Open Y33 Club Fair

Vader watched with increasing nervousness as the other stalls all filled with people looking to sign up. He knew that his club couldn't allow just anyone to sign up but they needed a few people, a few people to become a part of it. He lightly kept a hand on his camera as he kept glancing around, pleased when at last someone approached him. They asked him if they could just sign up or if there was an application process, he gave a little smile, "It depends on what your interest is really. We hire two positions, people to take the pictures and people to help us put the stuff together," The boy told her, he took one of the yearbooks and showed it to her so she could see what he meant, "If you have an interest in photography, then fill out this form and submit two pictures. If you just want to join the team that put things together, then fill out this form, no pictures needed," Vader finished grabbing the two forms and holding them both out to her so that she could pick what side of accio she was interested in. He knew that people who came to accio, already likely had decided what they were more keen to do.

Adorah had spent a rather absurd amount of time, at least, for her, adding soft curls to her hair and making sure her robes were wrinkle free. Joining a club would make a significant impact on her first year at Hogwarts, if she were so fortunate. She didn't have a particular club that she knew for sure she needed to join, but the school newspaper had peaked her interest. She made her way to the Courtyard after leaving Ravenclaw Tower.

There were many tables surrounding the grounds. She began to peruse all the tables and noticed a lot of people swarming the Hogwarts Monthly stall. She decided to visit in another lap. Heta Omega pulled her interest as she passed. She took a few steps back, and after the other visitors finished their conversations asked, "Hi, I have a question. What exactly is Heta Omega?"

It had felt like he'd been waiting for years for his confirmation letter to arrive at home - and yet - here he was. He'd actually been accepted. He was going to see out the remainder of his education at Hogwarts Scotland after years and years of discomfort, annoyance and judgement at Durmstrang. For that, he'd be forever grateful. To whatever power it might have been that actually gave him his place at Hogwarts.

He had arrived at the castle sometime ago, though, had spent the better part of his morning sitting in the courtyard, watching the club leaders set up their stalls and set their banners up in the most eye-catching of places. He sat on the ground, legs outstretched - a smile that just refused to leave him pulled across his lips. People came and went; students from all walks of life and from all sorts of Houses. Though, they were all here for the same reason; to secure themselves a place in their most desired club for the year.

In all the time he had been sitting there - watching and waiting - thinking about what group or society might have best suited him, he could only ever draw a likeness to one of them. His eyes had latched onto the stall for most of the time he had been there, his eyes monitoring the boy whom manned it; a blond boy who looked well put together. The illustration which had donned the banner the gentleman had put up had spoken volumes to him. It had reminded him of Durmstrang. Of all the bullying and besmirching of his and his families name. While his father might have been a dark wizard, he hadn't deserved to deal with the ramifications of the mans wrong doings.

And yet he had.
And so he ran.
And here he sat.

Pushing himself up off the ground, the newly transferred Hufflepuff brushed himself off of some of the dust which had settled on his pants. Adjusting his robes, he allowed his feet to carry him across the courtyard, closing in on the SDA stall. He offered the leader a warm smile before scribing his name down onto the sign-up list. Whilst his father had made sure he knew full well how to defend himself (absent of the restrictions of good magic), Graydon knew well enough that clubs like these were the most fantastic of ways to make friends; particularly in new places. And hell, if he had to make himself look inept in the art of offensive magic and duelling to do it - you best believe he would.

As time drew on, he might just start looking like one hell of a fast learner.

Once his name had been scribbled down, he took a step back, setting his hair behind his ears and giving the leader another smile, extending his hand in greeting.

"Hey there. I'm Graydon. Nice set up you have going on here man." he introduced casually.

Chloe walked into the courtyard, letting a beam of sunlight warm her face. She swept a lock of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. She smiled and looked around at all of the tables that were set up. Walking slowly, she looked around at all of the different clubs.

Soon, she knew which clubs she wanted to join. She walked up to the Hogwarts Monthly table and smiled a tree the older girl running it. “Hi!” she said cheerfully. “I’d like to join up, please.”

October hadn't been standing at her table long at all when someone approached her, and October smiled warmly at the girl. "Absolutely!" She said brightly, trying to mimic some of the effortless chirpiness girls like Amber seemed to have. "Just sign your name on this list, and help yourself to a cupcake and card!" She said happily, handing the signup form to the girl.

