Y39 S2 | Brotherhood and Heta Omega Bonfire Party

Ana Sofia loved club meetings and being part of three clubs made things even better. She had enjoyed the combination meeting of the wild patch and the arts club, even if she had been a little disappointed that it had meant one less meeting to attend. Nevertheless, heta omega hosting a bonfire party with the brotherhood sounded like it might just make up for that. Ana listened as the clubs' leaders spoke, clapping when they were done before heading straight for the snacks.

It was a common fact that Isaiah thrived on club meetings. He was never alone at one and it was certainly an easy way to hang out with people, most often his friends. He listened to the club leaders speak, immediately curious as to who would be taking over. Once they were done talking Zay looked around to see if he could spot someone fun. He noticed some of his friends already talking but also noticed Issac a little furth down though, decided to head over to the older boy instead. He hung out with his friends often enough after all and hanging out with someone older obviously made him look even cooler than he already was. "What's up dude!" Zay grinned when he reached the boy, holding out his hand for a casual fist bump. @Issac Jacobs

Having grown up in the middle of a city, Weston had never seen a proper bonfire before. His parents had occasionally floated the idea of going on a family camping trip, but those plans had never materialized. So he was very eager to experience his first real bonfire with the Brotherhood. Getting to hang out with Heta Omega and meet more people was also a nice bonus, and Weston was glad the club leaders had decided on this party as their joint event instead of the blind dates. Those never seemed to go well for him.

Weston did his best to listen to the club leaders as they gave their goodbye speeches, though his gaze kept drifting to the massive fire in the middle of the Great Lawn. He did make sure to clap and cheer after Simon and Noel spoke. It would be strange not to see them at Brotherhood events next year. Once the speeches were over, he made a beeline for the snack table, piling a plate with biscuits, chocolate, and marshmallows before joining a clump of kids next to the fire. "So," he began conversationally as he stuck some marshmallows onto a stick. "Does anyone have any good ghost stories?" He was pretty sure that was what you were supposed to do at a bonfire — roast marshmallows and tell spooky stories.

Out of all of Celia's extracurriculars, Heta Omega had been the biggest letdown. Her big sisters had barely talked to her, and there hadn't been nearly as many parties as she thought there would be. Sororities were supposed to lead to lifelong friendships, and she definitely hadn't acquired any of those. The idea of a bonfire party with the Brotherhood was promising enough, but she didn't have high expectations. Her whole Hogwarts experience had been one disappointment after another.

The leaders' speeches had barely started, and Celia was already beginning to regret coming. She was wearing a skirt, having chosen to dress cute, not warm, and the wind bit at her exposed skin. As soon as the leaders were done, she moved closer to the fire and started to look around for someone to talk to. She became distracted when she spotted Caleb pull a marshmallow out of his pocket. Celia wrinkled her nose in disgust. To her surprise, Ivelisse chimed in, seemingly in agreement. "That is so unhygienic," she said with a firm nod. Sometimes she found it hard to believe she and Caleb were the same age.

@Caleb Thorne @Ivelisse Burleigh

Caleb hadn't realized people had taken notice of him. He saw Ivelisse and shrugged. "Whaa?" he asked with his mouth still full. A second later he managed to chew and swallow the marshmallow before letting out a laugh. "I didn't expect it to be that hot." he said defensively but still grinned. His tongue definitely wasn't happy with him but he wasn't about to let that stop him yet. He wasn't surprised when Celia had something to say. He rolled his eyes, was she always such a drag? He wondered what it would take to get her to lighten up a bit. Not everything was as serious as she made it out to be. "Just because your trousers are dirty doesn't mean mine are." he shot back. He noticed she was wearing a skirt but he didn't really care. @Ivelisse Burleigh @Celia Vuong

Jingyi was already thinking about what he wanted to eat when he heard a voice, frowning and shoulders instantly sagging when he heard his twin's name come out of his mouth. "No," he offered with a small frown, "That's my brother." Maybe he shouldn't be surprised, he was always getting confused for his twin and vice versa. But he would have thought the obvious birthmark over his eye would have made it quite obvious to most that they were different people. Then he fully turned to face the other boy, tilting his head, "You were going to play football?"

@Louis Alcott

"so now you just hold that over the fire, not in the flames but over the hot bit" Linden said as he finished making the next twist and held his one over the fire to demonstrate the cooking
It seemed like lindens idea of sitting by the fire with Lucas were interrupted by the sound of a "hi guys" and the appearance of Jordie. he blinked a couple of times then looked up at the third year. "Hey Jordie" he said making twistbread, grab a stick and I can get you one to cook I have made them before putting marshmallows in the middle which is pretty sweet too" he said he had a feeling that he may be starting a production line. especially when another boy joined him. "Hello It's Louis right? are you joining us for too" he asked as he rotated his stick in the fire.

