Y41 Sorting Reactions

Sorting Hat

Sorting is still a short while away, but that doesn't mean we can't have some exciting sorting chats here! It's never too early, right? ^_^

As always, we love to hear your thoughts and reactions as we work through the process of sorting and transfers and exchanges! This is always such a fun time! :party:

Are you having a character sorted or transferred this year? Maybe more than one? Ten? (You know who you are. :r )

Are you going to try for an exchange student?

Where do you think your character will end up?

Do you think they'll be happy about where they end up? How is it going to impact their first year or their entire schooling? Do you think the sorting hat will have a difficult time placing them? Any character expecting that the sorting hat won't be able to place them and they'll have to go home? :p

If you've already been sorted: Did you get what you/your character expected? Did the sorting hat say something funny to you? What'd you think of that? How nervous was your character to be sorted? How nervous were you?

Happy Sorting! :party::party::party:

Hello!
It's good to see you here :)
I am thinking choose about Gryffindor and her sister Isabella Wagner to as Gryffindor. This year something else need. ^_^

"I gotta stop winding up with too many students!"
NwOs9mD.png

"I'll make a strict rule so I never wind up with seventeen at once again!"
o8agyj3.png

"What's a rule I'll definitely be able to stick to... I know! I'll set a hard maximum of two per year, but aim for one!"
NsFIhFM.png

"I'm sure I'll be able to stick with this totally reasonable rule and it will cause no problems whatsoever."
Z99nlcf.png

So I'm sorting 3 kids this year!

Blanche Broomhead is the very very slightly younger twin of Silas Broomhead, and she's still beyond bitter that he wound up a full year ahead of her at school. For all that she resents Hogwarts she is excited to learn. She's a very creative kid and a bit on the unusual side, so I'm thinking Ravenclaw seems most likely, though I could also possibly see her as a bit of a left-of-field Gryffindor? Time will tell!

Rāwhiti Te Rangi is the younger brother of Manaia Te Rangi & he is Your Best Friend. He's a walking labrador puppy. Rāwhiti is cool with pretty much everything, and when he really likes something he goes all in. Mostly, he really likes Quidditch. I think Gryffindor is most likely for him, but I could also possibly see him following Manaia into Hufflepuff. The only one I'm absolutely certain about is that he won't be in his auntie's house - one day one of Kahurangi's family members will wind up in her house :p

Daria Bright-Root crawled into my brain a few days ago and WILL NOT LEAVE and she's all I can think about right now @_@ Younger sister of my adult char Timothy Bright-Root, she's just moved to NZ and she's adjusting to everything around her being new and unfamiliar. Daria is a little bit shy and a whole lot sweet, she loves singing and baking cupcakes for her friends. She's got some pretty intense Hufflepuff vibes, but I could definitely see her winding up in Ravenclaw as well!

I was really planning to stick to my rule, but Daria's set up permanent residence in my brain so I'm throwing her in as a bonus sort. A little anxious about balancing 3 kids in the same year again but WOW I am SO EXCITED to see where this lot wind up!

HELLO!

SORTING!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Okay... I'm in the similar boat as Rowan. I was originally going to only sort ONE character this year, which was going to be Elizabeth, but I suddenly had the idea of making and sorting Joshua... I know I could've waited a few more IC years... but you see... I kinda wanted to sort him sooner rather than later =)) I might regret this... but we shall see hehehe!!!

ANYWAYS!

The characters I'm sorting this year are...

Joshua Lynch - He's a muggleborn and is really utterly confused with magic, but he thinks its really cool that he's a wizard. However, he's like a lost puppy, absolutely clueless and may ask a lot of questions, especially with this new world he has entered. He has a huge passion for sports, and I can see him getting into Quidditch. Though he literally has no idea how to play or what the rules are, so someone may have to teach him ahaha! He's also into dance and anything sports related! He's quite soft-headed, energetic and clueless.

The houses I see him in are: Either Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. I personally don't see him anywhere else, but who knows, the hat is filled with surprises hehe!

Elizabeth Rogers - She's the unknown sister of my 7th-year character, Alexander Rogers and is the twin of Sofija's character, Mila. Lizzie much prefers to be called Lizzie, absolutely hates the name Elizabeth. She's quiet, loves the outdoors and plants. I haven't really developed much of her yet, so I don't really know her personality-wise, but we shall see how it goes!

The houses I can see him in are: Mostly Hufflepuff? Maybe? I can kinda see a wee bit of Ravenclaw in her.

