Open Three-Legged Race

Sky felt Renata's arm around her hauling her to her feet and she was glad that they were soon out of the choco-bog. it seemed that getting through the bog had helped them get in sync as they made their way a little further along the track she glanced across at the other racers and was pleased to see that they were doing okay. a lot of the conglomerated arts members taking part, she couldn't fail to hear marnie chatting away and she saw Gregory tied with another first year. "you're doing well" she called as they passed each of the hufflepuffs.
where they reached a table where professor Josephs had puzzles set out on tables. she nearest one. it seemed like it was a harder one. not only did they have to put the pieces togeth but they also had to stand the tree up. "should we put it together flat before standing it up?" [/B]she said laying the drunk down and looking at the reference image at which coloured leaves went where. it seemed like they had one of the hardest ones to complete and any advantage they had gained in the chocolate pit was about to be lost.
@Renata Stepanova

Emmanuel was glad they were managing to get towards the end of the chocolate mud puddle. He noticed the puzzles at the end. He gave a little smile. "I think if we take the fire one I should be able to get it." Emmanuel was quite excited about the next stage. They were nearly at the end of the mud and thought it was hard, the next stage was going to be so much better.
@Joshua Lynch

Getting through the chocolate pudding was a bit messy and it did slow them down, but they managed to stay upright and keep going. She pulled a face at Raafe's comment. It was a relief to get out of the slippery pudding, though another obstacle was soon blocking their path. Anisha's eyes lit up. She loved puzzles. Anisha scanned the available options. "The flame's probably easiest." She said quickly. "Let's try that." She quickly started putting pieces together, focusing only on the shape as that was the easiest to match.

@Raafe Khatri

Penelope hadn't really wanted to participate in this, but now that she was she wanted to win. Or at least do well> Marnie was not making it easy. "Stop laughing!" She chided, though she was soon distracted by the mud pit. She wanted to take a moment to take it in, but Marnie stepped right into it. Penelope screamed as they went down into the mud together. She only realized it was chocolate as some got into her mouth. It was still gross, and Penelope tried to struggle to get up.

@Marnie Frogg

Elara was not prepared for the first obstacle and felt her socks and shoes quickly turn into a hot mess as she and Salem fell into the chocolate pit. She could seem some younger students trying to eat the pudding, which was just disgusting, but she and Salem were not necessarily choosing a faster method. As they pulled themselves out, she wiped some of the chocolate off her upper extremities before looking at Salem. "This is harder than I thought," she laughed, as they moved towards the next obstacle. Looking at the puzzles, the kiwis looked deceptively easy, and she was sure it wasn't wortth their time. "I say we do the fire, thoughts?" Elara got out quickly, looking back at the table. @Salem Lee

Caleb was surprised they had managed to get to the first obstacle without falling on their faces. "Then prove it!" he teased before heading right into what looked like mud. He groaned as some splashed in his face but he let out a laugh when he realized it was actually pudding. At least that made the mess a little more enjoyable and tried to lick off what splashed on his face as he went. He felt exhausted already as they continued to the next obstacle. "Which one should be do?" he asked as he tried to catch is breath. @Louis Alcott

Felix tried to shake off as much of the pudding as he could as they made their way to the next obstacle. He wanted to share his sister's enthusiasm but his fingers were sticky now and he wasn't sure it it would help or hurt them at this point. But the little wooden kiwis caught his attention and they got right to work stacking them and making sure they were perfectly balanced. After a couple if mishaps they eventually finished and were ready to move on. "WOO!" he cheered. "Let's goooo!!" @Thistle Carnahan

Renata licked her lips to taste the lingering chocolate as they ran, thinking Sky was being a very good club leader and Hufflepuff shouting encouragement. The boy Gregory was tied to seemed pretty unfriendly. She narrowed her eyes. She'd heard the names Styx and Zhefarovich at the sorting and wondered if she'd been having a bad dream. They were the sorts of families that her father's family wanted to get in good with at Durmstrang, the ones Renata was petrified of. They hadn't bullied her directly, but she wondered if this was one of those boys and they were bullying him. But Renata was nothing if not a coward, and she simply turned to the puzzle with a furrowed brow, helpless. "I have no idea how to do this," she admitted, licking chocolate off a couple of her fingers. "Sorry. Um, I think that can work?" She looked between the pieces, struggling to work out what went where. There was a good reason she wasn't a Ravenclaw. She saw Felix with a girl who was probably his sister who seemed very excited to do the puzzles, and smiled despite her confusion. "These go...here, right?"
@Niamh Eriksen

Running three-legged was even harder now that Sera was saturated with heavy mud pudding. He left a chocolate trail as he staggered with Aine towards Professor Joseph's table, then had to hang onto it to keep himself from falling over again. "I think that would have been... a very good idea, yes," he said. Instinct told him that the flat orange puzzle would be easiest, but Aine's logic made him reconsider. And now that he looked at it more closely, the picture puzzle hardly even had any pieces. He grabbed it and scattered the pieces around, making them chocolatey. "OK, there's only so many ways they can go..." He rubbed his forehead, making that chocolatey as well. "You're going to hate me, but I should probably tell you I'm really, really bad at puzzles. You're a puzzle genius, riiiight?"

