Biography for Terrell Andrew Foley
5.png

Full Name: Terrell Andrew Foley
Pronunciation: tuh-RELL Ahh-N-drew Fow-Lee
Nickname: He doesn’t have one yet!
Name Meaning
Terrell
-
“Thunder ruler." Terrell was named after his grandfather who he recently discovered had been a wizard! That's pretty cool!
Andrew - "brave", "strong", "courageous"
Foley - Foley is a surname which originated in Ireland, in the southeast Munster region.
The name is derived from the original Irish meaning "plunderer".

Born on the 21st April 2040

Star Sign: Taurus
Taurus is an earth sign represented by the bull. Famous for their stubbornness, but there's more to them then that, they're a bit of dark horse. Ruled by the planet Venus, they share her traits of beauty, artistry and hedonism

Nationality is New Zealand
He speaks English with a Kiwi accent.
Born and raised on a farm near Napier, New Zealand

Half blood
But he might as well be a muggleborn!
His magic mother passed when he was a baby, he grew up in the muggle world,
not knowing about magic until he was eleven years old

Sorted into Gryffindor!
We all know Gryffindor for courage, chivalry, and determination.
The Sorting Hat put Terrell into Gryffindor for his bravery.

Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom

Fun Facts
Right Handed | Average height | Sporty build
Messy style | High energy | Forgetful

His biggest phobia is water
Terrell has an immobilising fear of water because of near drowning incident when he was six years old.
He did attempt (and failed) to face his fears in this thread
(worth a read if you want to get to know Terrell)

Personality
Brave / Reckless
Terrell loves doing dangerous activities, he doesn't cower away from anything - unless it's a lake!
However, it's a combination of brave and reckless because he doesn't always understand the risks before he does the brave thing.

Simple
Or not the sharpest crayon in the box. Terrell is not academic and takes longer than most to understand stuff.

Determined
Or Stubborn. It is difficult to deter him when he puts his mind to something!

Sporty
Because of his upbringing he's naturally in good shape and active. He enjoys football, rugby, running and most recently, Quidditch too. He loves to be outdoors.

Friendly
He wants to be your friend, and your friend, and Your Friend!
Heck, he wants to be everyone's friend! Terrell has never had an enemy that he knows of.

What is it like to be friends with Terrell?
He’s a loyal friend, fun to be around, but can be an annoying friend.
He’s simple and forgetful, relying on his friends to help him out. Sometimes you have to explain things to him slowly so that he understands.

History
Terrell grew up on a farm outside Napier with his dad and older half-sister!
From the moment he could walk, he was helping out with the livestock, he has always been active, playing on the farm machinery and looking after the animals.
He loves pretend roleplaying games and playing sports.
Terrell is not very smart, he's never done good at school!
His life has been about farming and until he turned eleven, he always thought he would take over the farm when he got older. Being magical has messed up his plans!

Father: Tom Foley

A kind and clueless muggle.
He lives and breathes the farm.
Ask him what sort of cow is best for breeding and he'll talk to you for the next hour solidly,
ask him what women want and he's got no clue.
He has been unfortunate to have lost the two loves of his life, the first being Terrell's half sisters mother who passed away before Terrell had been born, his second had been Terrell's mother.

Mother: Bryna Bagshaw
His mother passed away when he was a baby.
Bryna had been a witch and is where Terrell inherited his magical ability from.
He doesn't know much about her expect that she was fascinated by muggle farming,
and he knows what she looks like because he keeps a small photograph of her.
Tom Foley does not like to talk about either of his children's late mothers.

Half Sister: Margaret Foley
Maggie is five years older than Terrell and the pair get on very well.
Unfortunately for her, she's been forced to take on the mother-like role,
doing all the cooking and cleaning in the house.
She is very happy

Last edited:
Interview with Terrell (aged 11)

Personal Questions

Q: Hello Terrell, thanks for talking to me today. I'm going to ask you some questions and I would like you to reply as honestly and accurately as you can. Do you understand?
A: Hi, yes I think so.

Q: What is your full birth name?
A: Terrell Andrew Foley

Q. Terrell. That's an unusual name. Do you have a nickname?
A: Is it? I'm used to it now. No nicknames but I have been called Terry, Ter, Tez and Farmer Boy in the past, but nothing has ever stuck!

