Open Ask an Auror - SDA S1 event

Willow blushed slightly as James cade said that he had heard that she was quite the seeker. "Thank you, I wouldn't say I was that great" she said "We won our last game. our next match is against Slytherin which will be a tough one" she added. she hoped to win that too. She enjoyed her quidditch but it wasnty her lifes passion like it had been for Lizzy and even her mum before she gave up and went after her werewolves instead.
was glad at how well the event was going. the students were asking good questions. and the answers were good. she tried to remember everything that was being said. the next question that came through was one that she actually knew the answer to, and it was likely a while since either of the Aurors had been at school "is it okay if . "to be an Auror you obviously need to be good at defence against the dark arts, but you also need potions, charms, transfiguration, and herbology and at least one other class" she said listing off her class list. she knew the Auror requirements because she was going to be joining the department.

Hilda took some notes of the discussion, which she embedded in her sketches. Auror had a very interesting job, but with a lot of responsibility, the young girl thought that she might learn more about the subject.
One of the answers had been answered, Hilda took the opportunity to raise her hand and speak
"What is your best memory of your career yet?" she wanted to try to see the possitive aspects of the profession.

Lysander straightened up in his seat as someone sat down next to him, slouching back down when he realised it was Ajax. "Hey!" He beamed, before shaking his head no. "He's not in the SDA. I don't think he's coming." He frowned. He would have liked Wendall to be there, and hoped he'd join after doing better than Lysander had expected during the tournament. If any of his friends could have used a club about student defense it was probably Wendall, with how many jams he got himself into. Lysander would just have to look out for him more instead. He listened to some of the questions, not asking any of his own yet, since a few other kids beat him to it. "Do you wanna be an auror?" He whispered to Ajax after a short while, wondering if his friend was there because of the club, or because he wanted to join them.​
@Ajaccio Skey

Diana was really only a member of SDA for something to do, and she mostly focused on the dueling. Two years ago she had actually won the trophy for her year, though last year she had been unfairly beaten by Willow Cullen. Diana had almost not attended this stupid event, as it seemed to be geared entirely to people who wanted to become aurors, which was the most predictable thing. Almost every kid wanted to be an auror at some point, and now they were patting the few who managed it on the back by giving them more validation. It was such an overrated thing, and Diana bet the two who would be speaking were doing more paperwork than anything exciting in their day to day lives.

She watched Analei and Willow closely as the event started, having picked up some rumors of tension between the two of them about the whole Head Girl situation. But she also cast a glance at the aurors as she found a comfortable spot to sit and watch things unfold. Willow started the event and seemed to be taken charge. She introduced the aurors, and Diana mimed clapping for a moment. The Slytherin cast a glance at Jenna who was inspecting her fingernails and gave her a slight smirk. She seemed as impressed by this as Diana was. Analei asked the first question, and Diana rolled her eyes at how basic it was. The answer was just as basic, and Diana snorted. She listened to the next questions to be asked, but she was mentally zoning out already. She raised her eyebrows when Willow answered the next question, and raised her own hand. "I thought it was an ask an auror event, not ask a seventh year student event." She said, making her eyes wide in feigned confusion. "Why are you answering questions, Willow? Are you an auror?"

@Jenna Toubia @Willow Cullen

Maya listens to James take a jab at these questions. They were really good ones, typical questions she was asked before but never in a setting like this. It's nice to see the younger generation were eager to want to know, or how to fight justice. Potential future aurors start training from the school level, most of the time. Or, they apply unexpectedly like a certain someone. Maya smiles over at her niece, who didn't come across as the type to be in the SDA club. Maya gave her small little wave, and was going to answer a question from the young blonde and the one Selene asked. Willow stepped in, and Maya nodded along. "She's right, you can always check with your head of house. But she nailed it, though just in case check with your head of house. They can go over the requirements that you'll need to apply," the blonde added on, turning over to Selene. "Perfect charm spells and defense spells, otherwise never ever run into danger that you or anyone else can't handle. Make sure you have the means to be safe, your wand and a protective charm. In your case, premonitions, be aware of the meaning behind them," Maya went a little off there and turn away pick another student from the audience. A girl with dark short hair. "Well, um, I would say every case solved. From the smallest to biggest one well known, solving cases it's a good memory for every time it happens. One of them, I'd like to say is reuniting lost love ones. The Audrey Holmes case was a missing witch case from two years ago, finding her and reuniting the girl with her family reminded me why I do this job," Maya shares, that case will forever be embedded in her memories. It took a great toll of her, almost broke Maya at some point.

This event the SDA was having was the best event the club had ever had, in Jasper's humble opinion. He tried to be early, but was still running a bit late as he entered the great hall and found a seat. The two aurors were kind of old, but because of their jobs they were automatically cool in Jasper's eyes. He was eagerly listening to all the questions and answers, almost wishing he had brought a notebook like Violet Fields had done. Jasper raised his hand for a question after a while. "How difficult is training?" He asked them, leaning forward eagerly for the answer. Getting the right grades was already going to be a struggle for the Slytherin, and he wondered how training would be. "Does it involve book learning, too?" He added with a slight grimace.

Jenna peaks over Diana smirking, she's getting a kick out of the Slytherin's disapproval. Jenna nodded, agreeing. "I mean, pero like, she's right. Are you even qualified to answer these questions, Cullen?" Jenna butted in. "Leave it up to the professionals, not the wannabes."

