Hogwarts: A Photo Challenge 🖼️

ROUND EIGHT, BEGONE!
Lads, these are gas! i'm having a great time. (Also, am v jealous of Mia's tea collection.)

that is only a sample of it. maybe when the semester is over i will sort out my pantry and get a picture of all of it. last time i did that i think i had 22 boxes of tea. for a couple i did have two the same. but some were multi packs with a few different teas in there.

:pop:
V1zZcho.png

I literally almost bought an invisibility cloak from a pop culture store last week ffhfgdfsd

Okay, round nine gave me a bit of a giggle, we're getting close guys so hang in there!

Round ten:

What's YOUR horcrux??

Challenge10.jpg

This is Buckets, my favourite of my childhood stuffed animals. Buckets was once the mascot for an airline company. They made hundreds if not thousands of him. He hides amongst all my childhood stuffed animals and looks as though he would be of little consequence. Hiding in plain sight from my enemies.

Let's all show a little piece of our soul. (Though this doesn't have to be a personal objects or contain personal information at all, I just like the pun.)

• Teigs/Zennon Baros! 3
  • Brian/Luxen Silverback II 1
  • Katie/Aisling Sullivan 5
  • Verity/Terrell Foley 9
  • Jamie/ Evelyn Manning 3
  • Tamara/Rosemarie Chatwin 9
  • Pheeb/Geovanna Volt 2
  • Jesse/Lysander Summers 9
  • Sam/ Marlow Sanderson
  • Aida / Evangelia Seong
  • Daphne / Amber Chou Wilson 9
  • Rowan / Ainsley Lynch
  • Marijke/Chloë Thompson 9
  • Mia/Willow Cullen 7

Mine is a snitch locket. It's not a precious item but I've had it a long time, it was given to me by my sister years ago and I've kept it. It's so old that I had to wash my hands after touching it for the photo. My hands smelt of rusty metal, you know that smell low quality jewelry gives off when its old? Yeah that.

It's my horcrux because I love Harry Potter, it's small, easy to conceal something inside, and no one would want to steal it or wear it around their neck because of the rusty metal smell.

IMG-20200521-091850-2.jpg

Who could possibly want to destroy this historical piece
EaStsBf.jpg

x32JL0p.png

Meet Bacon, He loves chilling on everything and sleeping with me every night.

When I was three years old my mom and dad took me to this local Queensday market. There was this woman that gave out plushies to kids. I picked Bacon.. and thus the relationship began. I don't know how old bacon is and where he originated. I wished I found a duplicate, but I haven't found one anywhere. I went on google and every site I could find, but no Bacons to be found. Bacon is at least 23 years old, but since he has no tag we will never know exactly.

Bacon sleep with me every night, even on vacations and when I sleep at my boyfriend. Hes my soul <3

X5P4s2t.jpg

Proof :p

UBJ2K3x.jpg

this necklace is one danish Krone which has a value of AU$0.2 ( Eu0.13, US$0.15, 0.12GBP) it was given to me five years ago by a friend the first time I met my danish friends. Since then I have made more danish friends and spend almost five years learning as much as I can about Denmark, to the extent that I am doing the HP group read in danish. so for something so small and technically worthless. it symbolises a rather large part of my life. and who would suspect a simple old coin?

Thank you round ten!
We’re close to the end guys, constant vigilance!
Round Eleven:

Saddest HP death:

Challenge11.jpg

I was going to do something outside with an arch in my garden for this one, but the stormy weather has kept us all indoors, so I’ll leave you with my never ending sorrow at my favourite character being taken away only three books into knowing him.

• Teigs/Zennon Baros! 3
  • Verity/Terrell Foley 10
  • Tamara/Rosemarie Chatwin 10
  • Pheeb/Geovanna Volt 2
  • Jesse/Lysander Summers 10
  • Sam/ Marlow Sanderson
  • Aida / Evangelia Seong
  • Daphne / Amber Chou Wilson 10
  • Rowan / Ainsley Lynch
  • Marijke/Chloë Thompson 10
  • Mia/Willow Cullen 8

I'm recycling an earlier drawing for this round.
The saddest part of Fred's death was reading on Pottermore that George couldn't cast a patronus again because Fred had been his happiness! :cry:

IMG-20200522-195818.jpg

I tried a little photoshop (emphasis on tried)

In all honesty saddest death for me would definitely be a tie between Fred/Remus and I don't even like GoF (don't come for me), but Amos just really gets to me and has me going from being absolutely fine to completely choked up within a second so that deserves something

diggory.png

Eq5TYYi.png

This is the saddest death for me :(

I am always bias for pointy ears.