Q. What do you look like?
A: Ummmm.... I'll fetch my mirror!

*Shuffle, shuffle, CRASH! Inaudible cursing, more shuffling*

Right, I'm back. I dropped the mirror so I'm just going to have to guess. I’d say average height, messy brown hair that’s kind of short and spiky, I’d say my weight was average. My eyes are blue, my skin is pink and I’m eleven years old.

Q. How do you dress most of the time?
A: T-shirt and hoodie with jeans or shorts.

Q. How do you “dress up?”
A: I have a red shirt for such occasions

Q. How do you “dress down?”
A: Umm PJs?

Q. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
A: PJs

Q. Do you wear any jewelry?
A: I wear threaded bracelets because I think they look cool

Q. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
A: I have no idea, maybe my smile

Q. What’s your real birth date?
A: 21st April 2040, do you want to know what my fake birth date is too?

Q. Haha no, your real birthday is all we need. Where do you live? Describe it.
A: My home is a muggle farm, it's remote with lots of fields and animals. It's a working farm so of course it's messy. The farm house is small and in need of some decorating. My bedroom is the smallest and messiest room on the first floor.

Q. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much?
A: A picture of my mum. She died when I was a baby and I only have one photograph to know what she looks like.

Q. What one word best describes you?
A: I say active, I love being outside running around and having adventures. I like sports too and I want to be on the Quidditch team next year!

Q. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that’s scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
A: Large bodies of water and the thought of drowning scare me and I don't think there is anything scarier out there, no.

Q. If you were to gain an obscenely large sum of money, what would you do with it?
A: I'd buy the latest broomstick and an ice cream factory!!!

Familial Questions

Q. What was your family like?
A: Simple and loving family. My dad and my step sister have always been really supportive of me and my ventures. We are a busy family running the farm!

Q. Who was your father, and what was he like?
A: His name is Tom, he's a muggle farmer, he lives and breathes farming!

Q. Who was your mother, and what was she like?
A: I don't remember my mother but I know she was magical with brown hair and blue eyes like me!

Q. What was your parents marriage like? Were they married? Did they remain married?
A: My parents were never married.

Q. What were your siblings names? What were they like?
A: Margaret is my half sister, she's a muggle like my dad and five years older than me. She's done a really good job taking care of me and has been the closest thing to a mother that I've ever known.

Q: What’s the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you?
A: She's not always an angel! Once she thought it'd be funny to trick me into biting a raw onion because they taste like apples!

Q: Oh no that must have been horrible! And what’s the worst thing you’ve done to your sister?
A: The worst thing I've done to her was tell everyone that she had nits then cut her hair when she was sleeping. The onion prank was worse.

Q. I'm not sure the readers will agree with you there, Terrell. When’s the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now?
A: On platform 9 3/4 before going to Hogwarts. They will be on the farm right now.

Childhood Questions

Q. What is your first memory?
A: I remember having an Easter Egg hunt and getting upset when someone else picked up the best egg. It inexplicably exploded in their basket but no one was harmed.

Q. What was your favorite toy?
A: My quad bike but I wasn't allowed to bring it to Hogwarts.

Q. What was your favorite game?
A: It was football but now it's Quidditch

Q. Who was your best friend when you were growing up?
A: The animals on the farm were my best friends growing up, especially a lamb called Buddy.

Q. What is your fondest, childhood memory?
A: One of my fondest memories is when my dad took me out on the tractor for the first time and let me have a go driving. It was so fun!

Q. What is your worst childhood memory?
A: Falling into the river and nearly drowning.

Hogwarts Questions

Q. Welcome to Hogwarts! Are you enjoying it so far?
A: Thanks, yes it's been really fun so far and I've made some great friends. I really like my house, Gryffindor!

Q. Who are your closest friends?
A: I've only been her a few weeks but probably Lily Harbour and Hildegard De Valeriane!

Q. Do you have any enemies?
A: No, not that I know of.

Q. Whats your favourite place in the castle?
A: The North Tower has some great views but I still have so much exploring to do!

Q. What is your favourite subject?
A: I can't pick a favourite yet! I do like Charms.

Q. Have you joined any societies?
A: Yes I joined the Brotherhood of Magic!

Q. What would you most like to achieve at Hogwarts
A: I'd love to make the Quidditch team next year! I couldn't tryout this year because first years aren't allowed.

Q. Thank you for talking to me today Terrell. It's been fascinating getting to know you and good luck with the Quidditch tryouts next year. I look forward to another interview when you are a little older.
A: No problem, bye!!

Source: Most of these questions came from here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back