Open Y37 Club Fair

The crowded courtyard was a nightmare for Violette, but she was here on a mission. Ducking past crowds of people and avoiding older students, she made her way to the Heta Omega booth. She didn't necessarily want to join the club, but her parents had wanted her to make more connections at school. This seemed the easiest way, even if it was also terrifying. She waited behind a few other girls, trying to wait for her turn to sign up. The girl in front of her refused a cookie because she was watching her figure, which was the sort of thing Violette had only heard adults say. She briefly wondered if this really was the club for her, but then suddenly she was in front of the club's leader and there was no going back. "Can... can I sign up?" She asked timidly, not quite looking at the pretty older girl running the stand.

@Cyzarine Haden

Branson glanced up as both Weston and Eoin joined him. "I plan to," he said, he looked to the leader and signed his name up, passing it to the other boys so that they could add their names too. He thanked the leader. "I'm going to go look at the Hogwarts Monthly stall," he told them before he headed over to it, perhaps they'd join him at it, or decide that they were going to some of the other stalls, he was still debating about the others, but perhaps those two would be enough for now. His sister wouldn't be happy he wasn't joining the wild patch but it would be fine, and the SDA, he couldn't duel yet so best to wait till next year. Instead he headed over the hogwarts monthly stall, he overheard the girl talking about ideas they had and he was glad he did have an idea of what he could write. "Hi," he said nervously hoping that he wasn't interrupting anything. "I'd like to join and I have an idea for what I could write, if I need one to join," Bran wasn't sure he would need one but he did also have one, so why not say that.

Elliot smiled when he saw one of their current members approach the booth. "Hey, no you're all good. Any other clubs you're interested in though?" He asked Saira. @Saira Lykims

Sydney just rolled her eyes when Tyler kept insisting all the table clutter was for the good of the club, focusing instead on the next girl who'd approached the table to look to sign up. She had an air of determination Sydney could appreciate, sliding the sign up sheet towards her. "Go right ahead," She said. @Ivy Ashworth

Ivy nodded and signed quickly. "Would you say that people in your club have an advantage in some classes?" She asked. "Like Defence? Because you practice that?" It was how she intended to sell the idea of this club to her dad. It would be nice if it was actually true.

@Sydney Townsend

Last year Brooke had been focused on getting used to her classes, not wanting to split her time between that and any other activities. Now though, she felt like she had a decent handle on things and it was time to spread out. Her first target for a club however was going to prove a little difficult. Sydney had made it perfectly clear that she didn't want her in the SDA, but they both knew she couldn't actually stop her without good reason. Still, Brooke would rather avoid a showdown in the middle of the club fair, so she skirted around the crowd, waiting for the ideal moment to approach.

Thankfully, Ivy also seemed to have her eyes on the SDA, and Brooke slipped over as Ivy was talking to her sister, giving the other leader Tyler a quick smile as she hurriedly scribbled her name down on a sign up sheet, hoping the other students perusing the booth would shield her from view until she was done.

"Definitely," Sydney said to the girl's question as she finished adding her name. "Practicing certain spells in a classroom environment really doesn't compare to having to think on your feet and know how to defend yourself against another human in an actual duel. Plus we're hoping to teach spells and techniques they don't cover in class as well," She added smugly, pleased to share some of their plans for the year. @Ivy Ashworth

William nodded and handed the young Hufflepuff girl a sign up sheet, trying what he hoped was a friendly smile. "Here you go, just sign your name here." He looked up as another girl approached, asking to sign up again, and snorted slightly with laughter. He nodded when Elliot responded. "Yeah, once you're in you're in for good, you gotta tell us if you wanna quit." He chuckled softly.
@Tessa Traynor @Saira Lykims @Elliot Briar

Weston smiled when Eoin approached the group. "Yeah, I'm signing up. You should join us! It'll be fun." Games and parties, what could be better than that? He also thought it would be nice to hang out with his roommates somewhere other than Ravenclaw tower. When it was his turn, Weston took the pen and carefully wrote down his name before handing it to the next person.

Weston wasn't all that interested in the newspaper, so he gave Bran a friendly wave as the other boy headed off. He debated whether to stick around with his friends or make his way the Conglomerated Arts Room. Maybe someone there would know how to sign up for the arts club.

Lilysmiled warmly at Cyzarine " Great, cause I'm gonna stay one. " she said with a smile. Her next plan was to visit the Wild patch club, she hadn't really enjoyed it much in her first year so she just wanted to let them know that she won't be a part of it again this year " Hi, Uhm, I was part of the club last year but I just wanted to let you know that I won't be a part of it this year. I wanna try the SDA instead this year " Lily explained
@Elliot Briar

"Thanky!" Tessa writed her name and last name. Now she needed find Heta Omega club. "Hello? Can i join heta Omega?" She asked another girl and hoped she say yes.

