The Stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Heck yeah," Sully said as Jatin offered part of his sign, taking the free side happily. "Go Gryffindor!" He yelled out into the crowd, even as Hufflepuff scored. "I don't think it''s too complicated.." He said, scanning the pitch and trying to keep track of what was happening. He knew the rules in theory, though it was suddenly a lot trickier to figure out who was doing what when everyone was zooming around the way they were. "Red good, yellow bad." He settled on with a grin and a shrug.

Elliot smiled when Adorah mentioned cheering for Hufflepuff. "It's a good choice," He said nonchalantly, but cheered along with her, smiling at her enthusiasm. "Quidditch is pretty exciting, though it can make me a little nervous sometimes with the bludgers flying around," He said, nodding to one that whizzed across the pitch. "Let me know if you need any of the rules explained, but really you want to keep an eye on her," He said, point out the Hufflepuff seeker, April. "She's the one who's gonna win it for us, I hope."

Matt had faithfully attended every game April or October had played, and this one was no exception. That didn't take away that he felt like he was losing years of his life to stress whenever he saw bludgers get near one of his girls. April especially had had it rough in the past, being knocked out by bludgers on more than one occasion. Matt was fairly sure he was more nervous about Hufflepuffs Quidditch matches than his daughter was. He was glad October was there with him, though she seemed much more excited about it than him. Of course he was proud as he saw April take to the air and fly around the pitch, but he was nervous too. She was working hard, even from here he could tell she was extremely focused on her task. He was rooting for her, hoping she would catch the snitch quickly and without getting hurt.

Adorah listened as Elliot talked about the bludgers and winced. She couldn't imagine playing such a violent sport where people actually cheered because someone else was harmed by enchanted massive dodgeballs. She was thankfully a little familiar with the rules of the game, but this time, things seemed to be rather uneventful. "I'm set on the rules and basics, but are these games usually this stagnant?" she asked the boy. She wasn't quite sure why people enjoyed it so far. When he mentioned the seeker, Adorah watched as she flew around the field so gracefully. She wondered how people were able to look so calm on a broom where as she knocked people off of brooms during Flying Lessons.

Amy laughed at Sully's comment of yellow being bad."I don't know Sully, the yellow looks pretty good out there!" She wasn't sure if he'd hear her, since she was sitting a few seats away from the group he was with and it was a little noisy. She didn't mind though. The noise was exciting.

As she watched, Amy began comparing Quidditch with rugby, which she used to play with her brother. They were both pretty fierce, but Amy thought she'd like to play Quidditch more."You need to get better at flying first," she muttered to herself.

@Solomon Tofilau

Sully laughed when he noticed Amy and her taunting comments. "Yeah sure, whatever. We're just giving you guys a head start, it's cool." He said, giving another cheer when Gryffindor grabbed possession, choosing to ignore the fact that Hufflepuff had scored again. It was a little disheartening when Hufflepuff stole the quaffle back and managed to score again as well. It seemed like maybe their defense was a little rubbish, but Sully honestly couldn't tell if it was good or bad that no one had really gotten hit by any bludgers.

Elliot felt his gut clench every time the Gryffindor seeker made a sharp turn or move, but so far it seemed like neither seeker really had a bead on the snitch yet. At least the Hufflepuff chasers were working just as hard as their seeker was, and Elliot cheered as Hufflepuff managed to score again. "I dunno if I'd call it stagnant, but I guess compared to our last game against Slytherin, this match is taking forever," He said, a bit sheepishly. "Some quidditch games can go on forever, like days long, just depends on how flighty the snitch is being.." He said, wandering off to scan the pitch idly for the snitch, as if he could somehow spot it before the seekers could.

Adorah couldn't imagine having to sit for days to watch a silly game. What would happen with classes and other obligations? She had heard about the previous match with Hufflepuff and Slytherin, and that had given her the impression that she wouldn't have to spend so much time on the pitch. Just as she was about to ask Elliot a question, there seemed to be a triumph among the Gryffindor team as their Seeker caught the snitch. Adorah frowned at Elliot and shrugged her shoulders. "Sorry you guys didn't win. Maybe next year?" She gave Elliot a small pat on the shoulder as she wasn't sure how invested he was in the game.

