Party Hard

Odette was really a little hopeful about being able to make a friend like this. She remembered what Maria had said, and planned to put it to use. But then Hayden appeared. Out of all the people he could talk to, did he have to come talk to them? Odette immediately felt her walls go up, and she crossed her arms. She planned to stick around anyway, perhaps he would just... go away. But then he and Xena started flirting. Odette didn't want Hayden back, but seeing him flirt with another girl in front of her was still not her idea of fun. She glanced at Corrine, feeling bad for the other girl as she would probably be third-wheeling the two. The moment Hayden kissed Xena's hand, Odette couldn't take it anymore. Had he always been so dramatic? Rolling her eyes, she backed away slightly. "Yeah, I gotta go." She said, not hiding her distaste. She turned abruptly and started to stalk off, only to run into someone immediately. "Ouch." She hissed, stumbling back slightly.

Even though Rose hadn't left the snack table yet, she was having a pretty good time. The food was nice, and seeing people having fun was nice as well. She grinned as she spotted a familiar face in the crowd. Harley was here! Unsurprisingly, she made a beeline for Hayley. Which finally convined Rose to also head in that direction, even if it was still very busy around Lizzie. Grabbing a few snacks to share, she pushed her way through the people, popping up near Hayley, Harley and Lizzie. "Hi guys!" She said happily. "Harley, your hair is blond!" She added, though she was fairly sure the girl was aware of that fact. "It looks nice." She added, then held out a cupcake. "Want a snack?"

The blonde looked over the group that now stood close to her. The blonde was really happy with her title as president of the heta omega, but in fact she didn't thought she would get it. She knew Amber did a lot of the club too, and thought she would become that. But the blonde liked that she was getting chosen. She always liked Maddie, not only because of her good friendship with her brother but for the person she was. Evelyn looked at Amber as she congratulated her. Evelyn didn't got a chance to tell her before but she was gonna ask Amber to help her with Heta Omega later on. It was a big responsability and the blonde already had lots of stuff she did, but Amber did too she knew. Evelyn was just glad that things like this came on her path, when she could use some good news. '' Thanks Amber! I actually thought they would gonna choose you. But I'm sure we can work together to make Heta Omega even more amazing.'' Evelyn smiled at her friend and was glad that they were both doing a lot of same things. Amber suprised her a bit while trying to give her a way out of this conversation. The blonde was not dumb she knew all kinds of tricks like this to get rid of a boy or someone. It made her grin a little but she thought it was kind of Amber to help her like this. Evelyn smiled back at Amber but than wanted to hear what Lucas had to say. Evelyn had a feeling that Amber didn't really liked Lucas that much, but perhaps she was just being protective. Evelyn would do the same for her. Lucas also congratulated her with the new title. The blonde smiled back at him. '' Thanks Luc.'' Evelyn said. It really looked like he ment it and showed interest in her life after a lot of years. When she waited for Lucas to react on the girlfriend part, ofcourse she ment Zoe the blonde looked suprised as he told them they broke up. Deep down Evelyn felt some joy to that, because now there was nothing standing in their way anymore she figured. But on the other hand now was Lucas free and single and he was trying it again with her. It did seem like Lucas couldn't be alone, since he had so many girlfriends. Evelyn kept quiet for a moment, because she was right after all. Or at least she thought she was. Evelyn was always confident that Lucas and Zoe would break up, just as with Merrill the last time. And this year she felt it more like before. She and him were just ment to be and no matter who came in their path, they could not forget about eachother. Evelyn didn't had it lots of times, but she didn't knew what to say right now.
'' So what now? Going to the next girl? I don't believe you had a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin girl before.'' Evelyn said after a while. He was here now single and she had no idea how that would go. She wanted to have a talk with Lucas and she wanted to hear him saying that he liked her too, but so much happend this year. Evelyn was also stubborn and she knew Lucas was too. He had to fight for her. Although it felt like she runned back like a puppy to him, that was how he could charm her. But he could put more effort if he wanted something. It wouldn't go that easy. She felt a bit akward so the blonde saw Anabelle coming. Evelyn smiled at the girl. '' Hi Anabelle.'' she said friendly to the girl. They had met before and Evelyn liked her much.

Geo almost swatted Jess when she began yelling, every bone in her body willing her to lower her voice just in case someone was passing outside the bathroom. She'd never had anyone tell her to do that before, and quite frankly it was strange to her own ears. She wasn't exactly sure what to make of the situation though. She may not have been admiring from afar so much as felt the rejection for the first time, from someone she was trying to decide how she felt about. She cringed at the sound of her full name, but followed the Gryffindor out the room to find their friend.

