Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
I was talking to Phoebe about this the other day and I thought I'd make a thread about it. Characters finding out that they're secretly related to one another is a pretty popular plot, one I think just about everyones done by now. Can you really be a member of HNZ until your character Samantha finds out she's the long lost sister to Vanessa after four years of them being best friends? :p

So I wanted to make a topic to see how many people have done this plot over the years, and see just how popular it really is :lol:
Do you have a character guilty of this? Who are they related to and how did they find out? Let us know!

One example I have is Aeon finding out he's the son of Mikhail Matthias. Not much of it was roleplayed, but its definitely not helped his already poor relationship with his mother. :(

So mine is kind of the inverse of this. My character Nadia Kaster was adopted, but she's actually the daughter of Richard Mckay a scitorari. He thinks she's dead though. Most of it is rped in the background of other role-plays and not directly.

I also have another one that is currently being rped involving Maise Verdeau and Neven Lurken. So I've been guilty of this a few times over the years :r

This has happened to me so much over the years I love them =))

My first was when Aaliyah (then Kaziien) found her her long lost twin sister was Leah Nevada (now Kain) which basically ties up my Kains and Olafs xD

They then proceeded to discover their dad is Libbys step dad, and as such Libbys half sister is now Aaliyah and Leahs half sister :p

When Libby was I think 14 she found out she had an older brother..

And of course Olive has just discovered she's a distant cousin from Monty :p

Dan and I have done something like this. Isabelle Marie is Zach Jordan's biological sister but she only found out in like her fourth or fifth year =)) So that was fun. Doing a long lost sibling type of plot aha. Get this though. They are/were both Ravenclaws :r

Oh, and my characters Athena and Sara are related. Isabelle’s mother is living with Athena’s family because she’s friends with her mother which is kind of twisted because if I someday make a plot where I make Athena’s mother related to Isabelle’s mother they too will be related.
<i></i>

Nadia Kaster said:
I've been guilty of this a few times over the years :r
9e7a4559684efb304f092a3c9b4a87e8.png

I can only imagine :r

I also once said Geo would never find her family but this may no longer be true :r

Oh and Rob Kain has a son he doesn't know about..

I'm guilty of this too xD

Odette finding out she has half siblings was one of the first big plots I planned, which I was really excited about. Now Matthew is graduating and it's a little strange. But she can torment her half-sister Charlotte for a bit longer.

Then with Kathy I have the Tillingtons, two sisters separated at a young age that were reunited at Hogwarts. They knew about each other so it isn't exactly the same plot but its similar enough. :r

So I did the one with Clara which was the first time I'd ever done it before.

I have a few that have happened behind the scenes because I'm super lazy about rping with myself.

Jackson here was supposed to be revealed as a long lost cousin of James. Secret love child of his uncle. I think I go as far as James reacting to his sorting in a topic but that was it.

In fact when making a new Cade the first question I ask myself is do the main ones know about this one.

One of my first characters Oliver Halliwell later turned out to be a secret relation. Again I didn't rp the reveal.

Then there's still one more to come. :r

There’s a future one too Dan :r let’s not forget about that.

Ooh I have another one I forgot about. Kaia, my fifth year Ravenclaw, was adopted when she was a baby into the Rosemary family. Years later she found out about it and that she is in fact a Grimm and not a Rosemary.

Also, Eva Mariani has a twin sister she thought was dead as her parents made her believe she was a few years ago, but her parents recently found out she survived and haven’t told Eva yet. It’ll be a scene when she finds out.

Man, I love complicated plot twists. :shifty:
<i>
</i>

I haven't joined the secret relatives plot yet, but there is something coming up :shifty:

Like Dan, I just keep on adding more characters to the same family where they already know each other xD

But I do love reading other people's and see everyone's family trees play out ^_^

I don't think I've done one of these plots. :o I've had relatives be surprised that other family members were in NZ too, but no secret ones that I can remember.
I feel like I'm missing out on a key part of HNZ. :p

My first family the Holland/Hollawarths and Kingsleys (Kait) had long lost siblings who both from each family and were married to each other. Does that count?

