WereClown: Part Two

Dangit

RIP Rowan :(

So I noticed this role just now while rereading through them
Sword Swallower – A player with no special role. However, if there is ever a tie in votes at the carnival, you will sacrifice yourself instead.

I've never liked voting on day one, so I'm not sure what to do yet, but I thought I'd bring this up early in case we start heading toward a tie!! We don't want to lose an innocent this way!

Well.. this sucks.

The only correct course of action is to.. .. .. ..LYNCH JESSE!

Vote Received: Professor Aeon Summers (Jesse)

I'm kind of wondering now if the fire-eater got to pick the two apprentices before dying

Well I guess if the vote for Jesse was genuine (which I'm assuming it is), we're just waiting to see if the sword swallower is invested enough in playing the game to save themselves today?

I took it as a joke because of the phrasing, but now idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sara Moon said:
I'm kind of wondering now if the fire-eater got to pick the two apprentices before dying
I’d assume yes.

Lyra Potter said:
Sara Moon said:
I’d assume yes.
In theory yes. But if Rowan missed it before the time was up then no. Rereading Cyndis post about how the red balloons were still with Ainsley though might suggest they weren't given out in time?

I think the balloons were an intro to the whole fact we're up against Were-Clowns rather than being related to the apprentices (It wouldn't make sense for the Fire-Eater to be handing out balloons right? If anything the two balloons just signifies the two clowns, which I assume is the number we're against. There were no balloons in the first place for Rowan to be keeping.)

Professor Katherine Alicastell said:
I think the balloons were an intro to the whole fact we're up against Were-Clowns rather than being related to the apprentices (It wouldn't make sense for the Fire-Eater to be handing out balloons right? If anything the two balloons just signifies the two clowns, which I assume is the number we're against. There were no balloons in the first place for Rowan to be keeping.)
This is how I read it, too - the wereclowns' signature, sort of thing - so I'm guessing it depends whether Rowan was active last night or not!

Shock seemed to be the reigning emotion as many of the carnival staff remained quiet throughout the day. The few who did speak couldn’t seem to reach a consensus. As the sun began to dip, Daisy Parker, the Sword Swallower, leapt to her feet declaring that she’d had enough. She ran off to pack, eager to escape the madness but she tripped in her haste, falling dead on her most prized possession, her golden sword. With hearts heavy after cleaning up, the staff went home to their trailers, securing their doors and hoping for the best.
It is NIGHT.​

It was with some trepidation that the carnival began to come alive for the day, though one person would take offense to that wording. As people began to step out of their homes, each one looked for the next, some relief appearing across their face as they spotted their neighbor. One door remained shut and the group shared a nervous glance before beginning to move as one, afraid of what they were going to spot inside. The space was empty save for two red balloons, the back door thrown open causing them to blow slightly in the wind. With some peering over the shoulders of others, all of the carnival workers spotted Sara Moon, a Carnival Worker face down in a large tub filled with apples.
It is DAY.​

Oh boy, if I'd known both of those votes counted I might have been tempted to vote just to make sure we didn't lose a certain innocent x_x I see now that Cyndi edited the posts to confirm them, aw. RIP Donna and Maia :(

So, the Wereclowns targeted someone who had contributed a bit to the discussion, but who hadn't pointed any fingers. Not really that helpful, but I'm interested to see whether they'll continue picking off active players. What kind of wolf team would do that in their best interests? A quiet team, or a loud one? Inactives picking off active players seems like a smart way to win, but then again, it could also work for talkative wolves to leave only themselves active.

So pretty much all my thoughts are useless =))

Aaah I haven't been paying too close attention and had no idea we had a tie :( dang it! This could have easily been avoided.

I honestly have no clue what kind of strategy the wolves could be using. It's so hard to go off anything right now. I'll see what happens during this day, and read yesterday's discussion back carefully before I make any decisions.

I decided to sit back yesterday to see how things played out, but it wasn't a very good strategy, I think. I feel bad because I feel like I could've done something about losing Daisy Parker, but by that time I was too tired to post. I won't be sitting back again.