@Cyzarine Haden

Elliot felt his smile drop a little when one of their other members dropped by to let them know they wanted to leave. "Oh no, you can do more than one club, it's okay," He said, trying not to look too disappointed. "But that's fine as well, I mean. You can always come back if you change your mind." @Lily Harbour

Salem had always been a fan of fairs, and while she didn't know what sort of clubs were around the school, she liked the idea of them at least. Hovering around the various booths, Salem enjoyed the crowded atmosphere, lured over to a few because there was lollies about. Ultimately though, the Wild Patch Club looked the most exciting, even if the stuff on their table wasn't strictly speaking edible. "Heya, I just put down my name, right?" She asked one of the boys at the table. "Do you grow edible plants and stuff?" She added as an after thought, picking up a quill. @William Kaimarama

Nell smiled brightly when another young boy approached the booth, smile brightening when he mentioned he had an idea. "Oh!" She said cheerfully. "Well, you don't need an idea, but they're always appreciated!" She said cheerfully, handing him a signup sheet. "Just sign your name right here and you'll be set up!"
@Branson Archer

"That's great Lily! Can't wait to see you at the meeting," she told her little sister and she was definitely excited about having her there. The next girl who approached seemed a little nervous but with an easy smile, Cyzarine held out a sign up sheet. "Of course! I'm Cyzarine, I'm the president, feel free to ask any question you have about the club to me, and feel free to take a cookie!" she told her. It was just after she'd finished speaking that another girl came up to them. "Of course," she grabbed another sign up sheet and passed it to the new girl, "Feel free to take a cookie!"

William's face fell when a girl approached them to leave the club only moments after he had joked about just that. "Okay, well I wasn't giving an instruction..." He grumbled under his breath, pulling himself together quickly when another girl approached. "Oh... yeah, go ahead." He said, sliding her a signup form. He nodded when she asked about the kinds of things they grew. "Yeah, one of the previous leaders set up a vegetable patch years ago." He commented. "We try to keep it going, but I think most of the patch is flowers."
@Lily Harbour @Elliot Briar @Salem Lee

Tessa writed her name and say thanky. When she sign her name and last name. Tessa take the cookie and walked out. She only wanted be part of Wild puch club and Heta Omega.

Branson was pleased that he didn't need to have an idea to join but still was rather happy to have one. He could at least start in the monthly with an idea and not get shown up by writing something badly. He took the signup sheet and wrote his name. "Thanks!" he said to her, with that done, he was pretty happy with what he'd signed up for, and perhaps that was enough for now. He spotted Lily in the crowd, but she still seemed to be speaking with people, so he just headed off.

Salem nodded as the boy answered her, finishing signing her name. "You can eat flowers too, you know," She said helpfully, looking thoughtfully at the booth and taking one of the flower crowns set there. "Thanks!"

Ignatius ever curious wandered into the Club fair and perused many of the different booths giving information on the many different clubs offered at Hogwarts. none of them caught his eye in particular at first until he saw a slytherin girl explaining a bit more about the club she was in charge and upon hearing that it involved the practical application of magic thought he would give it a go and walks up to the booth and asks "can i sign up"

@Sydney Townsend
@Tyler Lee

She smiled and gave a small giggle. "Nope, thanks!" She said to the wild patch members and left the club fair, not having much left to do.

@Elliot Briar @William Kaimarama

Cindy didn't really know what to do at a big gathering like this. She was as adept at it as her sister was and that lack of confidence and knowledge really showed. She as a bit let down that she hadn't been able to get Mary Lou alone since arriving and if she didn't know any better she would think her sister was actively trying to avoid her. Whenever she saw her she was with someone and Cindy didn't have the confidence yet to just walk up to her. After all it had been a very long time since she'd seen her. Four years in fact. They'd both probably changed in that time. Cindy though maybe that was why Mary Lou was avoiding her but she didn't know that for sure. It was hard, knowing that her sister was right there and yet she could do nothing to get to her. As she looked around at the different places she was interested in joining a couple of the groups though she didn't know if that would afford her anything. She hoped so. "What's Heta Omega like?" She asked one of the people she assumed to be the leader. @Cyzarine Haden

Eoin was quiet as he watched both Bran and Weston sign up for the Brotherhood. Maybe he should do it if only so he could be around some people he actually liked. The leader of the club also seemed quite hopeful that he was going to jot his name down on the list as well. Eventually, though, Eoin sighed before shaking his head with a polite smile, "No thanks, not really my sort of thing." No doubt he would just end up being a bore and bring his book to every meeting, so it was probably best if he avoided it. The boy simply smiled as Bran headed off to sign up for another club before his eyes shifted to Weston for just a moment. "Well, I'm gonna head back to the library," he announced with a small shrug, "I have some reading to catch up on. See back at the dorm you later." And with that, he offered Weston a small smile before turning heel and leaving the fair without signing himself up for anything at all.

Elara walked into the club fair pretty confident with her choices. She knew that her sister said she was going overboard, but she couldn't just decide on one club. There were too many options! She had made a list, ranking everything in the order she found them most interesting and appealing and walked up to her first table of the day. She wasn't sure what Heta Omega was, but a club full of girls would be good when she was missing her sisters. "Is this where we sign up?" she asked the girl manning the table.

@Cyzarine Haden

Michael had been in clubs at his previous school, and they had been something he looked forward to outside of his academics. He figured he'd give the brotherhood thing a try, but first, he wanted to sign up so he could continue practicing his dueling skills. He walked up to the girl at the table and looked for the sign-up sheet. "Hey, you have room for another fifth year?" he asked, realizing he had seen the girl previously at the dueling exhibition.

@Sydney Townsend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back