@Lucas Fletcher @Jordan Harris @Louis Vernier

Issac looked up when he had heard a voice, and smiled when he had noticed that it was Isaiah. He lifted his eyebrows as a 'sup' as well as fist-pumping the younger boy back. "Hey, dude! Nothing really" Issac chuckles a bit. He had enjoyed the snacks that were provided, he sure was gonna have to roast the marshmallows at some point. "How about you bro? What's up?"'

@Isaiah Thompson

Nolan looked up as he heard someone speak to him and smile. "Thanks, mate. Thought it would be nice to have some nice tunes tonight!" Nolan says with a smile, as he continued to play his instrument. He had thought that bringing his guitar was a good idea, and he was glad that he had brought it. He smiled as the girl started to whistle, not minding it at all.

@Niamh Eriksen

Ivelisse grinned at Caleb, pretty sure it was common knowledge that eating a marshmallow straight out of the fire felt like you were actually putting the fire in your mouth. She hadn't even noticed he had stuffed the marshmallows into his pockets untill Celia joined them. Ive had tried to get along with Celia in an attempt to have someone on her side in their dorm before but so far she wasn't sure if a) it was even working or b) whether it was worth it. She didn't seem like a lot of fun, but then again not everyone she was around had to be. Some people had other assets. "Aren't, like, most bacteria and stuff killed by the fire anyways?" She chimed in with a small shrug. @Celia Vuong @Caleb Thorne

Isaiah stuffed his hands into his pockets after greeting Issac, giving a little nod when things seemed to be going good. "Yeah, nah, not much going on here either." He responded as he looked around to see if he noticed anyone else he knew. "Just trying not to study too much, bonfire's the perfect excuse." Zay added with a laugh, knowing he'd much rather try not to study at all. There wasn't much he hated more than exams and if he could he would delay getting started on them the day before. At least now he could still do so. Sort of. Once his siblings joined him and his dads had others to compare him to he might just have to try a little harder. @Issac Jacobs

Louis frowned when the boy said no, but then he explained it was his brother. Louis looked a bit closer, and realized this really was a different boy. The birthmark was obvious now that he was looking more closely, though the dim light made it a bit more difficult to see. "Oh, excuse me." He said quickly, putting up his hands. "Yeah, we talked about it when he said he wanted to be part of the Quidditch team." He explained. "What's your name? My name is Louis."

@Jingyi Huang

Sully was glad they were able to have one last hurrah out on the lawn before the school year really started wrapping up. He was distinctly aware that he actually had to do well on his exams this year and it was really making it hard to want to celebrate when he knew there was a pile of homework waiting up at the castle. Though arguably it was all the more reason to spend as much time out by the bonfire tonight as possible. "Give you a galleon if you jump that fire, Simon," Sully said with a grin, throwing an arm around Simon and Noel's shoulders as he joined them after their little speeches, giving Sam a quick nod in recognition too. "I can see it now, 'Esteemed club leader goes out in a blaze of glory'," he said, waving a hand through the air at the imagining headline and giving Simon a nudge. @Simon Thorne @Noel Waldgrave

Nicole had some reservations about teaming up with the Brotherhood sometimes, the boys could be a little unpredictable, but she was still excited to spend a night out on the lawn with both clubs. Even if it was still a bit awkward being around Noel. He seemed to have moved on after asking her out, and obviously Nicole had moved on too, but she couldn't help but glance over at him a bit longer than the other club leaders as they each addressed the gathered club members before the party got properly started.

Nicole lingered near the fire, feeling like she should probably keep an eye out for any of the younger kids so they didn't burn themselves. Plus it was a bit chilly out and Nicole hadn't dressed warm enough for the night air so it helped. She noticed Hattie sitting near by, deciding to join her, sitting down next to her with a little smile. "It's hard to switch off the prefect brain sometimes, aye?" She said, nodding to where some second years were fussing around with some marshmallows. She'd been keeping an eye on them in case any trouble started, but the evening seemed pretty tame thankfully. @Hattie Thorne

Hattie couldn't help but continue to watch Sam from afar as she waited for her to finish talking to people. She wasn't sure how long her friend would be, and almost became bored until Nicole approached her. "Hey Nicole." she said with a smile, happy that someone seemed to want to talk to her. The pair of them never spoke much before, but meetings like these definitely made that possible, and a part of Hattie regretted not being close to her sooner. "Yeah, sometimes." She looked over at the second years that Nicole was referring to. Hattie had only been prefect for a little while, and sometimes it made her feel a little sad that a lot of people around her had more experience, but she was still very grateful for the position, despite how much she felt like she didn't fit in. "Marshmallows are fun though. Did you want to roast some with me?" She picked up a stick from the ground, holding it out to her in case she wanted to take it.