@Aine Thompson

Niamh looked at the pieces of the jigsaw. They alls Rene’s like they were such mixes up Confusing shapes. She was glad that they at least had a picture to go off. yes that one goes there and this one. Umm here she said putting a yellow one in place. She had done a few jigsaws with her bestefar but this one was different. She managed to get another few in glad that they were making progress. She glanced across at the others who seemed to be doing well. Theirs was still needing a lot of work. She left chocolate fingerprints on another piece seeing renata doing the same. Her eye catching her nails I like the blue. It’s a little daring. It suites you. She said before picking up another niece realising she had put one of the others in the wrong place and moving it.
@Renata Stepanova

Cass hated this. Chocolate pudding and stuff. It made things even more slippery! Ugh this was so annoying! But it seemed like Gregory was hating this just as much as he did. He too wiped some from his eyes, and did his best to walk forward and out of that pit. He gripped the Hufflepuff's shirt to try to keep him upright while balancing himself before they would get to the puzzles. Oh come on! He wasn't a nerd! He didn't do these for fun! He pointed at one, "I don't do this crap, so this one is on you." Cass didn't even know which one would be the easiest. Maybe the owl? The hexagon?
@Gregory Friend

Evie was having lots of fun and was completely covered in chocolate as she climbed out of the pit and through to the other side. As they approached the next activity, she frowned. "No, not really." she said honestly to her partner. She shrugged. "But it can't be that hard, right?" She grabbed some of the jigsaw pieces and started trying to put them together, matching the colours up as she went.
@Raawhiti Te Rangi

Josh nodded as Emmanuel had spoken about the puzzle pieces. "Right... Fire Puzzle... Got it..." Josh huffed as he continued on through the mud. It wasn't long until he had reached the next obstacle, looking at all the pieces on the table, and picking up the pieces of the fire puzzle to look at them, trying his best to somewhat help. "Do you know where to start from here?"

@Emmanuel Okoye

Aine raised her eyebrow at her partner, but she supposed there were reasons they hadn't been sorted into Ravenclaw. Aine still thought she wanted to have some words with the hat, but she supposed she'd come to accept where she was over a couple of years. She drew in a deep breath, shaking her head slowly. "I can, uh...I can pretend to be." Aine replied with a tired laugh. She'd done a lot of puzzles in her fourteen years, usually just pulling some up online to do when she was really, really bored. She wished she had her wand on hand to clean her hands with magic, but she was glad it hadn't been chocolateified. Instead she just quickly worked to put together the pieces, squinting at a few of them but eventually getting there. It wasn't the fastest, and a couple of pairs were speeding through and moving ahead, but they seemed to get there in reasonable time. "Okay, maybe adequate, not genius..." she muttered, drawing in a deep breath and looking at Seraphiel. "Think we can keep going?"

@Seraphiel Fletcher

Emmanuel was glad when they had finally made it out of the chocolate mud. He was stood in front of the fire puzzle and took the first piece, "I think we should still try to find the edges. I think it has a yellow border, so let's find all the yellow border pieces," he said with a sure tone. It would help them to place them all out and then they could start putting them together. Emmanuel found the bottom pieces since they had a straight edge. He was easily getting into it. This was a strong suit of his.
@Joshua Lynch

Gregory was trying to just get through this. He was so close to getting out of the mud, and with Cass gripping his shirt to get him also there. They drew up to the next hurdle, which was a puzzle. Gregory reached into his pocket and took out his glasses, he had thought this would be simple running and such, but it wasn't and a puzzle was a bit more difficult. He looked between them and then pointed to the owl. "Maybe that one," It seemed difficult but it had something to work towards an image. That had to be easiest. He spread out the pieces and began trying to put the puzzle together.
@Cassius Styx

Renata tried to assist in putting some of the pieces together, but she knew she wasn't doing very much. She hadn't ever done too many puzzles before, maybe some with her father when she was a toddler but not many since. They seemed to be slowly getting there, but it was complicated especially with the chocolate fingertips. Renata felt a twinge of guilt somewhere in the back of her mind when Sky complimented her nails, but she ignored it in favour of concentration. "Oh, you like them? Thank you! Gwen said the colour would suit and I wasn't sure at first but she was right I think." She forgot briefly that Sky and Gwen didn't exactly get along. "Are we going to be able to stand it up?" Renata asked, when it looked like they were getting closer to completion. Or Sky was, Renata didn't feel as though she was really helping.

@Niamh Eriksen

Louis pulled a face as he saw Caleb eat the chocolate pudding off his face. "Gross." He said, shuddering. Everyone was trudging through it with their dirty shoes. Caleb really was a savage sometimes. He was glad when they moved past that obstacle, breathing hard from running. He looked over the puzzles uncertainly. "This one?" He asked, gesturing to the puzzle with all the squares. It was colorful, so that would make it easier right? He didn't wait for Caleb to agree, he started gathering pieces and trying to put them together quickly.