SUPER EXCITED FOR SORTING! And I'm excited to see and meet the new firsties!

aaaaaAAAAAAAA

Okay so I'm also sorting a couple but hopefully I'll be able to have a good spread of houses then I'll be able to be good on students for a while.

Firstly there's Yuelia here who I'm feeling kind of Slytherin or Ravenclaw? She's very curious about the wider world and thoughtful but the more I think about her the more I know she's got a strong Slytherin streak. :r Also her dad was one and I think she'd want to be a Slytherin just like her father. She could also throw me and end up in Hufflepuff but I think she's a bit too mean cause she's mostly only nice to her dolls. :lol:

Then I have Michael Watson who I've really struggled with, I think I was trying to push him to Gryffindor but then I realized I already had him in my mind for a story I was trying to write and that Michael is leaning Ravenclaw. He could still end up a Gryffindor or a Hufflepuff (he's a nice kid with an overbearing mother who likes to use humour to get on people's good side) but he's very analytical so I'm hoping Ravenclaw.

Oh, and I'm also hoping to transfer Renata! I'm not quite sure how transferring in to houses works but she's either a Gryffindor or a Hufflepuff easy. Even with the unscrupulous rellies (her immediate family is fine at least) and having been sent to Durmstrang. She's an absolute ray of sunshine because I really need one character who's actually a cheerful sort. =))

It's the most wonderful time of the year! :party:

I just have one this year, Ethan Alexander, and I'm very excited to send him off to school since he's been pestering everyone in the meantime. He's a funny little guy and is incredibly nosey/curious and has no reservations about talking to strangers. Boundaries? What are those? He also loves monster/scary movies and reading about any ghost or creature he can get his hands on, and that was before his mother told him she was a witch and he was magical too. So he's been adjusting to that.

I get some pretty strong Ravenclaw energy from him but he could surprise me but I'm not sure he has enough traits from other houses to really put him anywhere else, but we'll see!! It would be nice to get another claw since I just lost one though!

Not sure what choose for her
But i think she will be Hufflepuff student, but she hoped that she will be the same house with Annabeth and Ravenclaw is not house for her. ^_^

I’m pretty sure Bianca will be In either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. :D Between her love of collecting shark teeth and attending jousting matches, where else could she go? Lol!

Last edited:
For the first time in ages, I'm sorting two kids instead of one. Am very excited for them both and I think they'll break my slytherin-gryffindor-slytherin-gryffindor streak.

Emery Mettlestone is first, he's a bit quiet and nerdy and on the outside looks rather sweet but he's also pretty snarky, sarcastic, and can be a bit arrogant in his own way. He absolutely refuses to learn anything about Quiddith and will tune you out if you talk to him about it. At the same time, he's incredibly obsessed with gobstones and assumes everyone plays and knows the rules. He will definitely bore you with endless gobstones fact if he deigns you worthy to be his friend :r I'm thinking either Ravenclaw or Slytherin for him.

But the one that will really break my streak (I Think) is Penelope Marshall. She's the half-sister of Eric and Connor Holland, as their dad left them when they were young and had a new family years later. Her mother recently died, putting a lot of responsibility on Penny's shoulders. She tries her best to bear it, but it has resulted in her being a bit of a mini-adult. Her dad is not the most reliable person, so Penelope feels like she has to do things correctly for both him and her younger brother. She's a very normal teenage girl and I think she'll enjoy being away from her family for and getting to be a kid. For her I'm thinking maybe Hufflepuff?

Yessss sorting!!

I haven't sorted a girl since Salem (who's a fifth year now oh god) so Marnie is well overdue. She's a very passionate crafter and loves bright colours and making things, which naturally makes me think she has Claw potential, but she's also got huge extrovert energy which might push her towards Gryff or Puff so we'll she 👀

As usual, I am sorting just the one this time. Though I honest to god have no idea which house he would fit into. I think I've done it again and created a character who could perfectly slot into any house XD I just don't want another Gryffindor tbh.

