Feeling adventurous

Kale stood, listening to Professor Manteias commanding voice...he didn't budge, Kale wasn't going to give Ford away under any means. Ford was his roomate and his friend, all he could hope is that he would get out safely and quickly before he was caught. Ashamed of himself, Kale couldn't believe that he gave them away by accident in the first place... I'm so stupid.. he thought to himself looking to the ground

Sophia turned her glowing gaze upon the Professor as he arrived with Zoe. She listened to his words with a blank expression on her face. Ford is still out there, she thought, both glad and worried that he had not been caught. Sophia did not want to betray Ford and give him away, but she also did not want to get in trouble, or risk Ford's safety. Deciding that Ford could handle himself, and that she cared enough for him not to speak, Sophia merely stared at the Professor, remaining completely silent, her face betraying nothing.

((It is so very un-Slytherin of us to be sticking up for someone else at the expense of ourselves.))

Ford, crawling on the ground, noticed that he was remarkably close to the lake. He crawled along the edge of the forest until he could have touched the water with his thumb. Slowly, he crawled into the lake. He took a survey of where he was in relation to everything else around. His rock that he visited so often was on the other side of the water, too far to reach in any realistic way. He stopped moving, there had been some movement in the middle of the lake. Ford mentally let off a string of curses in his head, none of which his mother would have approved of: the giant squid.

Ford decided to stay in the extreme shallows of the lake for a bit, and walked there, crouched. His knees were greatly angered with this course of action, but he kept going. This way, his tracks would be covered by the water.

(((haha your right...but we do have hearts...)))

Zoe saw the sad look on Kales face, and guessed that it was him that might have spilled the beans on Ford and herself. She didn't know what to think, for it could have been an accident. At reflex, she shot him a dirty look, then looked towards the forest, and hoped that everyone in there was alright.

((Shoot, sorry guys I was gone all day!!!))

Scorpius cursed himself inside, it was all his fault they were in trouble. Why was I so stupid to suggest this!
He saw the professors arrive and his and Kale's lit wands gave them away at the entrance right away. After watching Professor Manteia go into the forest and tell the others of their punishments Scorpius felt even worse. He saw Sophia walk out, and later Zoe, looking defeated. He gave them an apologetic look but had nothing to do but wait for the others, if they came out. He sat on the log with Kale and pathetically said "Nox."

Professor King stood by the edhe of the forest, waiting for someone to come out, he wasn't sure how many more people were in the forest and this left him very unsettled, he then turned to Sophia. "Sophia, I'm not sure if you're telling us the complete truth, but please as it gets later both the forest, and surrounding areas get more dangerous, and even if Miss. Green goes deep enough into the forrest she will not be able to protect herself, do you swear she is the only remaining person in the forest?"

Looking over at Zoe he noticed her giving him a dirty look, he returned the look with an even more disgusted face and whispered, "I didn't say anything...he has sonar hearing!" he realized the last part was more than a whisper and looked up at Professor King hoping he didn't hear his last remark.

Kale watched as the intensity of the situation got more and more serious on Professor Kings face. He didn't want to betray Ford from being out there and not giving himself up, nor did he want him to get hurt...he would feel so guilty.

Scorpius Knight said:
He saw Sophia and Zoe walk out looking defeated.
((Firstly, we did not walk out together. Secondly, Sophia never looks defeated. I know you were gone, I merely felt the need to let you know.))

Sophia turned her gaze from Professor Manteia to Professor King, staring defiantly at him. "I never swear Professor," she replied firmly. She knew this answer would not sit well with him, but continued to stare at him with determined eyes. I will not give up on him.

((I'm busy for the weekend and miss all the good stuff...lol))

As Sabriel was following where she thought the other Slytherins had gone, she saw most of them grouped outside of the forest with Professor King. Oh no, she thought. They got caught. She wasn't sure what to do but she wanted to help all of her friends, especially Kale. While she tried to think of a plan to help the others, Sabriel walked towards the lake as to not be seen by the Professors and to think.