Willow Lstened as Maya answered some more questions and some other really good ones were asked. She was pleased at the variety of questions a mixture of those about their experiences and those more technical about ow to be an auaor.
the next question however was not directed at her guests but at her. Willow could have Dianna as she asked the next question. and Jenna's echoing of it. she internalised a glare before smiling sweetly at the girl feigning the same innocence that Dianna was playing. "I am sorry Jenna, I was under the impression that this was an event run by the SDA, and that i was one of the people running this meeting. would you like Mr cade or ms Deniro to answer as well?" she said as Jena asked another question. "Can i answer that question as i am not an Auror yet?" she replied an edge in her voice even though . "Even though i am taking all of the classes are needed to get there, " she said. the next question came from another girl and closely mirrored a previous one. "That question has alreedy been answered and isnt adding to the topic" she said before gesturing to someone else with their hand up givingthe go ahead to talk. [/B]

Last edited:
Well, getting under Willow's skin was one way to make this event more amusing. She smirked as Jenna backed her up, and then smirked as Willow replied about taking all the classes she needed to get there. Her confidence was irritating, and was really more like arrogance. Diana raised her hand for another question. "Isn't it true that becoming an auror is very difficult and that many never make it?" She asked the aurors. "Even if they have the right grades when graduating Hogwarts? I heard many don't manage the training." She said with as light smile and a look at Willow.

Last edited:
Ajaccio frowned a little, he hadn't really been paying attention to who was and wasn't part of the club, so he'd forgotten or not realised he wasn't. Perhaps it was the fact he'd taken part in the duelling which had tipped him into thinking he was. Regardless there was no time to think about it, rather he was focused on as the leaders of the club got started. He didn't have any pressing questions for them, happy to listen as others asked theirs. He looked to Lysander as the boy whispered a question to him and he shook his head. "Oh no," he whispered, "I mean I haven't like decided for sure what I'll do but it's probably not an auror," he whispered quickly, "What about you?"

Ronald see the event for "Ask Auror". Ronald seee other classmate and friends Hilda, Beckett and Willow. He tried to ask to our Auror guest, "What most difficult sitution that encounter in your chosen path now?". Ronald think that their looks was good and thier pressence was very strong and he waiting to answer his question.

Analei scowled when Diana attacked Willow for answering the question. That was so typical of her. Another girl chimed in as well, but Willow stood up for herself, and the Auror didn't even linger on the attack, which Analei thought was very professional of her. Even though she knew Diana's next question was to get under Willow's skin, she was very curious as to what the Auror's would answer. Analei had a couple more questions that she wanted to ask, but figured she would wait until it quietened a little bit.

Willow heard Dina ask a question and she could feel the girl's eyes glaring at her as if challenging her to comment. it was actually a good question. she would not drop out. she was determined enough in her wish to be an Auror she would make it even if it killed her. and given the nature of the job it was a possibility. more so than if she was to play quidditch regardless of what a first-year was trying to protest.
She listened as a couple more questions were asked and answered before she raised her hand. "how often do Aurors often work alongside different departments of the ministry? such as the obliviator squad, the muggle excuse committee or the department for magical creatures" she said. wondering is there was a lot of interdepartmental collaboration with them or if they were the elite task force that worked alone.

Maya stays out of the back and forth going on with one of the SDA leaders and one of their members. Young, teen witches can be so...catty sometimes. So, nothings changed since she was their age. Maya cleared her throat and stepped forward to answer more questions. "As I said, she was right about the requirements, but, just to be on the safer side always check in with your head of house. And, they can guide you as you prepare to start the process of applying to become an auror. Support from your head of house can be helpful," Maya nods at Willow with a smile. If Willow becomes an auror, she will make a great addition to the force. Maya already liked how the teen carried herself, they needed more of that in their department. "Training, anything you go for can be difficult at first. They will push you to a limit, to boundaries you've never crossed before. You have to be sure you're up to the task, it's not child's play," Maya responded to the young Slytherin. He resembles so much like her brother that her words may have had a harsher tone than her other responses. Damn Lucca, she can just slap the side of her brother's head right now if he were present. "Book learning? Somewhat yes, but they want to see what you already know, what you're capable of doing before training begins. Meaning, continue to do your best in school," Maya moved on to the next question. She repeated the stories she's already shared with the young Gryffindor, and then paused for a second before opening her mouth again. "My age, if that makes any sense? Everything sort of becomes difficult as you get older," her voice trails off as a blush rose against her cheeks. Let's face it, she wasn't the young, hot-headed auror that she was before, and she became a mother in recent years. Age is definitely making it difficult in any situation she encounters. Maya is doing everything she can to fight against those difficulties as they come. "Hmm, a lot. Right, James? There is a lot of coordination and integrations with other departments. We count on them as they're counting on us, but of course, certain situations can't be helped by another department. It all depends really on the degree we want another department involved or not..."

Skylar was really enjoying herself, though the answer to her question about what subjects she would need to take had slightly discouraged her, as it seemed she basically needed to be good at everything which she currently wasn't, though she had to admit she wasn't too bad. Just not the best in potions especially. But on the positive side she was really good at charms, so at least there was that.

After the next few questions were answered, Skylar decided to speak up again, but this time going for something more interesting than her previous rather boring subject question. "What's the worst/hardest thing or person you've ever had to fight?" she asked once she was called upon, interested to hear what their answer would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back