🤍 No Grit No Pearl 🤍

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
3rd-4th year students only, please.

Valentine's had left a sour taste in Brooke's mouth and she'd been searching for something to cleanse her palette ever since. The idea she'd come up with was probably juvenile, but Brooke couldn't deny it had a certain appeal. She'd been searching for a way to feel less isolated, and there was nothing quite like a game of spin the bottle to knock down some boundaries, she figured.

It hadn't taken much to set up. Just borrowing a glass bottle from the kitchens and a few whispered invitations between classes had done nicely, and now Brooke was ready. She'd roped in Ivy and Delilah to help move aside what few desks still lurked in the old abandoned classroom, clearing a wide space in the middle of the room that they could all site and still see the bottle clearly. Then, she'd perched herself on one of the pushed aside desks to wait to see who showed up, not wanting to sit on the grubby ground until she had to.

OOCOut of Character:
It's that time again! We'll be waiting a few days or so for folks to post their character arriving before we start the actual game so everyone has an idea of who's around to be spun. Don't worry if you miss arrivals, please still feel free to jump in the thread whenever!

Some ground rules:
  • Please only post with 3rd-4th year students to avoid any awkward age differences.
  • Please only join if you're sure you can stay active in the thread if you're spun. I also encourage keeping things OSW style to keep things moving and fun for everyone.
  • I'll be using RNG to determine who the bottle lands on for my posts, but feel free to pick your target however you'd like. Just make sure you make it clear who your char is interacting with, even if IC they do not know their name. I recommend @-ing them to make sure they see it!
  • To avoid accidental godmodding, please either leave room for other people's characters to back out of a kiss or discuss the outcome with the RPer OOC if possible. A kiss on the cheek is fine as well.
  • For extra fun or just to get an idea of the flow, check out the game Daph ran previously or Sully's game last year as well!

Delilah felt absolutely ridiculous as she wiped her hands on her skirt to get rid of the layer of dust the seemed to be all over her after helping Brooke set up for spin the bottle. Her heart leapt into her throat and she felt like her bones might jump out of her skin the moment any one arrived. She had gone along with the idea, the way she always did when it came to Brooke's plots, because it was easier than saying no. But there was a part of her that thought this might be fun. She had never kissed anyone before and she figured this might be an easy way to get it over with. Even if there was a voice in the back of her mind that sounded a lot like her mother saying less kind things about it. So she was stuck, shifting her weight anxiously as she stood next to Brooke, feeling far too nervous to sit still.

Seraphina couldn't believe she'd heard Brooke was arranging spin the bottle. It seemed just like the thing the Slytherin would do. She was way too nosey and into people's business, but the Gryffindor couldn't help but want to sneak in. She definitely didn't want to play, but she also wondered if Tilly would be there. Not because she wanted to kiss her or anything. Just because she wanted to see what would happen. She always felt so behind socially based on her interactions with Jenna, and this might be the way to at least be aware of what was going on. Even if she didn't really care.

Anna had heard about the spin the bottle game arranged by a girl from her year in Slytherin, what was her name? Brooke or Brooklyn? Something like that. And Anna wasn't exactly in the mood to go to the game but she was convinced by the fact that Hilda is going and Kiara just made her do it as Anna hadn't been socializing a lot lately. And to not go alone and because his dorm was the closest, she also made Nick go. "Oh don't be so grumpy, let's go!" Anna literally pulled him with her and he started to actually go himself only when they were finally in the abandoned classroom. And there were already people in there, she smiled at Seraphina knowing her as her roommate and girl from Ravenclaw pretty sure that there bigger chances that Nick would know her, but she gave a nod to her too. "I'm Anna, he's Nick," she let them know anyway. They had enough people in school to actually forget someone's name, and with that, she looked around. Was Elisa coming over too? Or Zach? And where was Hilda?

Nick was regretting his whole life when cousins said that he has to go, Kiara made him go out of the common and Anna pulled him all the way down there, not even listening to his perfectly thought-through excuses why he wasn't a good tribute for this game. Only it seemed like Anna didn't care whether he wanted it or not, so only in the last steps, he finally accepted his path. And as his cousin introduced them, he gave a fake but still weak smile and what he was even supposed to do? What did he do so wrong that he was there?