Should we try and get everyone actively posting at least once so that the wereclowns have to pick a different strategy (if their strategy is actually picking off active people)? The next person they kill might reveal more about them, if there's no clear group to target. Or would this backfire somehow? Getting everyone to post might be tricky.

I don't think it's the smartest idea to try and figure out the wolves strategy after only one kill (Not including the first night, since there's no real information to gain there). :p
If the wolves were to fall into a pattern, trying to determine that pattern before they've even begun one isn't helpful to narrowing down the likely suspects. Naturally we all want to figure out who the wolves are, but you also need to break a few eggs to make an omelette, and realistically we need to actually have a few people die to get any information. Which isn't to say we should do nothing, just maybe think about what information we provide to the wolves, also, since they're still participating in the day phases just as we are.

This early on, it's just down to sheer luck in finding one of them.

I guess you're right. It just feels weird to be doing nothing, huh. Like if this was real life, I'd like to imagine there'd be some kind of active investigation going, but in reality it'd probably just be a bunch of people waiting to die and hoping they catch someone before they're on the chopping block.

Tiberius Bethell said:
Like if this was real life, I'd like to imagine there'd be some kind of active investigation going.
Seer - You are a carnival worker with a special power. Each night, you are allowed to see the true nature of one player.
:r

Progress is hopefully being made, even if we aren't aware of it. :lol:
All I'm saying really is its important not to give the wolves too much of a heads up

I wasn't sure whether that tie counted until it was too late ;-;

I was also thinking that it seems a bit quiet, but I've just checked out the below and surprised myself xD

Those who've posted so far:
- Sara RIP
- Daisy RIP
- Nadia
- Monty
- Alex (Oo I've only just seen the edited note..hello)
- Katherine
- Aurora
- Lyra
- Geo
- Amber
- Tiberius

Silent:
- James
- Teagan
- Kalif
- Stefan
- Ainsley RIP

I'm gonna hold off voting for now and see if any of the silents post. It's nearly 5am so I'm gonna go sleep >>

I love that Rowan is listed as a "silent", like he ever had any choice in speaking =))

Honestly I can't say I'm surprised by the quiet people, since I think that group generally has a tendency to be less vocal in these games.

You're right there Jesse, so far I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

-edit- I just realised I posted with Carter, apologies.

I was at a birthday all day, but other than seeing who died this morning I guess I haven't missed out on much. guys where's your werewolf spirit

I've come to realise that I focus most heavily on people who are active and talking a lot, and I always always make snap decisions at the beginning of the game when I'm beginning to feel my through who might be suspicious and who's not. So I wanted to watch Donna and Maia, actually, but they've both been proven not werewolves in the worst possible way. And I'm always watching Jesse and Daph, because Jesse's good at this game, and Daph is the one I automatically trust and so have to remind myself to be suspicious of xD But I'm not really worried about either of them right now.

Which really only leaves me with Claire to watch, going by who's been most active so far. And that's a terrible reason to be suspicious of someone xD So that said, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and go with the silent people theory to say that in the past when Alex has been a wolf she's been (to me) really good at flying under the radar... until suspicion starts being thrown on her. I'm going to be going to bed soon (birthdays take a lot of you guys omg) so I'm going to have to vote for Alex and leave the rest up to you guys. It's less that I'm outright suspicious of her, and more that I want to see the reactions to that theory - even though I'll be asleep and won't be able to see them until the phase is over. If she seems innocent just please tie the vote up guys (that, is assuming there's not suddenly another tie-breaker rule in place now that Donna's gone already) - I don't want people lynched if we can avoid it.

Vote received: Alex

Confused as to who could want to ruin HNZ's birthday this badly (and saddened by the death of their friends too), the carnival workers tried to understand why this was happening. One voice broke through that talk to point a finger. With no attempts to save her, Teagan Maxwell was pushed behind the booth she manned, the balloon dart game, of course. The carnival workers took turns throwing darts until she dropped sure they had taken down a wereclown. Unfortunately, they were no closer to finding one; she was a mere carnival worker. As the workers shut their doors, the clowns got ready to go to work.
It is NIGHT.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back