WereClown: Part Two

The morning found the carnival workers more convinced than ever that they were under attack as they discovered the body of Aurora Night, a Seer. All of her Seeing instruments were destroyed, and she was impaled by the dowsing rods she so often used. It had been easy to spot which home they needed to enter, the balloons on display on her doorknob. None of that was accidental. Covering the body, everyone headed to the carnival' s center to discuss what to do next.
It is DAY.​

Noooo!!!

I assume the fortune teller also shows up as the seer? Maybe there's still hope D:

Oh nuu that's not good :/

I wonder whether she saw something in Alex though and that's why she voted to lynch her, but since she was innocent maybe Kathy was the fortune teller?

Looking back at what she wrote:
And I'm always watching Jesse and Daph, because Jesse's good at this game, and Daph is the one I automatically trust and so have to remind myself to be suspicious of xD But I'm not really worried about either of them right now.

Which really only leaves me with Claire to watch, going by who's been most active so far. And that's a terrible reason to be suspicious of someone xD So that said, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and go with the silent people theory to say that in the past when Alex has been a wolf she's been (to me) really good at flying under the radar...
Theory: The quote above also made it sound like Claire was suspicious but she didn't have anything to go with. If she managed to see both Alex and Claire but was the fortune teller, that would make Claire potentially more innocent? Of course she couldn't have seen everyone but since she mentioned not being worried about Jesse or Daphne, that could make them more dangerous? It just seems odd to me that those 4 were mentioned when there are 8 actively speaking people in the game.

ALSO, the fact that she's pinpointed a number of actives and then been found dead makes me think that if the wolves were lying low, they would have happily let her continue. Therefore I am wondering whether a wolf is lying in those she mentioned? If she had seen Jesse or Daphne incorrectly (both I agree are scarily good at fooling in this game xD), then the paragraph she wrote about not being worried about them would be the perfect shield to deflect suspicion regardless of her role.

I'm not pointing fingers at all by the way, I know I get very carried away and pretty sure I've never been correct >> But that's just my thoughts =))

It's super late so I may be misunderstanding you Pheeb but here are my thoughts!

There have only been 3 nights, right? Kathy could only have looked at 2 people. Being realistic, even as the fortune teller she wouldn't be that likely to have seen a wereclown yet (she would be given a random role, but there are quite a lot of roles). As the real seer, she was probably even less likely to have seen one. Assuming for a second that she saw two innocent roles, she probably wasn't likely to vote to lynch anybody she'd viewed. We could assume that she viewed Alex and saw her as a wereclown, making her the fortune teller, but the part of her quote you missed out, where she mentions that everyone else should just tie up the vote if they think Alex seems innocent, makes me think Kathy was just going out on a limb because she had no other leads to follow.

However, she did mention being suspicious of me, which looks like it could have been a quiet seer-hint that she'd seen me as a clown, but couldn't outright say so yet as that would have revealed her role to the wolves. Only because I know of my own innocence can I consider it a possibility that she was the fortune teller for this reason.

Going back to wolf tacticss, if Jesse or Daphne were wolves, why would they kill Kathy when she mentioned she didn't suspect them? I think the wolves would want to keep Kathy alive so that she could continue leading people the wrong way. So for that reason I'm not overly suspicious of those guys right now (UNLESS THEY'RE BEING REAL SNEAKY xD ).

Another thing, Rowan died on the first night. Taking some OOC things into consideration, I don't think Daphne would have done that. Rowan would probably be more inclined to naturally trust Daphne (as Kathy was) so Daphne would have no reason to want him dead right away. Maybe?

I wish I was suspicious of anyone right now but I honestly have no idea. I do trust Jesse and Daph more than anyone else atm though :p (whether that comes back to haunt me or not, we will see :glare: )

Edit: Wolves, clowns, same thing =))

Kathy said:
Daph, because Jesse's good at this game, and Daph is the one I automatically trust and so have to remind myself to be suspicious of
First I want to comment on this because I'm the exact same with some people :lol: There are so many times where I'm like "oh such and such is too nice to be a werewolf" and you have to take a minute and be like, no wait that's not how this game works :p

I don't think we can say either way if Kathy was the seer or fortune teller. The vote for Alex was well argued given prior experiences and so I think that it was just a shot in the dark at someone she'd yet to see, who from the point of view of just a regular player she figured was most suspicious (Since people with special roles don't necessarily have to base all of their decisions around their role.)

I do agree with Claire that the likelihood of Kathy finding a wereclown is slim this early in the game. Especially if the people she decided to watch died the following day, which could have been the case with her comment about Donna/Maia? I would assume even if she were a fortune teller and given a random role, the chances of that role being a wereclown might still be 2/15 or however many players there are. I assume it works by randomizing each individuals role, and not just the overall list of roles itself, if that makes sense? Like, you're more likely to get villager nine times out of fifteen, rather than viewing a villager giving you a special role (Because there's only so many special roles, and a fortune teller would probably catch on quickly if they were picking up too many specials)

I had more thoughts but I derailed while writing this. I do want to say that, while I'm happy people seem to want to trust me, I wouldn't. I'm not a wereclown, and I know that, but no one else has any reason to (Unless they're a clown, in which case they'd be well aware of who is or isn't). It is too early to be talking about who is or isn't trust-worthy with so little evidence. Claire does make a fair point on Daphne maybe not killing Rowan, but there are two clowns, so she would still only have half the vote for who to kill.