Sawyer was pretty sure this was a terrible idea. The second he walked into the classroom and saw Ivy, he was certain this was a terrible idea. He resisted the urge to sprint back out the door though, keeping his head angled strategically away from Ivy as he shuffled around the room, eventually coming to stand next to Niklaus with a small wave hello to his roommate. He'd go stand by Delilah, but that'd mean standing by Ivy and Sawyer didn't know if he was prepared for that, emotionally. He'd barely spoken to Ivy after running away from her at the dance and he needed to figure out how to act like a human being before he tried again any time soon. So naturally, coming into a room where he might get to kiss her was a great idea. Wonderful.

Blair still hated the thought of love and relationships but it only made sense to want to try how that kissing thing felt like. People seemed to enjoy and she wanted to know why they were so crazy about it. "So, is there anyone special you want to kiss?" Blair nudged Hilda lightly as they entered the room. From their year Hilda still was Blair's only friend but as they entered the room she immediately looked around to see whether Theia was there. Was she even coming? Would she enjoy games like this? But as she caught herself looking for her, she turned back to Hilda, hoping that friend didn't notice her looking for someone. "If I will get to kiss you, it will be the last time you will see me cause I will stop my existence in the same second," she surely found kissing her friend really weird, and yet she would rather kiss Hilda because she already knew her.
@Hildegard de Valeriane

-godmode approved-

Flynn had no idea how he managed to get dragged into attending this stupid spin the bottle. He had a scowl on his face as he wandered towards the empty classroom, hands shoved into his pockets as he entered and glanced at who else had shown up. Quite a few people already, and no doubt more were going to show up as well. Hopefully, he could just get through this without being thrown into doing anything embarrassing. Maybe he could just hang back to the side and watch.

"Uh no i don't think so...and you ? "answered Hilda laughing a bit nervously. She had heard of the event and immediately wanted to go, she had grabbed Blair on the way.
In the room were people most of whom Hilda knew , some more than others. She saw Anna accompanying the dark-haired boy who had challenged group work to one of the previous charms class and waved to them, these two must know each other because it was not the first the gryffindor saw them together.Hilda turned her head toward Blair when she made a comment “Hey are you saying I'm kissing badly ?” she joked, raising an eyebrow.
@Blair Silver

Last edited:
Casper had absolutely no idea why he was here. He swallowed nervously, hanging behind Linden as they walked into the room. Why had he even let Linden drag him here? Cas was shifting nervously on his feet, his eyes darting around the room. What was he supposed to do? Go sit down? He took a tiny step closer to Linden, biting his lip. "What are we supposed to do now?" He asked the other boy, turning to look at his roommate with wide eyes. @Linden Cullen

Aubrey wasn't sure what had made her decide to come here, but she was sure it would be interesting. She walked into the room, and not seeing anyone she wanted to talk to, she walked over to an empty seat and settled down. This could be amusing, she supposed. She flicked her dark hair behind her shoulder, looking around at the others.

Addy was insanely nervous. She wanted to get over Augustus, sure, but like this? She walked into the room, both startled and relieved to see Casper there with one of his roommates. She hurried over, slipping her arm through Casper's and looking over to the boy he was with. "Can I sit with you guys?" She asked, peeking up at Casper before looking to the other boy. @Linden Cullen

Estella had heard rumours of a game of spin the bottle happening in the abandoned classroom during her classes. She was unsure whether or not she wanted to go, especially since her friends weren't really keen on the idea. Spin the bottle involved actually kissing people and the teen couldn't help but feel a little nervous about that. She wanted in on the fun though, and so she made her way to the abandoned classroom when it started. Scanning the room, a few people were already there, mostly third years but some fourth years too. She spotted Sawyer and so made her way over to him. She felt comfortable around familiar and friendly faces and he happened to be the friendliest there in her opinion. He was standing with another Ravenclaw and Estella just smiled at him in greeting. "Have you ever done this before?" she whispered to him, not wanting to make it obvious how nervous she was.

@Sawyer Carnahan

Eustace walked the game and he was a little late. "Sorry, for late!" He apologize for everyone and he walked closed where was Hilda. "Did i miss something?" He asked with warm smile. @Hildegard de Valeriane

Last edited:
Hilda saw Eustace walk towards them "Hey dude, no you haven't missed anything yet" Hilda replied with a smile. "By the way Eustace this is Blair. Blair this is Eustace my favorite Slytherin" She didn't know if these two already knew each other so she had took the initiative to introduce them. @Eustace Ross @Blair Silver

Last edited:
"That good. I'm happy that i nothing missed. I was good nap." He told her with warm smile and blushed when she say favorit Gryffindor."Well, You are my favorit Gryffondor girl! Nice to meet you!" He shake a little Hilda hair.