Leda was still on edge that the Ravenclaw seeker was nearby, but turned her attention back to the game. Hufflepuff were leading after the chasers managed to score a few goals. They still needed the snitch though. Suddenly there was commotion, and the Slytherin looked across the pitch to see Syrus had managed to get the snitch. This was all such a fix, Gryffindor didn’t deserve to win. She stood up quickly, she’d seen enough. Storming off the stands she needed to get back to the castle, and hoped in a few days the same issue wouldn’t be the case for her own game. They needed to win first place.

Even though Slytherin was playing, Diana was watching the game wearing blue and a Ravenclaw scarf. She had to root for her boyfriend, after all. Simon was the Ravenclaw keeper and she wanted everyone who didnt know it yet to know they were together. Though deep down she did root a bit for Sapphire too, and was glad to see her friend playing in this match.

Dressed in a a blue shirt tied on the side to make it small and jeans and sneakers, Yvette made her way to her first Quidditch match of the year. Yes, first, because she never wanted to watch any of them if none of her relatives will play. But this particular one has someone close to her playing, no, it wasn't Alexis Kramer who's a distant relative by marriage but Joshua Toubia. She thought the boy might want a support from her and by all means, she wore his house colour and tied her hair in a messy bun with a blue ribbon. Although her journey toward the stands was anything but celebrated.

Some of her housemates looked at her. Nora and Philip asked her if everything was alright. Yvette answered them politely with a big yes and walked out. To not further the stares the other Slytherins who knows her, Yvette decided to sit at the Ravenclaw side of the pitch. The game didn't start smoothly as the Slytherin beater accidentally sent a bludger to their own. Yvette bit her lips and as she watch intently something she didn't want to see happen. Joshua got hit. She might not have noticed it but she started tasting blood on her lips. The girl wipe her lips, heart beat raising. She hope the game would end pretty fast.

Adorah hesistantly made her way into the stands for her house's quidditch game. She didn't really have anyone to sit with and therefore felt awkward celebrating house pride. She did try to befestive, though. She was wearing a blue dress with bronze jewelry and a gold ribbon donned in her hair. As the game began, Adorah winced at how many people were being hit by the bludgers. She couldn't imagine ever wanting to play this sport for real. It seemed like a very easy way to break a few bones... or worse.

Though he knew Lars probably wouldn't play today, Elliot had still come to support him anyway. It was a shame Hufflepuff was out of the running, but he figured Ravenclaw seemed to have pretty good odds of taking the cup this year and he was happy to cheer Lars on for that. As the game progressed though, Elliot felt more and more relieved that Lars was benched today, wincing at every, repeated bludger hit. He felt especially bad for Jasper, getting hit so early, and then again not too long after. It didn't look like Jasper was having too great a time out there and Elliot's heart went out for him even if he was cheering for the other team.
After the second time out for an injured player, Elliot glanced around the stands, glad for another reprieve from the repeated hits, when he spotted Adorah nearby and shuffled over to sit with her again. "Hey, so this game's a little more uh.. lively.. this time, huh?" He said, a little sheepishly. He really was worried about the players, hoping the snitch would be caught soon.

Last edited:
Theodore had never been very interested in Quidditch, but for Zoe's sake he was watching. The game had been confusing, but also surprisingly brutal. Theodore was realizing that he kind of enjoyed that aspect of this game, and he was oddly proud of Zoe for wreaking so much havoc. He had to give her a compliment about it later, though for now he hoped she would get out of this game without being hurt herself. He hated being on the stands surrounded by all other students, but if he focused on the game and on her, it was easier to ignore them.

Elliot couldn't believe how wildly the bludgers were in this game, shocked as even more players were removed from the game. He felt a knot in his stomach when Lars was called from the bench again, as a chaser this time. He still gave Lars a cheer, even if it was a weak one, hoping to support his friend despite how scary today's game was. Lars would be fine, no one would be targeting him hopefully, though Elliot eyed Blake Irons nervously. Ravenclaw scored and Elliot let cheer, grateful that the chasers were making some progress at least.

