Feeling adventurous

Without a word or a look at any of the others, Kale sat down on the grass and began picking at it. Wondering how much longer this will drag out and where the hell Ford wandered off to..

Sabriel walked to the edge of the lake. Whispering she asked him, "What's going on?" She was really worried about Kale and didn't want him to be in a lot of trouble, but didn't have any idea of how to help him. She reached out her hand to Ford so she could help him out of the lake.

"Bella, Sophia, Zoe-Hope, and I went into the forest. Kale and Scorpius stayed back. Then, out of nowhere, our Head of House and Professor King appeared. Bella had gone...somewhere..." Ford shrugged as he took Sabriel's hand and pulled himself out of the lake, "Sophia and I got seperated, and Zoe turned herself in. I got out of the forest when our Head of House to her back to the others, and here I am." Ford said quietly, he looked over to the others, they were all grouped together further away, down the forest's edge. "You think we should go over there?" He asked hoping she said yes, so he could make sure Sophia was okay, although he knew she was, she was strong.

Sabriel listened as Ford had explained the events of the evening. Knowing Professor Manteia everyone would be in a lot of trouble. Looking to where the others stood, she knew she wanted to help Kale. "Shouldn't we have a plan first," she said to him. Though she didn't have any good ideas herself. What could they come up with that Manteia would believe.

"I can't think of anything, either," Ford said dryly, he didn't want to abandon Sophia to the Professors, "But we can't go in without one." He paused for a moment, racking his brain. Suddenly, he looked up, "We'll walk over, and act as if we got lost in the forest looking for Bellatrix, who wandered in of her own voilition," he said commandingly.

"That might be able to work," Sabriel said. "But how are we going to explain why you are wet?" The plan was the only one they had and she hoped that it would work.

Ford considered this momentarily, stroking an imaginary goatee, before speaking, "I got lost in the forest, and stumbled out of it, lost my balance and almost fell face first into it."

Bellatrix was now frantically wandering through the woods not sure if she was headed towards or away from the Professors.

Professor Manteia had stood and listened to Professor King question the students about the identities of those who had entered the forest. He was not impressed with the results and was growing increasingly impatient. Part of him wished to utilize the Imperius Curse on the assembled students and force them to reveal the details of the night's activities. The students had elected to not reveal any additional information about the number and identity of students in the area. It was time to take matters into his own hands.

Professor Manteia approached Professor King and whispered in his ear before addressing the students. "You are to proceed directly to the Slytherin Common Room and wait for me there. I will be sending a Patronus to the Headmistress so that we can confirm that you have arrived within ten minutes, do not make matters any worse for yourself by dawdling." He paused for a moment and seeing that they had not begun the journey as quickly as he had hoped, waved his wand aggressively in the direction of the castle and bellowed "GO NOW!!! I will join you as soon as we locate any remaining students in the vicinity."

Professor Manteia sent his Patronus off to the Headmistress to ensure that the four students arrived in the Dungeons in short order before turning to Professor King. "Shall we go?", he stated, rather than asked.

Although it was against her better judgment, Sophia gave the Forest one last look before she made her way quickly back to the castle. This night was one huge disaster, but she refused to let her face show an ounce of what she was feeling.

Still sitting on the grass and picking at it, Kale was beginning to feel more and more annoyed. He wanted a change of enviornment...I hate being cooped up! he screamed inside to himself, with a harsh expression on his face. Getting up while Professor Manteia commanded them to go to the Common Room, he left out a loud sigh...walking ahead of everyone else he walked towards the castle, clearly not in the mood.

"Okay let's do it," Sabriel finally said. They needed to do something to help the situation. She waited for Ford's que to walk over to where the professors were.

Scorpius got up from the log, glared at the Professors and decided all he could do was wait. He kicked the ground in frustration as he headed towards the castle.

Professor King chose not to reply to Professor Manteia's order, but simply turned to face the forest.

Ford nodded to Sabriel and put on a slightly harried look, which on Ford looked as if he was slightly annoyed, and walked over to the two professors rather quickly.

"Professor King, Manteia," he nodded to each as he got close, also noting that the students were making their way back to the castle. He began speaking loud enough, hoping that they would hear, "It seems as though our own search party has been crashed by yours," he said slightly incredulously.

As Zoe was walking back to the castle, she noticed that Ford and Sabriel were now with them. how did sabriel get here? she wondered to herself, but was thankful that Ford was safe, wet but safe.

Professor Manteia observed Ford and Sabriel approach and attempted to gauge the sincerity of the boy's statement. "And what exactly are the two of you searching for at this late hour Mr. Harkonnen?", he said stone faced.

"Bellatrix, Sir," Ford stated confidently, "She decided to go into the Forest. This worried me because I didn't want to lose our house any points, so I went after her. At least, that was my origional plan. Things extrapolated from there, and Scorpius, Kale, Sophia, Zoe-Hope, and Sabriel ended up coming too." Ford said as if nothing could be more obvious. "As you might have guessed, we did not find Bellatrix. Last we saw her, she was running off through the forest casting Avada Kedavra at whatever suited her fancy."

Sophia was on her way back to the castle when she heard Ford's voice. She had to quickly wipe away the look of surprise as she turned around, wondering what he was doing. Deciding it would be best not to linger, she turned back around and walked into the castle.

As Kale walked silently behind Sophia he noticed her stop for a slight moment, stopping behind her he whispered, "Is that Ford?" he squinted trying to make out the figures, but tried not to make it too noticeable that the Professor's can see.

Scorpius heard Ford's voice as he was walking back to the castle but did nothing in the slightest to show that he was surprised, in case the Professors were keeping a very close watch on their behavior. He kept walking back to the castle as if nothing, smirking slightly.

"He actually got out! What are we gonna do?" he hissed to Sophia, excited that Ford and someone else got around the Professors. "Is that Bellatrix?" he asked, not having a clue who the other person was in the dark.

"I do not believe so," she whispered, stopping and looking back. "I believe I heard Ford saying that we were all looking for Bellatrix, and failed." Her golden eyes strained in the darkness to make out the scene on the edge of the Forest.

Kale bit his lip, "So what should we do?...we can stay out here, or obey Manteias command...which doesn't seem like any fun..." he said with a shrug and a smirk on his face, still trying to make out the unknown persons figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back