Keeping her head low while trying to remain confident was a difficult feat, but focusing on trying to locate Leila, Geo did her best not to look directly at the Beater across the room. "Wasn't she just out here?" she asked, wandering through more students who'd arrived since the pair had dashed away for a moment. She gave a small smile to Aaron on the way past too, as although she didn't speak to him as much as she did James, he had been welcoming to her a few years ago during her stay with the Waldens. Realising their was another section to the lodge, the pink haired girl moved across the living area and out into the cold air. She really wasn't dressed appropriately for this kind of weather, and would have preferred to have stayed indoors, but she wasn't going to let a little chill stop her from hunting down her friend. Since Jess had spent most of her third year in the common room, Leila had unsurprisingly been there to support her, resulting in the pair missing out on time together too, and Geo hoped that she would be as willing to rekindle a friendship as the former had been. "James?" she called out as she spotted the man a little way, crouched down and talking to someone. "Leila!" Geo wasn't entirely sure what was going on here, nor why she seemed so upset, and glancing back to Jess she wondered if the youngest Cade could fill her in.

Leila hadn't even registered that it was freezing outside, she didn't know where she going and she didn't care. The only thing that she was thinking of in that moment was the look on Jess and Geo's faces when they saw each other again. Her sobs covered up the arrival of James who wrapped his arms around her small frame and cradled her as she cried. She sank into his body and the two didn't speak for a while. She couldn't bring herself to look at Jess' older brother, or to explain to him what she was feeling; she didn't even know what she was feeling herself so there was no way she could tell another person what was going on. She shook her head at James' question "I... I... dont... know" she gulped as she looked into her hands.

Before she had time to say anything else or to pull herself together she heard voices not too far away. Voices that she recognised and she felt instantly sick. The only thing that could make this worse would for her to see Jess and Geo and for them to see her in this state. It was too late for Leila to run away again but she really didn't want to face her friends either. There was no explanation for her actions, well not one that Leila was going to admit to in front of everyone who had joined her. She wiped her nose with the side of her hand, stood up and looked at the two new arrivals, together, again. "Hi" she replied, stiffly.

As Merrill, and Solomon approached the lodge it was apparent that the party was already in full swing. She had worked her last shift at the apothecary earlier that day, and so they were a bit late. If she was honest with herself she was a bit nervous as well. She didn't have very many friends, but she wanted to change that. Of course she had dragged Solomon along with her. At least if things went sour they could retreat to a corner, and people watch for the night. As the entered Merrill approached Lizzie so that she could say hi to the host. It seemed rude not to. "Hey, Lizzie! Thanks for the invite. This place is amazing!" Merrill told her roommate with a bright, and confident smile. It was extremely cool that Lizzie's family owned an entire ski lodge. Merrill had never even gone skiing before.

If anything was worth sneaking away for, it was a party! Sporting her newest dress, which she had totally-not-obviously made out of a tablecloth, some sparkly curtains, and a chiffon scarf, she squeezed her way into the house, giving somebody's shin a kick when they failed to make way. It wasn't easy being so little. Even once inside, all she could really see was a lot of legs, some of which threatened to trample right over her. She scowled, pushing onward until she came to a clearing in the lobby. From here she could see the host of the party herself. The part-goblin beamed, and was on her way to say hello when suddenly Lizzie was kissing somebody on the cheek. Cool! No problem! If all Elt needed to do to get a kiss was hug Lizzie, that was absolutely A-OK with her. Sprinting the final distance across the lobby, Elt threw her arms around Lizzie's legs and embraced them in a death-grip.

Aaron was feeling a little more confident after a pep talk from Lucas but he knew all that confidence would go out of the window the second he saw Anabelle. He was pleased that Evelyn and Lucas seemed to be getting better now though, his plan had worked by forcing them to speak to each other. He knew this because Lucas began calling Evelyn by his nickname for her - Evey. Aaron grinned at his two best friends as they chatted to each other and hoped that the next time they were back at school the three of them could hang out again, like the old times. He nodded in agreement with Evelyn's sentiments about the part being a good distraction "you're definitely right there" he grinned "there's a lot people, and things, here to take your mind off it" he winked at her before looking at Lucas. "I'm good thanks! It's definitely going to be quieter around the Gryffindor common room now" he joked "Yeah, I heard that. Congratulations Ev! You'll do brilliantly there" he grinned at his friend, knowing full well that she would make the Heta Omega role her own. "Oh don't go Amber! Stay with us!" he encouraged the Hufflepuff, Aaron hadn't spoken to Amber much but he knew that she was Evelyn's best friend.