((I was planning on possibly running into Ford by the lake if that is okay))

Ford, crouched on the ground, had only the wind as company as he slowly made his way across the shore. In the distance he saw a figure standing near the lake. His heart jumped and he stopped moving, then he saw it was Sabriel. He watched her for a moment to make sure she was alone before getting closer.

His pace was a bit quicker now than it was before, when he got into earshot of the girl, he whispered, "Sabriel," still crouched in darkness.

Sophia Stark said:
Sophia turned her gaze from Professor Manteia to Professor King, staring defiantly at him. "I never swear Professor," she replied firmly. She knew this answer would not sit well with him, but continued to stare at him with determined eyes. I will not give up on him.
"Well I suppose the truth is a bit too much to ask from you." he replied snidley as he turned away from her, "Arithmos, we need to find Bellatrix, and anyone else who might be in the forest..."

Sophia's gaze turned into an irate glare. "Excuse me, Professor, could you please repeat that statement? I am afraid I could not quite hear you." Her tone was dripping with displeasure. She was fully prepared to bring up old times if this was how he was going to play.

"I'm sorry Ms. Stark, but this is frustrating me to no end. I am all for being loyal but you must understand we saw a number of students leave with you and this is not everyone we saw! Granted, some of them could've gone somewhere else, but I doubt it. There also comes a time when you are risking your friends safty and well-being by trying to remain 'loyal', so if their is anything you might be hiding, please tell us now." he finished sitting down in the grass, more then ready to level the whole forest if this kept up.

Sophia added a half smirk to her glare. The Professor has learned to control his temper somewhat, she thought to herself, a bit surprised. "If there are more students in the Forest, it would not matter if I told you their identities, because I haven't the faintest clue as to where they are. As I told Professor Manteia, there is at least one student in the Forest that I know of. Although, for all I know, there may be no one left in the Forest."

Sophia Stark said:
Sophia added a half smirk to her glare. The Professor has learned to control his temper somewhat, she thought to herself, a bit surprised. "If there are more students in the Forest, it would not matter if I told you their identities, because I haven't the faintest clue as to where they are. As I told Professor Manteia, there is at least one student in the Forest that I know of. Although, for all I know, there may be no one left in the Forest."
"It would matter, we'd know when to stop looking at the very least." he replied, "Sophia tell us, this isn't just you protecting your friends, this is their health at stakes."

"As I have already said, Professor, for all I know, no one is left in the Forest. It is possible that anyone in there has already found a way out, and then you would be looking for something that is not there at all.

"Furthermore, Professor, I would appreciate knowing why this is all being put on my shoulders. As you have stated, I was not the only one in the Forest." Sophia kept her voice polite, the slight smirk still visible on her lips. She was not one to lose her temper, and had kept her cool quite nicely thus far.

"You are being asked because I figured you, as a future leader of magic, might understand the situation and the severity of it, lstly, how to repond to it, the best of all currently present." Professor King responded.

Sophia's smirk grew slightly stronger. She spoke very confidently, a slight smugness in her tone. "Contrary to what you may like to believe, Professor, I do indeed understand the dangers of the Forest. Believe it or not, Professor, I know precisely what I am doing, and am acting as a future leader should, in my opinion, act. I have answered your questions, merely not in the manner that you wish them to have been answered, Professor."

"Fine then, Ms. Stark, if you shall continue answering my questions answer this, What are all the names of those who originally entered the Forbidden Forest with you this evening?"

The smirk remained on Sophia's face as she admired Professor King's intelligent solution. "I am afraid, Professor, that I have reached my limit for answering questions. You might want to turn to the other students present for answers that are more pleasing to you."

Professor Nicolas King said:
"Fine then, Ms. Stark, if you shall continue answering my questions answer this, What are all the names of those who originally entered the Forbidden Forest with you this evening?"
((Mephistopheles! Ba'al! Aziraphale! Lucifer! Satan!))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back