Diana hadn't expected to find the match this exciting, but she couldn't quite look away. She wasn't only looking at Simon either, and she leaned forward to see a little better. She was clearly supporting Ravenclaw, wearing all blue, but she couldn't stop herself from looking at Sapphire too. Her friend was playing seeker now, and Diana hoped she would do well even if she knew she was supposed to be rooting for her boyfriend. He wouldn't need to know she was rooting for Sapphire too.

April had been on the edge of her seat for the entire match, sitting next to her father. At the beginning she had been excited, but that excitement had waned when she had seen just how violent his game was. It couldn't be any different from her last game, which had felt a bit slow at times. April watched in dismay as two of the players were taken out, then the Slytherin seeker as well. Then, to her absolute horror and that of her dad as well, October was hit for the third time with a bludger. April yelled, both upset and angry. She rushed off, ignoring the rest of the game completely to run to the hospital wing. She assumed her dad was following her.

Agnes didn’t have permission to play on the team, but if she did she would probably have made a fair beater. As she watched her house play against Beauxbatons and her cousin Quentin, she was seriously envious about how many other kids got to choose their own fates while at Hogwarts. Agnes hadn’t even been allowed to pick her own electives and was waiting for a note from her dad to tell her what to apply for. The second year at by herself, watching to see if her cousin would mess up saving a goal.

Tyler wondered why Hogwarts New Zealand was playing against a French school to end the Quidditch season. It was a strange choice, though it did mean that Slytherin got to shine one more time. He was a bit frustrated about Quidditch, especially since everyone seemed to care about nothing else, but he also couldn't miss one of their matches. He had been hoping Blake would play, but it wasn't the case. He rolled his eyes when Jasper got to play somehow, wondering why the captain was making such weird choices. As he watched the game, he noticed a girl from his year standing close. He'd never talked to Agnieszka before, he didn't think, but he knew who she was. "You like Quidditch?" He asked her, mostly for something to do.

The Chaser actually missed her shot, but Agnes was quietly pleased that at least Quentin hadn’t been shown up. She didn’t her best to stifle a wince when he got hit though, but at least someone else had tried to avenge him. As Agnes heard a voice to the side, she glanced over briefly to see one of the boys in her year. She crossed her arms and gave a shrug, “Only when there’s nothing better to do,” she said truthfully. The only reason she was here was because she wanted to see what it was like to have the French over and against her own house. She may have liked it more if she’d had to choice to actually play.

Tyler wasn't sure what sort of answer he had expected from the girl, but the one he got made him smile a bit. He looked over at the pitch and shrugged. "I agree. It's a bit overrated I think." He said lightly. He knew Blake would disagree, and he wouldn't say that in front of his friend. "But... was there nothing better to do, with exams coming up?" He added with a glance at her. He didn't much care about studying or grades, but had felt like she probably did. He was mostly curious how she would react.

Agnes nodded in agreement when Tyler mentioned it was overrated. “I don’t know, I suppose it’s the only magical sport the schools actually play. It’s hard not to get obsessed with it if you like sport.” She shot him another glance, “I imagine.” She didn’t really care about it herself but she could see why people might. She let out a sound as though she was swallowing her own tongue when her housemate mentioned exams. Her parents were hot on her tail to do well in them, which was making her feel more sick than the exams themselves. “Are you trying to drive me crazy?” Was this his way of making friends? Judging someone for not studying? “No, I’d rather keep my sanity,” she clarified in a thick American accent. ”Since you’re here, I take it you agree?” the brunette added curiously.

Tyler shrugged. "Then that's a problem. There should be more sports to play." He said curtly. He missed the track team from his muggle school a lot, though he wouldn't admit that. The girl's reaction to his question about the exams made Tyler's eyebrows rise. "No, I'm just asking a question." He said, his tone indicating that he thought her reaction was pretty weird. He shrugged. "I don't care about exams that much, I'm sure I'll pass. I thought you were the type to study more than me." He said, though he shrugged to show he didn't really care. He was only talking to her to have something to do, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back