During their catch up session Aaron noticed that Leila had ran out of the crowded room looking quite upset. He was just about to run after her when Anabelle walked into the room and joined the group. He had lost compete control of his legs and he knew that he definitely couldn't walk even if he wanted to. "H-hi Anabelle" he managed to squeeze out "you look really nice" he smiled at her. He felt those familiar butterflies in his stomach that he always felt when he thought of the blonde Slytherin.

Jess followed Geo out of the bathroom and around the house until they noticed the door leading outside. It was cold and Jess didn't have her jacket with her but as soon as she saw Leila cradled in James's arms she no longer cared. Something had upset Leila since she left her to talk to Geo or maybe it was the fact she had left her to see Geo. "James," Jess called her brothers name to get her attention. "I got this," She added before turning to Geo. "Geo can you give us a minute? Maybe go inside and talk to Austin," Her voice was calm but Jess gave Geo a pleading look. She needed to be there for Leila but she didn't want to push Geo away. She hoped Geo would understand.

James switched places with Jess and she held her fellow Gryffindor close to her. "Leila talk to me, whats wrong?" She asked stroking her fingers through Leila's hair. "Is it...me, did I do something?"

It was strange, feeling both as though you had a friend while also thinking that you weren't quite as close as you thought you were. As she looked at Leila, the realisation that she'd lost another friend hit her, and it was only confirmed when Jess asked her for their privacy that they'd developed to a point that she was no longer included. "Was it something I said?" she asked, glancing between the pair. She knew better than to hang around though, and that both girls were more than capable of handling themselves, the Hufflepuff only wanting them to know she was there if she was needed. "I'm sorry. I'll be inside okay?" she asked, arms across her chest to keep herself warm in her dress. With a small glance to James, she turned and headed back the way she came. Once she'd entered the room again however it wasn't the same as before. Now she felt a little lost, and seeing everyone else around her enjoying themselves only added to the sense that she wanted to fit in. Taking a small sigh and not wanting to dwell on it for much longer than she had to, she moved back through the crowd to the drinks table, finally pouring herself a soda as she tried to regain her confidence enough to return to the people in the room. Her blue eyes darted carefully around the room, subtley trying to figure out if there was anyone she could tag along to. She'd hoped Flavio would have turned up by now too, but unable to see him in the crowd either, the Hufflepuff found an empty chair to herself, trying to just appreciate the fact she was even here in the first place.

Leila took a deep breath to try and steady herself and to stop the flow of tears but it wasn't working but at least this time they were silent. She was embarrassed enough that the people she considered as good as family had seen her in this state. She was grateful that Jess had told Geo and James to give them some space, if she could speak to any one at this point it would be Jess and what she had to say didn't have to be said in front of an audience. Leila didn't mean to push Geo away but times had changed a little since their first year and she didn't feel as close to her as she used to, she still loved her but she needed Jess.

She waited until everyone else had left before she started speaking. The presence of Jess seemed to have calmed her down immensely and her sniffles had almost subsided when she was finally ready to talk. She turned to look at Jess and bit her lip "I don't know, it's not just you. It's seeing you and Geo together again. It just made me think of the last time you were close and I just couldn't take it" she explained "I have no right to be jealous, if that's what this is, I should be pleased that you and Geo have made up with each other. I don't want you to be in that place where you shut yourself off from people. You need all your friends around you, not just me" she sighed. "I just love you Jess and I guess I want you all to myself and that's not right" she tried to laugh "ugh i'm acting like a jealous boyfriend or something" she finished, wiping her eyes, not daring to look at her best friend.

Corrine recognized the girl but only vaguely so. She was happy about the compliment thoigh and beamed, her hand, which had been moving to pull her dress down again in spite of Xena's reassurances, stilling. "Yours is nice too" she replied. It was a genuine compliment. The dress was one she would've been a lot more comfortable in. The Gryffindor was about to answer the boy who had joined them when Xena beat her to it. She didn't know Xena especially well yet, but the signs were there. She knew Xena found the boy attractive, and what was more, he seemed able to tell.

