Y43 Sorting Reactions!

Sorting is still a short while away, but that doesn't mean we can't have some exciting sorting chats here! It's never too early, right? ^_^

As always, we love to hear your thoughts and reactions as we work through the process of sorting and transfers and exchanges! This is always such a fun time! :party:

Are you having a character sorted or transferred this year? Maybe more than one? Ten? (You know who you are. :r )

Are you going to try for an exchange student?

Where do you think your character will end up?

Do you think they'll be happy about where they end up? How is it going to impact their first year or their entire schooling? Do you think the sorting hat will have a difficult time placing them? Any character expecting that the sorting hat won't be able to place them and they'll have to go home? :p

If you've already been sorted: Did you get what you/your character expected? Did the sorting hat say something funny to you? What'd you think of that? How nervous was your character to be sorted? How nervous were you?

Happy Sorting! :party::party::party:

So I'm feeling absolutely weird that my very first character has graduated and along with her also Niklaus and Blair, and it's odd. But I'm sorting two characters this year - Georgia Astor and Christopher Easterling.

So, Georgia is the perfect type of kid and an unknown sister of Elizabella Drake. But I'm ready to bet that she will be a Ravenclaw, I'm so sure that there is no other place for her to be sorted in.

With Chris (who's btw Niklaus's little brother) I'm not sure where my head is turned to. I'm having a thought that he will be a Gryffindor but I'm so not sure where he would be sorted into and he doesn't have any preference himself either. So, I'm just so curious about this.

Yayyyyy sorting!

I've been looking forward to my kid this year for a wee while - Holden Marshall, the youngest of the Holland/Marshall half sibling mess. He's very like his oldest brother (Eric) in that he has a lot of anger he doesn't know how to express or deal with, especially since the loss of his mother & discovering that he has two older brothers his dad just.... never bothered to tell him about. I could easily see him following Eric into Gryffindor which would be quite sweet, since Penny wound up in Hufflepuff like Connor. Hufflepuff is a bit of a possibility as well, but the more I think about it the more surprised I would be if he winds up anywhere but Gryffindor.

watch me be completely wrong and he winds up in ravenclaw somehow lmao
Yessss Eric 2.0 - I miss that group.

Yessss Eric 2.0 - I miss that group.
LMAO i actually found this when i was going through my folders last night

z1XV2dX.png

throws holdens sig in the trash this is all i need

edit: i actually think we were calling him Beric Holland for a while too before he had a name

Last edited:
My first sorting I'm so excited!

I just have Conan and he would like to be a Gryffindor like his mum, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Hufflepuff either. I don't see him being a Ravenclaw and he absolutely doesn't want to be a Slytherin because he doesn't want to be anything like this absentee father lol

I just did Oz's form and I genuinely don't know where he'll go. Nor do I even have a preference this time! I could see him ending up in any house, except I think Slytherin is the least likely. It'll be a nice surprise wherever he ends up! :lol:

It's my first time in a long time that I'm breaking my own promise and sorting two students!
I'm sorting Ruby Maeve and Astraea. I feel like either of them could potentially be Slytherins, but Astraea definitely has a Ravenclaw vibe, and Ruby a Gryffindor!
Super excited hehe! Merry Christmas everyone :p :santa:

Now the wait begins!!

I wrote a lot more than I expected in Santiago's app and in his sorting post, and I'm very curious to see where he get's sorted. I'm pretty sure he could land in Gryffindor or Puff fairly easily. But I'm not always the best and figuring out houses....

Also loving the higher than usual concentration of grumpy boys haha

[Account switched but not that it really matters lol]

Woooo I’m actually really happy. Because if June was not in Slytherin she would be an failure already to her parents and than her development would change an bit. xD But when I filled out the form Slytherin was stronger than Ravenclaw to me.

I like the green on her.

After writing the form, Rion’s Claw qualities were a lot clearer, but I still wasn’t 100% sure!!! I was surprised that the hat thought she’d do well in Hufflepuff as for some reason I thought Gryffindor was the other most likely house. But she does have a strong sense of fairness so I suppose it makes sense hehe

She is going to have conflicted feelings about this for a while!!!!! I think she’ll be happy deep down, but afraid that she won’t be able to fit in with kids from the other houses any more. This is going to be fun :lol:

After writing the form, Rion’s Claw qualities were a lot clearer, but I still wasn’t 100% sure!!! I was surprised that the hat thought she’d do well in Hufflepuff as for some reason I thought Gryffindor was the other most likely house. But she does have a strong sense of fairness so I suppose it makes sense hehe

She is going to have conflicted feelings about this for a while!!!!! I think she’ll be happy deep down, but afraid that she won’t be able to fit in with kids from the other houses any more. This is going to be fun :lol:

Haha I love the Definitely Not a Nerd with it xD

I'm building an army of puffs, I guess. :r

Not totally surprised, I thought he might have more claw traits but I thought Gryffindor would be very much in the equation. But Hufflepuff I can certainly see, he's not really a hard worker nor especially nice generally but he's not a bad person and he's a bit creative. So the "idk, Hufflepuff I guess" pick :r

Gryffindor!

As I was writing out the app I did get the feeling that he was maybe more Hufflepuff that I gave him credit for, but I'm happy for my boy that he got what he wanted.

I'll put two on the sorting this year Myra Verbeek and Christian Jones.

Myra is more associated with Hufflepuff for me and I would like to put her there.
Christian, I don't even know, maybe he's Gryffindor or Slytherin. Then it will be seen which of these two he could be.

I came very close to being sorted into the Slytherin! It was a surprise to me because I don't really see him as a Slytherin. So I'm glad the hat heard my prayers and sorted me into Ravenclaw. That would be all about my thoughts on the sorting. I'm really looking forward to sorting the other Ravenclaws! :lol:

I have 2 I am sorting. Horror Zhefarovich and Loki Styx.

I have a feeling Loki will be either Slytherin or Ravenclaw.
Horror is a bit of a toss up. Both might be Slytherins idk.
Loki being in Ravenclaw makes sense.
Horror being in Slytherin also makes a lot of sense.

Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs are rare for me. xD

My boy!!

He looks so good in red and I'm really happy with where he ended up even though he could care less lol. Does make two Gryffindors in a row for me 🤔

As I was waiting for him to be sorted I was predicting either Puff or Gryff so I'm glad the hat agreed with that. It's always validating to know you were on the right track haha.

Angel's a Gryffindor.

I must say I was surprised she got it although it sort of shows???
She surprised me to know that she would be fine with any of the four houses, be it with her twin or not. After all, she has cousins in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw too. She was okay with Slytherin as it was her dad's house. This is interesting.

Until which date is the sorting?

Talked myself into a second sort 😗

Corn is without question the most obnoxious character I've ever played (stiff competition in that field...) and I can already tell he's going to be a ton of fun to write. He's got pretty intense ambitions that will almost certainly land him in Slytherin, though he's got a need for love and attention that could possible slide him to Hufflepuff in the hopes that the house would be a good influence on him :r Below it all he's just a scared, lonely kid. That scared lonely kid is just wrapped in layers and layers and layers of awfulness....

Wheeeeeee Slytherin 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

I would have been surprised if Corn wound up anywhere else, but it's nice to have it confirmed :p He's definitely guided by his ambitions, even if they come from outside pressure more than his own interests. I'd like to formally apologise to all Slytherins for having to put up with him for seven years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back