Open Y42 Club Fair

Angel sighed when he heard someone calling for him, getting to his feet with a groan before walking over to the SDA booth. "Problem?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and directing to specifically at Indira and Flynn.
@Indira Khatri @Flynn North @Anisha Khatri

Dahlia listened to the girl in charge, humming thoughtfully. It didn't seem the most organized but usually there were supervising teachers and coaches helping with school clubs. Which were usually sports teams and bands, and not just...whatever this was. Which didn't look like this girl's fault, just the school being disorganized. She did get momentarily distracted by Anisha making a scene, trying and failing to suppress a giggle. Maybe she should join too, Dahlia thought, amused. Turning back to the arts club girl, she nodded. "Sounds like a challenge. I'm down," she agreed, writing her name on the sheet in messy, loopy handwriting. She didn't really handwrite a lot at home, so it was taking some getting used to. "Cute!" She added, taking a few minutes to draw on a gingerbread person with icing, sticking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth as she focused. She gave the gingerbread person a flower crown and a sash, with a lopsided smiley face. "Thanks!"

Dahlia headed over to the Heta Omega table behind Leah, moving to sign up for that next. No question she was joining the girls club. She probably would've gone to an all girls school anyway and while boys could be good to look at they could also be pretty gross. "Oh, these bracelets are super cute," she exclaimed, admiring the handiwork.

@Niamh Eriksen @Ana Sofia Burleigh

Conan had heard about the clubs from his sister Molly and Conan couldn't wait to sign up. The Ravenclaw boy entered the great hall where the club fair was held and looked at the different options of clubs. The newspaper sounded boring for his liking, and he wasn't gonna sign up for the girls club. The art club sounded interesting, but he didn't think he'd sign up for that. Conan did like the sound of the boy's club and the wild patch kids club, but he wasn't sure which one he wanted to sign up for first. He decided to go with the brotherhood club first. "Hey, I'd like to sign up!" Conan says enthusiastically. Conan knew his brother was in the club so he was excited to be in something with his brother.

@Jordan Harris

Essie beamed as a younger Hufflepuff girl was quick to approach her. She seemed to like Essie's decorations and it made the prefect very excited for her to join. "Those sound like great ideas! I'd be glad to have you on our team." she told her with a smile, before turning to the boy she was with. "Sure, just sign your name on the paper."
@Marnie Frogg @Emery Mettlestone

Marnie beamed as the paper leader complimented her, giving a little pleased shuffle. "Thanks! I'm so excited I always figure I should write down my ideas so I don't forget so like why don't I just write them down and publish them too and if they're all colourful then it's way easier to wanna write and read them right I'm trying the same thing with my homework this year-" Marnie started, realizing belatedly she was probably holding up the line a little, even if that included Emery, and gave a little wave. "Can't wait for our first meeting, bye!" She said, resisting the urge to stick her tongue out at Emery as she left, but only just.

Anisha grinned as Indi shoved the sheet at her, immediately returning to the table to quickly fill it in. She snorted as Indi said others wouldn't think she was cool, using Dorian as an example. "Please, he wouldn't know cool if it hit him in the face." She muttered as she signed her name on the sheet. Professor Castillo joined them, probably because Anisha had been shouting for him only a moment before. "Oh, sorry professor, not anymore." She said with a smile. "My sister here already helped me."

@Dorian Fitzwilliam @Indira Khatri

Savannah had come to the club fair but she wasn't exactly sure why. Savannah wasn't really someone who ever took part with things. But she had also never been at school before, and had never had the opportunity to be a part of things. So here she now was. Savannah wasn't sure what to sign up for. She didn't necessarily care for a lot of things. Plants could be cool but she wasn't sure if it would be worth it when she already did herbology as a class. She ended up approaching the heta omega stand. A sisterhood. The last thing that Savannah needed were sisters, but perhaps...this would be a good place to meet people. "Can I sign up?" Savannah asked, ignoring all of the others as asked to sign up.
@Ana Sofia Burleigh