Corrine looked to Odette, expecting to share a pointed look and figuring they could get lost together while whatever this was happened, but Odette was quick to make her departure. Corrine's eyebrows flew up on her face. "Corrine" she finally got around to introducing herself. "What was that about?" she mumbled, mostly to Xena before removing her arm from her friend's and giving her a nudge. "Well, I need a refill so be right back" she grinned, stepping away quickly before Xena could say no. She finished off her drink as she walked, not really paying attention to where she was heading.

Tagging: Xena, Odette, and Hayden

"HARLEY!" Hayley yelled as soon as she saw her, letting go of Lizzie to fully join the hug. The first thing she noticed was that Harley had dyed her hair again . . . blonde, like Odette. Hayley felt a small surge of revulsion, but she wouldn't allow that to get in the way of her joy at seeing Harley. Even if it did feel a bit too much like rubbing it in. "I've been good! It's nice to be home for a while, though of course I've missed you guys." She didn't get any further before Rose popped up beside them. "Rose! Yay!" She gave Rose a quick hug too. "I'd love a snack, thank you," she added mischievously, grabbing the cupcake from her hand before Harley could take it. Hayley reached behind her and gently tugged Lizzie's arm until she extracted herself from the crowd that had formed around her. She was glad Rose was here, it would make introducing her girlfriend to her crush a little less mind-numbingly awkward. "Lizzie, I want you to meet my best friends, Harley and Rose. Guys, this is the host of this excellent party, and . . . my girlfriend." Despite the circumstances, it still felt thrilling to say that word.

Xena felt a small blush creep on her cheeks when the boy mentioned taking her for a dance. She couldn't help but grin when he took her hand to kiss, rather than to shake. This was more like it. This was the type of attention she deserved. Xena barely even registered that Odette had talked, never mind the fact that she walked away as well, her focus solely on the boy in front of her. Hayden. Corrine muttered in to her ear, which made her glance away for a second, noting that Odette was gone, and her beautiful friend knew exactly what to do as she excused herself. Xena was going to have to thank her later; what a great friend. She bit her lip slightly before looking back at Hayden. "So, Hayden. You're in the Quidditch team right? A - keeper?" She asked, a small smirk on her face. "What's a guy like you doing alone here?"

It was almost as if he planned it when the people around them started to disappear. Odette clearly wasn't having any of what she was seeing and quickly left the scene, bumping into someone as she went. Graceful as always he thought to himself. Soon after Xena's friend excused herself and the girl seemed quite happy to be left alone with him which Hayden took as a good sign. "That's right, how sweet that you've already noticed me," He smirked at her. She wasn't the only one of course, Xena's was not a face that went unnoticed. "What can I say I hadn't found someone to come with who met my high standards, until now," Hayden looked around the party and saw that while no one was dancing the music had changed. He wasn't sure if it was anymore to Xena's liking but he's still take the chance. "Good music or bad, lets dance anyway," He said taking her hand.

Amber wasn't surprised Evelyn didn't take her up on her offer to get out of here, and neither was she surprised to be completely ignored by Lucas. She was not on his radar, and she didn't really want to be on it anyway. But soon she lost track of the conversation between Evelyn and Lucas when she spotted Ainsley approaching. "Ainsley!" She said excitedly, waving at her. "Oomph," she breathed as she was hugged tightly by the taller girl. Then she laughed and gave her a quick kiss. "I missed you too." She said, pulling away from the hug to look her girlfriend over. "You look nice!" She looked over at Evelyn, wondering if the blonde was still interested in meeting Ainsley or if she was too distracted by Lucas.

Rose was a little startled as someone pushed their way through the crowd to latch onto Lizzie's legs. She put her hand over her mouth to stop herself from giggling, but didn't entirely succeed. Hayley took a cupcake from her, which made Rose smile. She wasn't going to be able to eat all of the snacks she brought herself. "Oh, I know Lizzie-" Rose started as Hayley introduced her to the older Gryffindor, but she stopped as she heard her next words. "Wait. What?" She looked between Hayley and Lizzie, her mouth falling open. Then she squealed and jumped up and down. A few chips in a bowl she had been holding fell onto the floor and found their demise under her boots as she did so. "Wow that's so cool! I didn't even know you two knew each other!" She said. "Congratulations!" After being teased for Charlie, a part of Rose wanted to return the favor and tease Hayley, but she was too happy for her friend to do so. Maybe later she would, but really... she was starting to think there was nothing weird about dating. It was just fun, and nice. Why would that be grounds for making fun of someone anyway?