@Caleb Thorne

Professor Kingsley couldn't see the entirety of the race from her vantage point but she could hear the students drawing closer to her obstacle. She couldn't help but chuckle as she saw them covered in chocolate pudding. The obstacle she stood near was perhaps the easiest looking but, of course, there was a twist. A set of miniature quidditch hoops sat a short distance from each station, a bucket of apples and a note beside it all that read:

Third obstacle: Each partner on the team must succeed in getting an apple through one of the quidditch hoops beyond. Sounds easy, right? Not if you are only allowed to use your mouth to toss the apples through! Good luck!

it felt like they were taking forwver with the jigsaw. why had they picked one so hard. "yes it does suit you. she has always had an eye for style" she said as renata explained the reason behind the nails wondering when she had done her nails with gwen and then feeling guilty, of course renata would have other friends, she did. Eventually they had the leaves in place and it seemed to somewhat resemble the picture. "i think we are there." she said as she put the last piece of the jigsaw in place. "now to stand it up. if you take that side and we go gently. one two three go" she said as they managed to get it standing only losing a couple of pieces which were easy to replace. And then they were off again her arm around renata. when they reached the next challenge she stopped and looked at Renata. "you are chaser? you've got this in the bag" she said. letting her friend go first.

Renata was glad she didn't knock everything over when they put the tree upright, though she did manage to accidentally knock a couple of pieces down. Thankfully, they were able to get it sat right, and importantly were able to have had a long enough break to catch their breath. The chocolate was starting to set a little on her skin and she felt pretty gross, but they had a race to win and she just focused on running in a steady rhythm. It was easy enough for the two of them, they weren't the fastest but certainly not slow. Renata saw the hoops and the apples, and looked a little relieved. This was something she could do - she played chaser, after all. But then she read the instructions, and faltered. "If I could throw them...maybe. And I think we both have to." Considering Sky had done most of the work on the puzzle, it felt unfair not to give her a break and let Renata handle this one. But she'd at least go first...and completely botched the first throw, the apple falling pathetically from her mouth. "I wish we knew how to do wandless magic," she joked, the next making it a little further, but bouncing off the edge of the hoop. Renata carefully put the stem of the next between her teeth, leaned her head back, and then threw it forward, propelling the apple by practically kissing it as she let the stem go and barely managing to clear one of the hoops. Any less and it wouldn't have made it through. This was awkward and embarrassing, but so was the whole thing really. "Your turn!"

Josh nodded as he listened to Emmanuel's suggestion. "Sounds like a plan," Josh says with a grin, as he got to work and tried to find the yellow pieces, he had only managed to find a few of them and made a small group of the yellow pieces he found between them. "These are the ones I found" Josh explains, as he points to the group of yellow pieces. He had hoped that he managed to help the best way he could. He noticed in the distance small versions of quidditch hoops, and he was excited about that. He then looked back at the puzzle in front of them.

@Emmanuel Okoye

"You are a genius!" Sera said. Being paired up with Aine was getting better and better. Maybe they actually had a chance of winning this thing. "Yeah - go, go!" By now, Sera's bound leg was aching like it had run the left half of a marathon, but he wouldn't have slowed down if it had been on fire. They reached the next obstacle in good time; but if Sera had thought the wooden owl puzzle was difficult, he was in for an unpleasant surprise. There was no way they'd ever throw an apple all that way with their mouths, let alone get it through one of the hoops! Maybe there was a technique to it... Like that! To heck with Ravenclaw - Hufflepuff was clearly the smartest house. Sera clamped the stem of an apple between his teeth and attempted to toss it; but as he drew his head back, the fruit fell straight off the stem and went rolling off behind them. "Seriously?" he said, spitting out the stem. Well, at least he'd created another obstacle for the kids behind them.

@Aine Thompson

The professor was pulling double duty for the race, so as soon as she saw the first few groups settling in to the final task, the woman hurried towards the finish line. The yellow piece of fabric was tied between two trees. It rippled with the wind, making a slight flapping noise as it moved about.

It was a fun race, to be sure, and the professor couldn't wait to see who would cross the finish line first.

OOCOut of Character:
The finish line is here! The first teams who cross the line (as outlined in the initial rules) will earn house points and Bragging rights

Sky was watched as renata managed to get the apple through the hoop. she defiantly had a technique. it reminded her of the bobbing for apples game at the Halloween feast or, well, she looked away before that thought couldtake hold. it was only then that she realised that it was her turn to do it. she tried to copy renatas technique and it took her a few attempts but feeling slightly more like a horse tossing its head than she would have expected she managed to get the apple through the hoop and they were off again. with the finish line in sight. she was hopeful that maybe they would make it and get points. "we are almost there" she said to Renata her arm around her friend as they made their way towards the finish line and she let herself hope that they may get some position.
@Renata Stepanova

Users who are viewing this thread

Back