Gregory was so curious about the different clubs that he could join. He knew quidditch wouldn't necessarily be for him, so he was curious to see what else he could sign up to. Gregory spotted a lot of different stalls. Gregory felt a little nervous, his fight..well, it hadn't been a fight..but his nose was a little bruised, the bridge of his glasses hiding it not more than he wanted to. He spotted the SDA club first, and after finding out it meant student defence association, he wondered if that would be a good club for him again Cassius, but he didn't want to do that. He spotted the yearbook club and next to it was the arts club. Gregory had often been kicked out of arts classes because he usually caused a mess. But he wanted to try it..."Can you be kicked out of a club?" Gregory asked the girl at the stall nervously, pushing his glasses up his nose.
@Niamh Eriksen

Jordie was undeniably nervous, but determined. He hoped @Ares Kuya-Tine would swing by to see him, but he pushed that aside, instead just focusing on setting up his stall. He had made pamphlets for the brotherhood, mostly with information about the clubs history and previous presidents and events, but he thought it was a fun touch. He set down the sign up sheet, focused on straightening the pens and pamphlets when he heard a voice. Jordie looked up to see a young boy, one of the first years, standing there. He straightened immediately, and smiled. "Hey! Go ahead, just add your name to the list," He replied easily, tapping the page with his finger. "I'm Jordie. What's your name?" @Conan Burke

{OOC: Tag @Jordan Harris for questions regarding the brotherhood}

When Ruto had heard about there being clubs at the school, she knew she wanted to join a couple, but wasn't sure which ones. She figured she would join at least one this year, see how it went, and then maybe join another next year. The girl entered the Great Hall and looked around at all of the different possibilities. A Wild Patch Club sounded interesting, so she made her way over to the older Hufflepuff. "Can I join?" she asked her.
@Rosemarie Chatwin

Essie listened as the girl continued to speak. She definitely sounded fun. "Oh that's a great idea to do it with your homework too! Would you mind if I stole your idea? My NEWTs are this year." she asked, hoping the girl wouldn't mind. She frowned a little though as she was then quick to leave. "Oh, bye." She sighed, just sitting and waiting for the next person to come up to her.
@Marnie Frogg

When Ares had heard Jordie was now leader of the Brotherhood, he was proud of him but also a little nervous. This would mean Jordie would have even less time, so it was up to Ares to try and see him wherever he could. He entered the Great Hall where he was sure he would already be. It didn't take long to find him, and he had already found his first recruit. Ares walked up to them, smiling at his boyfriend. "Hey, how's things going?" he asked, hoping he wasn't annoying Jordie by being there.
@Jordan Harris

Conan smiled and nodded his head as the older boy told him to sign his name. "Cool!" Conan said excitedly as he grabbed the sign-up sheet. "I'm Conan," Conan says with a small smile as he wrote down his name on the sign up sheet. "Thanks! See ya later" Conan says with a small smile as he noticed an older boy approach the table. (@Jordan Harris ) Conan decided to make his way towards the wild patch club, he had also noticed a girl from his house nearby. "Hey! I'd like to sign up too" Conan says with a smile and a wave.

@Rosemarie Chatwin

Renata was already a member of a few clubs, having signed up for them when she transferred into the school last year, but she wanted to go down to the club fair to see if Sky needed any help. Renata probably wasn't actually going to offer any real help but the amount of people coming up might be a bit daunting and the moral support would be helpful. She quickly spotted the arts club, grinning when she saw it was next to Accio so she gave Eugene a smile and a wave as she went to sit down next to Sky, giving a reassuring smile to the boy who had approached. He looked like he had been beaten up a little, something Renata recognized right away from her own experiences at Durmstrang, but she didn't want to draw attention to it in case that scared him off or made him uncomfortable. Instead, she'd just offer assistance to Sky by making the boy feel welcome. "Don't worry, they're really nice in the arts club," she said, kindly. She leaned in, slightly conspiratorial. "Last year I didn't even get my piece to our event, completely messed it up, and they didn't get upset or anything, there was no problem with me staying in the club. If you want to join then no matter what we'll love having you be a part of it." She gave the boy a small thumbs-up before turning back to Sky with a grin. "How is it going?"