I was only gonna sort one but I'm struggling with Bryan a bit so I figured I'd be safe and sort two in case one doesn't stick (as is so often the case xD )

Bryan Duffy
I could see him being a Ravenclaw easily, he's very hungry for knowledge for the sake of knowledge. Loves robots, electronics (RIP), and making things. But he's also incredibly caring and goes out of his way to be good and kind so he could just as easily be a Hufflepuff. I don't think he'd fit in the other houses but we'll see!!! I feel like I gotta do some more character development for him cause I'm not as inspired as I wanted to bee

Liesel Besemer

Bit of a last minute character but I had muuuuse - Liesel is a bit socially clumsy, deeply into trading card games (or rather, just collecting the cards), easily stressed, and prefers to be alone. She's really tricky for me to guess... but I think she'll end up in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw as well! I'm really excited for her :D

I'm trying to be slow and take my time coming back! But I can never resist sorting.
I had the idea for Kate awhile ago, so am sorting her this year.
She's pretty shy, but eager to make friends. She's only really had interactions with adults, and her parents have brought her up to be very polite. She hasn't really experienced meanness so I'm excited to see how she'll react to that hehe.
Very probably Hufflepuff!

So, while I'm just there crying about Kiara and Sebastian graduate, I have two kids to take in their places in school. I have twin year this time.

First is Mila Rogers - a twin sister to Lizzie played by Maria! I would LOVE her to be a Hufflepuff but I perfectly know that whenever I want a Hufflepuff, I get a Gryffindor and with how many Gryffindors I have, it's clear to see how much I tried to get a Hufflepuff! But also, i knew she was gonna be a Gryffindor since the beginning!

Second is Sabrina Wagner - twin sister to Ronald Wagner. She was just a literally random idea and I got overly excited to play her. I kinda see her as a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin because someone has to take Kiara's or Seb's place hahaha but really, she just has those two houses as her whole personality lol

Can't wait to see where all the kids are gonna get sorted!

After doing Marnie's sorting form her Gryffindor side made a strong showing but Ravenclaw potential still lurks. I feel like it could be 50/50 either way so we'll seee 👀

If Yuelia isn't in Slytherin I'll be shocked. :lol:

Having done Liesel's form I'm thinking Ravenclaw or even possibly Slytherin for some reason, but can't put my finger on why
Can't really see her in Hufflepuff any more but maaaybe I'll be surprised :D

Usually the sorting form always takes me forever but Ethan's was pretty quick comparatively. Saw a bit of every house but Hufflepuff as I went. Still think he leans more Claw but we will have to wait and see!

I'm so excited to see where everyone's kids end up but it's a good lead for Gryffindor's so far haha

AHHHH! Sorting has finally arrived!! So exciting!

Josh - After completing the sorting form, I still got the vibes of either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor, but I was leaning more towards Gryffindor after the form. And it looks like I was right hehehe! Glad that he's been sorted. His happy he's sorted with his friend.

Lizzie - After completing the form, I'm slightly more unsure of what house she'll be placed in, I kinda sense Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. But with the sorting hat, you never know, they can surprise you hehe!

I'm FINALLY done doing all my sorting posts so here's my post-form analysis

Blanche - I have no idea what's gonna happen to her. Her form went all over the place and pretty much no house would surprise me at this point. I thought she was gonna be much more concretely a Ravenclaw, but the more I dug into actually writing the sorting form the more complex she got. Legit no prediction here I have no idea.

Rāwhiti - I said I didn't know whether he was going to wind up in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, and I haven't gotten any more certain. His personal preference would definitely be Gryffindor, but I can easily see him going either way.

Daria - Another one I don't have a concrete feeling about. I think Hufflepuff's most likely, but she could definitely fit well into Ravenclaw, and.... maybe that's more likely actually. I've been going back and forth about what I think is more likely and I just don't know ahaha

SUPER excited to see how things turn out!

"I'm gonna think about Michael more" then I sorted him anyway. It's 50/50 on Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, not sure where. Yuelia is probably Slytherin but may go Ravenclaw, and if Renata gets approved she's likely Gryffindor but I would not be too shocked if she winds up in Hufflepuff. We'll see what happens! The suspense is killing me! :lol:

Woot woot! I've been a long-time lurker on this site and have tried to join in a few times in the past but have never gotten the habit to stick! Here's hoping this all changes with Galen Greengrass!

I've got a feeling he'll be in Hufflepuff. He's a kindly boy with honesty as a major character driver. Honestly, Gryfindor would also fit, but looking at the ratios of people who've already been sorted I think he'll end up in Hufflepuff to keep the admissions roughly even.

Welcome Danny! Can't wait to see where Galen ends up :D If you ever wanna plot feel free to drop me a line!

Having done Liesel's form I'm thinking Ravenclaw or even possibly Slytherin for some reason, but can't put my finger on why
Can't really see her in Hufflepuff any more but maaaybe I'll be surprised :D
Yees I thought probably Claw!!! 🦅 🦅
So exciteddd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back