🌕 Halloween Werewolf 🐺

Missed it, or didn't want to draw attention to it, wolf? :glare:

No I'm kidding. The Ghost role is one I've played a fair bit and it is useful, circumstantially, but not necessarily powerful. I could verify someone as a ghost in a past game when doubt was cast because I'd conveniently seen them while I was (briefly) a Seer before I died, and thats about the biggest use I've seen from it. A Wolf Ghost would benefit more from claiming to be a Special role like Seer, rather than Villager
yeah that's what I was thinking, a wolf ghost would probably claim to be the seer, especially when there's a fool as well. So even if they claimed it, the seer and fool in the game would just assume the dead person was the other seer/fool and wouldn't question it.

Exactly, the seer/fool roles aren't likely to figure out which they are/who the other is until late/r in the game, so a Wolf Ghost would have time to try and sow seeds of distrust.

oh i'm alive
Wait. Who is this? If you are so shocked remember life is only temporary. The wolves and reaper is coming for us all in the end (though hopefully not all of us in the game)
I don't think its ever happened, I don't even know if it can happen
I don’t think the wolves have killed one of their own intentionally before but I think one game the Cupid set the lovers up with one of themselves wolf and the wolves killed the other all on the first night.

Oh whoops I almost forgot this was happening again :p

My thoughts so far are that I think Kiersten is probably telling the truth and is a villager, but then again I've never played with the silversmith and ghost roles so I don't know how much good they do and whether it's worth it for the wolves to lose one of their own for it. But I don't think a single letter per day is of much use so I'm going to assume she was in fact a villager.

Also is there anything else about Kiersten that could have made the wolves target her? Like how many games has she played before, experienced or not etc, or was it just a random guess the first round?

I'm with Daphne, I don't think the wolves would kill on of their own and have one being the ghost. I never played this, it's my first time so I don't really know if that ever happened or not but for the wolves I think the ghost probably wouldn't be that helpful.
My thoughts on Kiersten's role...well I donmt know yet. She has no reason to lie except if she is a wolf which isn't very logical but is a possibility. I think it's too soon to know if she is lying or not.
Also, shouty to the wolves for not killing me on the first night:party:I'm new to the game so I wanted to play a few rounds before getting killed at least.

Rm also 1st timer in this game, what will be happen now make a choice to kill warewolves if we have luck to choose them.

Rm also 1st timer in this game, what will be happen now make a choice to kill warewolves if we have luck to choose them.
All players have until the end of the day phase (there are about 13 hours left) to vote in this thread for someone they think is a werewolf. The person at the end of the day with the most votes will be removed from the game, their role will be revealed, and we move into the next night phase.

To vote, you put the name of the person you're voting for in bold font. I hope that was clear, if you have any more questions about the game you can ask me any time :)

Whats happening in a no-vote scenario?

In my last game, I'd been in favour of forcing a random lynch for fear of letting wolves influence the vote, but now I'm realizing it's probably better for fact finding to have a vote every night possible, or we'll never gather enough info or momentum to find any wolves.

That being said, it does rather paint a target on your back to start throwing names around (and I'm feeling less scared of targets atm); though I'm inclined to suggest we consider voting to lynch the more inactive players. Either silent wolves are dangerous, or busy/silent villagers aren't helping us much if we screw up 🤔

The "lynch quiet/inactive players" route is pretty standard (and the most fair this early on), so I'm not against the idea. I think its what we default to every game

Downside of that is I feel like half our player base has been quiet lately, though I do think it's in part to having a lot of new players who aren't sure what to say yet..
Am tempted to post a list of everyone who's been online/active on the site since the day cycle started but not posting vs not online since the day started, but I'm not sure which group would be better to think about picking from.

Well we know that at least 1/4 wolves have been online but that doesn't actually help at all.
And even if someone hasn't been online on the account they've signed up with, they could have on another, so its up to you if you want to scour everyones sub accounts to see who has/hasn't been on :r
But I do think a list of who has/hasn't posted is still useful information to have

Also people can see this thread without signing in so they could be watching as a guest.