Jess leaned her head against Leila's as she told her about how it felt seeing her and Geo together. She couldn't believe what she was hearing from her best friend but she understood where she was coming from. A part of her wanted to laugh when Leila compared herself to a jealous boyfriend, the comparison gave Jess a strange feeling. "You're all I need," Jess whispered. It was true Jess adored Geo and her other friends but Leila was the only person she ever truly needed and it was important she knew that. "I feel the same, about you and Ulrich, seeing you two together, seeing you that happy with someone else, it hurts me and it shouldn't because I was with Geo and being jealous of you doing the same thing just makes me a hypocrite but I can't help how I feel," Jess sighed.

A few moments of silence passed between the two before Jess looked down at Leila almost not sure what to say. "Leila I love you too," She said quietly. In that moment nothing else existed, just Jess and Leila. Her feelings for Leila had always run deeper than any friend she'd ever had or anyone she'd ever known but she'd never considered that there could be something more, even more it could even be mutual. Jess leaned down, closed her eyes and planted her lips on Leila's.

Rather than going back to Puerto Rico with Marisol, Asaiah had decided to stay in New Zealand to prepare for the long journey ahead of him. Tonight, however, he didn't feel like doing anything related to that. He then remembered that a party was going to be thrown by one of the Gryffindor Beaters and decided to drop by. Glad that the former Slytherin had passed his apparition exam, he apparated outside of the place the party was being held and entered the building after looking around outside to see if he would spot someone familiar. Asaiah recognised quite a few people once he was inside and greeted them happily whilst making his way over to the table with all the snacks. He didn't know if it was a side effect of apparating so much now that he was able to do it, but he was starving. He thought that he saw Odette in the crowd of people but wasn't sure if it was really here. He'd look for her as soon as he was done stuffing his mouth full of food. Asaiah grabbed a handful of chips and looked around the room to see who else was here. Turning his head to the group of girls next to the table when one of them squealed and started jumping up and down, the boy grinned and leaned against the table and began munching on some chips himself. He hadn't spotted anyone from his year yet but hopefully that would change.

Austin thought he was going crazy at first. He continually saw a streak of pink hair out the corner of his eye and could have sworn he'd turn around to see Geo but she was never in sight. Instead he got himself a drink and began to mingle among the party guests but it became clear that there wasn't anyone he really knew at the party which didn't bother him too much. Austin was about to head back to his sister when he saw another streak of pink only that time Geo was there, standing alone. It wasn't like Geo to be alone as she was the most popular person he knew.

Having thought about her most of the holidays he couldn't believe she was standing in front of him. Austin took a deep breath, he had been waiting for a moment to talk to her, to have a conversation with her that didn't end in him running away. "Hey Geo," Austin said calmly as he made his way over to her. "Everything okay? You look troubled,"

Taking a sip of her drink, the Hufflepuff was doing her best not to focus too heavily on what the girls outside might have been saying. They could have spent the last year talking about her behind her back for all she knew, although her recent talk with Jess had suggested that was unlikely. She never wanted to get between her friends, but it was hard to just leave them to it even if it was what they asked for. Not wanting to intrude on anyone else's fun, her own emotions feeling a little deflated from recent events, she almost jumped when she heard another voice beside her. She had been looking down towards her glass, her hair more or less falling in front of her face allowing her to close her eyes briefly without him noticing, the Gryffindors words replaying over in her head. She knew it was silly to be so caught up about speaking to Austin, anyone that knew her knew she was the last person to turn shy, but words were not her forte that evening. "Hi," she said quietly, not yet looking up properly to meet his eyes. "I'm alright," she said. It wasn't exactly a lie, she knew she would manage. During their last conversation they'd opened up considerably about those around them and Geo noticed that Autumn wasn't beside her brother like usual. The fourth year turned to face him with a small smile, it was the least she could do if she wasn't going to open up again. She still wasn't convinced that if she allowed herself to give in to whatever this was supposed to be, that she wouldn't be destined for more pain down the road. It was easier to keep some things at a distance, as sometimes things only got you hurt. With her thoughts being crushed between Jess, Leila and Austin, she knew she was going to have to snap out of it if she wanted to enjoy this party and actually let her hair down.

"Are you rejoining the Quidditch team next year?" she asked. It was a common ground. It was safe. So long as she could keep the conversation following towards school perhaps she'd be able to make it to the end of the night without making a fool of herself, and besides, she was looking forward to being able to fly again, and had confidence that Gryffindor didn't stand a chance now that James had left the team.