The only reason I can think of that the wereclowns would kill Kathy is if she was onto something, otherwise she would've been left alone because she was leading people the wrong way.

As for what she was onto, if anything, I still haven't figured that out yet :/ Now I'm thinking that it probably was nothing and I have no idea what to go off of, yet again.

I haven't felt comfortable voting for anyone because everyone is suspicious to me, and no one is. No one's done anything except die, which is kind of awkward and unhelpful. Stop dying, people. Idk, should we keep throwing out random invidual votes in the dark, or try and vote as a collective?

Anyone else want to contribute today?

I feel like there's only a few of us playing =)) Is it worth lynching someone else who's yet to speak since at least we're doing something?

If no one is lynched them someone lynched at random (right?) So surely its better to lynch someone vaguely suspicious then leave it up to fate.

I don't knowww, I'm real tempted to vote just because doing nothing leaves us in exactly the same place tomorrow, but then we could almost just as easily kill the other seer as kill a clown.

I'm actually most suspicious right now of the people who have popped in to say one thing and never turned up again. Like Kait, and Zach and somewhat Teigan (she said two things). Good way to fly under the radar, right? No direct suspicion on them for being in the 'silent group' but no attention on them for being too talkative or pointing too many fingers. Kathy could have been on the right trail with silent people, and that's why the wolves killed her, but it seems too convenient. None of the silent people have even come in to defend themselves. Surely if they were focusing, they would have by now? I'm thinking Kathy died cause she's on the ball in these games and the wolves like to erase threat asap xD

Of course, people with nice roles might want to fly under the radar too, but I can see them more likely to remain silent or be talking. Gah, whether this gets me killed later or not, I vote to lynch Lyra Potter. Dying is the most helpful thing anyone can do atm x_x

Edit: Dan ninja'd me. Welp, there's a silent person suddenly come in to defend themselves...

Vote Received: Lyra Potter

I think I checked the first topic for lynching rules and I don't recall seeing any. I'm not sure if inaction equals no votes, or if its random.

I have some more thoughts, I'm just not sure how to put them at the moment.

Considering everything, I was of the mind that voting for someone that is silent is probably the best course of action. Though now I find Dan's sudden post really suspicious. Not only is he suddenly posting when we are discussing potentially lynching someone quiet, but he's also spreading (potential?) misinformation. I didn't think there was a random lynch, as that hasn't been stated anywhere. So for now, I'm voting for Dan

Vote received: James Cade

I was going to comment that I didn't find it out of character for Dan to pop up since I feel like its common for him not to be one of the most chatty people while still sort of following along :p

The point about misinformation I'm not entirely sure I agree with, because its entirely possible he does genuinely think thats how the game was going (As I still don't even know what happens if there are no votes yet)
That being said I was a bit suspicious on him trying to get a vote to happen. Then again, Claire did the same thing right after, and apparently didn't see his post, and I don't imagine they're in cahoots.

In any case, with so little information I don't see any reason not to lynch Dan today

I’m following along. I haven’t voted because I have nothing to go on. Kathy is always vocal so it could be that the wereclowns are trying to take out those that are vocal. I think Kathy usually makes helpful lists so that would make sense to me.

Quiet= Get lynched
Speak = Get lynched.

Sigh. Whatever.

There's a difference between voting and simply speaking and participating in the game. I have also not been as active as I usually am, but I still try to be when I can. The game can't progress if half the people participating don't post, so it's not that strange to me that you can be voted out for being quiet. Even if we lose an innocent that way, we haven't lost anyone actively trying to find the wolves/clowns either.

/harsh

EDIT: I know real life comes first, obviously, but there have been people quiet in werewolf while being active on other parts of the site. That's always suspicious to me.

I find it strange so many are jumping on the Dan bandwagon just because of the timing of his activity. I'd much prefer to vote off someone completely inactive like Kaitlyn (If im reading correctly it's hard to check on phone) because active people talking is what's going to help us not hinder.

Well, I was actually thinking of leaving the silent people alone, as you'll see from my post on page 4, because I thought the wolves would have spoken up to defend themselves by now if they were the silent ones. Then as I posted I realised that you, Dan, a silent person, had just a few minutes earlier spoken up. You didn't explain why you'd been quiet, just acted as if nothing were amiss and you'd been playing this whole time. That's why I found it suspicious. Sorry if you're innocent, but with no other leads or evidence we have literally the same chance of getting a wolf whoever we lynch off =)) I just had to pick someone and figured it would be best to lynch anybody rather than end up in a tie where nothing happens (because I don't know how ties work in this game).

Someone like Kaitlyn falls into the category of people that hasn't been very active on the site in general. I'm not saying that makes her innocent, but we have to pick something to go off of. Dan has been around over the past days so why only say something when we are talking about lynching quiet people?

EDIT: I agree with Claire xD a tie won't do us much good now I think.

Yeah, Kaitlyn has definitely been way too busy in general, rather than just not paying attention to the game specifically. I wouldn't rule her out as a potential wolf, but she could just as likely be a good special role, so I'm not sure I'd want to choose her over someone else.

Professor Monty Pendleton said:
(because I don't know how ties work in this game).
I've made my position about disliking ties where no one dies during werewolf games pretty well known, so definitely going to a randomizer if there's a tie in votes during the game. :p

Good to know :p

I really don't have anything to go on asides from my original point about what Kathy may have seen, so I'm going to remain silent unless there's a tie.

Not wanting a tie was exactly the point I was making in my original post and yet somehow that is suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back