When another girl approached a moment later, October smiled warmly at her in turn. "Heta Omega is a sisterhood, for witches to support one another through our years at Hogwarts." She explained, smiling kindly. "We organise events throughout the school year for girls to get to know each other, and set younger students up with an "older sister" in the club, so they have someone they can talk to for guidance. It's a really fun club, we'd love to have you if you're interested." October smiled encouragingly, nervous about having to speak to so many people about the club. She hoped she had explained herself clearly enough.

Kauri was still tweaking the arrangement of their sign when Tristan arrived, and he tried not to let it affect his mood. The air of unhappiness from Tristan was palpable, and Kauri worried having someone so grumpy nearby would drive away potential new members. He was relieved when someone approached them right away, grinning happily when he recognised the boy's accent. "Hey!" Kauri said cheerfully, picking up a signup form and choosing to ignore Tristan's sulking. "You're welcome to! Just sign here, welcome to the club!" Kauri said happily, handing the boy a piece of paper.

Before he could ask if the boy was related to Rory though, two more boys had joined them, and Kauri smiled brightly. "Absolutely! Happy to have you!" He said cheerfully, handing another sign up sheet for them to add their names to. He smiled to another boy who had joined them, happily offering an explanation. "The Brotherhood is a club for guys to make friends and support each other! We do awesome events throughout the year, and we've got a great clubhouse you can hang out in any time. Think about it like signing up for a whole club of best friends, including older boys who are totally happy to help you out with any problems you're having!" Kauri smiled encouragingly, trying to counter Tristan's sour presence with his own cheerfulness. He grinned brighter when yet another boy approached, excited to see how many new members the club was gaining this year. "For sure! Just grab a sign up sheet off one of these guys once they've signed it!" He said happily, excited for the year to come with so many new members.

For a few minutes, Alistair was wondering if anyone would actually show up to his stall and sign their names down. There were a few glances his way, but many of the wandering students seemed to trickle over to the other stalls instead. Wild Patch was ever popular, and it was difficult to compete with the Brotherhood or Heta since they catered to a whole 50/50 of the student body. Combative magic wasn't for everybody, but if no one showed up soon, Alistair would just have to start challenging the other leaders to a duel right in the middle of the courtyard just to garner some interest.

Before it had to come to that, a younger Slytherin approached, and Alistair straightened up to answer his question. "We do. Sort of. We don't call it fighting here." He informed him, and the other newcomer to the stall, who he acknowledged with a little nod. Fighting was a very physical term, and he didn't think it was quite the same thing. "You learn how to defend yourself, in more ways than just casting shield charms. A solid offence can make for just as good a defence. We don't encourage initiating anything, but you'll learn to handle yourself if anyone tries to start anything with you." The lycanthrope reached for one of the pens on the bench and clicked its top to extract the nib before handing it out for either boy to sign their names down. The muggle pens had all but replaced his quills in recent weeks. There was something oddly soothing about clicking the top button when he couldn't think of what to write. One of them even had multiple ink colours you could switch between. It wasn't close to ever-changing ink, but it was astounding how close non-magical people came to recreating what magic could do.

His attention momentarily shifted from the younger boys as someone closer to Alistair's age approached. Surprisingly, he wasn't at all familiar. The prefect didn't expect to recognise every face in the castle, but he was sure he would have remembered this one. He returned the guys smile, and watched him scribble down his name, no pitch necessary. The thought of having to repeat himself over and over to everyone who stopped by hadn't been all that appealing to 'Stair, but so far so good. "A pleasure. I'm Alistair, and thank you." He said, shaking the offered hand. given the work he'd put in to the stall, the compliment was more than appreciated. "I don't think I've seen you around before?"

Amy had heard about the club fair, and had decided to see what it was about. She wasn't too sure about joining a club, but thought it could be a good way to meet people. It wasn't long before she was looking at all of the stalls. One caught her eye, the Heta Omega stall, and she listened to what it was about and decided that it could be a good one for her to join."Would I be able to join Heta Omega?" Amy asked the older girl behind the stall.

Last edited:
Rose was happy that the girl signed up, but was disappointed when she didn't actually answer her question. Instead she just signed up, spoke to the boy that had walked up, and left. Was she shy? Rose hadn't really considered that she might be intimidating to a new student, and now felt a little foolish. She quickly turned to the boy who wanted to join, he looked at least a little older. She grinned as he recognized her from last year, when she had given away knitwear. "That's right! Does it still keep your head warm?" She asked him, picking up another form. "Of course you can join, everyone is welcome." She said, handing him a sign-up form happily.