@Nicole Fisk

Lucas smiled a bit as Linden offered his shoulder to lean on if he wanted to sleep. "I don't think the club leaders would appreciate me sleeping through their event." He said with a slight smile. "Besides, I don't want to miss out on the food." He said, taking the dough stick from Linden. "Thanks." He said, smiling up at him a bit shyly. Things had been a bit strange between them lately, but he appreciated that Linden was still his friend too. Jordie joined them, and Lucas turned to him. "Hey, Jordie." He said, waving the dough stick at him in greeting. Before long they were joined by a younger boy who was in Jordie's year. Lucas thought his name was Louis. "Hey." He said again, before holding the bread over the flame the way Linden showed him.

@Linden Cullen @Jordan Harris @Louis Vernier

Simon made a face as Sully threw an arm around his shoulders but didn't immediately shrug it off. He made an offended sound at the other boy's proposition. "A single galleon?" he asked incredulously. If he was going to leap to his potentially imminent death he would like to think his life would be worth significantly more than that. "I don't think anyone would say I've ever been particularly glory seeking." he said dryly. "Ask Noel." he suggested but regretted it. If anyone would be egged on by a suggestion like that it would be a Gryffindor. @Solomon Tofilau

Jingyi continued to look a little surprised as the other boy spoke again. "Xinyi wants to join the Quidditch team?" This was the first he had heard of it. Xinyi had never told him this. Sure, Jingyi hadn't ever really asked his twin, but he hadn't thought Xinyi would have wanted to be on the team. He always seemed too soft to be involved in contact sports like that. A part of him almost didn't want his brother to make the team, simply because he didn't want to see him getting hurt by bludgers. And because with his twin on the team that would be one less spot for himself to make it. "Oh, but I'm Jingyi. The younger identical twin."
@Louis Alcott

Emma grinned at Samantha, glad she seemed happy to be approached by Emma. She was pretty cool, even if she was a prefect. Emma blushed a bit as she asked about her relationship with her brother. It was a bit weird to talk to Issac's older sister about the relationship, and Emma was glad Lars had graduated before he could have said anything about it. Now he didn't need to know. "Oh, no." She said with a laugh. "I give him more trouble than he gives me." She said, grinning slightly. "But nothing too bad, I promise." She said quickly before she could think about getting them in trouble.

@Samantha Jacobs

Louis was surprised the boy hadn't known his twin wanted to be on the Quidditch team. He wondered briefly if it was supposed to be a secret, but then dismissed that idea. What a silly thing to keep secret. Besides, he hadn't told Louis it was a secret, so even if it was, he couldn't really be blamed for spreading it. Could he? He shrugged. "He told me he wanted to, but I warned him the competition is killer." He said. "I tried last year and I'm pretty good, but I didn't even make alternate." He tried to sound casual about that, though it still bugged him a lot. "The tryouts were pretty crowded." He added. "Nice to meet you Jingyi."

@Jingyi Huang

Gwen felt a little frustrated when no one approached her, but then she spoty Molly and she decided to head over to her. She smiled and handed her a marshmallow on a stick. "There you are." She said as if she had been looking for her the entire time. "Is something the matter?" The Hufflepuff didn't look as cheerful as she usually did. "This should be fun, right? Let's go toast these at the fire." She said encouragingly. "Maybe we can get a few girls together." She said. She spotted Sky nearby but she was talking to an older boy, which made it at least easy to ignore her.

@Molly Burke

It took Celia a second to realize Ivelisse had been referring to Caleb accidentally burning himself and not his totally unsanitary method of transporting food. Why was the former even worth commenting on? She rolled her eyes at Caleb's comment, deciding not to even dignify it with a response. Some people couldn't be reasoned with. She turned her attention to Ivelisse instead. "Fire's not going to do anything if there's lint or dirt," she said, unsure why she even had to explain this. Celia's opinion of her roommate had improved somewhat over the past year, but that was going to change if she found out Ivelisse also liked to carry unwrapped food around in her pockets.

@Caleb Thorne @Ivelisse Burleigh

Molly looked up when she had heard somebody was speaking to her and smiled brightly when she had noticed the familiar face of her friend. She giggled a little. "Oh, no, nothing," Molly says with a small smile and shook her head, as she gently took the marshmallow on a stick. She nodded excitedly in agreement as Gwen had mentioned getting a few girls together. "Yess! That sounds like fun!" Molly says excitedly with a giggle, as she then looked for any familiar girls that she knew. She noticed that her housemate, Sky had been speaking to... her brother? That had surprised her. But other than Sky, she didn't really know any of the other girls nearby.

@Gwen Goodwin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back