@Hildegard de Valeriane and @Blair Silver

"Ha, no way! That would mean that I am attracted to someone and no way I am doing that," Blair nudged Hilda and then laughed at her answer about the kiss. "Oh, girl! It will be your first kiss, no way it will be good!" she laughed and nudged her again.

Then they were approached by some boy and Blair couldn't help but raise an eyebrow when he acted like she wasn't even there, so she got overprotectively closer to Hilda and put her arm around her. But she gave him a fake smile when Hilda introduced them to each other. "I am pretty sure I am Hilda's favorite Hufflepuff," she honestly smiled at Hilda and put her head on Hilda's shoulder before faking out a new smile for Eustace. "Приятно," Blair just said and then answered to him with same, paid all the attention to Hilda.
@Hildegard de Valeriane @Eustace Ross

приятно-sweet

Linden had heard about the spin the bottle game. he had heard stories of it a few years before from his friends. and overheard willow and Chante talking about it years ago when they thought he was asleep. he had heard about a game happening this year. unfortunately, he would not be able to go or at least play as he had alexei. however, Casper had been moping around the dorm for the last few months that he finally managed to convince him to go and he had to go there for moral support. they found a spot and as jasper asked what to do he was glad that Addison joined them. hopefully, his friend would not back out if his cousin was also there. "I guess we wait for the game to start" he said. looking around the group of people in the room. there seemed to be a lot more third years than fourth years. and a lot more girls than guys. he was starting to think that this may have been a bad idea. but as he had been the one to drag Casper here he was not going to admit it. so instead he just looked around wondering who would kiss who, and if it really counted as cheating if it was part of a game.

@Casper Beckett
OOCOut of Character:
as much as linden thinks he is just here to watch. he will play if someone spins him. and likewise if someone gets him he won't flinch away.

Ryan wasn't sure he 'got' the appeal of a game like spin the bottle but when he'd asked Nicole about it, she'd just cryptically told him he should find out for himself. He hated when Nicole knew things he didn't, which happened a lot with things like this, so after enlisting Augustus to come too in case he needed a spare pair of eyes, he'd made his way down to the second floor. There didn't seem to be much happening yet, just a space cleared in the floor and several other kids milling around, so things must have not started, which left plenty of time for Ryan to observe the others before the game began.

Sawyer had been so focused on not staring at Ivy or any other people in the room he nearly missed Estella joining him, trying not to flinch when she whispered. Hopefully he didn’t look as sweaty as he felt right now. “Yeah, totally. You know me. Kissing machine over here,” he said with a weak laugh, trying to keep his voice low like she had even if others in the room were chatting as more people arrived. @Estella Fuentes

Leia had heard about the spin the bottle game and while she hadn't thought she should attend, Leia decided she would. she didn't need boys but that didn't mean she didn't want to kiss someone. And she thought it would be fun. When she stepped into the room Leia was immediately worried about the others. She saw a few people she knew, but she didn't know too many and she felt older than a lot of the other students though she really wasn't. She did just take a spot in the circle keen for things to get started.

Augustus wasn't sure what he was doing her. But when Ryan wanted to do something Augustus often found himself doing the same thing himself. He was never entirely sure how it happened. He felt incredibly nervous as he looked around the room, taking in how many people there were. He noticed Addison and gave her an awkward wave from across the room, though he stayed by Ryan's side. He still felt a bit weird about Addison since the dance, a little hurt she hadn't let him know she wasn't going. He glanced at Ryan. "Your sister isn't coming, right?" He whispered, though he knew she was probably too old and too cool to hang around here.

@Ryan Fisk

Liusaidh waltzed boldly into the room where this game was to take place and she looked between the different people. Liusaidh was not going to enjoy kissing people below her but she might have fun with people and watching others was going to have. "Brooke!" she said loudly and moved to sit next to her squeezing in next to her. She wasn't going to sit with anyone else.

Ivy wasn't entirely sure if this was a good idea, but it was certainly intriguing. The Gryffindor had worried a bit that not a lot of people would show up, but the room was filling up fast. Ivy leaned against one of the desks, glancing at Brooke and Delilah with each new arrival. She saw Sawyer showed up and tried to catch his eye, but he wasn't looking at her. She spotted Flynn as well, which surprised her. He seemed too anti-social for this, though she supposed the same could be said for her. Ivy frowned as Liusaidh went to Brooke like they were best friends, but held back any comments for now.

Casper nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt someone on his arm, but he relaxed as he looked down and saw it was just Addison. He smiled softly, twisting his hand to take hers. He looked back to Linden. "Maybe we should sit down?" He asked the two of them, looking between Linden and Addison. @Linden Cullen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back