Adorah listened as the older girl explained what Heta Omega was. With everything that had happened recently with her family and her seemed inability to make friends so far, she thought this might be the kind of group she needed to really jump start relationships at Hogwarts. "This sounds like such a wonderful group. I'd love to join! Where do I sign-up? By the way, my name is Adorah. Adorah Zumwalt," she said, reaching out her hand to the Heta Omega representative.

Minnie let herself smile brightly when the girl said yes and she was able to just sign her name against the list and then took a cupcake and a card. It was all very very nice and Minnie couldn’t help but think it would be nice to be a part of it. The ravenclaw stepped away as another girl arrived, and walked back around the club fair. She knew she couldn’t join the brotherhood, and she couldn’t join the SDA yet, which was a pity. She had no interest in the accio yearbook or the paper, but she let herself smile lightly at the last stall with a club she could join, the wild patch. It wasn’t the sort of place that she had thought she would need to join but Minnie felt like it would be good to add that too, so she made her way over and looked towards the older boy, ”I’d like to join please,” the ravenclaw said happily.

Norton smiled when Rose appeared, ”I haven’t done much, don’t you worry,” the teen said with a little smile, but quickly people began arriving, Rose seemed occupied with the first two people, a young hufflepuff who was new to the school and one whom he was sure was a second year. He kept a bright and easy smile, waving other people over to them, trying to attract more members to them, which worked as another young likelily first year student made their way over to them. He smiled bright at them, ”No problem!” the boy said, he took the sign up sheet and offered it to her, ”There you go, just sign your name here, take a flower crown and you are good to go,” the boy smiled happily

Minnie was pleased that she got dealt with immediately. The girl signed her name where she was supposed to and took a flower crown, ”Thank you!” with that done, the girl was finished in this room, for now there was nothing more that she could sign up for, so she’d managed to get all that she wanted to done. The ravenclaw headed out of the great hall, she’d got back to the dorm, put away the goodies, eat the cupcake and get back to revising. It was necessary that she just get back to it. The morning at the fair had been productive and she had to continue to be productive that day.

Aonghas looked towards Mordred as the boy stood next to him, he was pleased that they would be joining up together, he liked spending time with the other boy and as part of the brotherhood it would be good too. The hufflepuff took the form and signed his name where he was supposed to before putting it down so that the next person could do so. ”Cheers,” the boy said to the person who’d let him sign up. He knew the other leader of the club from the run in with Rory, knew to be a little wary of him. He had to assume that a prefect wouldn’t do anything but he didn’t trust him not to. He took a little step back and looked around the room, ”Mordred, I’m going to sign up for the Self defence folk,” he told his friend, but didn’t wait to see if the boy was doing that too, instead he made his way over to the SDA stall and looked to the older boy who was signing up. ”Second years can join aye?” the hufflepuff asked, looking for some confirmation before he put his name down for it.

Daintree was surprised to see Tully but let a warm expression grace his features, ”Tully! Congratulations on Gryffindor,” he didn’t particularly think it was something to congratulate over, but Dain was always keen to appear knowledgeable and interested in his maybe friends. He’d only spent a little time with the other boy, but if they were joining a club together Dain could see this as an opportunity to get to know the boy a little better. ”I am indeed! I think it’s just a boys club, which will be a good place to meet people,” Daintree said, ”I mean there’s a serious lack of sports clubs, so I’m thinking other than quidditch, this is the next best thing,” Dain shrugged a little but when he spotted an opportunity he reached out and took a form from the leaders of the club and signed his name. ”How’ve you been settling in?” Dain asked as he held out the sign up sheet to Tully for the other boy to sign too if he wanted. It would be good to hang out together in the club setting. Though seeing him now was also pretty good.

Anastasie never really wanted to participate in any extra curricular activities at Hogwarts. She felt as though they would be a waste of time, and with lots of studying that she had to do each year, the Slytherin wasn't sure whether she'd have time for it. But she couldn't help but feel lonely all of last year, and after a lot of thought, the idea of joining a club would be good as it would give her a distraction from all of her thoughts and would give her something to do when she wasn't studying. However, she wanted to join a club that actually contributed to the school. Clubs such as the Heta Omega or the Wild Patch Club definitely did not do this, and eventually the girl had decided her best idea would be to help out with the yearbook. It seemed like such a big job and Ana was sure she would be good at helping organise it.