@Gregory Friend @Niamh Eriksen

Leah's smile grew even wider when the club leader said she could take one of the friendship bracelets. She was tempted to take more to maybe give to the girls in her dorm but she resisted the urge. Thankfully that was about the time the other girl had finished signing her name. She took the clipboard next and wrote down her name as neatly as she could. Her handwriting usually was a mess so she tried to make it legible. She also grabbed a sweet before waving goodbye and was ready to see what else the club fair had to offer. Looking around the hall it was hard to choose. The paper sounded interesting but she didn't think she could handle writing anything she wasn't going to be graded on. She knew it would be hard enough to get her regular school assignments done on time. The gardening and arts club both sounded fun but she didn't think she had a green enough thumb or was creative enough for either of them. Finally she spotted the table for the SDA and the boy behind the table. She grinned mischievously and walked right up to him. "I know you." she said to the boy who had sold her her wand. "You run a club?" she asked in surprise. "What's it all about?" @Ana Sofia Burleigh @Flynn North

Last year, as Harper was coming to grips with the fact that her time at Hogwarts would soon be ending, it had occurred to her that there were vast swaths of school life that she'd never experienced. There were parts of the castle she'd never seen, school traditions she'd never partaken in. While her classmates had immersed themselves in school life, she'd mostly done her own thing and had built her own version of Hogwarts life around a tight-knit group of friends. Harper didn't regret how she'd spent her time. But now that she was in her last year, she did want to try some new things, and that's why she'd created a bucket list.

One of the items on that list: join a club. Sports aside, Harper had never been one for organized activity, and none of Hogwarts' clubs had ever interested her. But now that she was seriously considering a career as an auror, she figured it couldn't hurt to join the Student Defence Association. The club also felt like a natural fit considering she'd been participating in their annual Dueling Tournament for years now. With this in mind, Harper headed straight for the SDA table in the Great Hall. She felt a little out of place since most of the students milling about were first years, some nearly a foot shorter than her. But she didn't let that deter her, and she shot @Flynn North a small grin. "Hope it's not too late for me to join," she said, picking up a quill to sign her name.

The club fair was rather busy and this was going to Rose’s last one. She needed to pick a successor soon as well. Something that was pretty difficult to do for Rose. A girl and boy walked towards her stand asking to join and Rose offered them both a tomato plant pencil to sign up. ‘’Of course!’’ ‘Rose said ‘’Here is a cherry tomato pencil’’ Rose smiled ‘’If you are done with it you can plant it into a pot to grow a full blown cherry tomato plant’’ Rose said excitingly. ''If you do sign up, you can pick one of these plants to grow and care for yourself.’’ She said happily.

@Conan Burke @Ruto Vernier-Raison

Conan smiled as the older girl handed him a pencil and nodded along as she explained the pencil. "That's so cool!" Conan said excitedly, as he then signed his name on the signup sheet. He smiled a little when she offered to keep one of the succulent pots that were offered. He nodded and decided to pick up one of the succulents to keep since it would be nice to keep one as well as thinking it would be a little rude not to take one since she offered. "Sweet! Thanks! See you later" Conan says cheerfully. He waved to the older girl goodbye before looking around the rest of the club fair. There was nothing else he wanted to sign up for, so he decided to leave.

@Rosemarie Chatwin

Seamus certainly felt too old to be at the club fair, but after participating in a couple of the duelling tournaments, he realized perhaps it was time to actually sign up for the club. The Slytherin walked into the great hall, and immediately spotted the person he needed. Flynn had run the duels the previous year, and given Seamus was mostly on the Slytherin quidditch team (as a bench warmer), he had some knowledge of the other teams too. "Can I just put my name there?" Seamus asked, already reaching for a quill, he didn't want to prolong this more than he needed to.
@Flynn North

Rosie had signed up to all the clubs that interested her, but she had been looking for something to do, and the fair just happened to be on. She glanced to see if there was anything new, almost sure that she was spotting a little club in the corner, a history one, but that didn't interest her. She continued moving around and she spotted the yearbook. Rosie liked the yearbook, she liked going through it, and ever since she'd picked up photography she realized how much work it would take to do it. She ended up straying over to that table. "I'm not looking to sign up…. I'm just looking," she said to the friendly looking boy at the stand.