I did not have a lot to work with for this one BUT I thought Remus and Tonks were one of the saddest deaths :c
(I laughed when Dobby died I'm not even sorry)

3BGYOGg.png

Gosh I love prompting people to mention things that STILL hurt even though it's literally been years. Thank you for the memories, guys!

Finally, we have Round Twelve:

What Makes Hogwarts Home

Challenge12.jpg

I've only started writing poetry again recently, having taken an eight-year hiatus and I'm trying to divorce myself from rhyme. This one focused more on HNZ than Hogwarts, but I love this community and the people in it. Everyone works so hard to keep this place going, and I think it's beautiful.

That being said, your contributions don't have to focus on HNZ, if you'd prefer to reference the original Hogwarts, I'm looking forward to seeing what's special for you guys!

• Teigs/Zennon Baros! 3
  • Verity/Terrell Foley 11
  • Tamara/Rosemarie Chatwin 11
  • Pheeb/Geovanna Volt 2
  • Jesse/Lysander Summers 11
  • Sam/ Marlow Sanderson
  • Aida / Evangelia Seong
  • Rowan / Ainsley Lynch
  • Marijke/Chloë Thompson 11
  • Mia/Willow Cullen 8

What makes Hogwarts home...
After seven books, three additional books, 8 movies, plus the Fantastic Beasts additional stuff that I don't follow, it's so familiar and welcoming every time, just like home. I've read every book countless times, I just have to pick up any book at any page, start reading and I know where I am, I know what's happened and what's going to happen, but I'm still invested in the story like I've never read it before.
IMG-20200524-184721.jpg

pacHquA.jpg

What makes Hogwarts a home...
The fact that you waited for your own acceptance letter, which i am still waiting for. Hopefully mine gone got lost at the office.
To be so sucked into the story that you can smell the feast at the great hall of the fireplace at the gryffindor common room.
To have met so many people through a shared interest of Harry Potter.

And on Hnz, to be filled with stress and excitement when the sorting hat comes on. To see the house that your character belongs in and the. You finally feel accepted in your house. maybe not in Slytherin Professor Styx seems rather doom and gloom. ;)

I couldn't find the rest of the adult collection books so I sneaked in two others.

pwiE5mp.png

I think that, what makes Hogwarts home is that it's one of the few places in the world that wizards are allowed to really be themselves, without having to worry about hiding who they are.

This might be the easiest thing I've done but why complicate it

The people, the community. I feel like both for the characters in the books and on this forum as for us or any other fan the people and the community are such a big part of what makes it feel like home. (that's it I'm not gonna get all sappy thanks)

people.jpg

I am going to answer this with words because I forgot to take a photo and can’t be bothered to turn on my computer to upload anyway. I don’t expect points
Insert picture of a blanket with a Harry Potter book inside it.
hogwarts is home because it feels safe and warm like w warm blanket on a cold stormy night. It is a little safe haven where the rest of the world doesn’t matter. It is a familiar comfort that has been around forever. Kind of like comfort food for your mind.

Hi guys! These were very lovely to read, it makes me very happy that a community can grow together over so many years.

Here we are, almost at the end of the road, but we've got a four-way tie situation, and so this final tie-breaking challenge is going to be a little bit harder.

This challenge is going to be multi-part, and will have a shorter time frame. The tiebreaker challenge will close in 24 hours time.

The challenge is this:

Represent all four houses

Another popular series said we should try to be more than our defining feature, (lemme know if you get what I'm referencing.) Similarly, it could be said we should all try to embody the better parts of every house. For my example, I went with a simple colour-coding representation for this one.

Tiebreaker.jpg

Flowers courtesy of my mother's lovely garden.
Edit: I SWEAR these flowers are blue and it's only since uploading the picture I see that they look a bit purple in the photo, but they are 100% blue in person, apologies to my whole house.

Remember, you only have twenty-four hours this time.

• Teigs/Zennon Baros! 3
  • Verity/Terrell Foley 12
  • Tamara/Rosemarie Chatwin 12
  • Pheeb/Geovanna Volt 2
  • Jesse/Lysander Summers 12
  • Sam/ Marlow Sanderson
  • Aida / Evangelia Seong
  • Rowan / Ainsley Lynch
  • Marijke/Chloë Thompson 12
  • Mia/Willow Cullen 8

lljnK9K.png

I have a lot of HP clothes but these were the easiest to go with. I don't actually have anything specifically Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw related outside of the Hogwarts logo, but I threw in a nice yellow jumper and some blue jeans to represent them :r

I... did not realise that there couldn't be four winners! I got the crayons back out for this challenge.

IMG-20200526-190628.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back