As everyone started making their way to the courtyard for the club fair, Anastasie quietly followed them, looking around the place as she tried to locate the correct table. She didn't want to be there for too long and just wanted to get it over with. Eventually she found the table with a camera on it and a younger boy sat behind it who was talking to a first year. She confidently approached them. "Hey, can I join this?" she asked without much hesitation, disregarding the first year who was clearly in the middle of talking to the boy.

Sully was happy to catch up with Daintree, forgetting the club stuff for a few minutes. "It's Sully, mate, with an 'S'," He laughed, "You got the green house right? Cool as, I think," The house stuff didn't really make a lot of sense to Sully, but he'd gotten the impression he was in one of the cool houses, if not the coolest, so he was happy. He agreed with Daintree about the lack of sports clubs, nodding along, "Yeah yeah, where's the rugby club at, aye? Maybe we can start our own later,"
Happy to catch up with Daintree, Sully missed half the explanation from the boy behind the booth. He vaguely recognized him as one of the prefects that had lead him upstairs the other night, but whatever he'd been saying sounded alright to Sully. "Cheers,"he said to the older kid, grabbing one of the sign up sheets from the table and scrawling his name down. "I've been good," He said back to Daintree, offering him the sign up sheet "You gonna join too?"

Elliot took the sign up sheet from Rose, feeling shy all of a sudden now that she'd remembered him. "Yeah, it does, thanks again," He hadn't had much chance to wear it yet, but Elliot still had the hat tucked in his trunk in case of a particular cold day. Grateful for something to do with his hands, Elliot busied himself with filling out the sign up sheet. He wasn't totally sure he knew what the Wild Patch Club did exactly, but he'd been curious enough to take a peak in their clubroom last year. The idea of it all seemed pretty relaxing at least, and Elliot had found himself looking for something outside of fretting about schoolwork to keep him busy. Finishing the form, he looked back at Rose. "I look forward to uh.. plants, and things,"He said lamely, gesturing at the table decorations and wincing at the sentence.

Chloe slowly wandered up to the Heta Omega table. It looked interesting, and as she surveyed the table and decorations, Chloe felt like this would be a fun club to join. She walked up to the table. “Hello,” she said cheerfully. “Could I please sign up?”

Dain shook his head, ”Of course! Sorry Sully, so many new names to learn,” Dain felt back for getting Sully’s name wrong, they’d only really spoken once properly and he had learned so many other names within a short space of time. He was pleased that he was roughly correct. ”Indeed, the house of the snake, I’m not quite sure what it says about my personality but, I’ll roll with it,” Dain wasn’t sure what any of the houses really meant, what they stood for. ”Personally,, I don’t think it matters too much where someone ends up,” Dain added. At the agreement of the the school was lacking in sports he nodded, Dain had played a little rugby, not seriously but enough that he could definitely agree with Sully’s statement. ”Yes! We should, I’m not going to miss out on sports just because we’re not old enough to join the quidditch teams,” Dain agreed, he wondered if he could get Lucky to join them, ”Maybe we could organise a game amongst other first years?” Dain thought that creating a sports event for first years who couldn’t join the sports teams would be good. He watched the other boy sign up and had done the same, ”Course, nothing else’s any good, are you going to join anything else?”

Mere moments after he’d finished explaining to the first year girl about what positions were available to her if she wanted to join accio, another girl joined them. Vader’s smile grew at it, they would hopefully, should both actually attempt to sign up have two people who could join their team. That would definitely be good! He could consider the event a success, he just needed them to actually sign up, ”You can attempt to join us,” Vader spoke honestly looking towards the girl who had just joined them, ”We hire for two positions, people to take pictures and people who put the stuff together, Photographers and layout designers. If you are interested in photography then you need this form and submit two photographs,” he held up one of the forms to her, ”And if you like layout related things, then you should fill out this form, no photos needed. Accio also aims to let people know the outcome within two days,” Vader finished, giving roughly the same speech as he had given to the younger girl. ”Still interested?” Vader added, he was very hopeful, a hint of that in his features. Two new people to join them would be amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie didn't have to wait long until someone approached her table. A young Gryffindor girl stepped up, and confidently said she wanted to join the monthly. Sophie liked her enthusiasm, and her eyebrows raised a little as the girl said she had examples of her work. That wasn't even something that was required. "Well, if you have it, I do want to see it." Sophie said, giving the girl a small smile. "You came prepared, I like it."

