crown she could always dry the flowers to repurpose them. She grabbed a big assortment of flowers and walked over to her friends. There she started braiding and making a very intricate flower crown. Rose smiled and hoped that when she was done there were still some marshmallows left.

Estella was looking forward to coming back after the break, mostly so she could see her friends again and ask them how their Christmases were. She liked going home for Christmas, but wished that her friends could go with her sometimes. As the Hufflepuff saw people walking away from the common room as she headed towards it for their semester meeting, she raised an eyebrow. Did they change the location of the common room or something now? As the girl approached the door however, she soon realised why they were walking away. The professor had organised something on the Great Lawn for them and Estella smiled as she went inside to collect her pillow and blanket before following everyone else outside. The professor really went all out, and Estella beamed around at everything he had set up for them. There were numerous tents, a fire, and even activity tables. Once the professor was done talking to them, Estella sat herself down on one of the logs with her friends. As Rosemarie walked over, she widened her eyes at what she was doing. "You're making flower crowns!?" Estella exclaimed, assuming it would've been something Rosemarie was against.

@Rosemarie Chatwin

Tilly followed Jenna’s example and smashed a hot marshmallow between two cookies and a piece of chocolate. It was delicious. She munched on the heavenly sweet sandwich and rested on the log as Jenna turned to chat with one of the seventh years. Tilly was feeling bloated and irritable all day, although she tried not to show it. The opportunity to chill out, spend time with her housemates, and breathe in the fresh night air was lovely. She wondered if Seraphina, her favorite Gryffindor, was still living in a tent, and she was tempted to sneak off to the lakefront to find out.

Lillith stuffed a toasted s'more and multiple pieces of chocolate in between the crackers. As she put this into her mouth she saw others doing it too and grinned. Lillith continued to happily chew on her treat whilst making a new one. She turned to her side to see one of her roommates. "I'm making s'more crackers!... Want one?" Lillith offered her the one she had just finished making, a little reluctantly. But there was a lot of marshmallows left and she could definitely make a lot more with what she had. She saw the flowers that her roommate had brought, she must have been planning to make a flower crown. Lillith did hear something about that but she wasn't too interested in that, her main focus here were the marshmallows.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Ana Sofia looked around for a second whilst she waited for Lillith to respond, waving to Rose and Essie when she noticed them. She chuckled when the girl offered her the s'more she had just made, shaking her head in reply. "Oh no, that's yours." She nodded towards the s'more Lillith was holding before picking up some flowers to start the creation of her flower crown. If there was anything creative to be done you could bet Ana would be first in line. "Also I don't want to get anything sticky on here." Ana smiled as she started braiding the flowers together, looking at the small pieve she had finished for a second to decide whether she liked the way it would look or whether she needed to try a different method. "They do look delicious though. You kind of have a thing for snacks and sweets, right?" She asked, looking up at the girl. She was pretty sure she'd seen Lillith with different snacks or sweets on various occassions and it made Ana curious if the girl had some secret baking talent that she wasn't aware of.

@Lillith Montgomery

Lucas looked around as he started eating his marshmallow. He spotted a girl nearby who had made a s'more, and he grinned as he leaned over. "That looks great." He told her. "That's such a smart idea." He laughed. "I barely prepared myself for this." He admitted. He looked at the girl who was making a flower crown. "That's pretty too." He told her. "You guys are second years, right?" He asked, as he recognized them both from the common room but not from his classes. He didn't really know younger students that well.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh @Lillith Montgomery

Lillith sighed a small breath of relief and ate the s’more herself, and closed her eyes at the taste. She quickly started making another as another person approached the group. It was one of her quidditch teammates, Lucas? To her knowledge he was the other seeker besides Elliot. “Do.. you want one?” She asked. Lillith had a sharing issue, she did like to make things for other people. But she also liked to eat her treats. It was all a big conflict inside her mind, but her mother had always told her to share.

“Kind of a thing?” She asked, a little confused. She wondered if maybe she was good at hiding her love for treats (she’s not), her acting skills must’ve been as good as her father’s then (they’re not), because there was almost nothing she loved more. “I have the biggest of things for sweets!” Lillith exclaimed, excitedly as she waved her hands around. “I’ve got more sweets waiting for me in the tent.” She added, giggling.

@Ana Sofia Burleigh @Lucas Fletcher

Ana Sofia casually continued waving her flower crown, trying to to chuckle when she noticed Lillith actually seemed relieved that she had turned down the s'more. She looked back up when another voice joined the conversation though, beaming when he complimented the flower crown she was making. "Thanks!" She smiled, giving a little nod in response to him asking if they were second years. "Yeah, we are." Ana giggled at Lillith's response to her question, knowing that it was pretty obvious the girl liked sweets. "Okay but I mean you make most of them yourself right?" She laughed, rephrasing her question in a way that perhaps made more sense as she picked up a couple more flowers to add to her crown.