Eugene as predicted wasn't that busy. He could see that others were, but he wasn't. It was thankfully close enough to jump in and help Sky if she wanted it, but he noticed Renata join her and felt reassured. He waved back at her with a warm smile. He hadn't yet had time to spend with her, but knew he should definitely take her up on her offer of tea one of these days. Eugene glanced up as someone approached the accio stand, they were younger than him, only by a couple of years. He just nodded at her words. "Are you interested in photography?" Eugene asked if she was looking, perhaps she was, and they would have new spots on the team eventually.

Ana Sofia watched as the first two girls who had signed up moved away and others took their place. "Thanks! I made them myself." She beamed at a girl who complimented the bracelets before nodding towards the sign up sheets. "If you want to sign up just put your name on there." She said before turning her voice to a whisper. "Or if you don't and just want a bracelet I guess I can spare one but that's just between you and me." Ana added with a soft giggle before turning to another girl that had approached her table. One that seemed a little more direct. "Sure." She responded with the same friendliness as she had offered the others. "Just add your name to the list and that's it. All members will be notified when we have our first meeting." @Dahlia Doherty @Savannah Walters

Niamh could see the girl's seemed to be distracted by something going on a few tables away. she looked accorss and saw there was something going on at the SDA table before returning her attention back to the girl in front of her. who was writing her name on the paper in front of her. "Nice to meet you, Dahlia. I'm Niamh, but people usually call me sky" she said. watching as the girl took some icing and daintily iced one of the gingerbread people. "that's a pretty crown" she said before the girl disappeared into the crowd.
it was from that crowd that a familiar smiled emerged as renata came and joined her behind the table. "hej Renata" she said glad that her friend was there as some form of support she puth er arm around the girl in a brief hug before a boy approached. he seemed nervous and fidgety and she was not expecting the question she got. "I've- she started at the same time renata started to speak. she bit her lip slightly as her friend complimented the club. she couldn't help but feel the warm glow as if renata was talking about her specifically. "I've never known anyone get kicked out any of the clubs. she said. "at the arts club in particular everyone is welcome. it doesn't matter on the skill or what type of art you like" she said thinking that this certainly tied in with her idea for the first event that she was going to host. . "I'm sky and this is Renata, and like renata said it would be great to have you on board" she said.glad that she was maybe not quite as bad at promoting the club as she had worried. at the sound of her friend asking her a question she turned to her. "thanks for helping. things are going well. ashe said not wanting to expand on that while at the dair. she said not wantingto expand much more than that with the new recruit was there.

@Dahlia Doherty @Gregory Friend @Renata Stepanova

Last edited:
Flynn continued t not to say anything and just observe how Indira handled the situation. Not very well, apparently. "Smooth," he simply offered his co-leader before his attention was grabbed by a girl walking right up to him. Flynn just blinked at her. "Good for you," he drawled as she announced she knew him. He couldn't remember her, but he was guessing he probably sold her a wand or something. "Duelling, mostly. Though that would be obvious." He wasn't really in the mood to be explaining things to first years, especially not the annoying ones (not that he had yet to meet a first-year who wasn't annoying). And the day continued to surprise him when none other than Harper came over and asked to join. "It took you long enough," he huffed at his classmate, folding his arms across his chest, "Did you not think to do this sooner?" He would have thought after years of doing well in the duelling tournament she would have signed up for the club. But no, it had taken her six years to take an interest. He didn't really pay much mind to the older boy he vaguely recognized from the Slytherin team as he went to sign his name down as well, only offering him a shrug of his shoulder in response. He could sign up if he wanted to.
@Leah Thorne @Harper Alston @Seamus Reid

Savannah nodded, taking one of the quills and signing her name where she was supposed to. She nodded lightly at the girl. "Okay," she said somewhat nervously before moving away. She didn't have to go far, spotting the student defence association, that would be more useful than anything else. She approached the table and spotted that a few other people were signing up. Savannah took the quill and wrote her name after an older boy did. "Will I get to do duelling or do I have to wait?" she was sure she'd heard someone say that first years couldn't duel, but she would find out for herself.
@Flynn North

Users who are viewing this thread

Back