Geo's words said she was fine but her demeanor, body language and facial expressions said something else entirely. Austin didn't want to push, the last time they spoke they had opened up to each other so he knew that if and when Geo was ready to do so again she would, for now maybe she just wanted to keep it light and not dwell too much on what was bothering her. When she changed the topic to Quidditch he smiled and took a seat next to her. "Of course I am, James Cade graduated so the cup is an even playing field this season, I hope you'll be back too, its fun playing together," Austin nudged Geo gently hoping the change of subject would bring her out of her funk.

Austin didn't know what it was that had Geo acting unlike herself but he knew there was something he wanted to bring up with her, even if she shot him down he had to at least put it out there or the curiosity would eat him alive. "Geo can we talk about New years eve?" During their therapy session in the common the topic of their kiss hadn't been brought up and that bothered Austin a little. He couldn't help but think Geo had been avoiding the topic out of regret.

It came as no surprise when Austin took a seat beside her, although she couldn't deny that it caused her to tense up with him suddenly so close to her. It was strange and not like anything she'd experienced before, and she had considered whether something had happened to her to feel so differently. She smiled a little at the mention of James, and while she was going to miss having the imbecile around she loved that it felt for the first time as though she had an older brother looking out for her. Even when she wasn't able to talk to Jess she'd managed to bump into him a few times, and it had been from him that she'd found out about their dad. "Yeah," she concluded, blue eyes flicking up to meet his for half a second, and instantly feeling as though it was too much. Sat in the middle of the room, with a party ongoing around them, and yet the only thing she felt like looking at was him and it was incredibly overwhelming. Her face would be scarlet if she was purposely focusing on keeping it a steady shade with her abilities.

What did come as a shock however, and caused her whole body to freeze was the next words out of his mouth. New Years. They'd managed to avoid that topic for six months, and when they had last gotten a chance to speak properly it wasn't something that had been brought up. The Hufflepuff couldn't decide whether it was a good thing that he was asking. Perhaps it was a sign that she was wrong in her thinking that he abandoned her evening at cliffs, and that this was his way of making up for it. Then again perhaps he wanted to clear his name, make sure they were on the same page and, and for that Geo wasn't sure she was ready to hear. Maybe he'd heard that she's kissed a few people spontaneously over the years, nothing that she ever thought too much about, and wanted to rule himself out. "Right, now?" she asked, staring back down into her glass. At least at the party it would mean that her reaction would at least have to be civil, there was no way it was going to be good news. Trying to think of a way to delay that particular conversation, to let herself stay in the ignorant bliss that both confused her and left her hopeful, she nodded her head towards Autumn. "Don't you think your sister would want to spend time with you outside of school?" she asked him, suddenly realising that it may have come across as a sign she didn't want to speak to him at all, and that she had just made their time at Hogwarts more awkward. Gosh this was confusing.

Evelyn was the first one to greet her, and Anabelle smiled back at her. Though they didn't hang out, the girl had always been nice to her. Her thoughts were quickly taken away from Evelyn, and in fact, everyone else in the room when Aaron greeted her, and complimented her. "You do too." Anabelle replied with a smile. The blonde felt slightly awkward in the big group, especially with people she didn't really know, and though she had been confident with Aaron before, she felt incredibly shy with his group of friends. If it were just the two of them, she wouldn't have a problem catching up with him, maybe joining the few people dancing, but instead, she stood next to Aaron, awkwardly shifting her hands on top of each other. "Enjoying the party?" Anabelle tried, offering the question up to anyone who would respond.

Austin's typical introverted behaviour was safe, it kept him at arms length of everyone and that kept him from getting hurt. There was something about Geo that made him want to shed that, suddenly he wanted to put himself put there and see what possibilities presented themself. Geo didn't seem too thrilled about talking about what happened on New years and Austin dreaded to think why. It would be easier to ignore what happened and talk about safe topics, Quidditch, their shared house, school in general, but Austin felt something for Geo that was unlike anything he'd felt before and he wanted to explore that. If Geo felt differently, which he suspected she did, he would he able to start moving on but first he needed to know.

"It was my first kiss," Austin heard the words coming out his mouth, what was he doing? He looked over at Geo to try and guage some kind of reaction at what must have seemed like a pretty lame confession. "I admit the timing and the location could je better," Austin added with a quiet laugh. "I don't know about you but I haven't stopped thinking about you since, I think you're the most amazing person I've ever met," Even with his new found confidence Austin couldn't meet Geo's gaze as the words tumbled out. Apparently the fear of rejection had been replaced by an inability to stop talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back