@Lillith Montgomery @Lucas Fletcher

Elliot smiled when Lily joined him, gently returning her nudge. "Hey you, warm enough?" He asked, checking around his feet for where he'd set his stack of blankets. He was somewhat distracted though when Alice joined them on his other side, feeling his face heat up as she kissed his cheek before quickly ducking his head to peck her on the lips. "Hey, missed you," He told her quietly. They'd seen each other not that long ago, but Elliot was still glad to see Alice again, glad that with them all being back at school he didn't have to navigate things like work or visiting family to find time to see her. "You get a marshmallow? I think a few people are even making s'mores," He asked her, glancing around the camp fire both to confirm he'd seen chocolate moving around and to make sure no one was setting any fires or sneaking off. @Alice Holland @Lillian Lockwood

House meetings were usually pretty dull but painless, you sat in the common room for a minute, bothered your friends until the usual announcements were done, and then you went and passed out in your room because just being back at school was exhausting. None of that process involved going out onto the school lawn, let alone sleeping on it. Kas had listened as Professor Carter greeted them all around the camp fire, unable to resist a snort when the professor emphasized there'd be no mixed gender tents tonight.

He spent a few minutes milling around the fire, scrunching up his nose at the smell of burning marshmallow before he spotted Lucas talking to some younger year girls and wandered over to join them. "You think it'd be considering breaking curfew if I just went back to my dorm?" He asked Lucas mildly, dropping down next to him and half-listening to the chat the two girls were having about lollies or something, raising a quick hand in greeting to them both. @Lucas Fletcher @Lillith Montgomery @Ana Sofia Burleigh

Lily smiled a little as Elliot asked if she was warm. "Yeah, I'm warm," She reassured him, putting a marshmallow over the fire and slowly rolling it to toast it evenly. Her smile faltered a little when Alice appeared, ducking her head a little to hide the little tinge of jealousy. Not over the kiss, no, Lily had never seen Elliot in that way, but his reaction to seeing her. 'Missed you'. How long had it been since Elliot had even bothered to pretend he missed Lily in his life? She was happy Elliot was happy with Alice, Lily liked Alice, but she couldn't help the distinct feeling that she had been shut out of his life, bit by bit, and he didn't need her anymore. God, it was worse than that boggart in their defense against the dark arts class all those years ago. "Hi," she greeted Alice a little shyly, shifting a bit in her seat. "I... think I'm going to go make some flower crowns." She offered the two her marshmallow before standing and walking over to the flower table, sitting down a bit awkwardly next to a group and picking up a daisy.

@Alice Holland @Elliot Briar @Lucas Fletcher @Lillith Montgomery @Ana Sofia Burleigh

Alice grinned as Elliot said he had missed her, and she cuddled into his side. "I didn't get any marshmallows yet." She admitted. She saw Lily had one and was about to ask her where she had gotten it, when she said she was going to go make flower crowns and offered them her marshmallow. Alice hesitantly took it from her. "Are you sure?" She asked, but Lily was already leaving. Alice frowned, looking from the marshmallow to Elliot. "Is... she upset with me?" She asked him hesitantly. Things had seemed fine before she had joined them, and now Alice felt a little guilty. "It kind of feels like she left because of me." She admitted quietly.

@Elliot Briar @Lillian Lockwood

Abian grinned as the girl also knew who he was. It was so easy to find friendly people in Hufflepuff. Abian wondered if it was the same in different houses, but he somehow doubted Slytherin was this cozy and warm. He couldn't imagine Styx organizing something like this if he was honest. "Yeah, that's me." He said with a smile, blowing on his marshmallow before taking a bite. "This definitely beats the normal house meeting. Those are always so boring." He said. Then paused. "You're in my sister's year I think. Aisa, do you know her?"

@Samantha Jacobs

Clifton hadn't really known what to expect from an outdoor meeting, but the area Professor Carter had set up was a surprise nonetheless. He listened as the professor explained what they were doing, heart sinking slightly. Clifton had always been horrible at camping, and come home covered in mosquito bites. It wasn't fun at all, in his opinion, but he was here now, and that was that. Looking around his heart sank further as he saw Lily talking to Elliot, and realised he couldn't even spend the evening with his friends. With nothing else to do, Clifton made his way to the sage-burning table, hoping he could clear some of the negative feelings that had been following him all year. He should be happy, leaving things with Lily in the past and focusing on his great new relationship, but it felt like he didn't have anyone left in his own house he could talk to safely. Lighting some sage like they had in class so many years ago, Clifton waved the bundle carefully, hoping he could clear away these bad vibes and move forward feeling a bit better in future.

Connor had always wanted to go camping. Always. It looked like so much fun, sleeping outside. So he was absolutely thrilled when he headed down to the lawn and saw the set up there, bouncing slightly with glee. He thought New Zealand was too cold for a really good camping trip, but he had brought his thickest blanket with him, and hopefully that would be enough. After dropping his pillow and blanket by one of the tents he made his way over to the flower crown table, giving Kas a light nudge with his foot in greeting. "You gonna make one?" He asked, picking up a couple of flowers and looking them over as he tried to figure out how to begin. He greeted Lucas and the other girls he had been talking to with a friendly smile, and started working on a crown that would hopefully win him the contest.
@Kasim Safir @Lucas Fletcher @Ana Sofia Burleigh @Lillith Montgomery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back