Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Hi all,

This has been an idea I've had for a while but just haven't had the time to post. We're a pretty tight knit community, so I thought it would be neat for us to have this topic where we could celebrate each other's accomplishments big and small. Actually, I'll amend that to say no accomplishment is too small! :)

Did you graduate recently? Did you try out a new recipe and it came out just right? Did you learn to swim? Did you get out of the house today? Let's celebrate...you! :party:

OOCOut of Character:
As always, board rules apply!

Ahh that's awesome Lovi!
I'm officially (and finally) graduating on August 29 x_x I've gotten all my grades back and I have passed and I have the degree but the ceremony is on the 29th!! It's going to be weird to not go back to study but I am proud of myself and the fact I now have 2 qualifications!!

I have had a lazy weekend. However, I do feel accomplished for making three new homemade recipes:
  • Horchata
  • Vegetarian Biscuits and Gravy (made with lentils, probably a sin, I know :tut: )
  • Baba Ganoush

I have had a lazy weekend. However, I do feel accomplished for making three new homemade recipes:
  • Horchata
  • Vegetarian Biscuits and Gravy (made with lentils, probably a sin, I know :tut: )
  • Baba Ganoush
Wow wow wow. How did these all turn out? (If you have pics that'd be great too :r )

I'm not sure if this counts for anything, but I got a position as class representative at my uni a couple weeks ago :D

As of today I'm back full time to my pre-covid job! :party: It's been a long few months doing other work but I'm real happy to finally be able to get back to it.

@Professor Hezekiah Mowry

I drank all the horchata before I saw your post, but I took photos of the others.

IjMPsxD.jpg

mTficBJ.jpg

ZMDDhTo.jpg

Congratulations Cyndi. going back to study is really hard.
what are you going back to study?

mental health counseling and doing a specialization in victim counseling :)
That sounds really interesting Cyndi.

I did a room escape yesterday and we managed to escape with 17 minutes to spare, we only needed one hint, which was right near the start becasue we were told the first puzzle was hard.
the website said there was only 22% escape rate but the guy there said there was only 10%. either way we did well.

After being out of school for a decade (!) and deciding to go back to get another degree, I made it through my first semester back in grad school on Thursday. x_x but also feeling :cool:
I can't believe it's been a semester already!! Well done Cyn!!! You're awesome!

I had a great weekend doing a short film; I'm really proud of what we did and I cannoooootttt wait to see the outcome, the director was phenomenal. And I did a fight scene!!

I drank all the horchata before I saw your post, but I took photos of the others.

IjMPsxD.jpg

I've made gravy out of lentils before, but yours looks way better than mine turned out. Is that an egg on top?

This was me at work yesterday! What was the assignment for?
I'm studying animal care, and it's animal anatomy that is tough. So much chemistry and biology :doh:

This time next week I will be moving to a new flat (just so happens to be the day after I turn 28 argh). It will be the first time I'm living alone having lived either in flat shares or with family since first moving away from home ten years ago :mortified:.

Though I hopefully won't be alone there too long...looking at a certain someone.

So after a year that started off great, continued with seven good weeks in Australia and ended in having to literally finish my classes on my own from the other side of the world (and give a presentation at 3am) I finally got the official message that I've succesfully completed my bachelor's! :party: (now let's pray there can actually be a graduation ceremony in 1,5 months or so)

I have just submitted my literature review. a 3127 word rambling on a topic of my own choice. It is the biggest assignment I have ever completed and has taken me so many hours to do, it feels like such a relief to have it submitted.
now I am going to take a day or maybe two off this weekend before starting on my project proposal.

Great job Willow. I'm sure that must feel soo good to be done.

I'm moving in my new appartment this week, and I feel more happy in my life. Seeing things in a positive way again. Things can only get better now.

I need a hit of positivity since I've had a very rough start to the week...

I made homemade hummus. I took an online dancing class yesterday even though my brain was giving me all the excuses not to attend. And last weekend, my husband found an amazing antique (>100 years old and from another continent) literally boarded up in our basement ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back