Natalie finds out about her family, Damian never does. :r (Absent from the site)

And Maddiie has a cousin named Esme, who changed her last name and found out during her school year I think, that she had two sisters! Lexi Rodriguez and Willow Paradox. Fathered by Rafael De La Cruz. It may not count though, that plot was messy. :r

I know one of my first characters found out she had a twin that she was separated from at birth but now I pretend it didn't happen and if anyone asks her IC, she says that it was all a fake and just some girl trying to get to her father's riches :r

I'm guilty of this too with Jon/Sam and Eduardo. They never knew their dads were brothers because of some family feud that happened a million years ago before all of them were born, and when Sam and Jon's dad passed away there wasn't a way they could be told about it. Obviously after Eduardo was in their lives they found out and sort of reconnected part of the family and learned stuff about their dad's childhood that he never told them, which makes me happy.

I'm sure if both their dads were in contact, and each of them knew they had children they would have all been made aware of it much earlier.

One thing that I want to point out which is a real big coincidence is that shortly after this plot happened onsite, my mum reconnected with her aunt who she had not talked to in 40 or so years because of a feud her mum and her other aunt had with her. She discovered she had cousins that had been born since the feud that she did not know about.

So if anyone is concerned this might not be a realistic plot I have first hand experience that secret relatives or relatives that are unknown is a thing that definitely happens =))

Samuel Phillips said:
So if anyone is concerned this might not be a realistic plot I have first hand experience that secret relatives or relatives that are unknown is a thing that definitely happens =))
Very realistic! xD

Just like when some of my ics have faulty memories. My grandmother was in a car accident and forgot most of her childhood.

I think I've been guilty of this like 3 times? xD

Arisa had a younger half brother that she didn't know about until he was around 6? He was also a metamorphmagus, but unfortunately I never really got to use him :(

I had Josh Ayley who thought his daughter was dead, but she was actually kidnapped by some crazy lady, and made evil(this one is less realistic xD )

And finally secret twins because everyone loves the parent trap :p

I feel like I should join in on the discussion too even though I haven't been RPing for that long.

I haven't really done anything specific with long-lost relatives, but Charlotte's cousin is Calum and neither of them know of each other so I guess that counts? I haven't really thought of RPing it but I guess that could be interesting. I just hate RPing by myself :(

My first year Gwen doesn't know that Landon is kind of related to her. He's Charlotte's uncle and Gwen is Charlotte's adopted cousin from the other side of the family. It would be so awkward if she found out her Herbology teacher is kinda related :teehee:

edit: I only have like two family trees so this was bound to happen anyway xD

I thought "I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole" but why not? xD

Kalif had a few kids he was not aware of (Hades, Draegan and Patricia).
The Kyle siblings in school aren't aware of their older brothers, Samouel and Damon.
Arnost and his amazing way of getting around.
Many are cousins and not aware of.

And I'm ending it there. xD

Samuel Phillips said:
Yup, every time I see an ad for Ancestry DNA tests I just laugh awkwardly and tell whoever's closest that my great-aunt took one looking for her unknown circus grandfather, and instead found out that my mother has a half-sister literally no one knew about :erm:
HNZ-wise, however, Daph already mentioned the Tillingtons. Jessica Matthew's father that she's never met is alive somewhere, but he's a bit of a scumbag and probably won't turn up in her life ever.
Oh, and I just remembered another one, but that's a spoiler guys :r

I have decided to put the Toubias with the Holland/Hollwarths/Reyes. :p

If it maps out correctly, they would all have roots in Spain (Obvs reason). If not, I'll dismiss it.

I keep making typos. Ugh. :correct:

Wow, this is such a popular thing hahaha!!!

I had Monty discover he was related to Margo, and then distantly to Olive. I thinkk that's it for me!! :p

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
I don't think I've done one of these plots. :o I've had relatives be surprised that other family members were in NZ too, but no secret ones that I can remember.
I'm pretty sure I never had this plot in my characters either xD

Oh well, there's always the future :r Cyndi we can team up on it and both get in on this key part of HNZ :p

November Albertson said:
Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
I'm pretty sure I never had this plot in my characters either xD

Oh well, there's always the future :r Cyndi we can team up on it and both get in on this key part of HNZ :p
Let's dooooooo it! :woot:

I'm always happy for people to make secret Cade's :r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back