Hogwarts: A Photo Challenge....

Ok this is a lil bit cheeky but its close enough that I've decided it counts :p

So when I was 3 I learned what DNA was and I went through a lil phase of drawing it on EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME cause it looked cool and I felt smart. And when u think about it.... DNA is just a self-portrait on the molecular level.............

O6wbgeR.jpg

I promise I will not make all my pictures pregnancy related! That being said, this is me and the baby drawn by my five year old step son. He's had a go spelling my name - 'Verooty'

Screenshot-20210521-170927.png

This is me trying to figure something out in the few minutes I have before work lol

To elaborate: I've been an archer for most part of my life (10 years) but had to quit when I went to university. In 2019 the Netherlands hosted the world championships at which I got to volunteer (and do some pretty cool stuff like accompany archers and make sure they were at the right place at the right time during the finals because I had some connections higher up the food chain :r ).
Anyways, the sport has been a huge part of my life and this was an awesome opportunity so as far as wide interpretation goes here we are.
D6PGjky.png

This round closes TommorW at 11:59pm. Do we want Mia to stay in the lead? :r :shifty:
Of course we do :r . I mean I have no complaints about that.

I can't draw to save my life, so I hope this counts!!

I have an *obsessive* personality and I don't know how to like things casually, it's been a thing my entire life. When I like things, I like them wholeheartedly and unashamedly and loudly that everyone knows what my favorite things are at a glance. So to me a self portrait is a reflection of all the things that I love and things that make up who I am. I even managed to add a real picture of my nieces in this mess ^_^

d26dc177538b86b97701fbde06b84064c71b5402.png

Round 2 is closed! You had some extra time because Lovi accidentally went to sleep. :)

For round 3, I want you to draw someone your character likes! Any type of 'like' works, and drawing mediums can be digital, by hand, Microsoft art, etc. But, it must be done by YOU! This round closes end of the day on May 25th.

Last edited:
i haven't drawn in ~6 years and I spent Ages on a more realistic styled drawing that I HATED and then did this in 2 minutes and liked it much better so here ya go (tis of course @Amber Chou Wilson )

WmJKYy1.png

now back to never drawing again

EDIT: WAIT I FOUND AN OLD DRAWING I ACTUALLY LIKE

zj0Ljsl.png

Last edited:
I mean why work on a thesis when you can channel your inner child
I would hereby like to apologize for whatever happened with what was supposed to be @Solomon Tofilau =))

8CxjZe6.jpg

okay, I am not an artist. i actually had to stop at the newsagent on my way home from work to get some pencils and paper. I don't mean to offend anyone. it is purely my skills (or lack thereof) not any ill intent.
8lnZbLd.jpg

and yes nell is still on there. the challenge was people the character likes not necessarily who likes the character.
and I was going to add on Elliott and Lars. but decided that they wouldn't fit and look nice.

Definitely did not trace this at all :r And somehow it still came out wonky xD

WELL Clementine's boyfriend (omg finally :wub: ) does go by Teddy soooo :r
d0c6ccb08be148a8aeae485d70bc3942b487a1a1.jpg

I mean why work on a thesis when you can channel your inner child
I would hereby like to apologize for whatever happened with what was supposed to be @Solomon Tofilau =))

8CxjZe6.jpg
I do not deserve the labor of your procrastination! :wub:

xc7a167.png

Here's a slightly wonky drawing of Doroteya's soon-to-be bestie, Andi :wub:
wOnkY?! Nothing is wonky about Andi and her beautiful (!) eyes.

Note to All:
++My deadline announcements have been posted late a few times, but I'm going to nail down on it. What's a competition without rules, yeah? :devious: ++

RoUNd FoUR

Coincidentally (I swear), Claire mentioned this round's theme...#NailedIt! If you have not seen the hit Netflix show Nailed It, here you go.

Now this round is slightly up to chance, maybe you left for the grocery store at 2pm and then it's suddenly 10pm and you've went to several cafes, bought a MacBook Air with all its accessories and no groceries.:r Anything you do in these two days that didn't end up going to plan works :)

For example, One Two #NailedIt! If you have questions, post them.

Round Four closes May 28th at 11:59PM PST

-Please DO NOT purposely try to cook something terribly or perform potentially dangerous slapstick comedy.-

Last edited:
OhQO2WG.jpg

so this is the cup of tea I made after a meeting at 2:30 as I was planning on taking a ten-minute tea break as I didn't get a break for lunch. this is the cup at 4:45 when I was leaving work (I am meant to finish at 4) so nailed the tea break and the leaving work on time.

This challenge comes at a good time because apparently my brain isn't working x_x
Welcome to my very boring fail: I was trying to create a basic planning for an upcoming exam but messed up the dates and then started over only to mess up again by somehow skipping two dates/numbers between 4 & 7

VquOXuZ.jpg

I said this in shouty, but if anyone didn't see I'm performing as a gorilla at someone's birthday party tonight. The client dropped the costume off last night and I've just tried it on so I can work on my act, and um

kn71Slo.jpg

THEY CHOSE THIS COSTUME NOT ME but boy is it uh. alarming looking

gonna have to work extra hard on my act to distract from those teeth

Omg Rowan =))

OK so I had a pretty boring couple of days but here was me trying to say HI to Donna in caps and nailin' it

d12ac1f54846f54c37b01eaa9f6ed9d2.png

This challenge comes at a good time because apparently my brain isn't working x_x
Welcome to my very boring fail: I was trying to create a basic planning for an upcoming exam but messed up the dates and then started over only to mess up again by somehow skipping two dates/numbers between 4 & 7

VquOXuZ.jpg
I’m doing my accounting homework right now, so I’m already confused, but what class is this for? I know the dates are “backwards” (because the US like to be different) but do the letters stand for the days of the week?

And your handwriting is SO PRETTY! Are you left or right-handed? How do you place your paper when you write? so many questions from me haha

The only reason I ask is because people say its strange I write with my paper turned to the side

Last edited:
I’m doing my accounting homework right now, so I’m already confused, but what class is this for? I know the dates are “backwards” (because the US like to be different) but do the letters stand for the days of the week?

And your handwriting is SO PRETTY! Are you left or right-handed? How do you place your paper when you write? so many questions from me haha

The only reason I ask is because people say its strange I write with my paper turned to the side
The class is called Psychological Processes in Business Communication but yes, it's just the abbreviations for the days of the week + the dates that go with them so there's nothing much on there that actually has to do with the class.

Monday = maandag (ma), tuesday = dinsdag (di), wednesday = woensdag (wo), thursday = donderdag (do), friday = vrijdag (vr), saturday = zaterdag (za) & sunday = zondag (zo)!

THANK YOU! Also I'm right handed and my papers are definitely turned a little sideways like that most of the time as well. :p

@Isabella Chaos :lol: this is wild. If McDonalds isn’t even paying their employees fair wages, they have no excuse to not have the purple packaging. :r

*¡support fair wages!*

~Round Four is CLOSED~
I can only dream of being on time

Round 5 is a bird the magical menagerie would/should have.
Claire: 4
Abby: 4
Marijke: 4
Mia: 4
Kiersten: 1
Verity: 2
Rowan: 4

Lastly, please put
Code:
[hide]***[/hide]
around your submissions if you'd like. This will make any part of your post hidden so only registered users can view them. However, you don’t have to! This is keeps your creations, and whatever else you’d like, limited to members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back