Another girl approached, this one older. Sophie remembered her vaguely from something, but didn't linger on it much. She did dryly point to the sign that clearly asked for more writers. "The ability to read is required for this club, I must say." She said, but she smiled to show she was joking. This girl seemed more arrogant than confident, but Sophie wasn't going to complain. "There's room and we do need writers, if you're confident about your work you can give it a shot." She said. She was eager to take on more people, and was willing to allow people some time to try the paper to see if it was for them.

But there was a bit of doubt for her with the next three girls. They were all so young and tiny, clearly first years. Sophie had to remind herself that she had been a first year when she joined, and en nodded at them. The second girl's comment made her snort. "Yes, papers do tend to involve writing." She said, then cleared her throat. "Very well. I'm happy with all the interest, so thank you all for signing up," she addressed everyone now. "I'm glad there's so much enthusiasm for the paper, but please keep in mind that it does require a lot of effort generally of its members." She held up an old issue, especially to show the youngest girls who hadn't seen any yet. "Articles in the paper are written by students, for students. Of course we help each other, so there's no reason to fret. But do keep in mind that that's the basis for the club." She said, mostly addressing the three first years but looking at the older two as well. "There are, of course, other tasks as well. So even if you don't want to write right away, you can help with layout or simply assist others. And if you find out it's not your thing after all, I won't judge you if you decide to leave the club." She took the paper very seriously, and wanted people to know what they signed up for. Then she handed out signup forms to all the interested girls. There was a lot more interest than she had ever expected, and she was glad. These girls reminded her of herself when she just joined the paper, and she could only hope they would love it as much as her.
@Cyzarine Haden @Leda Layton @Samantha Jacobs @Sydney Townsend @Chloe Llewelyn-White

The club fair was... a tad overwhelming for Xio, to say the least. There were students of all different ages and houses though most of the older students were stationed at their club booths as leaders, beckoning out to younger students milling around like predators luring in their prey. You have to be smart to survive in the wilderness. Some called out into the crowd in an attempt to promote their club, whilst others seemed to just sit back at let the students come to them; clearly, the reputation of these clubs was enough to draw in a crowd alone. Xio decided to walk around and take a look at all the booths before approaching any– partly so that she could get a better idea of what the school had to offer, and partly so that she could work up the courage to approach any of the booths.
After peering at all the booths from a distance, Xio had a good idea of the clubs that appealed to her– or rather, the clubs that appealed to her the most; though a curious child, Xio knew she had to prioritize her interests lest she later got overwhelmed with responsibilities. Perhaps schoolwork wasn't too much of a struggle now, but she was sure it would pick up and when that happened, she didn't want to live with the fact that she could have prevented such struggles. So with this in mind, Xio decided to take her first stop at the Heta Omega booth. "Hello, this is the sisterhood... Right?" She had heard about it before, and listened in on an explanation the girl gave earlier to another student in her year. "May I join?" She eyed the cupcakes longingly but figured it only polite to sign up first before taking one. She took note of presumedly the girl's handwriting on the cards laid out on the table and pointed to them. "Is that your writing? It's very pretty."

Sydney took a moment to scrutinize if the student running the paper was making fun of her or not, squinting before smiling cautiously. Getting a dumb answer in response to a dumb question was fair, and Sydney could appreciate a sarcastic come back when it was deserved. "I'm not afraid of some hard work," She said confidently, scanning the paper in front of her. Sydney was certain the paper would be lucky to have her, in fact she could probably show the older student, and the other first years who also seemed interested, a thing or two. If there were going to be this many new recruits, she'd have to make sure she stood out. She took the sign up form, filling it out confidently and slapping it down on the table.

Cressida walked from the Great Hall to the courtyard, not expecting much of anything only to see that there was some sort of event happening. They really hadn't paid much attention to the bulletins posted about events so this was a pleasant surprise to the young student. They walked around slowly, listening to passing conversations when they came across the stand for The Wild Patch. They walked up and asked, "What do you grow?" Cressida loved to garden and had done so for many years of their young life with all of their parents so Cressida hoped they would get to do trickier plants - even magical which they had zero experience in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back