I've only played this game once before and I remember someone saying in jest last time that if Jesse isn't eaten on the first night, then he's the wolf.

I agree with voting to lynch the least active players, but will there be other factors which will then decide? Like do we vote to lynch the newer players because they have less experience, or do we lynch the older ones so we can give the others a chance to play? Or just randomise it?? I honestly have no idea, it's so hard so early in the game... x_x

if Jesse isn't eaten on the first night, then he's the wolf.
Consider if our wolves are all new players who wouldn't think to lynch Jesse since he's not been able to play more than a night in at least the 2 years I've been on the site. Or they're experienced players who remember that quote 🤔

But I agree with inactive players being the ones to look at just to give us a group to pick from. First lynch is pretty much a crapshoot of luck for present players, but future us will appreciate the voting patterns I guess.
And it's true, going off online activity has a lot of variables, so here's just a list of players who haven't spoken up yet during the today's cycle:
  1. Lily Harbour
  2. Harper Alston
  3. Selene Le Fey (Mia has posted on a different account)
  4. Lillith Montgomery
  5. Samuel Phillips
  6. Amy Rosemary
  7. Zennon Baros
  8. James Cade

Realistically, I do think that laying on the guilt pointing it out last time might have saved me. That, or they want to avoid me becoming the ghost night one, but I just...hope that's not the case because I would like to play at least a few rounds please :p

Oh, also, Rowan (@Ainsley Lynch), two questions:
Seconding Jesse asking what happens if we don't vote/is there's a tie. Assuming it'll be random chance?
Also, would the Silversmith know if they'd been targeted?

Yeah okay, just theorising as not much to go on yet. Do we know how many new players we have, enough to make a wolfpack?

I think the majority of people have played at least once before, I don't think theres a high/any chance of having a wolf pack comprised of completely fresh faces

If no votes are cast in a day cycle, there will be no lynching. In case of a tie, RNG will be used to break it. If the Silversmith is targeted night one they would have no way of knowing, as it would give away the Ghost's original role. On any subsequent night when the victim's role is revealed, the Silversmith's involvement (but not identity) will be made public.

I need to go to bed, but I do think it's important we vote for a lynch whenever possible to avoid missing any chances to potentially get a wolf, even if our odds are low early game.
Pulling from my activity list, I'm going to go ahead and vote for Amy Rosemary on the (fairly likely chance) I don't wake up in time to vote before nightfall.

I do understand the reasoning behind voting for players who haven't been active, but at the same time I think they may just be busy. If the wolves know that commenting makes them less suspicious, then they would have all posted by now. I'm more suspicious of the players who have posted once and for that reason I'm going to vote for Poppy Perkins.

After last game, we discussed how unfair it was for Jesse to always die day 1. It feels equally unfair to name him as wolf immediately now because he hasn't died :r

I think the inactive strategy is as good as any, this early on. For that reason, my vote goes to James Cade. I randomly picked a name of Kris' list earlier.

sorry, I haven't been particularly active today. i was at a wedding. and am still not looking forward to getting the makeup off my face.
and sorry for posting on the wrong account I really wasn't paying attention. I will change the account I log in with so that it auto logs in as Selene which should solve the problem.

It is really hard to know who to vote for on day one. the discussion seems to make sense there isn't much evidence to go on. and it has been a, for the most part, quiet day so far. Am i allowed to be slightly glad we dont have Brian and his long essays playing?

I think the ghost role is as useful/powerful as the person who plays them.
to be honest, I have no idea who to vote for. so Lily Harbour sorry you are first on the list and that is how (un)creative I am feeling tonight.

Thanks for the list Kris! Just looking back Harper Alston did post right at the start. Right now my vote is for Lilith Montgomery.

We do know that one of the people who hasn't posted may have been spellcast. I say may because it depends if the spellcaster has been on or not. Just looking at the list Dan is always super quiet during the game unless he has something noteworthy to say, doesn't mean he's not the wolf this game. But his not posting isn't hugely different from other games. I have no impressions about the other people who haven't posted.

With the speculation about our ghost, we also know they aren't the dire wolf or their partner, right? Because we'd have lost two people then, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back